CEX.io
Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

The Forces of Smugness coming to Delve

R/P
    Power
    Pretty sure they dont have ISK to replace anything atm.

2. What Good Is a Glass Dagger?
    R/P
    Power
    PL CSMers need to petition CCP to add some PG to the Raven. 6 Torps and 2 heavy Neuts without fitting mods please.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by srly View Post
    He left WN while they were deployed to the south, then went to PL with Omee's corp UA Industry and apparently he is now in Resilience. But I'm sure Omeega can (will) explain it much better, since I lost track of nync after he left WN.
    I won't. Some things are just better when kept secret.
    Daroh > I've bought a telescope, watching you guys fly in eve from my place )))

4. This is harsh. Evaluate me TheYeti's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Omeega View Post
    I won't. Some things are just better when kept secret.
    secrets are no fun at all

5. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Opti's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    i have the inside scoop

nync is a fucking russian baller )))))

and didnt want to be involved with 2nd rate babushka cast offs

rus ))

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones Bones View Post
    PL CSMers need to petition CCP to add some PG to the Raven. 6 Torps and 2 heavy Neuts without fitting mods please.
    This. With all 5s, the raven has 11,375 PG. Meanwhile, the tempest looks boss at 19,375. What the fuck.

7. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Arrador's Avatar
    Perrigrin, tenerifis, immensea, fucked if I know
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Dental Floss View Post
    This. With all 5s, the raven has 11,375 PG. Meanwhile, the tempest looks boss at 19,375. What the fuck.
    Honestly, 75% of the caldari ships could use a massive increase in PG. It used to be worse before they lowered Hybrids PG requirement.
    [Arrador] possesses a considerable understanding of ship configurations, strengths and weakness. He gives clear and purposeful instructions, is good at taking advantage of the fleet-composition he's dealt, and never loses sight of the main goal: fun. This, paired with an excellent tolerance for strong drink gives him an almost Churchillian capability to win, despite being completely pissed on booze most of the fleet operation.

8. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by space4sale View Post
    does RA replace self-destructed ships? that would be ultimate faggotry level.
    I still remember days before big fight c-j, RA Wyvern jumped to cyno gen in c-j6 while BAND. was shooting at it. First thing he did was to press selfdestruct
    Yes he will get reinbursement even doh he fucked up. he was playing from work *some real dedication there* and his boss came so he had to minimize eve and coudn't warp out..

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by cracken View Post
    Yes he will get reinbursement even doh he fucked up. he was playing from work *some real dedication there* and his boss came so he had to minimize eve and coudn't warp out..
    he probably mined for it too so it double doesnt count

10. Troll Jegeren Barry Zuckerkorn's Avatar
    R/P
    Power

Based of the old 'The Northern Coalition guide to enemy alliances'(circa before the NC's death) because its Red Alliance wouldn't playing eve technically be at work for him?

I also would like to see this Raven buff. Something about a fleet of suicide gank torp ravens brings a smile to my face. But nice job on the titan kills.

11. Super Moderator Lorren Canada's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrador View Post
    Honestly, 75% of the caldari ships could use a massive increase in PG. It used to be worse before they lowered Hybrids PG requirement.
    And Gallente could use some CPU increases, especially battleships
    Your posting has been Adjusted

R/P
    Power
    typical noob "shit i'm dying", [s]Ctrl-Q[/s] self-destruct and prays for miracle. Also who needs implants these days. It triple doesnt count

13. What Good Is a Glass Dagger?
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrador View Post
    Tier 2 BSs CPU/Grid

Apoc 631.25/25625
    Raven 875/11875
    Mega 687.5/19375
    Tempest 687.5/19375

One of these things is very much not like the others. Of course, it doesn't help when BCUIIs take 40 CPU...

R/P
    Power
    And launchers aren't kind on the CPU either.

15. What Good Is a Glass Dagger?
    R/P
    Power
    What we're all ignoring is that Raven could just fit Cruiser Launchers and pwn e'eryone.

16. Honey, Don't You Want a Man Like Me Elektrea's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawr View Post
    There's nothing wrong with being excited while FC'ing and all that, but repeating a command every half second for an entire fight really is a bit much. If people didn't pick it up on the first two or so, they won't pick it up on the fiftieth and it really makes the playback painful to listen to.
    Yeahhh, no.

R/P
    Power
    Congrats on the kills PL. Nice vids and battlereports - though why you leave unedited footage and screenshots here I don't know - maybe I was the last person to figure out RONA & .RAD. as alt corps and it didn't matter, but burning it when you don't have to?

Anyhow good to see the HeroCats used, was waiting for confirmation on that fleet tactic ever since I read it on the forum dump back last year. We didn't think it could take a titan down without substantially more dreadnaughts, so kudos and props for showing us how to do it without suiciding 30 dreads in the process, especially nice work on bumping the supers back in when the reps started to hit!

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Anon View Post
    Congrats on the kills PL. Nice vids and battlereports - though why you leave unedited footage and screenshots here I don't know - maybe I was the last person to figure out RONA & .RAD. as alt corps and it didn't matter, but burning it when you don't have to?

Anyhow good to see the HeroCats used, was waiting for confirmation on that fleet tactic ever since I read it on the forum dump back last year. We didn't think it could take a titan down without substantially more dreadnaughts, so kudos and props for showing us how to do it without suiciding 30 dreads in the process, especially nice work on bumping the supers back in when the reps started to hit!
    Um, herocats were tried and proven long before these kills m8.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/UhWbu.gif[/IMG]

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcore View Post
    Um, herocats were tried and proven long before these kills m8.
    I wasn't aware that you had killed two titans with tempests and a handful of dreads while facing a mid-sized super blob before. If you haven't my comment still stands - basically everyone knows gank tempests work as fleet ships to kill carriers/dreads etc., my point was that it was a novel outcome under these fleet conditions, which I at least believed was only theorycrafting until now.

20. What Good Is a Glass Dagger?
    R/P
    Power
    The key is the neuts. With supers running active hardeners you cut their HP to a 1/2 if you turn them off. I think an Erebus has like 135k Cap. With each Heavy Neut taking 600/cycle it doesn't take long to cap out a super whose buddies are bubbled 140km away. The problem you'll run into is in larger super fleets is there's enough cap/armor transfer power with the SCs that it gets substantially harder to cap out the primary.

R/P
    Power
    I wasn't aware that you had killed two titans with tempests and a handful of dreads while facing a mid-sized super blob before. If you haven't my comment still stands - basically everyone knows gank tempests work as fleet ships to kill carriers/dreads etc., my point was that it was a novel outcome under these fleet conditions, which I at least believed was only theorycrafting until now.
    The super blob being on the field bears no relation to the type of ships used to kill the supercap. Good dictoring determines whether or not hostiles will be able to apply remote reps, and if they are able to en-mass, then you're likely not killing the super with just subcaps. Killing titans like this is rare, super-carriers are much more common. RA likely could have saved the Erebus if their triage carriers had arrived and started repping while the titan was still in high-armor.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/UhWbu.gif[/IMG]

R/P
    Power
    On another note, while watching HM local last night after the Super Kill, it looked like some Viking scrub was claiming the CFC was coming to rescue them...

23. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?
    R/P
    Power
    About that supercaps bumping.
    I may not be an expert in void physics, but for crying out loud - why when 2 things collapse, one being 100x bigger than the other, the big one gets launched like a bullet.
    They should seriously fix it, or just allow you to bump celestials.

24. Super Moderator Lorren Canada's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcore View Post
    Good dictoring.
    In my experience this tends to make-it-or-break-it and it's one thing that we in TEST and CFC as a whole struggle with.
    Your posting has been Adjusted

25. Tobias Sjodin

R/P
    Power
    Good dictoring didn't ensure that Erebus died. If you watched the video, it took a good minute to go from return cyno to super fleet getting bubbled. What ensured its death was the fact their retard cyno Rapier lit it 140 from the dying Erebus so the RA supers couldn't warp down anyway. What they should've done is undocked a triage carrier with a cyno, warped it on top of the erebus (or as close as possible because of all the bubbles) then lit cyno and let all the titans and supers pour in. Energy transfers and reps would have sustained the erebus long eough for the other titans to kill all the Tempests.

27. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?
    R/P
    Power
    Good analysis.
    Almost as good as the one above it.

28. Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night Teh Ashen's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by penifSMASH View Post
    Good dictoring didn't ensure that Erebus died. If you watched the video, it took a good minute to go from return cyno to super fleet getting bubbled. What ensured its death was the fact their retard cyno Rapier lit it 140 from the dying Erebus so the RA supers couldn't warp down anyway. What they should've done is undocked a triage carrier with a cyno, warped it on top of the erebus (or as close as possible because of all the bubbles) then lit cyno and let all the titans and supers pour in. Energy transfers and reps would have sustained the erebus long eough for the other titans to kill all the Tempests.
    If the Titans landed that close, would they have had enough tracking to hit the tempests?
    HILMAR DIED 4 YORU SINZ

29. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Wildside's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    as long as they are not closer than 20 km I dont see any issues for a titan to blap shield bses. shield bses is mostly focused on their primary aswell.... and prob not that good at keeping transvertial up. atleast if bses is getting webbed and shit...(by supers/support)

think penif was p much dead on, horrible return cyno spelled doom for the erebus. Without knowing what was going through red alliance fcs head I would assume he was worried about his cyno rapier getting killed too ealie and only like few supers accually jumping through/loading grid b4 cyno was down..thus risk getting futher split up/loosing more shit. but a carrier cyno would have solved all that.

take note that I wasnt there...so im just basing everything on what I saw in the videos.
    ------------------------------------
    "God created the world in seven days, in a smaller, but no less impressive gesture, I destroyed HTA in 5"
    Grath

Mr Blue / Twisted girl /Stripperella - SNIGG - PL

R/P
    Power
    Yep

31. What Good Is a Glass Dagger? Ricky's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh Ashen View Post
    If the Titans landed that close, would they have had enough tracking to hit the tempests?
    The size of the titans alone will make sure they are spread enough to hit most of the BS rly.
    [spoiler= -A- Dude on SuperCaps][quote=midi2304][COLOR=#333333]Maybe if team tech knew how to use supers properly they wouldn't be taking yards of mittani cock all over the north at the moment?[/COLOR][/quote][/spoiler]

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriarti View Post
    About that supercaps bumping.
    I may not be an expert in void physics, but for crying out loud - why when 2 things collapse, one being 100x bigger than the other, the big one gets launched like a bullet.
    They should seriously fix it, or just allow you to bump celestials.
    Its KE = 1/2 mv^2

Squaring the velocity of the largest, fastest BS gives it lots of bamping power, the big one doesn't get launched like a bullet unless 3 or 4 bump machs hit it in the same spot.

I guess the mach pilots making it look easy is a compliment

33. "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Soni's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Today we had a birthday roaming with some nulli friends. We visited NOL then KFIE, but Delve was quite dead. Finally we find a machariel on safe spot in 8WA, whose warped to station and landed on a bubble with a lot of thoraxes.

http://kill.hunreloaded.hu/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=62143

Someone accidently popped the wreck...

After that, we head to find some more targets. Finally we found a thanny ratting alone. Bubble set up, landed, killed!
    http://kill.hunreloaded.hu/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=62144

Happy Birthday Hun Reloaded!

34. Pre-Person
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinx View Post
    Its KE = 1/2 mv^2

Squaring the velocity of the largest, fastest BS gives it lots of bamping power, the big one doesn't get launched like a bullet unless 3 or 4 bump machs hit it in the same spot.

I guess the mach pilots making it look easy is a compliment
    It really does come down to physics, if you can calculate the kinetic energy of the machariel from it's top speed (2360 m/s overheated max skills, no snakes) and it's mass (94,680,000 kg), place those numbers in the formula for kinetic energy, and you end up with 2,63664864 * 10^14 Joules of energy, or 260 Tera Joules of energy.

If we were to assume that in the collision the machariel donated all of it's kinetic energy to the titan (it's probably more like half of it's energy, but for the sake of argument lets go first with 100% transfer of energy).

With the magic of division and square root, we get the formula from:
    KE = 1/2 mv^2
    to
    v = sqrt ( KE / ( 1/2 * m))

Now place in that formula the ammount of kinetic energy we calculated earlier, along with the mass of a titan (2,379,370,000 kg for erebus) and we end up with the erebus moving at 470 m/s speed.

Here's some more numbers on the speed of the erebus using different kinetic energy transfer ratios from machariel to the erebus (I would imagine it to be somewhere around 50% ingame)
    100% energy transfer = 470 m/s
    50% energy transfer = 330 m/s
    30% energy transfer = 270 m/s
    25% energy transfer = 235 m/s
    10% energy transfer = 148 m/s

So if even just 10% of the kinetic energy from the machariel is transfered over to a stationary erebus, that erebus will start moving at 148 m/s speed, so yes even though the titan is vastly more massive than the machariel, it's speed (especially when overheating MWD) gives it enough kinetic energy to get that mountain of a ship moving at considerable speeds.

R/P
    Power
    ...Yup.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Dental Floss View Post
    Because the PG is scaled around fitting large artillery, which has some of the most atrocious PG requirements in the game.
    Mfume Apocal - Origin. - Black Legion.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamu View Post
    *snip*
    Impressive.

38. SHADOO OUTSIDE NOW progodlegend's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Mfume View Post
    Because the PG is scaled around fitting large artillery, which has some of the most atrocious PG requirements in the game.
    Glad someone took the time to post this. Also, between Missile launchers and LSE's, Caldari have the smallest PG fitting requirements in the game, your ship is not supposed to be able to fit the most powergrid hungry module in every slot without a fitting mod, it would remove the whole purpose of even having fitting requirements. Also for some retarded reason, torps need more grid than cruises (despite every other race needing more powergrid for their long range weapons than their short range weapons), so fitting a full rack of torps and heavy neuts should not be possible.

Your lucky that fitting a full rack of torps is even doable without a powergrid upgrade.

39. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    Not surprisingly my favorite Caldari ships can also fit 1600mm plates. Shield tanks are pretty gimped from a bunch of directions, including buffer amount, no EANM equivalent that gets shield comp bonuses, no equivalent to nano plates and DC favors armor.

R/P
    Power
    Impressive.
    But Flinx my man, it's all in vain if bumped Titan has high kinetic resistance! : )))
    CCP Greyscale Wrote: People live in Outer Ring.
    Kesper North: my point is there are a ton of things you can do in eve that don't involve dumping supers on mouthbreathing idiots like valor empire
    Montolio: I actually have a huge crush on S2N

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Finiks View Post
    But Flinx my man, it's all in vain if bumped Titan has high kinetic resistance! : )))
    The speed of a bumping Mach is around 6000mph, in a world of non perfect elastic collisions, it would of course be instantly destroyed on impact.

Luckily it too has kinetic shield resist

42. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?
    R/P
    Power
    It's all true as long as Titan is just haging in space without any power already applied, and thats just absrd since you can't just stop an object in space and leave it be. If you want it to say still you'd have to use some kind of energy to keep it there.

43. The Empire never ended Grogoth's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    WTB: Collision damage

e: or some kind of allahu ackbar suicide mod (even on a dedicated ship)

Ideally a 1b (or 10b) isk aoe DD in a ship
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

44. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?
    R/P
    Power
    That sounds fun

Not that DD tho - it was so damn annoying to fight vs. it. All you were ever doing was spamming directional scan and rewarping.

45. The Empire never ended Grogoth's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Well shit, even if it isn't an AOE DD, but some kind of MASSIVE smartbomb, that has like a 20k range, must be activated, has a 5 second spool time and only fits on a cruiser (and not a covert ops cloaking cruiser) - and does like 100k damage

Alternatively, a literal doomsday collision module - fits only on a battleship (by powergrid), must be activated which makes the ship bright fucking yellow or something, and has a multiplier to collision speed, so you do 100 damage for every m/s you are going when you collide. Also, it instantly pods the pilot of this allahuackbar ship (maybe by resetting you to an alpha clone or some shit).

It should be really, really fucking unappealing to do, should have ridiculously high requirements and cost, as well as penalties for using it.

CCP Dregs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

R/P
    Power
    The speed of a bumping Mach is around 6000mph, in a world of non perfect elastic collisions, it would of course be instantly destroyed on impact.

Luckily it too has kinetic shield resist
    In a world of Bungee metal alloys, physics laughs at us all.

Collision damage is a great concept, but I think there'd have to be some temper for it. The way med clones work, etc, EVE would quickly turn into an Al Qaeda training camp simulation which would get boring quickly.

Edit: Walking away during a post is bad form, and Grogoth basically already said this but with more abo ninja style.

47. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?
    R/P
    Power
    Damn, i just love it!

Always dreamt about some nice terrorism activity for atheists.

48. The Empire never ended Grogoth's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    The temper for collision damage can be that if you collide with something bigger than you, it pods you to an alpha clone - even if you were cycling alts, that would still be a pain in the asshole
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogoth View Post
    The temper for collision damage can be that if you collide with something bigger than you, it pods you to an alpha clone - even if you were cycling alts, that would still be a pain in the asshole
    The most hilarious thing about collision damage would be blue collisions. Scrubs putting friendly Titans into armor in a staging POS, etc.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamu View Post
    It really does come down to physics, if you can calculate the kinetic energy of the machariel from it's top speed (2360 m/s overheated max skills, no snakes) and it's mass (94,680,000 kg), place those numbers in the formula for kinetic energy, and you end up with 2,63664864 * 10^14 Joules of energy, or 260 Tera Joules of energy.

If we were to assume that in the collision the machariel donated all of it's kinetic energy to the titan (it's probably more like half of it's energy, but for the sake of argument lets go first with 100% transfer of energy).

With the magic of division and square root, we get the formula from:
    KE = 1/2 mv^2
    to
    v = sqrt ( KE / ( 1/2 * m))

Now place in that formula the ammount of kinetic energy we calculated earlier, along with the mass of a titan (2,379,370,000 kg for erebus) and we end up with the erebus moving at 470 m/s speed.

Here's some more numbers on the speed of the erebus using different kinetic energy transfer ratios from machariel to the erebus (I would imagine it to be somewhere around 50% ingame)
    100% energy transfer = 470 m/s
    50% energy transfer = 330 m/s
    30% energy transfer = 270 m/s
    25% energy transfer = 235 m/s
    10% energy transfer = 148 m/s

So if even just 10% of the kinetic energy from the machariel is transfered over to a stationary erebus, that erebus will start moving at 148 m/s speed, so yes even though the titan is vastly more massive than the machariel, it's speed (especially when overheating MWD) gives it enough kinetic energy to get that mountain of a ship moving at considerable speeds.
    hey n3rd why dont you go calculate the probability of you ever getting laid ahahah