CEX.io
Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Ye Olde Providence Thread - I put on my chains and slave collar

1. Slowly Dying Like Dried Grapes Vonqueesha Shenaynay's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Or AAA gets bored, steamrolls the region and installs shitty alliances to farm again.
    [B]I PAID 25 EUROS FOR A SIG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SHITTY TROLL ATTEMPT[/B]

2. Banned
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Is CCP buying them from NCDOT or is TripleShit helping them take it? Looking at KM's TripleShit is killing NCDOT Towers.

3. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooohyoutouchmytralala View Post
    The old providence isn't possible without 3+ years to build, or a complete and total collapse of the NC and a flood of players who went up north returning to NRDS. Besides, CVA isn't getting ALL of providence back, NC. is keeping two pockets in providence, and I don't know who else is keeping what.

Evoke and co may just be trying to keep CVA from annoying them and hitting their CSAA's when they are up north. I would also say its far more likely that once NC. get bored again, assuming they don't disband/die/merge into PL, they will come and burn w/e CVA is trying to build again to the ground. They seemed to have a special place in their heart for CVA.
    I disagree. What made Provi wasn't that horde but the smaller corps who got their feet wet and lived in Provi as non holders. If you can get them back in, you can restore the region pretty quickly. 1 year or less IMO.

And it won't just be CVA but other allied alliances as well.

4. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    NRDS is a nap-fest? I guarantee you my alliance has more reds than Goonswarm does. Nice thing about NRDS entities, you never lack reds, because you end up setting all the NBSI entities red eventually anyways. All NRDS means, in practicality, is that you're not shooting nubs in haulers or other NRDS entities of which there are few anyways.

5. Go fuck yourself Frodo! KWyz's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I started my nullsec life in NRDS Provi, and was there when the place fell apart. Those were THE days. Citadel FTW.

6. We're Only in It for the Money Ooohyoutouchmytralala's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    If anything theres more pvp when you are NRDS, as reds COME TO YOU to kill the hordes of neutrals living in your space. No roaming required.

7. We're Only in It for the Money Ooohyoutouchmytralala's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Burn eden joined NC. o.o Guess they need moar supers built

R/P
    Power
    Merged both Provi-Threads because we certainly don't need two.

9. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Some Generally Awesome Dude's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Pripyat View Post
    Merged both Provi-Threads because we certainly don't need two.
    Even one is too many.

R/P
    Power
    The five Kugu-Posters actually caring about that region need a place to post too.

11. We're Only in It for the Money Ooohyoutouchmytralala's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Hey! Its like seven posters......

12. The Fourth Profession Tyrael's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    http://go-dl.eve-files.com/media/cor...e/20110521.png

Were there really no sov changes today?

Alliance Tournament IX
    The drawing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31RchQA-ku0

Qualifying Round:
    Curatores Veritatis Alliance vs. The Conglomeration Of Ill Advised Ideas

Now, is it too soon for that joke?
    +rep ;)

13. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    The five Kugu-Posters actually caring about that region need a place to post too.
    I care!

14. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I don't care about Provi. I do like HandofSatan's negrep wherein I point out that NRDS is essentially an inferior version of NAPs and he calls it a "Dumb post." I suppose I did bait the trap on that one, though.

NRDS means that, assuming that someone comes in to your system who is not red, you cannot tell if they are A: a friend who will help you, B: someone who doesn't give two shits about you, or C: some guy coming in to gank you. For it to work, lots of people have to keep lists of KOS pilots, which are a real pain in the ass to keep up to date for everyone and enforce properly. By its very nature of the uncertainty over whether someone is friend or foe it attracts those who wish to prey on the unsuspecting or naive. It also does not lend itself to becoming a self-sustaining model.

Meanwhile, in NBSI land, anyone without a little blue marker next to their picture is KOS. Easy, effective, and the way that successful groups adopt.

Oh, and as an aside for HandofSatan for his last negrep he gave me before this one: I'm not part of the NC, dickbutt. Stop drinking the Koolaid.

15. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    The reasons, by the way, that I don't care about Providence are because it's an ass-poor region and very far away. And is a breeding ground for dickbutts, apparently.

16. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Some Generally Awesome Dude's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    NRDS is retarded. End of story.

17. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    NRDS means that, assuming that someone comes in to your system who is not red, you cannot tell if they are A: a friend who will help you, B: someone who doesn't give two shits about you, or C: some guy coming in to gank you. For it to work, lots of people have to keep lists of KOS pilots, which are a real pain in the ass to keep up to date for everyone and enforce properly. By its very nature of the uncertainty over whether someone is friend or foe it attracts those who wish to prey on the unsuspecting or naive. It also does not lend itself to becoming a self-sustaining model.
    KOS pilot lists are only maintained by CVA. I don't know of any other entity that runs a KOS list and is NRDS. In the Great Wildlands, whenever Republic Alliance was swingin' dick around, they didn't run a KOS list. They just published their standings on a webpage, and those operating in concert with them simply copied it. Pretty f'n easy. Plenty of NBSI entities publish their standings as well. Not much effort there. That CVA goes the extra step with the KOS list is just a testament to their thoroughness, it's not required in order to run NRDS efficiently.

And really, there is little uncertainty over friend and foe. If the corp description says NBSI or has a pirate name, you shoot it without thinking. Otherwise, what uncertainty? If I'm ratting in a system and some guy named JoeFaceFace comes into system with a Cynabal, guess what? He's probably hostile. Time to reship. Your attempt to cast NRDS pilots as these sad-sack numpty's sitting around going "Oh gee, will this guy attack me" is simply a decent illustration that you've never been in an actual NRDS corp. Besides, any NRDS corp or alliance worth it's salt just goes through and sets larger NBSI entities red pre-emptively.

As for not "self-sustaining", CVA ran Providence for how many years? And ended up losing it because they leeroy'd an attack against a larger neighbor, not because they were NRDS.

The only "advantage" of NBSI vs. NRDS is that you get to pointlessly shoot n00bs in haulers to up your KB efficiency. Woo, woo, woo.

PS. Only shitposters get butthurt over rep. Take yourself less seriously, numpty.

18. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    You must be smoking something pretty strong if you think red, or hell, even neutral haulers come anywhere near NBSI sov nullsec. I wish they did. It would be nice to have someone to shoot at who won't shoot back and drops tasty loot (though on occasion cyno alts do provide this opportunity). Your mysterious fixation with "you are NBSI you must shoot idiots all day for KB efficiency" pretty clearly demonstrates a bias towards the NRDS school of thought that I guarantee I won't overcome by posting. Not to say that I won't try. FYI nobody flies a neutral hauler out to NBSI nullsec space unless they're absolutely retarded: you can't dock at the stations, and anyone trying to ninja a living out there...well, hell, I've never heard of any competent group allowing that. Ever.

"There is little uncertainty over friend or foe." There is even less when you're either blue or you're not. This is the part you don't get. The NBSI system is inherently more secure. That's why everyone else besides CVA and their Let's-Hold-Hands-And-Sing-Kumbayah-Whilst-We-Build-An-Empire friends uses it.

Also, negrep is generally reserved for shitposts, not necessarily stuff you disagree with. But if you want to get in a negrep war over someone pointing out that nobody in their right mind uses NRDS outside of a worthless bumfuck piece of space called Providence, feel free to start hitting me for -2 every chance you get. To borrow from Manny...I'll jump on your negrep grenade and scream "Fuck you!" as I'm falling.

19. "It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane"
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofSatan View Post
    NRDS corp or alliance worth it's salt
    Nice Oxymoron there

The only "advantage" of NBSI vs. NRDS is that you get to pointlessly shoot n00bs in haulers to up your KB efficiency. Woo, woo, woo.
    Shoot neutral scouts without breaking your agenda? (admittedly not that much of a problem, considering how easy it is to implant a blue scout/awoxer into some blobby napfest like most of 0.0 alliances are nowadays...)

20. Truth. As terrible as death. But harder to find Brooks Puuntai's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    NRDS Provi was the only interesting thing about Minmatar FW. Thats all I remember was doing roams there and shotgunning belts.

21. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    I have to shit on Fix Lag's post. It's just too stupid not to. Beware: pointless wall of text incoming, start your scroll wheel to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fix Lag View Post
    You must be smoking something pretty strong if you think red, or hell, even neutral haulers come anywhere near NBSI sov nullsec.
    Who said they did? I said the only real advantage of NBSI is that you get to shoot entities that aren't threats or hostile to you. Nobody said anything about carebear bluefest nullsec and haulers going out there. You do realize that there are thousands upon thousands of NBSI corps that don't live in sov nullsec, right?

And even those NBSI corps that do live in sov nullsec, most of them actually do roams and something more than rat in anomolies. I guess your alliance doesn't. I feel bad for you. That must really, really suck.

I wish they did. It would be nice to have someone to shoot at who won't shoot back and drops tasty loot (though on occasion cyno alts do provide this opportunity).
    I say "the big advantage of NBSI is that you get to shoot nubs in haulers" and you respond with "no I don't, I'm in a shit alliance that hides out in our own sov all day" and then opine about how much fun it would be to shoot neutral haulers. Sure showed me with your excellently thought out reply.

"There is little uncertainty over friend or foe." There is even less when you're either blue or you're not. This is the part you don't get. The NBSI system is inherently more secure. That's why everyone else besides CVA and their Let's-Hold-Hands-And-Sing-Kumbayah-Whilst-We-Build-An-Empire friends uses it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

"More people do it, so it must be better!"

Thing is, I don't think NRDS is better than NBSI, or NBSI is better than NRDS. Goofs like you, who have never run NRDS, think it's better because it's all you know. And like so many idiots who have a limited experience, you shout to the heavens that anyone who doesn't play your way is dumb. NBSI is the simpler way to play the game, some people like simple. Why those people get so upset that others don't play the game "the simple, unthinking way" is bogglesome to me. I don't get it. You play the simple way, more power to you.

Also, negrep is generally reserved for shitposts, not necessarily stuff you disagree with. But if you want to get in a negrep war over someone pointing out that nobody in their right mind uses NRDS outside of a worthless bumfuck piece of space called Providence, feel free to start hitting me for -2 every chance you get. To borrow from Manny...I'll jump on your negrep grenade and scream "Fuck you!" as I'm falling.
    "negrep war"
    "nobody uses NRDS outside of providence"
    "to borrow from manny"
    =
    Shit poster.

NRDS is a fun way to play the game. It gives you a ton of targets. It exposes new players to 0.0 (both NPC and sov) which tends to lead to a lot more targets coming to try to kill the new players who you get to fight. The only people who really have a problem with NRDS are players who are muppets that don't really have the brains required to understand why some people play the game differently than they do.

Of course, why would I expect anything more from a random shitball who named himself "Fix Lag." Simp, simp, simpleton.

22. Go fuck yourself Frodo!
    R/P
    Power
    NRDS or NBSI, both are viable and both get plenty of pvp if they got a pvp oriented leadership.

CVA killboard easily got between 400-900 kills per week during their prime, most of that where kills in Providence; defence basically.
    Hostile roamers/fleets came around for some fun, Provi blob reacted and pew pew commenced. It was more or less a daily occurance. Obviously tons of recon/HAC packs too to shoot/get killed by too etc.
    Hardly a pvp starved region or alliance, atleast initially.
    With its open door policy to even npc alts, there where people everywhere eventually, so you barely got undocked before the message "reds dead" could be read in citadel.
    Slowly apathy sets in and the triggerhappy peeps starts looking for alternative corps/alliances cause everything dies before it gets far in the region just thru sheer numbers of people around.

I guess its more "secure", but your missing a few points;

If you run NRDS your likely to have neutrals all over that is part of the intel channel(s). Everyone and their cat that is an unknown will get reported, and hostile gangs will be indentified, shiptypes gotten and direction of movement.
    So NRDS enhances security that way.
    Another point is; NRDS provides ways to make isk that NBSI doesnt, and you gotta take the pros and cons and see what works for you in that regard.

Lately Ive flown under the NBSI flag, which is fine with me. But its not the NBSI policy that makes the fun, its the leadership and people in corp/alliance.
    If your CEO/Exec/FC's suck ass then the NRDS/NBSI tag makes no difference, you are gonna have a shitty time and die all the same.

Quite a few large NBSI entities got nuked by bigger or better entitites, and NRDS/NBSI flag wouldnt have made any difference whatsoever.
    CVA/Old Provi got ridiculed cause it folded after a few big fights/losses, but afterwards its been shown NBSI entities does the same once they reach a breaking point/realisation its just a matter of time before
    they gets rolled competely.

TLDR; its all about FCs/leadership and not about NRDS/NBSI. If your leaders suck your policy tag wont make any difference.

23. The Illinois Enema Bandit Comrade Comrade's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I think provi should ask money from all the alliances that roam there space (when they finish getting it back). It can be like a hunting safari!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

24. JDizzle
    NRDS people do it because it's more fun for them. Seeing a region like Providence filled with new and old players, everyone doing their own thing and getting good fights seems like a pretty awesome goal to have. Seeing empty system after empty system is boring and depressing

25. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Cars are better than horses, therefore more people drive cars than ride horses. NBSI is a better policy for large empires than NRDS, therefore more groups use NBSI. If you find it fun, then you can really do whatever you want in that regard and nobody's going to stop you. I was in a NRDS entity for the first year I played the game. I found its shooting policy to have a number of problems, and when I moved in with a different sov nullsec entity the NBSI system worked out a lot better.

I am also not foolish enough to believe that NRDS attracts people just for "goodfites." It attracts a lot of people looking for easy targets.

26. What Good Is a Glass Dagger? Mizuchi's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Cars are better than horses, therefore more people drive cars than ride horses. NBSI is a better policy for large empires than NRDS, therefore more groups use NBSI. If you find it fun, then you can really do whatever you want in that regard and nobody's going to stop you. I was in a NRDS entity for the first year I played the game. I found its shooting policy to have a number of problems, and when I moved in with a different sov nullsec entity the NBSI system worked out a lot better.

I am also not foolish enough to believe that NRDS attracts people just for "goodfites." It attracts a lot of people looking for easy targets.
    easy targets provide good fights

1) gank ratter(s)
    2) defenders form up blob
    3) kill blob
    4) ??
    5) profit

and as for the nrds/nbsi arguement, its a sandbox. running your space using either is perfectly viable depending on how you want to run it.

Usually After a name of a Resurrected Alliance that is doomed to succeed.
    R/P
    Power
    There is no system inherently better than the other. It's efficiency is determined solely by the ones imposing the policy. Providence was a fun region during CVA times and I would like to see it restored to be honest. Also it was quite different from what we have nowadays in nullsec and just for this reason alone it would be nice to see CVA controlled space again.

28. This is harsh. Evaluate me
    R/P
    Power
    Agreed. It'll be grand to have CVA back in their old space and willing to fight once again.
    Wonder when ev0ke will start transferring sov... do they still have buns in the oven?

29. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Sir are you calling my region shit? For your sake I hope you are not
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

30. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I think CVA's main priority now is to find some alliances that can act as a holder and help secure Providence. The rest is easy.

With a bit of luck we could have a NRDS Providence in little over a year. If no one decides to crash the party. But then considering that every one misses the old Providence and that the region is now back to being shit I doubt that any one will care except for a possible JB network perhaps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

31. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stronke View Post
    I think CVA's main priority now is to find some alliances that can act as a holder and help secure Providence. The rest is easy.

With a bit of luck we could have a NRDS Providence in little over a year. If no one decides to crash the party. But then considering that every one misses the old Providence and that the region is now back to being shit I doubt that any one will care except for a possible JB network perhaps.
    I hope we don't, just for the sake of seeing you Provi-fags dwelling on the past.
    Monkeys killing monkeys killing monkeys over places of the ground.
    Silly monkeys, give them thumbs, they make a club and beat their brothers down.

The universe is hostile, so impersonal: Devour to survive - So it is, so it's always been!

32. I have galactorrhea :(
    R/P
    Power
    As long as CVA doesn't go full retard and deny a single system for jumpbridges out of ~RP~ sensibilities, I don't think anyone would really mind a return to NRDS Provi. But jesus, whoever did the diplo with -A- back in the day really dropped the ball - let's hope they're not put in charge again.

33. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaclypse View Post
    I hope we don't, just for the sake of seeing you Provi-fags dwelling on the past.
    Let me have my nostalgia you prick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

34. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Snake's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwergi View Post
    As long as CVA doesn't go full retard and deny a single system for jumpbridges out of ~RP~ sensibilities, I don't think anyone would really mind a return to NRDS Provi. But jesus, whoever did the diplo with -A- back in the day really dropped the ball - let's hope they're not put in charge again.
    Who needs a JB network ending in provi these days anyways? -A- has HED, and drone russians are losing their southern holdings anyways so I don't think they will need the one they have there much longer. v0v

35. Go fuck yourself Frodo!
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwergi View Post
    Aralis aint playing the game, so he wont be in charge of that anymore obviously

And Manny is in .:PL:. (strange to see him blue) so thats two of the guys out of the equation ^^

36. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Niding View Post
    But its not the NBSI policy that makes the fun, its the leadership and people in corp/alliance.
    If your CEO/Exec/FC's suck ass then the NRDS/NBSI tag makes no difference, you are gonna have a shitty time and die all the same.
    Bingo. As an in-character debate topic, it's fun to get heated about it. As an ooc debate topic, it's a bit boring really. They're rules of engagement and have their own distinct advantages/disadvantages. The end result is very often the same...aside from the well known (because they'd been around for a long time) neutrals LIVING in Provi...most folks either became red or blue to CVA pretty quick. Usually red.

NRDS requires a lot of "work" to reap the rewards...but not long before the misguided invasion of Catch, one could play the same market games in Provi as people do in high sec trade hubs. Higher margin/lower volume...but the result was more or less the same. People think CVA are always bullshitting when we talk about how healthy the Providence market used to be, but man, I'm telling you...it's profitable for EVERYBODY to have one's space filled with neutrals. Or it was then. We'll see what happens now.

37. Piper in the Woods
    R/P
    Power
    I'd love to see CVA reclaim providence. I'd assumed TriVoke would let CVA have half of providence in order to have something to shoot back when they were first moving in, and kicking them out completely seemed a bit strange for a "we want fights" organization.

One question: why is the CVA killboard private? It seems like anyone that likes to pvp that might want to join would be extremely turned off by this.

38. The church of Batman the redeemer needs you
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilgan View Post
    I'd love to see CVA reclaim providence. I'd assumed TriVoke would let CVA have half of providence in order to have something to shoot back when they were first moving in, and kicking them out completely seemed a bit strange for a "we want fights" organization.
    cva didnt fight, they ran from every single reasonable defense gang ev0ke formed that time. You had hard time chasing the fags, what you got instead were cyno bomber and afk cloaker sitting around. Nothing wrong with that, a bit annoying, just putting things straight here.
    I remember desperately trying to catch their 12 dudes BC gang with our 6, no chance.

They dont deserve any space IMO.

39. Go fuck yourself Frodo!
    R/P
    Power
    Cva faught AAA until it was appearant where things where heading. Then after a while cva reclaimed some systems fighting the "fightclub". during this PL where flying around, and cva got many good fights with squatters and a few with PL. The combined squatters started sbuing and pushing back, and it was fairly straining to do sov grinds without a ton of supercaps. A whiile into this Ev0ke entered the field and took out the kbp squatters. Then they turned their attention to cva with ncdot and IT refugees. Tons of supers etc and at that point Cvaers where already worn out and decided to call it a day.

Tbh its the same that pretty much every entity in eve has done once they saw the writing on the wall.

Your incoherent rambelings bout old provi cant really be taken serious as its just a millisecond snapshot of a longer period.
    I dont expect you to comprehend anything tho.

40. The church of Batman the redeemer needs you
    R/P
    Power
    the question aimed to that millisecond of a longer period, so the answer did

41. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Ignore the lousy troll Niding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

42. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Rovern Hashu's Avatar
    Arton II - CreoDron Factory, Arton, Domain
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilgan View Post
    One question: why is the CVA killboard private? It seems like anyone that likes to pvp that might want to join would be extremely turned off by this.
    At this point the only reason apart from lazyness is that the board is so embarrassingly behind the times as far as actual ships and stuff (we don't even have the new avatars yet) that we don't want anyone to see it. Good news is "its being worked on" right after a bunch of other oog things. I hope and imagine that when we do update/get a new one it will be at least semi-public. The original reasoning behind a private killboard (providing enemy groups fleet information, etc.) is redundant at this point due to the larger pilot friendly killboards like eve-kill which see most of the mails anyway.

43. The Alien Mind
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JCongo View Post
    What about simply recycling it. Capture a station, recycle it and get some mins and stuff back. When they go to recapture it, it doesnt exist.
    Or be able to rig it with explosives so 10-30 days after the station is lost, it explodes with all the new occupants stuff (pods and all) being dropped/looted/etc. New owners would have that long to hack/guess/buy the disarming codes.

Can you imaging the Noctis rush to salvage a station wreck? lol And the tears.... Oh the tears... lol

44. The Alien Mind
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper van View Post
    cva didnt fight, they ran from every single reasonable defense gang ev0ke formed that time. You had hard time chasing the fags, what you got instead were cyno bomber and afk cloaker sitting around. Nothing wrong with that, a bit annoying, just putting things straight here.
    I remember desperately trying to catch their 12 dudes BC gang with our 6, no chance.

They dont deserve any space IMO.
    Evoke did install some nice renters in the region, who among with themselfs gave some really nice and juicy targets to drop black ops and bombers on.
    Wich turned out to be a hell of alot more fun to mess around with, than to try and grind sov, cause we where fucking tired of that shit when nc./evoke came by.

45. At the office, getting paid to be on here (unofficially) Jacabon Mere's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Does ripper want to be reminded of the SC dropped to kill a frigate? NC. was hot dropping anything that moved.

46. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacabon Mere View Post
    Does ripper want to be reminded of the SC dropped to kill a frigate?
    No, he just wants to get a rise. Facts rarely carry much weight in discussions regarding who ran from whom, who was justified in doing so, who was just being lame, and who gave :goodfights:

47. At the office, getting paid to be on here (unofficially) Jacabon Mere's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    That reminds me. My corp used to have reaction towers in yong. And when NC. SC's were forming up waiting for a drop, they used to incap modules for the heck of it.

48. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee? Byrr's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I'm with those that would like to see the return of an NRDS Providence, that's where I got my null sec start too. I'm betting I'll be staying on the KOS list though, the last time I checked there weren't many LEGIO fans in CVA.

49. Adjustment Team
    R/P
    Power
    Now that I'm out of that hellhole which is Providence I'm gonna admit it: CVA wasn't half as bad as many try to make it. Hell they even impressed me on a couple of occasions. When CVA finally pulled out they ironically won because they were about the only worthwhile gang to shoot at down there. When a PvP alliance doesn't get their fun it's time to move. People were starting to grumble among the ranks of lack of action. Going back north has been nothing but outstanding in my opinion.

Their cloaky bomber faggots were annoying and I remember seeing retardedly expensive renter losses all the time. Smart gaming as far as I'm concerned. Living in NPC stations, being outnumbered and outgunned is far more exciting than riding with the blob. CVA had targets everywhere. We were giving CVA all the fun in Provi. Good luck down there in your shithole of a region.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Dots View Post
    There is no system inherently better than the other.
    Systems have inherent weaknesses and strengths, some have more than others. To claim that one is or is not superior to the other as a blanket statement is madness. NBSI is space control, NRDS is space freedom. You can draw parallels to maritime wars if you like, I'm not going there. Control strategies are intended to be used from, and breed, a position of strength. Freedom is the position of those who do not wish to fight for the right of use. When the two come to serious blows, the results are very much predictable.

NRDS always exists at the sufferance of the NBSI entities, because they don't see a point in destroying it.