CEX.io
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SoT collapse/Impotent Legion rats abandoning ship/Sir Molle homecoming party

1. Promiscuous
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper ShizzIe View Post
    r32s
    Now you can read my post again and see how stupid you are. Go ahead.

2. I have galactorrhea :(
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert0288 View Post
    so how much income does a single Prom, dysp or tech moon make per month? Surely PL didn't just give up R64s because they only make 800% profit ontop of running cost now rather than 1000%

95% of all statistics are made up.
    Dyspro is worth 1/8 of its peak, Prom 1/7, and there are 0 Tech moons in Fountain.

Once again, I'm not complaining as I agree with the need for CCP to balance the Dyspro and Prom bubble (although they should have seen Tech coming and introduced r32 alchemy), but I want to make sure you're correctly informed with non-madeup statistics. (Check ingame price histories to confirm)
    -Sniggerdly-Pandemic Legion-

3. Promiscuous
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Raivi View Post
    Dyspro is worth 1/8 of its peak, Prom 1/7, and there are 0 Tech moons in Fountain.
    Cool Numbers! How many Tech Moons now PL has to capture to make up the income they've lost? I mean post-Dominion pe-IT invasion, when PL still held all those Aridia + Fountain moons, plus some in Pure Blind or god knows where? Calculate that for us please.

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    How many r64s will you have to capture to make the ISK we did in a single month pre-dominion?

5. I have galactorrhea :(
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Suppilappic View Post
    Cool Numbers! How many Tech Moons now PL has to capture to make up the income they've lost? I mean post-Dominion pe-IT invasion, when PL still held all those Aridia + Fountain moons, plus some in Pure Blind or god knows where? Calculate that for us please.
    28. Or less with a spattering of Platinum and Cadmium mixed in. That's about 5% of the estimated total tech supply, or about 2-3 lowsec regions worth.

And yes I know you're trying to troll, I was also curious so I went and did the math anyways.

6. Promiscuous
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Raivi View Post
    28. Or less with a spattering of Platinum and Cadmium mixed in. That's about 5% of the estimated total tech supply, or about 2 lowsec regions worth.

And yes I know you're trying to troll, I was also curious so I went and did the math anyways.
    No, I'm not trying to troll. If those numbers are accurate, they are pretty amusing. I guess PL has a long way ahead of it, trying to get those 28 moons to reach the level of income that VS didn't think was worth defending.

7. I have galactorrhea :(
    R/P
    Power
    Keep in mind you have to factor in the effort, and how little fun most PL members find moon mining. What work we're willing to put into getting pre-dominion r64s is not the same as the work we're willing to put into getting 1/8 the value. There's still plenty of fun to be had if you can only afford to let Viper leroy the capfleet into Razor occasionally.

8. Don't stop posting! RansomList's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    worth defending or capable of defending? If the former remember one mans bushel is not the same as anothers.

Whats the point in bothering if it isn't FUN!

Die in a hole PL, you've earnt it

and then go do something interesting until people start crying about you again
    Not Dead, Just Sleeping

9. This is harsh. Evaluate me
    R/P
    Power
    Congratulations to whoever it was that predicted that PL would join/ally with Cry Havoc.

10. Don't stop posting! RansomList's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by smn View Post
    Congratulations to whoever it was that predicted that PL would join/ally with Cry Havoc.
    Quote Originally Posted by secshunayt View Post
    My perception of PL was always as the opportunistic hotdroppers - their income made them a potent capital force, on top of the fact that they were really fucking good at it (regardless of what they now seem to be claiming; I don't understand this underplaying their own achievements). They'd do well to hook up with another potent capital force like CH and continue with that role.
    ?
    Not Dead, Just Sleeping

11. What Good Is a Glass Dagger?
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Murtas View Post
    Yes, PL can continue their Pure Blind campaign.

Well, although i could understand that as an easy move thats wwhyi said it, i was basicly trolling (the tinfoil hat shows that), it is a pretty stupid move. IF VS isn't also trolling ofcs.

Edit: fucking spelling. need moar sleep. less wine.

12. Best, Smartest Person Alex Clomsaver's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    I honestly believe he is. Goonswarm doesn't seem to offer much in the way of exciting opportunities for Snigg.
    Vladic Ka: "gtfo Alex you have ruined the site."-Truer words never spoken.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Clomsaver View Post
    I honestly believe he is. Goonswarm doesn't seem to offer much in the way of exciting opportunities for Snigg.
    Maybe they just want to bomb shit v0v

R/P
    Power
    Of course Viper is troling, ffs.

Anyway, spin it like you want, PL painted itself as a PVP-Alliance. I could understand PLs unwilling to boost Towers and shit and getting blobbed while trying to defend outposts, but running away without putting up a decent fight or trying to fuck IT up once in while with a nice hotdrop just tells me something.

The spin of "We earned a lot of money but the moons now don't earn enough money to motivate us for PVP" just don't works for me.

in the smug satisfaction of self-superiority
    R/P
    Power
    someone applied pressure and they bruced. nbd.
    THE GREATEST POSTER

16. Honey, Don't You Want a Man Like Me Elektrea's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Pripyat View Post
    The spin of "We earned a lot of money but the moons now don't earn enough money to motivate us for PVP" just don't works for me.
    why the fuck do we care what others think? Were not here to please you.

17. "It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane"
    R/P
    Power
    yet i can remember so many PL posts about so many alliances mocking the infamous FAIL CASCADES and talking about as much elitist crap as ive ever seen sprouted.

18. Gay Bar
    R/P
    Power
    To flip the fountain invasion around, how the fuck did Molle attract that crowd? Clearly there is some skill at diplomacy, because I figured the ridiculously botched delve 2 defense would slice through whatever loyalty existed in the GBC. It seemed like a clean break for the pets to strike it out on their own. But there they are, as dedicated as ever and winning a region. The core 3-4 corps I understood, but the series of former pets ditching stable gigs was surprising.

I just don't get it. It's like watching a foreign sport where I assume there is skill involved but I have fucking clue what's going on. Is it internal comaraderie? Do they actually drink the "we're the best" cool-aid? Or is it simply something to do with people they recognize, and his fuck-ups aren't any worse than your average superpower fuck-ups?

R/P
    Power
    You don't even know what a failure cascade is.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Elektrea View Post
    why the fuck do we care what others think? Were not here to please you.
    My comment was directed at the spinning here and on other forums from PL-members who apparently do care what others think.

Quote Originally Posted by woozle wuzzle View Post
    To flip the fountain invasion around, how the fuck did Molle attract that crowd? Clearly there is some skill at diplomacy, because I figured the ridiculously botched delve 2 defense would slice through whatever loyalty existed in the GBC. It seemed like a clean break for the pets to strike it out on their own. But there they are, as dedicated as ever and winning a region. The core 3-4 corps I understood, but the series of former pets ditching stable gigs was surprising.

I just don't get it. It's like watching a foreign sport where I assume there is skill involved but I have fucking clue what's going on. Is it internal comaraderie? Do they actually drink the "we're the best" cool-aid? Or is it simply something to do with people they recognize, and his fuck-ups aren't any worse than your average superpower fuck-ups?
    I remember the comments from some former Exe-members i know who were all excited about fighting with the old BoB again, Molle seems to inspire some loyality in the people despite the failed campaigns of BoB. They all still want to be part of the elitist select few (thousand).

Also lolANZAC.

21. What Good Is a Glass Dagger? tekscru's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    they're in it for the bbq's - the prospect of a social outing once a year

22. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by woozle wuzzle View Post

I can only imagine that a lot of the lost Delve II war is still being rationalized away through the disband; the actual current problems within bob and tactical erros rationalized away by those in the former GBC as well as it may has turned (partially crumbling?) loyalty transformed into solidarity that brought those close(r) again to Molle. Not to mention that apart from the relatively new AAA/Atlas block that actually was still shaping throughout the spring til autumn last year, something was needed/missed to counter the coalition. Or to say it blunt: somethings the fanboys could cheer up to.
    Regarding the NC mostly Ev0ke and as of late again Tri filled that niche. I dare to say the AAA/Atlas/Stainwaggon block didn't totally suffice to fill the "public archnemesis" towards Goons/PL (from a GBC's viewpoint) as some may have swallowed the "sacrificial lamb" speech. Atlas as said just arose powerful during late Delve II, respectively afterwards. And AAA more or less still has (even if apparently not justified anymore) the "russian-stench" attached (ment in terms that it's not something for "everyone/non-russian community" to cheer up to). Not to say that AAA turned on Goons in late '08 while being a BoB/GBC enemy. Along with being a sacrificial lamb, who's to sday they don't turn again?...
    I guess what want to say is: The success of Molle in reccalling upon a good chunk of the former GBC recently might be - to a degree - simply explained by a lacking alternative for that clientele.

Or I just created diarrhea in textform...
    Monkeys killing monkeys killing monkeys over places of the ground.
    Silly monkeys, give them thumbs, they make a club and beat their brothers down.

The universe is hostile, so impersonal: Devour to survive - So it is, so it's always been!

23. Whoremonger
    R/P
    Power
    Very good question on that "how come IT got together". I'd imagine win or loss it was just plain entertaining, why people play the game to begin with. If you're a semi-casual bitter vet , IT is very good at providing structured entertainment on tap. As in, the operations pace IT keeps up (and BoB did) is relentless, there's typically something going on all the time from garden variety cleaning tasks to "theme ops" to roadtrips and so forth. Another thing that ties into it is logistics, which is and has always been one of the strong suits of the alliance.
    Both together means if you're somewhat casual player or just someone who does not have the time or enthusiasm to organize complicated EVE entertainment, IT is very good at providing both the things to do and the means to do it for you. Which makes it fun, you can use your X hours a week productively and feel like you're making a mark (with your closest 4000 or so buddies).
    As for Molle , I've always gotten an impression providing entertainment for his crew is always high on his agenda. Whether it's interesting ops, interesting campaigns or just some goofing around (or an annual BBQ for that matter, it all fits the theme). So yeah, obviously nobody has a 100% success rate but generally you get the feeling the guys in charge are working on it to make it interesting & entertaining for you, can't ask much more than that.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Pripyat View Post
    Also lolANZAC.

I feel like I've missed something. Please enlighten me.

I'm serious, I really know nothing of Anzac except they left Atlas to join IT.

25. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    That wans't ANZAC but The Maverick Navy. ANZAC was exec-corp of Southern Cross Alliance (GBC), left for Mostly Harmless and left them again for IT.

The universe is hostile, so impersonal: Devour to survive - So it is, so it's always been!

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaclypse View Post
    That wans't ANZAC but The Maverick Navy. ANZAC was exec-corp of Southern Cross Alliance (GBC), left for Mostly Harmless and left them again for IT.
    Shows how little I know.

27. Former Former Community Manager and Former Chief Senior Analyst Vinata's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    My guess is they wanted to continue playing the 0.0 game, but didn't want to be allied with Goonswarm, The North, CVA, or Russians. Where else did they have to go?

R/P
    Power
    How IT became this powerhouse is an interesting discussion. I for one believe that they - being the core corps of old BOB wanted to get back into it from the day 1400 ppl camped 49-. They hated what happened too them and maybe most of all that if they didn't come back the pathetic Delve II showing would become their legacy.

The newer corps came in for a mixture of reasons.

1) To make it big. Molle would have them, where others said "lol Maverick Navy".
    2) Promises of fun campaigns, pvp with a purpose. The close knit community, the bbq in Scandinavia, the "Nordic atmosphere" would be a selling point for X13 (a Danish pvp corp).
    3) And finally the key point: This was a seldom opportunity to be apart of Juggernaut from the beginning. Nobody can claim that these guys are FOTM alliance jumpers now. They joined a low-sec alliance of former greatness, that had been soundly defeated earlier in the year and was widely ridiculed. They put in the eager blobwork needed for it to become a renewed powerhouse. Hearing some of these guys in chats after the 5 Titan kills was something else. They honestly felt like they took the prom queen away from the jocks and fucked her sore.

29. Best, Smartest Person Alex Clomsaver's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    A lot of the people joined because these decisions are made at the directorship level and respect among people who run corps for just how amazing BoB's team is runs very high, more so than among the general population and that level is increased even further for the leaders who flew under them in the past (with a few exceptions.)

30. Former Former Community Manager and Former Chief Senior Analyst Vinata's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Anon View Post
    the 5 Titan kills was something else. They honestly felt like they took the prom queen away from the jocks and fucked her sore.
    Yeah, that was a real George McFly moment.

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    + lots of the exGBC might be somewhat bitter about Delve loss as well and might see this as a chance for redemption

32. Truth. As terrible as death. But harder to find JimFromIT's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Well most of IT is ex-BoB corps, we know each other. like each other and have a shared history. Being hated by the majority of the game also tends to make you stick together - can you think of another alliance that would take Finfleet or Evolution in?
    Despite everything, the directors and CEO's of the ex-BoB corps are still pretty well respected by us rank-and-file, sure they have whelped in the past but I can think of very few alliances who haven't (ours was just all saved up!).
    For the newer corps it's a chance to be a part of something - as fas as most of IT is concerned BoB is dead and buried, we are a new alliance with different goals and a different culture to BoB. Sure there are stil a few ex-bobbits lurking about the place dreaming of revenge but the bulk of us are commited to a new path.

We were pretty lucky that we managed to retain a lot of assests after the evac - supercap fleet was mostly untouched and most of the old corps had heavily invested in T2 BPO's (no T20 mention plz!!!) plus some really rode the early T3 wave, I know that at least one corp had 2x class 6 wormholes permenantly occupied and generating ISK for a good while before this all kicked off.

33. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation captainktainer's Avatar
    The Strangest of Energies amongst Gentlemen
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JimFromIT View Post
    most of the old corps had heavily invested in T2 BPO's (no T20 mention plz!!!)
    Why not? That and the sov disband are the two things Band of Brothers were mostly known for. When I wrote up my Slashdot article, I dug through the Slashdot archives to try to relate it to previous reporting. The T20 incident and the sov disband were the only two things that got promoted to the front page. You have to admit that being known for cheating continues to have political repercussions for your alliance. That incident also helps shape how in-game events are interpreted. Were it not for that, you would not have seen so many "lol devhax" responses to your victory at Y-2.

It's part of your alliance discourse. Whether you push back against it or embrace it is obviously up to you, but ignoring it doesn't strike me as a wise move.

34. This is harsh. Evaluate me
    R/P
    Power
    Am I the only one who is excited for Molle`s victory post?

35. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    More for what happens in the 2h after that post...

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    no i am too. I know a huge facepalm will follow

~~~~GIMMIE +REP+ GIMMIE~~~~

37. The Fourth Profession Lord Gabriell's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    I expect a mellow post from Molle since IT is a bit different than BoB. I am sure there will be a reference to Goons for sure. I have always enjoyed his posts to be honest since they tend to bring out the trolls.
    Little by little, one goes a long way

Formerly the artist known as Serj, Ykatni, Acobar, Intravenous deMilo and about fifty other mains/alts the last few years.

No more character sales when I ragequit, seriously....

38. Whoremonger
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Ykatni View Post
    I expect a mellow post from Molle since IT is a bit different than BoB. I am sure there will be a reference to Goons for sure. I have always enjoyed his posts to be honest since they tend to bring out the trolls.
    Such a nice and mild way of putting it. Should be a good bait for hilarious amount of irrational hatred.

39. Neuromancer
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripline View Post
    hilarious amount of irrational hatred.
    It goes both ways, don't fool yourself.

40. Gay Bar
    R/P
    Power
    The real success of IT, imo, is in getting those pets back into the fold. Evolution, reikoku, etc. were a lock. But it was a real gamble breaking up the band and hoping that the pets wouldn't prefer their new homes after ~9 months. For example, I don't know if Maverick Navy demonstrates a successful recruitment by Molle, or a failure to retain by Atlas. Or both. Basically, is IT that good or other alliances just as bad?

Clearly the reasons given here all have some weight. I figured that with debacles like the EXE defense, the pets would take the clean break as an opportunity. But they joined up without any guarantees. Whatever system of free whores and crack they're doing, other alliances need to figure it out and copy it.

41. This is harsh. Evaluate me
    R/P
    Power
    I remember reading the IT Forum mirror, and being suprised by how much these people really seemed to like each other. I can understand why you'd want to be part of that sort of group. At the time that the mirror was released, almost all the posts were from ex-BoB corps - I'd be interested to see if posting by the other alliances has picked up - that would be your clue to how well they're integrating into the whole.

42. Whoremonger
    R/P
    Power
    I remember reading the IT Forum mirror, and being suprised by how much these people really seemed to like each other. I can understand why you'd want to be part of that sort of group. At the time that the mirror was released, almost all the posts were from ex-BoB corps - I'd be interested to see if posting by the other alliances has picked up - that would be your clue to how well they're integrating into the whole.
    Hard to tell since not all posters carry a corp tag, but at a quick glance in the "Warmonger's Lounge" (ie, the main forum area. Love the name, doubles as a mission statement) would indicate yes. Ie, the non-bob IT corps are fairly vocal and participating. No surprises there I'd say, there's a fair amount of shared history and maintaining a good atmosphere is easy when you're winning.
    Considering the forums leak like a sieve no doubt there'll be a mirror of them too eventually, unless it's too non-controversial/docile material atm.

And in other news, the CCP alliance logo submission opened again. As it happens IT Alliance doesn't quite qualify yet, a logo requiring the 6 months in existence and all.

R/P
    Power
    Well our forums mostly consist of Cflux making all the newcomers cry and then they emo on CAOD

44. Best, Smartest Person Alex Clomsaver's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Glad about that, to be honest. IT's current unofficial logo is damned terrible. I hope Molle doesn't make an arrogant victory post either, thats one of the things doesn't do much for the organization and is best being left behind.

45. The Fourth Profession Lord Gabriell's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    I think the big question is how long they will wait until they hit Goons.
    Little by little, one goes a long way

Formerly the artist known as Serj, Ykatni, Acobar, Intravenous deMilo and about fifty other mains/alts the last few years.

No more character sales when I ragequit, seriously....

46. Neuromancer
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Ykatni View Post
    I think the big question is how long they will wait until they hit Goons.
    Thursday.

47. "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Publius's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Just as "hatred" of BoB is a motivator, people really can't stand Goons.

Seems obvious, but somehow it's gone unmentioned as a motivation so far. A *lot* of people joined the anti-BoB bandwagon because of the T20 incident, which was a thousand Eve years ago. Sure, Molle and Co. are arrogant, but they're not as vocal about it as Goonswarm. Noone can shit up threads like GS, it's their whole raison detre, and they've had a lot of time to burn goodwill since Sabregate.

in the smug satisfaction of self-superiority
    R/P
    Power
    d'ętre
    THE GREATEST POSTER

49. "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Publius's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    let's see...

"smug satisfaction of self-superiority"
    check.

Another motivator -- being in IT and living on the border of Delve? That's gotta draw a lot of pilots.

50. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Maybe they all wanna be IT-girls like paris Hilton? *woapwoapwoapwoooaaaaaa*