CEX.io
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

~welp~

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinx View Post
    You are right, they should stand by their words and not back down to pressure.
    How did you come to this conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Flinx View Post
    Are you really comparing actual journalism to something that is akin to blogging. Does the man who wrote the massivley.com article for virtual magazine have a recognised degree
    If they're being paid to make articles for something which labels itself as a news site, then I call them journalists, and what they do journalism. There are only three skills that's required, the ability to talk to people, the ability to check facts, and the ability to actually write legibly. It's not rocket science.
    Turning pretend colourblind angels from spaceship to madship samurais, one post at a time.

2. This is harsh. Evaluate me TheYeti's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by tgr View Post

If they're being paid to make articles for something which labels itself as a news site, then I call them journalists, and what they do journalism. There are only three skills that's required, the ability to talk to people, the ability to check facts, and the ability to actually write legibly. It's not rocket science.
    If real journalist can't even do that, or won't. Why you do expect hobby journalist to do it?

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheYeti View Post
    If real journalist can't even do that, or won't. Why you do expect hobby journalist to do it?
    It's not a matter of "can't", it's very much a matter of "won't". And why should they, when it seems most people don't care, and there are no repercussions for not doing so?
    Turning pretend colourblind angels from spaceship to madship samurais, one post at a time.

4. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Mr Coloredshirt's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    It's not a matter of "can't", it's very much a matter of "won't". And why should they, when it seems most people don't care, and there are no repercussions for not doing so?
    why are you cyberbullying journalism, just like alexander gianturco cyberbullied that poor kid who almost died of suicide.

5. MrBillsDog
    Quote Originally Posted by Constantin View Post
    Can't be done. Such players are usually seen as victims. CCP banning them would be very bad press at the least.
    Imagine what would happen if "The Wiz" gets banned after all this mess. Jesus!
    It is not a ban. It's an intervention.

They should not let him play again until they get a letter from his psychiatrist that it is safe to do so.

In fact, one of the GMs said exactly that in one of the threads this fiasco spawned, the "Magic Circle" post.

If a player threatens to commit suicide over an in game action, the proper response is to silently perform the action anyway, and then report the player for making a real life suicide threat. The GM stated that the correct response from CCp would normally be to suspend the player threatening suicide, and then to notify local authorities of his suicide threat.

6. Piper in the Woods
    R/P
    Power
    Butthound gang does what it does best, fail.

7. Honey, Don't You Want a Man Like Me Elektrea's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Nobody's disputing that.

That's a bit of a copout, though. "If she didn't want to get raped, she shouldn't have worn that outfit."

Mittens fucked up, he's dealing with the consequences. CCP fucked up by not having a censoring delay on the live stream
    Uhhh what? Who is going to think to censor that even if they had the chance?

The only reason this blew up is because of the media. This shouldn't of gone anywhere, but yet it did. But blaming CCP for not being able to censor it, grasping at straws much?

8. What Good Is a Glass Dagger? icanhazcheesetoast's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Elektrea View Post

The only reason this blew up is because of the media. This shouldn't of gone anywhere, but yet it did. But blaming CCP for not being able to censor it, grasping at straws much?
    Its called goon damage control. they started with drunken stupor and then moved on to blame shoddy 2nd rate blogging and they finally settled for CCPs lack of censorship.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by icanhazcheesetoast View Post
    Its called goon damage control. they started with drunken stupor and then moved on to blame shoddy 2nd rate blogging and they finally settled for CCPs lack of censorship.
    No, that's elektrea quoting like a faggot.

10. Piper in the Woods
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by T'Renn View Post
    Look how stupid you are. Alcohol didn't have anything to do with this. I'm sure he would have made much the same comments, alcohol or no alcohol (for the record though, Jager is fucking disgusting. Try a nice Ouzo instead.) It's a comment that fits the persona completely, and what people have honestly come to expect from the Queen of Space. This whole incident was wholly used as a vehicle for the IN-GAME enemies of GSF to use against them to improve their in-game stature (a banned Mittani obviously helps the cause of GSF enemies. A Mittani not on CSM7 helps them a GREAT deal.) So brave and meta of them. If anything, this was an affront to the people who truly have suffered as the victims of real bullying. For instance, anyone that says this is worse because of The Wiz's apparent personal issues are completely missing the point. That shouldn't even be part of the punishment equation, because I guarantee he would have gotten lambasted anyway. It's not like the Mittani singled this person out because of his personal issues. If I were the ice miner -- as cool as I happen to be -- I could have been the target of the same joke. I would have been 100% fine with and probably laughed my ass off. It's coincidence that the miner just didn't have his emotional shit together. I'm sure that if this guy come up to Mittani after the alliance presentation and talked to him, he would have had a pleasant OOC conversation with him. Real bullying doesn't work like that. Real bullying is absolute no matter what the context. Bullying is a serious problem in our society, but not the stuff that goes on in Eve because it's people playing a role, not necessarily acting out their true nature. What happened to HTFU? ...and alot more words....
    ers
    The point isnt if that guy was "bullying" someone or not.In game there are far worse "threats" and "harrassements" by other players that all of us know and dont give a fuck about it.
    Now.I am not the one to judge or mock these 10k players that follow with their internet spaceships a guy that doesnt have a clue of what is happening around him when drunk...
    tbh i never voted for CSM.Or never cared for eve fanfests.I was curious enough though to watch that video to see something interesting and why not maybe funny.
    There was that WH guy with the national anthem ransom that was trully awesome and others with maybe less "funny" approach beeing a little serious about their spaceships.
    There was also a idiot in that panel.
    Wanna play a guess game who it was?

P.Syzo is cool for some but i dont like it tbh,i prefer tsipoyro in small quantities

11. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    tgr, get your tongue out of mittens asshole for once and learn how to be your own man.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    tgr, get your tongue out of mittens asshole for once and learn how to be your own man.
    How about you stop posting like you did on SHC/FHC and start realizing I'm not defending mittens?

13. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    christ you are a bad poster

14. "It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane"
    R/P
    Power
    "There was also a idiot in that panel."

Irony is so sweet

R/P
    Power
    Was really looking to see if there was a better forum to reply and post, and let this die. Sadly, I did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Space cadet View Post
    Looking at the monthly stats from Dotlan Jita has more ships killed a month than any 00 sec system in the game
    EC-P8R had 2000 kills less than jita in the month.
    Fact is the residents of Jita see more explosions and violence than anyone else in the game.

Jita is not some leafy suburbia to be burnt down by some out of town mobsters. Its a cesspit full of scammers gankers and high sec greifers with little or nothing left to burn.

Um, that's ~165 jumps per kill in Jita. Compare that to EC-P8R and that's background noise. For every 12 jumps into EC-P8R someone loses a ship. For every 165 jumps into Jita, someone loses a ship.

Jita is some leafy suburbia. If you use the same statistics, that would require 4,800 kills a day in Jita, not 380.

My concern is (for the show) that if CCP screws up this Tornado Boomerang exploit fix, Goons won't be able to truly express their playstyle. Imagine getting GCC, docking your pod in 4-4, undocking in a new Tornado, and not being able to warp anywhere to shoot? Better fit autocannons on those things...

16. We're Only in It for the Money UnknownPoster's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Elektrea View Post

Even eve-radio had a "cut-off" strategy when they had that dude from Massively, and Mittens on. TGR isn't saying that they should have censored the stream, but theres a point in the presentation where things clearly hit a brick wall, at which point CCP should have pulled it off the live stream. What's done is done, and things are being done to reverse the effects the media is having on the games reputation.

17. Honey, Don't You Want a Man Like Me Carlton Banks's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying attention. What did he say/is this April Fools/should I care/etc?

18. "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton Banks View Post
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying attention. What did he say/is this April Fools/should I care/etc?
    In answer to your questions, 1) Suggested on the Alliance Panel that everyone should mail a guy who got ganked by Goons and said he was suicidal, and gave his character name. 2) No. 3) Up to you, but probably not

19. The Theory and Practice of Time Travel Kitty Vintner's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    tl;dr it's lonely at the top and whatever you do

you always gotta watch motherfuckers around you

20. Promiscuous
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Combat Scrub View Post
    My concern is (for the show) that if CCP screws up this Tornado Boomerang exploit fix, Goons won't be able to truly express their playstyle. Imagine getting GCC, docking your pod in 4-4, undocking in a new Tornado, and not being able to warp anywhere to shoot? Better fit autocannons on those things...
    So you get a 15 min time-out to post madly and shit up local. What self-respecting goon would call that a bad thing? Surely they can take turns killing stuff on the Perimeter gate.

21. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?
    R/P
    Power
    The point is that their fix for an exploit will have "unintended" consequences for ganking in general.

22. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    ITT: people that don't understand suicide ganking techniques as employed by Goonswarm Federation in highsec.

R/P
    Power
    There are a number of people who are all too happy to disagree with Mittens on any number of things (fuck you dad!) and yet who still think you're dumber than a mouth-breathing sack of idiot beans. Don't kid yourself about the all-persuasiveness of your arguments here.

24. Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night Viribus's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Mittani could you confirm/deny that this is an RL picture of you?

25. How to Build a Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later El Space Mariachi's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Viribus View Post
    Mittani could you confirm/deny that this is an RL picture of you?
    I reckon Mittens is more a Metallica kind of guy

26. Super Moderator ihaveahelmet's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Peyote View Post
    I reckon Mittens is more a Metallica kind of guy
    Lars Ulrich is a cocksucking niggerjew, i'd rather mittens be a megadeth kind of guy

Richter_Belmont: under Article 14, section 88, paragraph 420 of the B0Tl0rd Accord, it says "you're gay LOL pwned"

27. How to Build a Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later El Space Mariachi's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by ihaveahelmet View Post
    Lars Ulrich is a cocksucking niggerjew, i'd rather mittens be a megadeth kind of guy
    Dave Mustaine is a cocksucking niggerjew too, let's not forget

28. The Ethics of Madness Iratus's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Therefore, Anthrax is the way to go.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hChYV.png[/IMG]

"Every rifter counts friend" - VR

29. How to Build a Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later El Space Mariachi's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Iratus View Post
    Scott Ian's married to Meatloaf's daughter

R/P
    Power
    Scott Ian is a shithead too btw.

I went to a Megadeth show last month and he stood there and talked about how great Rick Santorum was.

31. How to Build a Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later El Space Mariachi's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Well I never really liked Slayer so I don't see what choice we have

32. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Opti's Avatar
    R/P
    Power

33. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by T'Renn View Post
    Scott Ian is a shithead too btw.

I went to a Megadeth show last month and he stood there and talked about how great Rick Santorum was.
    If only our glorious chairman had said Scott Ian instead of WiS.........

(or whatever the kids name was, some details have escaped me in all the hoopla).

34. The Mote in God's Eye HeliconOne's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Metal is shit and you are all retarded.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by HeliconOne View Post
    Metal is shit
    This is false.

Quote Originally Posted by HeliconOne View Post
    and you are all retarded.
    This is true.

36. Shoot blues, Tell Vile Rat. Vile rat's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by somedumbfag
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Mittani, would you have issued a public apology if if this didn't turn into a shit storm?

Do you think CCP would have shit canned Mittani off the CSM if the incident didn't turn into a shit storm?

Bad week for CFC. lol
    (Actually it's been pretty good!)
    lmfao at mittens being upset that his real name is associated with the phrase 'cyber bully' when in fact, it was him, on a live feed, in real life, encouraging players to find and harrass a specific player into killing himself in real life.

:facepalm:

Mittens prefers the term 'retired' instead of 'unemployed'. Even though both mean you currently are not working, one sounds better than the other doesn't it?

I didn't name any names but what bad poster seems to be stalking Mittani on here?

R/P
    Power
    did he get banned on fhc or something, the fuck is he doing here anyway
    [twitter]themittani[/twitter]

38. Adjustment Team
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mittani View Post
    did he get banned on fhc or something, the fuck is he doing here anyway
    Yes for a time, and he's started posting shit again. Please take him.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa View Post
    Yes for a time, and he's started posting shit again. Please take him.
    We don't want him, even if he did follow us home.

R/P
    Power
    banned, came back with a sockpuppet, unbanned then started posting here
    Mfume Apocal - Origin. - Black Legion.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Peyote View Post
    Dave Mustaine is a cocksucking niggerjew too, let's not forget
    He didn't kill Napster to promote a shitty album though

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Berious View Post
    He didn't kill Napster to promote a shitty album though
    And he didn't ruin literally every song after that by choosing an absolutely shitty set of drums to "tighten up the sound".

43. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    What's funny is that I have a tendency to get into bands just as they're becoming total shit. I went through my Metallica phase a few months before St. Anger, and I realize that Load/Reload were pretty fucking shitty albums, but there were some metal ballads that are entirely underrated in the Metallica catalog today. St. Anger had nothing of value. Oh and I bought that fucking terrible documentary they did about how rich and pissed off at nothing they are.

Dave Mustaine was a raging alcoholic before Metallica thought it was cool, so there's that.

44. This is harsh. Evaluate me Gnome's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Iratus View Post
    This man has the clue!

45. The Empire never ended July's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Have you guys noticed how many popular metal singers called Matt there are?

Matt Heafy - Trivium
    Matt Tuck - Bullet? for My Valentine
    Matt "M. Shadows" Sanders - Avenged Sevenfold
    [URL="http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=12609601"][ 2012.03.02 08:32:51 ] Kurth Ren > whereas love squad avoids any engagement that is not a onesided curbstomp[/URL]
    [URL="http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=11888507"][ 2012.03.02 08:34:08 ] Kurth Ren > but you are literally arguing with the inventor of broski, you aren't going to win a debate about broski history with me[/URL]
    [URL="http://unidan.net/killboard/?a=kill_related&kll_id=1876"][ 2012.03.02 08:40:48 ] Kurth Ren > it's filled with bitter faggots who would rather be slaves to finns and run at the first sign of a fight then go on ops[/URL]

46. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex ente's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    And all 3 of them are total and utter shit.

47. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee? Czeris's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I actually deleted any Megadeth I could find after that cockfag's spewing about Rick Santorum and how Obama is probably not an American. Oh, but he's a musician. Well then shut the fuck up and play some music and leave the thinking to people that haven't fried their brains with 30 years of drugs.

Then I listened to some Sepultura and all was right again.

R/P
    Power
    Bon Scott R.I.P.

49. How to Build a Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later El Space Mariachi's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by July View Post
    Have you guys noticed how many popular metal singers called Matt there are?

Matt Heafy - Trivium
    Matt Tuck - Bullet? for My Valentine
    Matt "M. Shadows" Sanders - Avenged Sevenfold
    Naming your child Matt clearly leads to excessive angst in their teen years

50. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?
    R/P
    Power
    And no-one mentioned Danny Lilker and Nuclear Assault.

There's a reason for that probably.