CEX.io

Mobility Awareness Month Contest

1. Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night Themick's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Hello all, I recently found out about a contest a former coworker of mines' grandson is entering. Here is an excerpt from his page:

On April 26, 2010, our 5-year-old son (3rd of 4 boys), Miles, was diagnosed with a 4cm brain tumor. It was resected on April 28th and on the 30th he was diagnosed with Medulloblastoma. Less than 24 hours after surgery he suffered Posterior Fossa Syndrome with Cerebellar Mutism. A week later his incision leaked and led to Bacterial Meningitis. After almost 2 weeks of antibiotics, Miles cardiac arrested in his Dad’s arms from an undiagnosed Duodenal Ulcer that hemorrhaged. The hemorrhage caused a loss of blood oxygen to Miles’ brain and caused diffuse damage to the motor areas and pathways of his brain. A week later, Miles again cardiac arrested from another hemorrhage and underwent emergency surgery to save his life. After 7 ˝ weeks (5 in the PICU), Miles came home completely trapped within his own body. He had a port and g-tube placed after he was healed. A shunt was placed a few months later after 30 rounds of Radiation to his brain and spine. He then endured 9 intense rounds of Inpatient chemo and developed Symptomatic Epilepsy. He was deemed Cancer-free in August of 2011! On January 25, 2013, a new tumor was spotted on his 3-month routine MRI. He underwent another craniotomy to remove the tumor on February 15th. Pathology reports confirm Relapsed Medulloblastoma. Today, Miles is still severely disabled. He attends a special school in an SXI classroom. He will endure more chemo to hopefully bring him a cure, but his chances are grim. He is a true Fighter and Hero and will always be regardless of where this journey leads. He is our SuperMiles!
    We are currently transferring Miles in and out of our van into a Special Needs Car Seat. Most of the lifting is left to me, his Mom, and he is almost 1/2 my weight. During chemo he will have many transfers to endure for appointments. We are working to get him a new Wheelchair Stroller and still hope to order him a Power Wheelchair as soon as he can learn to stop! We want to give him what we can while he is here and what better gift than a van that meets ALL his needs to travel wherever our hearts desire!

I wont sugarcoat it, this family has been through shit. I would like to get as much votes as possible for the kid, so in true Eve fashion, if you guys are willing to help out and see he gets a shot at winning, I'll publicly humiliate myself, and as long as it is something completely legal, I'll let you decide how I shame myself.

I'm 100% serious, I'll go along with anything ya'll decide if the guy wins, so spread the word, and hopefully it gets enough support that within a couple months I'm embarrassing myself.

Link to his page to vote:

http://www.mobilityawarenessmonth.co...mseh-michigan/

Thanks for your time, and please spread the word.

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Someone should tell Rive about this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3. God damn these electric sex pants Marivauder's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    The jokes just keep rolling in

4. Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night Themick's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Thanks for the help so far guys, he's gotten about 50ish votes since I made the thread!
    Last edited by Themick; 2013-03-15 at 01:43 PM.

5. Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night Themick's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    He just broke the 1k mark, thank you guys so much for the support!

6. Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night Themick's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Another update post:

His vote count is approaching 2.5k, well done and thank you to those who have voted so far, I believe at this point he is blowing the contest wide open.

As of right now the list of things I must do(from the reddit thread) is as follows: wear a dress, wear a plunger on my head, sing over comms, get blown up in something shiny, and scatter faction mods around space in random anchored cans.

7. King Dong
    R/P
    Power
    Why are you such a good human being?

8. Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night Themick's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I'm not, I'm just whoring myself out so a kid in a wheelchair gets some sweet wheels.

9. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Make sure he gets some 50inch spinners so he keeps on spinning even when standin still

oh and chrome, everything chrome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]