CEX.io
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tri vs Why?

1. What Good Is a Glass Dagger?
    R/P
    Power
    Because -Y- 's homosexual orgies in X70 offend TRI's moral sensibilities?

2. Crashlander
    R/P
    Power
    ok, there are two reasons....forgot about that whole orgy thing...

3. What Good Is a Glass Dagger?
    R/P
    Power
    Please, elucidate. We're casual here on Kugutsumen.com, we like to share information freely.

4. Impostor
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir T View Post
    Small bit of history. Way back when Tri was starting out they started trying to hire themselves out as mercs. They contracted themselves out exist within a w as merceneries to the antigo Dominion alliance to fight Apocalypse Enterprises and Arcani Impiri that were attempting to destroy ANT, and APENT ceased to exist within a week. That means I have one of the more unique distintions of having employed Triumverate.

Apents excuses on CAOD about how brilliant they really were was a laugh, such as comparing our losses over the past year over theres in 1 month and saying how mych they rocked. And saying they klilled to towers of ours but forgetting that they were both small towers, and one of those of those was 5 months previous to the war Especially as the guy spoiting off, Turtlehead, had robbed out the corp wallet and hangers and fled the war when TRI came in. *shakes his head*

/me remembers taking down those towers. I do recall that the entire thing blew up right quick as we got there and as we left, but i never knew why. Thanks T for finally giving me some light on the matter

5. Piper in the Woods
    R/P
    Power
    tbh i wouldnt call TRI pvp'rs, more like exploiting the flavour of the day(nanos) in huge gangs.

6. Crashlander
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SkitBra View Post
    tbh i wouldnt call TRI pvp'rs, more like exploiting the flavour of the day(nanos) in huge gangs.
    Sounds like someone got ganked!!!

LOL

Tri are, and aren't many things....but they are clearly PVPers, to deny that, well...says alot about you...

R/P
    Power
    Could someone post a quick history of TRI? Where did the major corps come from originally?
    I mostly lived in the South when I played regularly and never paid much attention to
    goings on in the North (no offense!)

8. Best, Smartest Person Alex Clomsaver's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Fartman View Post
    Could someone post a quick history of TRI? Where did the major corps come from originally?
    I mostly lived in the South when I played regularly and never paid much attention to
    goings on in the North (no offense!)
    The piddled around in Venal ganking Kiths for a couple months as the local thorn in D2's side. When Bob and D2 went to war Tri sided with the north but when it became apparent that the north was boring/losing they went back up to Venal to piss around. When D2 was dead and Deklien got occupied by incompetent weaklings Tri decided it was time to take space from them, so they did. After that Tri kicked all of the other alliances out of Deklien by winning one battle (and aborting the Sparta mom fetus) with northern coalition help. Now they are kicking -Y- out and installing tenants to pay them rent.
    Vladic Ka: "gtfo Alex you have ruined the site."-Truer words never spoken.

R/P
    Power
    Did they form out of the ashes of a former alliance, or are the major member corps mostly recent additions to the EVE 'verse?

R/P
    Power
    Well as I say they started advertising for Merc contracts, but I afaik they only did one, and that was for Antigo Dominion. That was summer 2006. Around that time they went up and pissed around ECP-8R for a while. I knew a guy in the ISSN who said that they were probably THE major pain in the behind.

I got the impression that at least some of them were ex Tribal Souls and banded together once ASCN destroyed Tribal. But I could be very wrong about that.
    "Confound these wretched rodents! For every one I fling away, a dozen more vex me!" - Doctor Doom

11. Galactic Pot-Healer
    R/P
    Power
    In the very beginning of triumvirate and a lot before D00M. was terrorizing Pure Blind and its residents daily.

The corp known as omen. (which seems to be an on/off corp in tri) harrassed FLA a lot first in Deklein and later on in empire, they made tens of billion of ISK from dumb carebears in several months before triumvirate was formed.

Coracao Ardante was afaik a Southern PvP corp, mostly lowsec and some 0.0 harrassing which joined triumvirate during its Venal phase IIRC.

The others...I do not know.
    [i]Leaving the game? Send your stuffz to "Other Ideas", preferably with a very long contract[/i] - :v: [SIZE="4"]? ? ?[/SIZE]

R/P
    Power
    Youwhat Cyno jammer in XZH-4X is down

http://tri.exanimo.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=65938

Mega ouch.
    "Confound these wretched rodents! For every one I fling away, a dozen more vex me!" - Doctor Doom

R/P
    Power
    Its a party in here

14. Crashlander
    R/P
    Power
    While the war's stated cause was partially true....the unstated has slipped by....namely Tri had declared a conquerable station as their capital for Sov 4...as they discovered you cant do that...so they had to wait an additional 30 days for sov 4 (I believe it was 30 days, could be wrong).

Tri wanted to slip into Sov 4 quietly....so what better way to prevent a threat as they reached their sov status than to wage a loud public war in someone else space....and all the time, the clock ticks...and the Cap Arrays go up....

Anyone trying to dig a Sov 4 Tri out of Dek is in for a rude awakening, the amount of supercaps being built is staggering...

15. Galactic Pot-Healer
    R/P
    Power
    Also notice how tri actually sov4'd the most important junction constellation in Deklein, period. It's a fort.
    [i]Leaving the game? Send your stuffz to "Other Ideas", preferably with a very long contract[/i] - :v: [SIZE="4"]? ? ?[/SIZE]

16. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir T View Post
    Youwhat Cyno jammer in XZH-4X is down

http://tri.exanimo.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=65938

Mega ouch.
    WTF is Frege doing in that mix?

17. Crashlander
    R/P
    Power
    Maybe Fig can answer that question for us....

18. Crashlander
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by tilusio View Post
    WTF is Frege doing in that mix?
    Well, Tri is going to need to install some new people in their new space once CR falls...and Frege is in need of space....

Not sure if that's the case, but it might play out like that. Of course, Tri has typically wanted hardcore PvP tenants, so I'm not sure if Frege qualifies....I know some parts would, but others are pretty bearish--from what I've heard, Frege is a very mixed bag. Of course, that info is way old and their composition might have changed dramatically after being evicted.

R/P
    Power
    FREGE is deffinitly changing for the better but still have some stuff to work out.

From what Im told, we will not be blue to tri once -y- is out of CR...I just hope we have some sort of no-sov attack agreement because as Wes said, its gonna be a pain train of tri supercaps inc

Gotta admit, being on the giving end rather than the receiving end of camping an alliance in a station with super caps (Looney Spooney last night lols) is awfully nice for a change

20. Best, Smartest Person Alex Clomsaver's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    If they give FREGE Cloud Ring then losing their crap space might be the best thing that ever happened to them.

R/P
    Power
    No kidding man

But looking at true-sec levels of CR, its still a pretty shitty region compared to some of the others but hey Im not complaining, I can finally rat bounty rats while in lecture class now \o/

22. Crashlander
    R/P
    Power
    Give maybe too strong a word....

R/P
    Power
    As usual, this is just the opinion from a grunt's POV but it would seem to me as if Tri kinda wanted to do the brunt of the work themselves. IMO they were very very pissed off about the initial failed attack against the Cyno Jammer so it was a matter of their pride at that point.

If they had brought FREGE with them to take out the jammer, people woulda just said "omg tri had 2 bring frindz 2 kills it"

As a FREGE pilot whos been active in this campaign, I can say we've had a few good fleet fights against -Y- but other than camping the station and anchoring POS after the cyno jammer went down, thats about the extent of our contribution and I think thats just the way Tri wanted it.

I could be completely wrong though hah

24. The Alien in Our Minds Vladic Ka's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Fig View Post
    As usual, this is just the opinion from a grunt's POV but it would seem to me as if Tri kinda wanted to do the brunt of the work themselves. IMO they were very very pissed off about the initial failed attack against the Cyno Jammer so it was a matter of their pride at that point.

If they had brought FREGE with them to take out the jammer, people woulda just said "omg tri had 2 bring frindz 2 kills it"

As a FREGE pilot whos been active in this campaign, I can say we've had a few good fleet fights against -Y- but other than camping the station and anchoring POS after the cyno jammer went down, thats about the extent of our contribution and I think thats just the way Tri wanted it.

I could be completely wrong though hah
    You are right

25. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex
    R/P
    Power
    No kidding man

But looking at true-sec levels of CR, its still a pretty shitty region compared to some of the others but hey Im not complaining, I can finally rat bounty rats while in lecture class now \o/
    Frege, by having Tri next door to them running ganks gangs (while not having to worry about loosing sov) will definitly thin out their carebear fat.

R/P
    Power
    Theres already not a whole lot of it left tbqh, but yeah I can see it only helping.

And hurting, my ships :|

R/P
    Power
    Theres already not a whole lot of it left tbqh, but yeah I can see it only helping.

And hurting, my ships :|
    All the chicken-shit carebears left while Smashkill hammered FREGE. Many of them abandoned towers, or were sloppy enough that our covops pilots snagged them. Ask the falcon and itty 5 who were going to scoop one how fun it is to have an arazu and falcon decloak 20km from you. Stupid falcon had MWD though and got away :P. Tower was liberated though.

There's probably a few more crap parts of FREGE left in it, and I have personal doubts about the leadership (unless that's changed since NGM). But FREGE stayed on it's feet and just might live through another year.
    Ya'll are always welcome back in RK space for some roaming pew pew. Maybe even show Tri gangs how to be effective without risking faction fitted ships so often. Good thing the RK killboard doesn't track module value in efficiency or they'd be hurting BAD. Only fly t2/faction fit ships, and mostly t2/faction ships at that.
    They do bring good fights though. Just might be able to learn something watching newer players pvp some. Faction uber-ness is only "all that" when you don't wander into outpost systems (and then complain about being blobbed). Not falling for carrier bait helps too.

28. Crashlander
    R/P
    Power
    Tough to resist a carrier though....cant blame them....I know when we get a carrier pinned...pilots seem to appear out of thin air to help....

R/P
    Power
    Yeah carriers seem to have a sommon shop spell. friendly AND enemy..

Well Triare not the only ones running round in faction nano faggotry. Outbreak do it all the time as well.

One of the first fights I had in IAC was when Outbreak brought a 3 nano mach gang + some other ships (couple of battleships and some hacs and interdictors) through. I was about to start mining but my hulk was shelved and out came my domi and headed for the fat -25s gate. Anyway basic set up was we had our 15 man gang and outbreak were running round and orbiting the gate at a speed my t2 warriors could not keep up with them. The had the rest of their gang in 25s so our FC orders us into 25s and we annihilated the outbreak gang there with little difficulty. We jump back and see the nanomachs now on the gate but they scattered when they saw us, and then zeroH swoops in on me for a bump. I only had a split second to do it while it was within 10kms but somehow I managed click the mouse at the right time to get my webber on him. I got bumped 40kms and the other ones started firing on me but then realized that zeroH was trapped. My webber was still active on him for the duration of the cycle despite me being 40kms away, so He could not build momentum and the rest of the gang dived on him as well as my heavy drones that I had also thrown at him when he was coming in. Other nano-machs exited stage left. One of my prouder moments it has to be said

Ahh I feel like an old man by the fire telling stories..

30. The Alien in Our Minds
    R/P
    Power
    steelvipers setting pos on sindycate
    [I]speaking moon language since . . . . sometime[/I]
    [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"][I]Any society that dispenses with a little bit of freedom for security does not deserve neither one nor the other and will end up losing both[/I][/COLOR][/B]

sup /b/

31. What Good Is a Glass Dagger?
    R/P
    Power

32. Galactic Pot-Healer
    R/P
    Power
    If I were tri, I'd setup a second base to Outer Ring(that sov4 constellation would be nice to have - wait was it in Fade?) and stage it as a secondary fleet massing point so that when the pets finally get themselves to Fountain I could just jump my capitals on them.

33. The Alien in Our Minds Vladic Ka's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by peon View Post
    If I were tri, I'd setup a second base to Outer Ring(that sov4 constellation would be nice to have - wait was it in Fade?) and stage it as a secondary fleet massing point so that when the pets finally get themselves to Fountain I could just jump my capitals on them.
    Or they could jump there caps on non bob pets too. Just for fun.

34. Galactic Pot-Healer
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciav Kald View Post
    Or they could jump there caps on non bob pets too. Just for fun.
    Considering there's going to be thousands of (relatively) rich but incompetent players in Fountain in near future that's not really an option.

35. "We need more people like Torshin to fight the coalition"
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by peon View Post
    OR is NPC therefore no sov4

36. Galactic Pot-Healer
    R/P
    Power
    Whatever, crap region...

37. Best, Smartest Person Alex Clomsaver's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    It was Cloud Ring with the sov four capable constellation.

R/P
    Power
    lol at calling FREGE tri pets...first pets to ever be set red as soon as sov is gained

39. "We need more people like Torshin to fight the coalition"
    R/P
    Power
    lol at calling FREGE tri pets...first pets to ever be set red as soon as sov is gained
    we plan on griefing yall out within 3 months

40. Expendable
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Torshin View Post
    we plan on griefing yall out within 3 months
    Sounds like a good bet

R/P
    Power
    We're scared.

No really, we are.

42. "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
    R/P
    Power
    I like that system.

43. "We need more people like Torshin to fight the coalition"
    R/P
    Power
    We're scared.

No really, we are.
    you might not put much stock in my pvp abilities due to the massive ammount of time i put into whoring forums, but POD-U and our Sister corps can go toe to toe with most corps in the game. I won't say we are at Toxin or BE or Snigg level but we are damn good.

44. What Good Is a Glass Dagger?
    R/P
    Power
    AGONY is going to have a field day messing with FREGEbears, depending on whether FREGE ends up in Pure Blind or not. the closer to X70 the FREGEies get, the worse it will be in terms of ganks.

45. This is harsh. Evaluate me
    R/P
    Power
    hey torshin if you think your so shit hot, why dont you try going toe to toe with VSQ in venal That or tell us where you live im sure i can organise some rape gangs to come steal your virginity.

Oh and btw dont automaticly assume every tri roaming gang is gonna go for frege soon as they got sov :/

And torshin i hope u do go for frege cus if any kind of long term engagement between you and them occurs i will personally head down there to FC their gangs to kill you

Propolis

P.S: I also use my ingame name on board but i originally registered under my dictor alt/mains name malum letum

46. The Empire never ended Ceylon's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I feeeeeeeel the love in this thread

Have fun

47. What Good Is a Glass Dagger?
    R/P
    Power
    the Fuck Torshin Society is strong in this thread...

48. "We need more people like Torshin to fight the coalition"
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Malum Letum View Post
    hey torshin if you think your so shit hot, why dont you try going toe to toe with VSQ in venal That or tell us where you live im sure i can organise some rape gangs to come steal your virginity.

Oh and btw dont automaticly assume every tri roaming gang is gonna go for frege soon as they got sov :/

And torshin i hope u do go for frege cus if any kind of long term engagement between you and them occurs i will personally head down there to FC their gangs to kill you

Propolis

P.S: I also use my ingame name on board but i originally registered under my dictor alt/mains name malum letum
    we are currently working out of the J-C X-70 area, bring it.
    and LOL look at this http://tri.exanimo.org/?a=corp_detail&crp_id=8755
    i hope your corp can do better then the rest of your alliance.

49. "We need more people like Torshin to fight the coalition"
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by BoB Spy View Post
    AGONY is going to have a field day messing with FREGEbears, depending on whether FREGE ends up in Pure Blind or not. the closer to X70 the FREGEies get, the worse it will be in terms of ganks.
    do you not know where CR is? its not close to X70 and Agony are a joke.

50. What Good Is a Glass Dagger?
    R/P
    Power
    I didn't see where it said FREGE is going to CR, I thought they might end up in PB, my mistake.

As for AGONY's ability or lack thereof, that's not my department. I'm just a fan, not a member. Personally I think they do good work with little ships (by choice) and are a goddamned nuisance. Pewpew for Pewpew's sake.