CEX.io
Page 7 of 93 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

The War for the Franklin Terrace Towers (Venal and the North)

1. Go fuck yourself Frodo!
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Moph View Post
    Its a very good argument, how can you keep 75,000 cfc players(or what ever number) entertained i you dont have anyone to fight for 5 regions?.
    Are any of the CFC actually more than 1 region (5 minutes with jump bridges) from hostile terrotory? Fade maybe. In fountain we are bordered (or near enough) by 3 null regions 2 lo sec regions and npc space in region, its not like we are going to get bored. Also that capital fleet is pretty pathetic by modern standards so idgi.

2. This is harsh. Evaluate me
    R/P
    Power
    Fade pipes into Tribute pretty easily. People seem to exaggerate the whole OH MAN THERES NO REDS ANYWHERE for the CFC. There's Delve, Venal, Tribute, and the rest of the East. We're going to have fun in High Sec this month. God knows it's not like people aren't going to come camp VFK or other crazy hijinx that have never been done before. The only people that might get bored are supercapital pilots and when they do get bored they'll just get hotdropped by hostiles ratting somewhere like usual.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Market Dude View Post
    It was always funny explaining to people exactly who it was that was actually going to have the invincible titan fleet in the end when the big arguments about titans were going on.

Oh...and +85 tech.
    Raiden alone could get as many titans as the entire 75k man new Northern Coalition was able to get today, to put things into perspective

4. Super Moderator Lorren Canada's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilmar Keller View Post
    Ratting in them maybe
    I thought that was our thing.
    Your posting has been Adjusted

5. Did you ever in your puff see such a perfect perisher? Endie's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile rat View Post
    Well who fucking knew it? Having more titans DOES make you a better player!
    Counterpoint: despite dual-boxing supers I forgot ammo for my launchers.

6. God damn these electric sex pants Marivauder's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Endie View Post
    Counterpoint: despite dual-boxing supers I forgot ammo for my launchers.

[17:08:27] "Endie" > 420 dual-box supercaps erryday

7. Did you ever in your puff see such a perfect perisher? Endie's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    One of my ships had a full suite of weapons

8. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Quesa's Avatar
    Taking wagers on Soho's return to custody.
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by aryndel vyst View Post
    Fade pipes into Tribute pretty easily. People seem to exaggerate the whole OH MAN THERES NO REDS ANYWHERE for the CFC. There's Delve, Venal, Tribute, and the rest of the East. We're going to have fun in High Sec this month. God knows it's not like people aren't going to come camp VFK or other crazy hijinx that have never been done before. The only people that might get bored are supercapital pilots and when they do get bored they'll just get hotdropped by hostiles ratting somewhere like usual.
    Yes and no. When in Atlas, we foolishly (under protest from many) cleared the regions around Omist and Detorid of hostiles. It truly was a very isolated area and rarely got hostiles coming through as well as routinely having to jump 30+ to find anything worth roaming.

9. Crashlander
    R/P
    Power
    but aryndel vyst how many of those regions have alliances occupying them that will form up to fight? most people now realise when engaging any cfc fleet there is a good chance there are more one jump out etc? only way i can see to get fight is small gang roaming fleets but having loads of these types of gangs flying around kinda reduces the whole "its a surprise" factor.

When i asked before in another thread the reasons why people would join cfc, the main response was the fact there is pvp against hostile gangs as soon as you can log in,, and now the answer will be "there is pvp it just takes longer to find it" which is nearing the opposite of the original opinions voiced. It wont worry me anyway as i dont hold sov and pvp in npc space . I was just assuming it would be better for cfc to try and keep hostiles interested rather than steamrolling the very things that make them fight opposed to them blueballing you :X

10. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    but aryndel vyst how many of those regions have alliances occupying them that will form up to fight? most people now realise when engaging any cfc fleet there is a good chance there are more one jump out etc? only way i can see to get fight is small gang roaming fleets but having loads of these types of gangs flying around kinda reduces the whole "its a surprise" factor.

When i asked before in another thread the reasons why people would join cfc, the main response was the fact there is pvp against hostile gangs as soon as you can log in,, and now the answer will be "there is pvp it just takes longer to find it" which is nearing the opposite of the original opinions voiced. It wont worry me anyway as i dont hold sov and pvp in npc space . I was just assuming it would be better for cfc to try and keep hostiles interested rather than steamrolling the very things that make them fight opposed to them blueballing you :X
    The difference is that the CFC doesn't simply hold space because it's good for carebearing; they will deploy en masse if it means they'll find a fight. So they'll deploy further and further from VFK, and if somebody decides they're going to reinforce VFK or something close to it, they'll come back and form up on that timer. This is unlike a lot of the failed coalitions which got happy with their space and told FCs "okay go ahead and take out gangs/roams but we're not pushing into anybody's shit nor calling CTAs."

Unlike the failed coalitions, CFC doesn't have a goal to achieve. They'll just push until something pushes back hard enough.

11. Super Moderator Lorren Canada's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    This is true if we're running strat ops to take tech or something, but if you come and dick around in VFK, or if a TEST fleet comes to NOL all you're going to get is one fleet of dudes. We don't blob unless we want to win at all costs - and that's not what good fights and roaming are about.

12. I'm Only in It for the Money Grim's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    That may be true, but all of them cant deploy, or they will have the same problem. You deploy x thousand dudes you wont get anyone to fight regardless. AAA will crawl home, nulli will fuck off, etc. And so what you will end up with is an ~elite faction that pvps all the time in curse or something, and some fat neckbeards who wont leave vfk, but complain about the lack of fights.
    If you kill enough of them they stop fighting - Gen. Curtis Lemay
    Fear the KKM

R/P
    Power
    i think its safe to say we will deal with the whole "no fights situation" whenever it magically and actually happens

14. Did you ever in your puff see such a perfect perisher? Endie's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Oh God the CFC shall dominate Eve for ever and the game CCP bounced on its knee has come to an end, swallowed up by the black hole of immense coalition mass whose event horizon shall eventually encompass all of Eve.

Like the Sufis said, one statement remains true in all circumstances: "this, too, shall pass."

R/P
    Power
    TEST isn't worried about not having PVP nearby. We have our own hobos up in NPC(DADDY) and PIZZA (our bitter ex-'s) to play with

16. Inconstant Moon Serious Business's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilmar Keller View Post
    Unlike the failed coalitions, CFC doesn't have a goal to achieve. They'll just push until something pushes back hard enough.
    Whos left to push back?

17. The Gripping Hand Soft Insanity's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Yea our 120k man coalition is running out of people to kill.

18. Super Moderator Lorren Canada's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    That may be true, but all of them cant deploy, or they will have the same problem. You deploy x thousand dudes you wont get anyone to fight regardless. AAA will crawl home, nulli will fuck off, etc.
    In my experience this is a bigger problem for groups like PL than us, ironic as that may seem. When we deployed with PL to Curse -A- and friends would brawl with us all day long but wouldn't touch a PL fleet with a forty foot pole - despite that on paper we are many times the size of PL. Following this train of thought, it would reasonable to assume that if any CFC entity no matter how large (and we're number two) were to go and pick fights like that, they'd get them. We may have numbers, but we're low on skill and experience making us prime material for fights.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorren Canada View Post
    In my experience this is a bigger problem for groups like PL than us, ironic as that may seem. When we deployed with PL to Curse -A- and friends would brawl with us all day long but wouldn't touch a PL fleet with a forty foot pole - despite that on paper we are many times the size of PL. Following this train of thought, it would reasonable to assume that if any CFC entity no matter how large (and we're number two) were to go and pick fights like that, they'd get them. We may have numbers, but we're low on skill and experience making us prime material for fights.
    Skills? Fly the correct ship, whose fit is given to you, orbit anchor and press F1. Fleet combat is a joke unless you're a dictor or a scout.

20. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Some Generally Awesome Dude's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    CFC need some kind of offensive campaign. Not to take space or moons, but just to inflict maximum damage.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Market Dude View Post
    CFC need some kind of offensive campaign. Not to take space or moons, but just to inflict maximum damage.
    We have one in 13 days.

R/P
    Power
    To those who claim this is the end of eve, cfc will have noone to fight bla bla: FFS read up on some game history

2012: CFC will dominate us all
    2011: DRF will dominate us all
    2010: IT will dominate us all
    2009: Goons & NC will dominate us all
    2008: BOB will dominate us all

It cycles between the two sides, the major players are the same, just the ticker that's periodically changing. Prediction, later this year CFC in lack of a clear enemy heads south and decimates -A-, which then bands up with the remnants of RDN/NC./IT and associates, and this time next year we'll be discussing how nobody will be able to stop the reformed clown wagon - and plenty of posters will think it's the end of freedom in EVE or something

R/P
    Power
    we're in the process of losing a techmoon because you dudes all went to bed!
    Actual quote from team tech broadcasts. . . woah didn't know our allies were THAT SERIOUS about the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

R/P
    Power
    lawl

-1 rev, +1 tech
    Mfume Apocal - Origin. - Black Legion.

R/P
    Power
    Man, that was fucking hilarious.

Zakn Tawate > Hi Dental. Your posting isn't bad, but your alliance is

26. Super Moderator Lorren Canada's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffraider View Post
    Actual quote from team tech broadcasts. . . woah didn't know our allies were THAT SERIOUS about the game.
    Hey, at least we didn't tell them to take off work.

R/P
    Power
    -1 tech (((

due to massive d2allsupercaps superblob

R/P
    Power
    im basically blue to the anti-blue coalition while the guys that hate supers are using them to helicopter dick every thing i know and love

i could press my whole wardrobe with all this irony

R/P
    Power

30. Sigs are too damn expensive. Elo's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffraider View Post
    lol thats a goon ping

R/P
    Power
    I guess "team tech" has gone from being an ironic term to an unironic term, and switched sides. vOv
    Turning pretend colourblind angels from spaceship to madship samurais, one post at a time.

32. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Kevin's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    You can't very well call NC., RDN and PL "Team Tech" when RDN and NC. are losing all their tech and PL. have a standing agreement with mittens, can you?

R/P
    Power
    No, but you couldn't call them that to begin with. Part of team tech, sure, if you must. However, it was bandied about as "team tech" vs "the cfc", for god knows what reason.
    Turning pretend colourblind angels from spaceship to madship samurais, one post at a time.

34. Inconstant Moon Serious Business's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    You can't very well call NC., RDN and PL "Team Tech" when RDN and NC. are losing all their tech and PL. have a standing agreement with mittens, can you?
    Tribute/Vale have tech moons and sov held by RDN and NCdot. You havent reinforced or taken any tech in either of those regions.

35. Go fuck yourself Frodo!
    R/P
    Power
    yet

duh duh duh

36. "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
    R/P
    Power
    Our eternal bros Ev0ke and Circle-of-Two have already started to deploy to Tribute.

37. Did you ever in your puff see such a perfect perisher? Endie's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Shiva couldn't hack it in Initiative Mercenaries.

The claim is that they are joining Giantsbane but this is surely a troll. Isn't it?

I mean...

Isn't it?

38. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Addrake's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    So Friday night starts off just like any other night, stalking fleets around the north baiting them into fighting or in this case, dodging 200 duders and picking off every last straggler we can get our 720mm's on. We wrack up quite a few random maelstrom and drake kills while staying on our toes as we skirt the edge of massive Tech bashing fleets. The night ends rather uneventfully or so we thought, as less than an hour after the end of our op a ping goes up for a fleet. In under 3 minutes everyone is docked and shipped up into Hellcats and Elo is literally salivating at the mouth, while trying to persuade Mfume that staring down a 130 man drake fleet in a lone Revelation probably isn't a killer idea.

The CFC has bridged into MQFX which is located at the tail end of our pipe, with only 2 ways to exit (a titan or d-8.) We can't take on a 130 man fleet entirely alone in 15 Hellcats though so we see if anyone else in the area is awake. We are able to find about 25 NC.dot duders who are down for a fight, and they bridge over to join us for some fun. The total count is 34 Abaddons, a triage archon (with a second on standby) and a few ahac style webbing loki's + random odds and ends. We now have 50 sitting at zero on the CSOA gate in K3 as the CFC caps jump out and dbrb moves his fleet down the pipe unaware.

A CFC Tengu scout jumps into system, and immediately is decimated by our fleet as he fails to cloak or warp out. Our archon is still sitting without eyes on it and as dbrb starts to load his fleet onto grid we pop our cyno, get him triaged, and start to go to work. From here the story is like just about any other with the exception of our sole loss (other than light tackle) being chols, who fell asleep 15 minutes prior as we were sitting in the tower, and had managed to get fleetwarped with us 4 times throughout the system. So instead of trying to explain how fast we decimated the drake fleet, we'll just show you. Courtesy of Aoko for your viewing pleasure ...

[spoiler="This video killed a radio star"]

[/spoiler]

Eve-Kill Battle Report
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

R/P
    Power
    the hilarious part of chols dying while asleep is that he plays with game sounds on, loud as fuck.

40. Electric Ant
    R/P
    Power
    black legion's public relations team at its best. keep this stuff up

R/P
    Power
    Aoko deserves to be murdered for that music. Nicely done though, apparently you guys successfully kited drakes with a triaged carrier. :dbrb:

42. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Opti's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    oh no you just dint

43. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Muhadin's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    The music from that video has subliminal messages telling you to kill people.
    Muhadin - Origin. - Black Legion.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Dego View Post
    Aoko deserves to be murdered for that music. Nicely done though, apparently you guys successfully kited drakes with a triaged carrier. :dbrb:
    yea dbrb is my 2nd favorite FC :sun:

R/P
    Power
    The only time I've ever appreciate aoko's gay nip music videos. For the music not the content of course.

46. Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night Zagdul's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Could not connect to the specified address. Odds are that you have not established an internet connection, the server isn't running, or the server address or port number was wrong.

47. This is harsh. Evaluate me Gnome's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdul View Post
    Could not connect to the specified address. Odds are that you have not established an internet connection, the server isn't running, or the server address or port number was wrong.
    Downtime?

48. This is harsh. Evaluate me ginlaan's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Anon View Post
    To those who claim this is the end of eve, cfc will have noone to fight bla bla: FFS read up on some game history

2012: CFC will dominate us all
    2011: DRF will dominate us all
    2010: IT will dominate us all
    2009: Goons & NC will dominate us all
    2008: BOB will dominate us all

It cycles between the two sides, the major players are the same, just the ticker that's periodically changing. Prediction, later this year CFC in lack of a clear enemy heads south and decimates -A-, which then bands up with the remnants of RDN/NC./IT and associates, and this time next year we'll be discussing how nobody will be able to stop the reformed clown wagon - and plenty of posters will think it's the end of freedom in EVE or something

The continuing circle in the game we call eve.

49. Super Moderator Lorren Canada's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Addrake View Post
    A CFC Tengu scout jumps into system, and immediately is decimated by our fleet as he fails to cloak or warp out. Our archon is still sitting without eyes on it and as dbrb starts to load his fleet onto grid we pop our cyno, get him triaged, and start to go to work. From here the story is like just about any other with the exception of our sole loss (other than light tackle) being chols, who fell asleep 15 minutes prior as we were sitting in the tower, and had managed to get fleetwarped with us 4 times throughout the system. So instead of trying to explain how fast we decimated the drake fleet, we'll just show you. Courtesy of Aoko for your viewing pleasure ...
    boat was very smug that his Vulture tanked all of you despite going so far into structure that he got the insurance notification. He also thought that he'd only lost like ten drakes until I linked the killboard. He's the consummate optimist and that's why I like him :sun:

50. Electric Ant
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorren Canada View Post
    boat was very smug that his Vulture tanked all of you despite going so far into structure that he got the insurance notification. He also thought that he'd only lost like ten drakes until I linked the killboard. He's the consummate optimist and that's why I like him :sun:
    Commonly, a fluffer keeps an adult film star "cleaned up" in between takes so that the actor does not have to move from their position.