CEX.io
Page 10 of 74 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

0.0 Politics Discussion

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Opti View Post
    NC (it will be like MM + some other alliances who are bored) has less skill at attacking people than IT does, it will be hilariously bad
    Looks like the drone regions are to be targeted.

As the last major assault my alliance participated in (CVA's ill fated assault on catch) resulted in our home region being burned to the ground in revenge. A total, humiliating, failure would actually be a step up for us...

2. The Alien Mind
    R/P
    Power
    Is this going to be another thing like IRC, where they go in, break stuff and leave, or are they trying to Kill RUS forever?

3. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Holdem's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Opti View Post
    NC (it will be like MM + some other alliances who are bored) has less skill at attacking people than IT does, it will be hilariously bad
    This should prove v. interesting. I know a lot of people in NC have been wanting to fight the drone russians in their home space for quite a while. The drone Russians were very very good at AoE doomsdays, just like PL. We will see how they will fare against the NC without being able to thin out their numbers by setting off gridwide smartbombs. Also, the NC now has Rebellion on their side (right?) and on the frontline, who are probably pound for pound some of the best pvp'ers in their block and can field a scary enough number of Artybaddons.

For people that think that the drone block has a lot of numbers too; think again. The NC has pets that maybe suck at small/medium scale pvp, but they can most certainly align and shoot, The drone russians have a core of very good pvp'ers in SOLAR/xxDeathxx, but farmer pets that will fit cap rechargers to keep their active tank perma running and lock up the purple names on their overview because they look shiny.

4. The church of Batman the redeemer needs you
    R/P
    Power
    The gray eminences of ME had a meeting on TS today to hold hands and sing 'Kumbaya'. There was lots of hugging, crying and talking about our feelings. Rebnott and Tholak got me drunk and talked me into agreeing to give up my bittervet status. I'm now Tekai's second in command.

We now begin the adventure of love and healing.

In other news, ICE was reset today. I've been seeing them a lot when I roam Providence; good luck, guys.

5. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    http://evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/Insur...ribe/alliances

Malaclypse calls 911 EMERGENCY and 555-CIPPA-ALERT!
    Monkeys killing monkeys killing monkeys over places of the ground.
    Silly monkeys, give them thumbs, they make a club and beat their brothers down.

The universe is hostile, so impersonal: Devour to survive - So it is, so it's always been!

6. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation captainktainer's Avatar
    The Strangest of Energies amongst Gentlemen
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaclypse View Post
    http://evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/Insur...ribe/alliances

Malaclypse calls 911 EMERGENCY and 555-CIPPA-ALERT!
    WHAT THE EVER LOVING FUCK

WHO THE FUCK COULD POSSIBLY BE THAT STUPID JESUS CHRIST I WAS ABOUT TO FALL ASLEEP AND THAT'S FUCKING HARD FOR AN INSOMNIAC GAAHHHH

7. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Quesa's Avatar
    Taking wagers on Soho's return to custody.
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Razor in need of members?

8. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Quesa View Post
    Razor in need of members?
    Even if, this wouldn't be a vialbe excuse to allow Laim in, would it.

The universe is hostile, so impersonal: Devour to survive - So it is, so it's always been!

9. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    liam fremen is a huge Molle bootlicker Razor is asking to get backstabbed

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Hahahahahahahaha

Jesus christ razor is more desperate than I thought.

11. Banned
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    wtf is this shit, when is 54th getting into razor then SKYMARSHALL?

12. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    LOL Someone clicked the "Accept app" button by accident instead of the "Send a derisive rejection letter" one?

13. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation captainktainer's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    First of all, I want to apologize to everyone. I had a week full of sickness and being dead, so this update is going to be fucking long. Sorry. This week my schedule is pretty open, so I may be able to do a midweek update to help relieve some of the wall-of-texting. Also, fuck me; I forgot to post shit on sov stuff, so if you're reading this, you'll want to reread it for sov stuff if that interests you.

Branch/Tenal

Some fucking moron in RAZOR Alliance let Liam Fremen's corp, Insurgent New Eden Tribe [I.NET] into the alliance. The alliance gained 200 members at the price of everyone calling them fucking morons - which may be a trade they figure is worth making. In fairness, most of the criticism of Liam Fremen is based on a) rampant dumbfuckery, which every EVE player is prone to from time to time, and b) his leadership style in Sys-K, which would probably not be an issue in RAZOR unless they act dumb and give him an important role in the alliance. For that matter, generally good judges of character here on Kugutsumen suggest that he has chilled out significantly since he drove himself literally near death from running his last alliance, so he may be improved. Still...

A guy in Wildly Inappropriate. left his carriers at the JB POS in 4DTQ-K in Branch. Tomcat got pissed at him and ordered his carriers killed; he didn't authorize the alliance to pod the guy, so he's willing to pay for modules and implants. The guy is a paramedic IRL and claims he fucked up when he got called in to deal with a cardiac arrest. Maybe I just don't get Serious Internet Spaceships, but that seems like a really fucked up, dick thing to do to a member.

Catch/Feythabolis/Tenerifis/Impass

Immensea split out this week for ease of reading.

Against ALL Authorities no longer holds any outposts, and no longer appears on the Verite Rendition influence map. The last -A- station to fall was the one in V2-V, which was also the first outpost -A- conquered (according to renowned -A- shitposter Ymir, who is probably Sith8).

The only current flashpoint is XWY-YM in Impass, held by Stain Empire's Xenobytes corp. Xenobytes is a former -A- corp. Fighting has been pretty fierce, with roughly evenly matched fleets duking it out.

Impass continues to get divided between Circle-of-Two, Comrades-of-Two, and Ethereal Dawn. ED is getting some seriously shit space by the looks of it.

The Chamber of Commerce may be about to buy itself a Congress in real life, but it lost the last of its assets in M-9V5D in Impass.

The Initiative. is not happy about Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate claiming systems in Catch without permission; given that they weren't even blue in the first place, it looks like a diplomacy failure on the part of IAC. On the bright side, IAC did pick up a 100 member or so corp from AAA Citizens, Bregan Dearthe, so that's nice.

German alliance Negotium Alliance, which holds a system in Tenerifis, picked up similarly German corp Suicidal Trainingscamp.

Other German alliance Die BierBrauer has gained the CL-QB2 constellation in Tenerifis. They're pretty small, but already control 9 systems.

Mass - Effect, previously Scalding Pass residents, are also being shoved into Tenerifis.

Echoes of Nowhere, an alliance I had never heard of before, has gained two systems in the G3IP-E constellation in Tenerifis. They appear to be an alliance dominated by Sense of Serendipity, which is a wormhole and exploration corp.

Deklein/Fade

I present this for all my goon friends. I think it pretty accurately describes Deklein right now.

OWN Alliance has contested the still-evolving audit of their finances. OWN leadership has just declared that they will not participate in any Deklein Coalition ops until goons and TESTies stop being meanies, and will instead go on NC ops. As they are only permitted to hold space in Deklein so long as they assist the primary sovholder, I think anyone who isn't fucking retarded (i.e. everyone but OWN leadership) can expect that they will be evicted or threated with eviction. As an additional example of the outright stupidity of OWN leadership, Proclus Diadochu, esteemed OWN Alliance political interpreter dude, is convinced that The Mittani and SirMolle are collaborating to hand over the northwest to SirMolle, because some fucking Greek -excuse me, Geek - general pulled some stunt 2500 years ago.

As the audit has made the true state of OWN finances more clear, and as the stupidity of OWN leadership has become more apparent, they have rapidly lost about a third of their members. Since October 12th, they have lost Immortal Shadow Seekers [ISHDW] (19 members), Universal Independence [NAVIE] (55 members), Ixion Defence Systems [IS] (75 members), The.Usual.Suspects [OMGOD] (61 members), Martyr's Vengeance [.MV.] (61 members), and The Darkness Falls [THEDF] (60 members), all to TEST Alliance Please Ignore (with the one exception of The Darkness Falls, who had left DEM0N HUNTERS to join OWN a few days ago, so their future trajectory is unknown). TEST now has nearly 2800 members with the additional acquisition of Autistic Sharks; it is now the 6th most populous alliance in EVE, barely behind Wildly Inappropriate..

Goonswarm Federation gained and lost ex-TCF corp Nemesis.; the corp left TCF on the 13th, joined CONDI on the 15th, and left again on the 16th. No word on reasons why. Incidentally, if I read the pronouns in one of the last GSF updates right, at least one member of GSF leadership has an honest-to-God vagina, which seems impossible because not only are there no girls on the internet, there are definitely no girls who paid :tenbux:. I may be full of shit about this, of course.

Intaki Armaments, previously known for being in Avarice., High Treason Alliance, and Honourable Templum of Alcedonia, have joined Tactical Narcotics Team.

Delve/Querious/Fountain/Period Basis

SirMolle has declared an end to Catch operations, and has promised a new op in a little under two weeks. He claims there are 160 supercarriers in the alliance, but that only about 60 of them showed up in Catch.

Quarantine Zone [ZOMBI] has mostly fallen apart. Three corps - Federal Organization for Outerspace Freedom, New Eclipse, and Cartoon Lab Federation - joined new corp The Cardsharks in forming a new alliance, No use for a brain [GUT5]. The Cardsharks appears to be the altcorp (or main corp) of French-speaking corp Cardshark Influence, current executor of Quarantine Zone. The membership total of The Cardsharks matches almost exactly the recent population loss in Cardshark Influence.

I believe I'd mentioned that space-girls Nulli Secunda had a corp called Liquid Inc. in the alliance, and that this might bring The Hatchery from Team Liquid into the fold. Well, apparently Liquid Inc. got tirehttp://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread.php?6611-0.0-Politics-Discussion/page24d of being the only ones with testosterone in an estrogen-centric alliance, and decided to GTFO. No word on where they're all going now.

Ex-Atlas corps a Task Force Zener and The All-Seeing Eye, after merely a month in Blade., decided they had enough of this shit and left. Curiously, as Blade.'s numbers continue to fall (down to two-thirds of what they were in September), the volume of just terrible shitposting has increased from Blade. members on SHC and CAOD. It would be annoying if it weren't for the fact that they're about to collapse under their own weight and that of NC., which then makes their bravado hilarious. Anyway, given that The All-Seeing Eye is Hungarian, perhaps they will join HUN Reloaded.

B4D W0LF [B4DWO] left Legiunea ROmana. Interestingly, they used to be M.U.T.I.N.Y. [U-MAD], and on the same day B4DWO left LR, three other corps left U-MAD. Is a new alliance in the works? A rebirth of an old one? Coincidence? I dunno, but let speculation abound!

IT continues to slowly abandon or lose space in Fountain and Querious, giving up 5 systems in Fountain since the last reporting period. Only one, Y-1W01, has been picked up by an IT ally, Talos Coalition. Most of the Centaur constellation, which borders Cloud Ring, is now abandoned.

Russian-speaking alliance Starwar Legioners. has taken advantage of IT's lax sov policy and taken some sov in K-Z0V4 in Querious. The system has lain fallow since GoonSwarm lost it.

Drone regions/Eastern renter ghetto

NC is invading Drone space for the hell of it. They seem to be basing out of Odebeinn in Metropolis. Brick Squad has already managed to lose a Di-Tron Heavy Industries Nyx, so it's going swimmingly!

Guards of Red Army decided to sign up with the Mensheviks instead, joining White Angels. after a time in Shadows of xEATHXx.

Bloodbound picked up sov in BM-VYZ in The Kalevala Expanse. It's such a shitty system that it hasn't been sovved since last year, and nobody's been shooting any of the delicious drone rats in the system.

Light Style, which was in U N K N O W N alliance, joined up with LEM Alliance. They only have about 50 members and given their very rapid downward trajectory, I doubt they'll be providing any significant assistance to the alliance.

German-speaking corp X-Ray Industries left non-sov-holding alliance The Artificial Intelligence and joined United Pod Service, which appears (?) to be somewhat German. -UPS- holds sov mostly in Insmother.

The Last Brigade has been purged from Scalding Pass; J2-PZ6 is back in the hands of Red Alliance and is ready to be sold to someone. The Last Brigade may have difficulties running Empire logistics to their remaining space in Wicked Creek.

Black Hawk., the itty-bitty alliance that tried to take some sov in Wicked Creek's system of UZ-QXW, lost it.

Intergalactic Exports Group lost its ninja sov in Tenerifis, but gained another system in Detorid.

Geminate/Vale of the Silent

I mentioned last time that Violent Entity would be getting space in the ZYL-FT constellation in Geminate to allow for increased growth in the alliance, which rents from Majesta Empire. Well, they did; Majesta dropped sov there and -VE- is gaining the space.

Immensea

The Ankou finally left Systematic-Chaos and joined Initiative Mercenaries, which has doubled in size over the last month.

Cha0s Theory gained G-I162 from Initiative Mercenaries, who abandoned the system about two weeks ago. No moons, but it's not entirely shit - it's got decent but not great security status.

Providence

Damu'Khonde is mostly evacced from Providence. Their ancestral home of 9UY4-H is now in Chribba's hands. In theory, it should be operated as a freeport; in practice, the connections to Empire are going to be camped to hell and back. Imperial 0rder and Flying Dangerous are getting most of the balance of the systems.

Flying Dangerous now holds systems in the 04-H4M and ZQ2-ZF constellations in Providence; looking at the map, the space is nowhere near contiguous, so I'm a little curious how they expect to run logistics in a cost-effective manner when the NIP is not being invoked and people can shoot haulers and crap.

Chaos Theory Alliance has lost about 100 members, or a third of their total, over the last month. They hold systems in constellations that Flying Dangerous wants, and they're not making use of their space enough to be able to pay their sov bills, so I wonder if they might not be up for a merger, since Providence isn't working out for them.

Shock an Awe fell apart, with all of their corps and sov moving to Dead Muppets... which is entirely composed of the corps that left. Wut? Why would you give up all of your upgrades and possibility of cynojammers and crap just to change names, when there's a hostile invasion force right on your doorsteps?

CVA is getting Noir. Mercenary Group space in Providence, as Noir. is really pissed off about their treatment at the hands of the NIP members (and may be failcascading - there are rumors to that effect, and the alliance lost Gemeinschaft interstellarer Soeldner today, a corp of 150 members). Oddly enough, Damu'Khonde members appear to be pretty okay with it - or perhaps not so oddly, as most of the out-of-character hatred seems to have come from Butter Dog and his merry band of shitposters in The Littlest Hobos, who are now getting space in Feythabolis. Anyway, now that CVA is back on the scene, Arkady Sadik posted an excellent rundown of the numbers available to CVA and what remains of the NIP.

Oh, for anyone who didn't know, Lucky Starbase Syndicate is apparently Noir.'s renter alliance. No word on what's happening to TXJ-11, the renter alliance's lone system in Providence.

Asset Liberation Front may have fallen apart, but Dara Cothrom got their station in QBL-BV. I have no idea how Dara Cothrom is paying the bills with only about 280 pilots (including DACO Inc.) and very little economic activity in their space.

Nihilists Social Club, which seems to be a CVA ally, took 7-YWVS. The station sov is held by a Noir holding corp. Nihilists Social Club includes the corp Core Impulse, which is ex-PuPPet MasTers.

Pure Blind/Cloud Ring

Fatal Ascension, in addition to finally showing up on the influence map, is also the proud owner of two new corps - Immortalis Tractus Pervasor [IMTP], which has never been in an alliance before, and Universal Fleet Operations, which has been rapidly shrinking, even before its recent departure from Veneratio Venator Alliance.

Dead Terrorists lost sov in worthless system B-DBY6 in Cloud Ring; Ev0ke welped and recovered sov in 5S-KNL, notable only for containing a tech moon that can no longer be protected by a cynojammer. TNT had tried to claim sov, but the TCU was killed by Ev0ke before it could properly online.

Stain/Esoteria/Paragon Soul

Stain Empire seems to be reclaiming some sov from its renters, as Stainless. lost sov in R-FM0G, and Stain Empire took the outpost in 111-F1

Empire bullshit

Celestial Horizon Corp. joined Fallen Angels Alliance, which is pretty much just a defunct alliance made up of a bunch of itty-bitty dead corps.

Imperial Tau Syndicate, Queens of the Stone Age, and Black Mesa left Warped Aggression after a month or two of membership. Warped Aggression picked up, in turn, Caldari Deep Space Ventures from Reckoning. . Caldari Deep Space Ventures used to be in Arcane Alliance, if you remember them.

Speaking of former Arcane Alliance members, Comrades in Construction left Retribution. after a few months of membership. The corp was also in Primary. and Honourable Templum of Alcedonia.

Green Alliance's alliance fees were not paid, so the alliance has completely fallen apart.

The Blood Dragon Alliance, which has been steadily bleeding corps over the last month, lost I Killed Kenny [IKK]. I look forward to Goonswarm wardeccing them for stealing their victories by means of the corp name.

Blue Meanies must have lived up to their name, because Killer Carebears took their ball and went home, leaving the alliance.

All of the corps in Grenouilles Volantes, all previously in TCF, have left. Supremacy Inc and ICE is Coming to EVE joined Not Found. [404] with Ad Astra., an ex-Atlas corp with no previous alliance connections to the corp.

The Big E, whose members cannot remember that "which" has two "h" letters in it, left United Technology Consortium.

Fleet of Doom, which used to be in The Kadeshi, left Phoenix Virtue.

Underworld Protection Agency, which was in Imperial 0rder until the start of this month, joined Violent Intent.

Valhalla Naval Corp, which has never really impacted anything, left IMPERIAL LEGI0N, which has impacted EVE by having a bad name.

Primary. is done. First Flying Wing Inc and Pilipino Corp left, ending any hopes of the alliance rejuvenating.

GZS-R Minmatar Fleet, previously known for betraying the United States of America. to the alien invaders of The ENTITY., has abandoned or been removed from the warm, vaguely uterine clutches of their evil hivemind masters. Sadly, the corp's rapid and violent explosion outward from the alien mass has not put an end to the threat of The ENTITY., as the chittering, insane voice from the beyond still boasts 259 members.

Outposts

Majesta Empire built an outpost in 05R-7A, in the BUG6-X constellation of Vale of the Silent. That's a fairly built-up constellation with a lot of ratting activity, not too far away from The Forge.

SpaceMonkey's Alliance built a factory outpost in UC3H-Y, in the K-QUVW constellation. It's the first outpost in the constellation, and is the alliance's first outpost. The system is well-used, so it makes sense.

That's all for now. I'm fucking cold and I need to do laundry, so I'll catch you all soonish. Please post if you have additional information or if I fucked something up; I do this for the conversations!

R/P
    Power
    Always a pleasure to read your updates, keep up the good work. Anyone who doesn't +rep that post is literally Hitler.

Incidentally, if I read the pronouns in one of the last GSF updates right, at least one member of GSF leadership has an honest-to-God vagina, which seems impossible because not only are there no girls on the internet, there are definitely no girls who paid :tenbux:. I may be full of shit about this, of course.
    Sky Marshall Rydis, I know that there are no girls on the internet, but this one actually has the most feminine voice and sure as hell plays the part really well.

15. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Carebears View Post
    Incidentally, if I read the pronouns in one of the last GSF updates right, at least one member of GSF leadership has an honest-to-God vagina, which seems impossible because not only are there no girls on the internet, there are definitely no girls who paid :tenbux:. I may be full of shit about this, of course.
    Sky Marshall Rydis, I know that there are no girls on the internet, but this one actually has the most feminine voice and sure as hell plays the part really well.
    Also she's CEO of Amok .(former founding corp of lolMinor Threat), which means she's not part of the :10bux: club; I think in times of GoonSwarm those folks were called pubbies.

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    The Pubbie Queen sounds like a sweet new corp title

17. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Holdem's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Keep up the updates!
    Some constructive feedback: It might be worthwile to focus a bit more on the political ongoings than all the corp names you ram into your updates.

Cheers!

I am interested to see what will happen in providence. It has been such a complete pile of shit since CVA got kicked out.... Looks like there are opportunities for CVA to be seized now

18. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation captainktainer's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdem View Post
    Keep up the updates!
    Some constructive feedback: It might be worthwile to focus a bit more on the political ongoings than all the corp names you ram into your updates.

Cheers!

I am interested to see what will happen in providence. It has been such a complete pile of shit since CVA got kicked out.... Looks like there are opportunities for CVA to be seized now
    One of the initial motivations for starting to do this was covering all the random little shit that most people think doesn't matter. There's no way that Quarantine Zone, for instance, is going to get its own thread on Kugutsumen or SHC or (probably) Eve-News, but I can include something about them here. By talking about what's going on at the micro level, I hope that I can reveal hints of things that might one day lead to "serious" EVE political ramifications. We have currently something like 24 pseudo-active threads about the big players; here I can give the little guys some exposure. With luck, a member of one of the corps I mention will be motivated to register and post and maybe offer a little bit of information that moves the corp beyond a name and an alliance history to a group of political actors trying to accomplish certain goals.

One other thing is that I maintain a close to hard-and-fast rule about what corps I will mention: if you don't have at least 50 members in corp (excluding sov/station transfer corps), I figure you're exceedingly unlikely to make an impact on EVE. That helps cut down on the noise some. However, there are still something like 40,000 people playing EVE, all trying to carve out their little empires, and I think it's worthwhile to honor and/or mock them appropriately when something "big" like a change in affiliation or acquisition (or loss) of territory happens.

Finally, I'm not qualified to do more than talk in generalities about any big political movements. I haven't played EVE in a while, and currently can't play as either there's something fucked up with my desktop or my wireless dongle is bad. I'm not an important internet spaceships person, I have absolutely no hidden sources (save for the one guy who let me know what was up with Violent Entity) and I'm kind of easily trolled, so talking about stuff that matters is liable to cause serious trouble.

I hope that clarified a little more about where I'm coming from, and what I'm hoping to do with these infrequent updates. As I learn more, hear more, and read more, the format may well change; with expertise will come more usefulness. Right now, though, I'm pretty much just starting out and relearning the politics and patterns of this game.

19. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Quesa's Avatar
    Taking wagers on Soho's return to custody.
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by captainktainer View Post
    Maybe I just don't get Serious Internet Spaceships, but that seems like a really fucked up, dick thing to do to a member.
    Pretty much.

20. At the office, getting paid to be on here (unofficially) Jacabon Mere's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    One of the initial motivations for starting to do this was covering all the random little shit that most people think doesn't matter. There's no way that Quarantine Zone, for instance, is going to get its own thread on Kugutsumen or SHC or (probably) Eve-News, but I can include something about them here. By talking about what's going on at the micro level, I hope that I can reveal hints of things that might one day lead to "serious" EVE political ramifications. We have currently something like 24 pseudo-active threads about the big players; here I can give the little guys some exposure. With luck, a member of one of the corps I mention will be motivated to register and post and maybe offer a little bit of information that moves the corp beyond a name and an alliance history to a group of political actors trying to accomplish certain goals.
    yes keep it up. I know people in a lot of these smaller alliances and its nice to get an update. Stupid government blocking dotlan at work.

21. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Arrador's Avatar
    Perrigrin, tenerifis, immensea, fucked if I know
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Carebears View Post
    You should meet my ceo. Or once was ceo (long live the 54th).
    [Arrador] possesses a considerable understanding of ship configurations, strengths and weakness. He gives clear and purposeful instructions, is good at taking advantage of the fleet-composition he's dealt, and never loses sight of the main goal: fun. This, paired with an excellent tolerance for strong drink gives him an almost Churchillian capability to win, despite being completely pissed on booze most of the fleet operation.

22. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation captainktainer's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I want whoever +repped me with "beep beep i"m a truck" to know that I quite literally laughed out loud, and it made my day. So thank you.

23. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrador View Post
    You should meet my ceo. Or once was ceo (long live the 54th).
    So, can we have a Mara vs. Gho vs. Rydis mud catching video pl0x then? OTOH, voices can be tricky, so far only Gho is set.

24. The Fourth Profession Tyrael's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to captainktainer again.

25. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Arrador's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I want whoever +repped me with "beep beep i"m a truck" to know that I quite literally laughed out loud, and it made my day. So thank you.
    You can thank me fine sir. I was drunk at the time, and still am.
    [Arrador] possesses a considerable understanding of ship configurations, strengths and weakness. He gives clear and purposeful instructions, is good at taking advantage of the fleet-composition he's dealt, and never loses sight of the main goal: fun. This, paired with an excellent tolerance for strong drink gives him an almost Churchillian capability to win, despite being completely pissed on booze most of the fleet operation.

26. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Arrador's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    So, can we have a Mara vs. Gho vs. Rydis mud catching video pl0x then? OTOH, voices can be tricky, so far only Gho is set.
    I've seen pics. Mara is set.

27. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrador View Post
    I've seen pics. Mara is set.
    Do share (didn't we used to have a Foreplay thread for this?!)

28. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Wusti's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to captainktainer again.
    PS: I'm not a truck.

29. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Wusti View Post
    PS: I'm not a truck.
    Liar!

30. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Arrador's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Do share (didn't we used to have a Foreplay thread for this?!)
    A gentleman never kisses and tells.

31. "It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane"
    R/P
    Power
    About Quarantine Zone (from Eve Mondes Persistants, a french forum on Eve) :

Puisque c'est effectif depuis cette nuit, j'imagine que je peux annoncer la nouvelle, les pilotes actifs de Cardshark Influence sont transférés dans la corporation The Cardsharks [TR1CK], les franco actifs de l'alliance Quarantine Zone sont transférés dans No Use For A Brain [GUT5].
    Elle comprendra pour le moment The Cardsharks, New Eclipse [NWECL], Federal Organisation of j'ai un nom trop long (^^) [FOOF], et Cartoon Lab Federation [TOON].
    Le dégraissage était devenu nécessaire, ça va faire du bien l'objectif est de reprendre le niveau de jeu qu'on avait sur les saisons précédentes et qu'on un peu oublié sur la saison 2009-2010. Parce-que, je vous prie de le croire, on envoyait quand même du paté...
    Je vous ferai un post en section corpos et commerce pour The Cardsharks, et en section vie des alliance pour No use For A Brain, soon™ (parce que là j'ai pas trop le temps). Si vous avez des questions qui urgent vous pouvez toujours me convo ingame ou passer sur mon channel pour voir si j'ai un alt ingame.
    What does it say ?
    - Active cardshark influence have gone to The Cardsharks.
    - Active members of Quarantine Zone have been transfered to No Use For A Brain (members are : The Cardsharks, New Eclipse [NWECL], Federal Organisation of {too long name} [FOOF], and Cartoon Lab Federation [TOON])

It's to shake some mass off, in order to as effective as before 2009 / 2010 (so before the creation of Quarantine Zone, if I understand correctly).

More info coming soon, with a presentation of this alliance.

About Not Found. (same source as before, with some intuition) :

They seems to be a result of a tentative to restore unity in french spaceship community after the fall of TCF. They are going to fly with Cursed (it seems from first battlereports), in order to stir up things in Providence without long term consideration (no *major player*)

No idea where this will go, but beware of frenchies fleet in Providence now

About Echoes of nowhere :

Nothing much, they are another french entity. They are indeed based around Sense of Serendipity (former wormhole corp).

32. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. jimmychrist's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I believe I'd mentioned that space-girls Nulli Secunda had a corp called Liquid Inc. in the alliance, and that this might bring The Hatchery from Team Liquid into the fold. Well, apparently Liquid Inc. got tired of being the only ones with testosterone in an estrogen-centric alliance, and decided to GTFO. No word on where they're all going now.
    Liquids activity as of late is non-existent, with membership falling. Probably only their inactives and alts left now.

R/P
    Power
    Also she's CEO of Amok .(former founding corp of lolMinor Threat), which means she's not part of the :10bux: club; I think in times of GoonSwarm those folks were called pubbies.
    She's not part of the sacred brother/sisterhood of :10bux: get your pitchforks it's witch burning time!

34. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmychrist View Post
    Liquids activity as of late is non-existent, with membership falling. Probably only their inactives and alts left now.
    starcraft 2 owns and eve is garbage so i don't blame them

R/P
    Power
    Hydrosandy can take all of them

36. The Fourth Profession Tyrael's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Someone bring out the pic of Molle's bbq sauced finger?

37. I have galactorrhea :(
    R/P
    Power
    Thanks captainktainer, it all makes sense now.

R/P
    Power
    I hear that TCF is closing down and that at least on of the corps, Kernel of War, is joining GSF.

Since TCF gave Goons Deklein it only seems fair that they return the favour by providing as many former TCF corps as possible with space of their own. I wonder if GSF can find a few system/moons that are currently not being utilized to their maximum potential...?

39. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation captainktainer's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Research is mostly done for a midweek update, but unless I have a very severe case of insomnia there will be no update tonight. One of my roommates/oldest friends attempted suicide while I was at work today, so things are understandably in an uproar. If you don't hear from me tonight, expect an update Saturday or Sunday.

I know these things aren't that useful when they come less often than about twice a week, but shit's kind of fucked up right now.

40. The Theory and Practice of Time Travel CCP Nozh's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    sorry to hear. I hope you get that sorted out... updates can wait

good luck

41. The Fourth Profession Tyrael's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Dude tell him to get out of the Hulk and into the a rifter for the 54th for fucks sake

42. Leader of the Scandinavy Securitas's Avatar
    Oh trust me, I am more than special. I'm swedish!
    R/P
    Power
    Looks like BUFU left IT, the first major corp ever to do so. Any reasoning?

43. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation captainktainer's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Securitas View Post
    Looks like BUFU left IT, the first major corp ever to do so. Any reasoning?
    Not that I've heard, but I'll speculate that it may be related to Di-Tron Heavy Industries leaving Brick Squad.

Also, update in progress. I'm devoting the afternoon to it, and so much has happened this week that it will take the entirety of the afternoon.

44. At the office, getting paid to be on here (unofficially) Jacabon Mere's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Not that I've heard, but I'll speculate that it may be related to Di-Tron Heavy Industries leaving Brick Squad.

Also, update in progress. I'm devoting the afternoon to it, and so much has happened this week that it will take the entirety of the afternoon.
    Well di-tron just joined initiative mercs.

45. "It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane"
    R/P
    Power
    http://kb.bu-fu.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=53026
    They where flying with pink bunnies recently .Its kinda strange becouse i thought that they hate each other.
    Both corps are c0ven founders back in 2007 or 2006.

46. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation captainktainer's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    So, Crazy McSuicidalBitchPants is safely in the psych ward, I'm doing better, and now that I have to get up at 8:00 in the morning every day to qualify for an insomnia study (talk about putting the cart before the horse, I mean Jesus) I have more time available during the day. And one of the few nice things about letting things back up forever and a day is that you don't repeat efforts - a corp moves out and moves in. Done. Anyway, on with the show.

Branch/Tenal/Tribute

KIA Corporation [19.7], the remaining core of KIA, has now left RAZOR Alliance and has been drifting around for the last few days. They gained a Liam Fremen but lost a KIAEddz. Not sure it was an even trade. In the process, RAZOR lost a rather nice system, 2-ZRM0 in Tenal. There is a Dysprosium moon and a Thulium moon in the system, although the rats are Guristas.

Wizardhat alliance Veneratio Venator Alliance lost its small holdings in Tribute, as it has become painfully clear that the alliance cannot continue as a sovholder in the Northern Coalition with its loss of membership.

Catch/Tenerifis/Feythabolis/Impass/Immensea

IT transferred its Catch stations to The Initiative., which was the plan all along. The continuing good feelings between the two may portend the rise of a new, more competent Southern Coalition in the months ahead.

I'm usually not quite so childish, but Dead Terrorists and Circle-of-Two got pretty well fucking owned by a SE/C0VEN/Cascade Imminent/about 6 -A- guys/RED.Overlord fleet in AZN-D2. A CO2 titan and one from Dead Terrorists died, along with a few supercarriers (another one was killed not too long afterwards in a different battle). Manny's girlfriend dumped him or something so now he has time to play again, which is nice for the supercap producers of EVE. However, battles are on the micro level; on the macro level, the Stain coalition don't have the TZ coverage to reclaim sov, and now Sys-K is helping DT/CO2, improving that bloc's numbers. Still, Dead Terrorists is slowly bleeding members. Circle-of-Two is having no such difficulties; their habit of not spam-recruiting every terrible corp in existence, and making sure new corps fit within their culture, is working out pretty well for them.
    This guy http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread...l=1#post125524 claims Ushra'Khan will get some of The Initiative.'s space, with some areas being turned into freeports. He may be a shitposter and is 99.5% certainly trolling, but who knows - it's just strange enough to potentially be true.

RED.Overlord no longer holds stations in Feythabolis, and I'll henceforth be calling them Paragon Soul-based.

The Polaris Syndicate, a Finnish alliance that got most of Ushra'Khan's old space in Catch, transferred its stations to The Initiative. in an apparently peaceful process.

Echoes of Nowhere, the French alliance mentioned by Museum in his excellent post, now controls the G3IP-E constellation in Tenerifis. Not sure which of the three -A- space powers they're renting from.

I won't say much about Without Remorse., save that the alliance used to hold space in Insmother and lost it, and that they have some very... interesting corps. They also now hold a system in Feythabolis.

Tiny alliance Black Skull Legion., which is basically Legio Invicta, now controls two systems in Tenerifis.

Deklein/Fade

Amidst the ongoing collapse of OWN Alliance, GoonSwarm Federation, Test Alliance Please Ignore, and Wildly Inappropriate. now contain slightly more than 10,000 pilots; they are the second, fifth, and sixth largest alliances in EVE at this point. Assuming a cultural difference between the NC B-Team in Geminate/Vale of the Silent, the NC A-Team in Branch/Tenal, and the NC Short-bus crew in Pure Blind, the Deklein Coalition may well be said to be the largest bloc in the North.

Wildly Inappropriate grew by picking up mid-sized ex-Primary., ex-EoS, and ex-Sc0rched Earth corp ELICIT OPERATIONS INC. The corp doubled in size recently, so that might have something to do with it. WIDOT also picked up rapidly-dying corp Task Force Zener, who left Blade. about a week ago. However, at the same time ex-TNT corp Gravis Unbound decided they no longer liked redheads and proceeded to GTFO.

Varion Galactic said to OWN Alliance "your not a Varion" (whatever the hell that means) and proceeded to GTFO along with Caldari Independent Navy Reserve. Varion Galactic quickly realized that nobody was going to accept a corp whose diplo contact believed the "Geeks" defeated the Persians and that Sir Molle and The Mittani were best buds, and went right back to OWN.

Drone Regions/Russian renter hell

NC pushed hard into UDVW-O in The Kalevala Expanse, which has been taken by R.A.G.E and is provoking fights very regularly. Fights are intense, with battles being described as a) unusually fun and b) unusually even, although the NC generally has been holding the field and succeeding in strategic objectives. Russians apparently have fantastic bombers. There is a lot of subcap, logistic, and bombing action available in the fleets being mustered so far.

Deep Space Productions couldn't pay the rent, or didn't like Detorid, or something, and left Intergalactic Exports Group.

Well, 19th Star Logistics lasted all of 10 days in Bloodbound.

Klingon Killer Kommando, which is basically just ex-Primary. anarchist German corp Audentia et Artis, tried to ninja-claim sov in Scalding Pass, and was quickly rebuffed.

Zerg Collective Alliance, which doesn't have anywhere near the numbers necessary to lay claim to that title, briefly claimed a system in Scalding Pass. It didn't last.

NowWhat., which I'd mentioned before, continues to expand its holdings, taking two systems in Detorid.

I don't know who Solar Coalition are (although their one corp's description consists of nothing but SOLAR SOLAR SOLAR SOLAR repeated over and over), but they were booted from V-S9YY in Scalding Pass, which they had held for about two weeks.

Fountain/Outer Ring

Muppet Factory, who left QQ Connoiseur's a little over a week ago, has now joined NC., who could always use more members to kill BLAST and Blade..

Geminate/Vale of the Silent

Di-Tron Heavy Industries left Brick Squad due to not having fun or some such shit and is moving to Initiative Mercenaries. Bobby Atlas is no longer blue to Goons even by extension. Fear not for Brick Squad, however, as they recruited No Trademark from Phoenix Virtue. Do I remember right that NO TR was involved in a supercap gank relatively recently?

German corp Ancient Spirits, which used to be in En Garde. and Initiative Associates, has joined Cold Steel Alliance. Cold Steel was involved in some of the early sov pushes into Etherium Reach; I'm curious to see what their role will be going forward.

Valhalla Naval Corp, previously in IMPERIAL LEGI0N, has now joined DEM0N HUNTERS. They must really like lots of shouting and zeros scattered everywhere.

DEM0N HUNTERS has gone on quite the land grab lately, gaining space in both Geminate and Vale of the Silent.

Violent Entity lost Brigade of Guards and SCHWARZSCHILD., both of which are German corps. They were both in the alliance for about a month, so it's quite possible they couldn't afford the rent.

Controlled Chaos [WTF] is claiming its systems in Vale of the Silent, and I believe I've spotted them on killboards participating in Drone attacks/Geminate defense.

Period Basis/Delve/Querious

IT Alliance abruptly dropped below 6000 members after stabilizing its slow bleed with the loss of Beach Boys [BU FU]. Of all the corps that could have left, this is one of the more surprising departures - Beach Boys used to be one of those terrible BoB pets from back in the day. The departure so soon after Di-Tron makes me wonder if they're moving to The Initiative. too. However, Kittek up there informs us that they're flying with ex-C0VEN corp Pink Bunnies

Legiunea ROmana is pretty much dead, and the corps have almost all moved to Systematic-Chaos. The whole reforming thing has actually worked out for Sys-K, at least in terms of numbers. I know a lot of people doubted whether the alliance would survive in the wake of their battles with SE/C0VEN. I know I did.

Related to the LR saga, I'd mentioned that there had been a shakeup with M.U.T.I.N.Y. corps, with several of them leaving that alliance. Well, EVE Protection Agency left U-MAD, joined LR, and then left LR three days later. There's something going on here, alright. One of the U-MAD corps, Aus Mining Co, joined United Front Alliance.

Pilots of Honour, who have hopped around a lot recently, left the ladies of Nulli Secunda and have rejoined Aeternus., which absolutely blew my mind. Granted, they're the only non-executor corp in the alliance. But still.

Providence

CVA is settling into Providence, and has demonsrated a surprising amount of competence compared to where they were even a month ago. It isn't even necessarily due to them fighting less competent groups, as they've shown some surprising success against even Pandemic Legion. CVA now has four station systems in Providence and, for the first time in something like a year is showing up on the sov map again. They managed to steal N8-XAL from Flying Dangerous, which seems to be their first legitimate conquest rather than sov handover in the region in this particular offensive. They lost their Ihub in S9X, but sov wasn't lost so I guess the TCU is still intact.

Pandemic Legion sold their stations in Providence to Sodalitas XX. Sodalitas XX, in turn, transferred the FD-TOO system to Flying Dangerous; the handover is taking place as we speak.

The Investment Bankers Guild left Plutonix and joined Chaos Theory Alliance, boosting the ranks of the NIP.

The Kadeshi managed to keep CVA from claiming Noir.'s station system in 7YWV-S, claiming it for themselves.

Dead Muppets continues to solidify its hold on the 5-88B9 constellation, transferred to it by Damu'Khonde.

Fleet of Doom rejoined The Kadeshi. I think it might be time to look into what this alliance actually is, given that they're actively participating in Providence activities now. They seem to have a fairly long history.

Pure Blind/Cloud Ring

DucKtape Unlimited wants you to join its pubic (sic) channel. SpaceMonkey's Alliance got so excited by this that it blew its load and recruited the corp from Opprimo Vox.

Fatal Ascension has taken sov and the station in XZH-4X. WIDOT did the same in G8AD-C. Sev3rance took sov in 0-BDXB. Two out of the three outposts in Cloud Ring (all in the Prelle constellation) are now in NC hands.

Stain/Esoteria/Paragon Soul

First flying Wing Inc, previously in Primary. and The Spire Collective, has now boosted the numbers of ROMANIAN-LEGION. I guess they needed a greater TZ spread in the alliance.

Kurgan Military Institute left Stainless. and moved to White Angels., so Stain Empire had to take back 111-F1.

Ex-Reckoning. corp left R.OL. It was one of the few active corps left in the alliance, last I checked, and their presence will probably be missed. They took with them two systems in Paragon Soul and one in Feythabolis.

A new corp, The Game Is Over, joined R.OL. It's a one-man corp, the kind usually used for sov transfers; if systems get transferred to it, it's probably a sign that R.OL is giving up the ghost completely.

Frenchies

We had a poster, Museum, explain what was going on in the French community earlier in this thread (plusrep that shit, and read his post to figure out what was going on in Quarantine Zone), as there had been a shakeup. Grenouilles Volantes fell apart, and with the move of IMpAct Corp to Not Found., all of them but Republic of Nephrite are flying under a new banner. They are apparently going to be flying with Cursed Alliance.

Empire/Bullshit

Nitsujsoft Enterprises, whose one alliance of note was High Treason Alliance, left ESSANCE OF ESCALATION. Jesus, it's not like "essence" is even a hard word to spell.

Deep Axiom left Excessum Gaming; there's nothing else noteworthy about them. Now, I'm curious - what relationship does the alliance have with NC., if any? For a while, before forming Northern Coalition., D00M. was in Excessum Messor, which has an obviously similar name.

Unkieg Industrial barely met my cutoff, and both joined and left Novus Aevum.

The 0rphanage - MBALM's little empire wardeccing alliance - lost Nuclear Arms Exchange, possibly to avoid a wardec.

Ex-CoW corp Sons of 0din left The Strangers. and rejoined Chain of Chaos. I'm assuming they're lowsec pirates or something.

New alliance Dark Syndicate. formed since the last update, and recruited Biotech Corporation from IUS PRIMAE NOCTIS and Koshaku from Empire. Notably, Koshaku was in BRUCE, Ushra'Khan, Sc0rched Earth, and OWN Alliance once upon a time, but had been without an alliance for three months.

Divine Machinations left Phoenix Virtue, proving that while a phoenix may rise from the ashes, it spends a lot of time being dead first (and after).

New Alliance Unprovoked Aggression, which seems to be PvP-focused, was formed with the help/under the leadership of Assisted Genocide, who have never been in an alliance before.

Warped Aggression, which is apparently different, recruited Handsome Millionaire Playboys. This follows up their recent recruitment of Caldari Deep Space Ventures. I've got to think that they're going to try to get sov somewhere with that many players.

Hard Rock University claims to have a secret plan to rule all of New Eden. Well, that secret plan must not involve an alliance, because House of Gaming proved insufficient for their rocking-out-ness.

Ex-Noir. German corp Gemeinschaft interstellarer Soeldner has now joined Grunts., a very small alliance with effectively only one other corp, FrEE d00M Fighters, which styles itself a merc corp.

Another ex-Gentlemen's Club corp, Advocates of Sin, joined Random-Violence. They were probably promised excellent strippers.

THE UMBRELLA C0RPORATI0N has joined The Golden Rule Alliance. The only other important corp in the alliance, The Golden Rule, is NRDS and very earnest. The alliance is CVA-aligned, or at least it was back in March, the last time they updated their corp description.

Would it surprise you if I said German Dynamics is a German corp? No? Good. Because German Dynamics is a German corp. They haven't been in any sov-holding alliances. They joined Avaricious Cartel, which unlike most of the top 10 sovholding alliances in EVE actually has an alliance logo.

I had remarked previously on the adventures of Paxi-Fixi, the ex-Ewoks corp whose alliance - Yakuza Alliance - had briefly ninjaed some sov in dronelands. Well, the corp left the alliance and is now floating around, speaking German to anyone who cares.

Outposts

Rebellion Alliance is settling into its home in Branch, building an outpost in 9F-7PZ in the Q5KW-Z constellation. There are two other outposts, and the system is used very regularly. The constellation has a direct connection to Venal, which is appropriate for a PVP-focused alliance like Rebellion.

ME built the first outpost in the I89-EP constellation in Vale of the Silent, in 4GYV-Q. The system is not particularly heavily used, but it is the first factory in the constellation.

C0NVICTED built the first outpost in the Geminate constellation of RJ-1R7, in LR-2XT. It's a service outpost, and it's the alliance's first. I guess they're settling in for the long haul.

Wildly Inappropriate. has loaded up all the systems in the KWCZ-A constellation of Branch with outposts, completing the task with a service station in J9-5MQ. The system is one of the most heavily used that I've seen in 0.0.

Mostly Useless built a service outpost in the XFLN-F constellation of Fade, in P-33KR. The system is barely used. It is the second outpost in the constellation.

Cluster of Rebirth built a factory in the G-HISF constellation of Malpais. It is the second factory in the constellation, but it's the only Cluster of Rebirth system in Malpais. The system is used a bit.

47. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation captainktainer's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Holy wall of text, Batman! Midweek update will be blessedly shorter.

Also, I didn't have time to visit Eve News, SHC, or CAOD usefully, so this update has a bit less content than usual. Sorry.

Off to visit the psych ward!

48. Super Moderator ihaveahelmet's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Wasnt Veneratio Venator Alliance just a NC guest that never did anything except jew and lose ratting ships?

49. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Mr Coloredshirt's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Mostly Useless built a service outpost in the XFLN-F constellation of Fade, in P-33KR. The system is barely used. It is the second outpost in the constellation.
    P-33 is a jump bridge system, it connects MH's home system (C4C) with Pure Blind NPC space (roir) by gates and d7t by jump bridge. D7T in turn connects to MM jump bridge system by gate and EC- by jump bridge.

also nice report, +rep

e: Guess not You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to captainktainer again.

50. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Malcanis's Avatar
    R/P
    Power

Di-Tron Heavy Industries left Brick Squad due to not having fun or some such shit and is moving to Initiative Mercenaries.
    mother of fuck he's right what the shit?

I dont know whether to celebrate or buy an anal chastity belt