CEX.io
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Most Embarrassing Eve Moment

1. Piper in the Woods Rump Rider's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    My embarassing moment is when I was a youngling pod pilot and my alliance was at war. I'm actually color blind and the red and brown which differentiated corp members between war targets was difficult for me to tell. So we had wartargets in system and we were searching them out. I landed in an asteroid belt and saw one of the 'wartargets'. I had him tackled in my T1 frigate and started screaming on comms...'I got one, I got one'. Of course my alliance mates started warping to me and kindly informed me I had one of my corp members tackled.

One of the veterans kindly showed me how to modify the color scheme.
    Just hitchin' a ride on my older brother's ass

R/P
    Power
    Wasted roughly 5m SP on my main pilot (can fly hulks and other useless shit like that) before being "rescued" by Broski from highsec.
    [URL="http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=12609601"][ 2012.03.02 08:32:51 ] Kurth Ren > whereas love squad avoids any engagement that is not a onesided curbstomp[/URL]
    [URL="http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=11888507"][ 2012.03.02 08:34:08 ] Kurth Ren > but you are literally arguing with the inventor of broski, you aren't going to win a debate about broski history with me[/URL]
    [URL="http://unidan.net/killboard/?a=kill_related&kll_id=1876"][ 2012.03.02 08:40:48 ] Kurth Ren > it's filled with bitter faggots who would rather be slaves to finns and run at the first sign of a fight then go on ops[/URL]

3. The Empire never ended Aralyn's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Mfume View Post
    Dying in an ABing fleet with a 1MN AB on my Scimi and having this pointed out to me by Kugu at large.
    Oh god, I'd forgotten...

When PL/Evoke/et al were busy trying to add Pure Blind to the list of places formerly owned by the NC, I was losing Scorpions like they were going out of fashion, and was buying and fitting them in batches. One day i lost one early into the fight, and I guessed i had got unlucky as we had started trying to burn out of bubbles as I was at the back of our blob of ships. The next day, I lasted quite a while into the fight, but as we were trying to again burn out of bubbles and make a break for it, I found myself falling behind, and couldn't figure out why. Meta 10mn MWD :facepalm:. Fortunatly, we cleared the bubbles off us, and I was able to warp off to the POS we were saving to cower in shame. Checked the previous days lossmail, and yep, had done exactly the same thing. Thank god for the latest ccp patch, thats one mistake it'll be harder to make now.

R/P
    Power
    May 2005 when I created my character.

5. Truth. As terrible as death. But harder to find
    R/P
    Power
    I once lost a ship to MrRive

6. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    A couple days ago I was dual boxing my ratters (and apoc and domi) when a guy from the Tuskers drops in. I figured I had enough rep power to hold him off long enough to kill him so I ignored him. He decloaks at the next spawn and I lock him as fast as I can while turning on the RR to support the apoc.

Except I was repping one of my sentries. I realized it about the time I was dumpstered to a pod.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13414632

By this time I'd pulled in the sentries and sent the warriors.

He made mistakes as well. I'm not sure if it's common to have large neuts and RR on a jewboat but they came in handy (well the rr only almost came in handy)

Not that I was terribly embarrassed. I'm a shameless scrub and It's fun to see if I can come out ahead in a ratter shooting my weakest resist.

R/P
    Power
    Losing Logistics 5 for 1.5 weeks (but no one was the wiser )
    Dying because I was looting a cov ops wreck.
    Elo's embarrassed for me every time I use my super, so I don't have to be.

8. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee? Della Monk's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Putzing up my free resculpt before walking in stations came out, and petitioning to get a fresh one when it dropped.
    That bosom looked far less ridiculous in portrait form than in motion, I tell you.
    K(awaii)ugu(u)tsumen

9. "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
    R/P
    Power
    The day I got t2 medium ACs trained I went to lowsec in a hurricane, feeling boss as fuck. Camped a station for hours, trying to catch frigates who all warp off before I can lock them. Finally a moa undocks and I point him and start shooting. He pops rather quickly and I fist pump the air, my first solo kill! Totally absorbed in looting t1 modules from the moa's wreck, I hear the 25% shields warning. Can't see anyone on the overview, who is shooting me, WHAT THE FUCK! Maybe its a stealth bomber or some endgame shit? I freak out and try to warp to a random celestial. My cane just keeps bumping into the station, unable to enter warp. My precious hurricane explodes and I am left dumbfounded as to what happened.

A corpmate later told me about sentries, aggression mechanics and aligning through structures when you are right next to them.

10. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Quesa's Avatar
    Taking wagers on Soho's return to custody.
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Probably not THE MOST embarrassing moment but I was quite embarrassed when I was a noobie-know-nothing and loaded a full rack of Defender Missiles thinking I was going to defend my fleet against missile ships.

R/P
    Power
    subscribing

12. Tū-whakaheke-tangata xutech's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    I used to think that goons actually said "gently caress". Mining and mission running.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

13. What Good Is a Glass Dagger? Fear's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    When i was green as grass. we had a wardec and it was over in 10mins and there was only 1 wartarget online, so i think fuck it i will mine in my hulk. im mining away and this guy warps to me and kills me with 3mins left in the wardec
    FML
    i get mad take a drake, and die to his harby. to add some salt to the wound.

14. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex zero's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I joined lunch/love squad

R/P
    Power
    Basically every time I try to go do ~elite solo pvp~ I get dumpstered by some faggot lowsec nerds god I'm so bad at this game.

16. The church of Batman the redeemer needs you
    R/P
    Power
    this one time white tree asked me 'have you ever even touched a boob' and I answered quickly matter-of-factly 'yes' like a schoolboy

man, i will never forget that

the laughter pierces my soul

17. Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night Zagdul's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I self destructed Caldari Carrier V.

R/P
    Power
    Tackled a harb in my no tanked nano sac that was worth about 7 bil with implants and fit.....Harb had dual DG webs, I tried to bump him off a gate.

Lost implants and ship without being ina bubble.

Realized we were at war as I dropped out of warp on Jita station with 6-8 billion in officer and deadspace loot in a viator....bad guys shot the wreck before they realized what was in it.

19. King Dong
    R/P
    Power
    I was putting up contracts for my weekly haul of plex loot when my wallet flashed. I was curious as to what had just sold and normally could tell by the change in my wallet balance, but this time I couldn't see a change. I checked my contract history and realized I had left off three zeros off the price for a Pith X-type shield boost amp. To make it even better the first thing I said in corp chat after that was "000Oh wow I just fucked up a contract."

R/P
    Power
    Let's see here

-Lost a Dramiel to a bait Blackbird
    -Lost a Dramiel to a t1 gun Moa because I was doing a cyno on other account
    -Found out I lost AWU5 and BC5 on the same acct on the same day via EFT
    -Bought a 1.8B cyno mod
    -Sold about 10B of tech for about 3B as I typed in the quantity into the price field
    -Lost an officer fit bomber to a pos
    -Sieged on an undock
    -Jumped to wrong cynos in a titan 3 times on the same op w/o a cap fit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

21. This is harsh. Evaluate me
    R/P
    Power
    Target painted a friendly, not in corp, basilisk when I was invited into a lvl4 mission in my brand new Hyperion.. Autolock ftl

When I was 2 weeks old and applied for an empire corp I loaded everything I had into an Iteron III and clicked AP, from Gallente space to Domain. The guy that popped me in lowsec actually paid me some 10 mill ISK (wow a lot) afterwards and tought me some things about AP, warping to gates and lowsec

Losing a JF AFK at a JB, when dualboxing my 1st ever 10/10 I found JF loss: 6B, 10/10 only dropped a tag...

22. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdul View Post
    I self destructed Caldari Carrier V.
    Well at least you didn't lose anything of value.

23. What Good Is a Glass Dagger? icanhazcheesetoast's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    bringing double bubble dictor to low sec pos bash

24. Piper in the Woods OWEHOWEH's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Ninja salvaged a guy, got him to agress and came back in my...thorax. Think it was small guns too. After I realised I couldn't break his tank I call in help. A guy in an ishtar pops up and I go "dude check if he's agressed to you", 2 secs later I see concord popping him.

After that I try to get him to pay some kind of ransom, which ofc he refuses to. Approximatly 2 hrs after the initial tackle he also realises that he can just log off for 15 minutes, ewarp and be safe. Op success.
    Manchmal ist zugedröhnt besser als nichts.

R/P
    Power
    Asked for pod express 4 times in a row in the same system because I forgot to change my clone's home station the first three times. Was neither drunk nor stoned.

26. Go fuck yourself Frodo! TomasM's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    my application to waffles (after few months in IT and then RAGE), got trolled hard
    Tomas Marny|Origin.|Black Legion.|BBC

R/P
    Power
    Leaving 0.0 and joining a Wormhole corp a few years back. It got so boring I stalked this guy in a Hurricane for about four hours before killing him.

28. This is harsh. Evaluate me Tarac's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffraider View Post
    -Jumped to wrong cynos in a titan 3 times on the same op w/o a cap fit
    Ive jumped instead of bridged, without a cap fit twice on the same op. Once into hostiles. Soho and Elo were quite mad.

Edit: I wasn't drunk or high, but was bone tired at the time and dualboxing.

29. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Basicly my entire eve career with the exception of being in IAC and CVA wich was straight bawling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

R/P
    Power
    I played EVE alone for two years.

R/P
    Power
    I joined a corp headed by a charismatic guy who was rounding up new players and vets for a move to null sec. I joined his corp and went to Fade and that alliance collapsed Then went to Vale as a Triumvirate renter, followed by a stint in Sc0rched Earth. Turns out the CEO had RL problems that were connected to spending too much time in Eve so he quit and biomassed his character. None of that is really embarrassing to me, even the choices of alliances.

I'm embarrassed I stuck with that corp far too long after the original CEO quit. It ended up as a high sec carebear corp with no direction or effective leadership, including from me, even though I tried to get some things going.

I've moved my best character back to null sec and I am now early in my recovery process.

R/P
    Power
    While bored in Delve, purchased up all of the T1 frigates so I could mark em up and sell for profits.

One single frigate cost me 80mill (Thought it was 800k).

Swing side:

Sold that frigate on to someone for 199,999,999.99 and popped it as he undocked. http://spurty.griefwatch.net/?p=details&kill=2397 so we can chuckle at his misfortune as well

Can add numerous STATION poppings where a cat jumped onto my keyboard and I shot a station I was trying to dock at (which fired back)

Oh and one loss to concord for POINTING that freighter that jumped to Nonni .. gulp .. made a ton of mistakes in this game, but these are the only ones I can recall (probably as humor is attached)

33. Scammer
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by cold one View Post
    Then went to Vale as a Triumvirate renter

34. The Idiot Bastard Son Internet Spaceships's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Tralala convinced me to hop on a Skype call with Aralis to ask if I could join CVA back when we were in Provi. I got rejected.

I don't know which is worse.

35. We're Only in It for the Money pinoyzzz's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogoth View Post
    I just empathied all over the front of my pants
    Okay, more seriously, this is probably my most embarrassing moment (I burned out my AB) after being ordered to do something I shouldnt have done

Almost everyone in this match is in PL now (both teams).

R/P
    Power
    Two big learning experiences when just starting. Level II mission in low sec in a stabber. Thought the single warp stab was enough. Learned the difference between a point and a scram that day.

Also my first 'big' engagement (hi sec war dec). I'm all excited. They jump in. I have the default overiew settings. Bad guys launched drones. Panic as I try in vain to find the primary and die horribly. In another stabber....

R/P
    Power
    I can’t believe I am publically admitting this in my 1st post here. Back when I was new I joined ANZAC alliance for 1 month…I have even tried to petition to get it out of my employment history…CCP has no mercy for my stupidity.

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Not one inch...
    (3:02:36 PM) LasarMotherfuckingBonghits: What you faggots dont get is what you dont get because you are faggots

39. The Empire never ended Grogoth's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Oh there is another terrible, terrible fails in my eve career, I tried to get a spy into MVN and failed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

40. Monalisa Overdrive Phineas Freak's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    my "accidently afterburner" tornado survived numerous bubbles in catch while my gang could not decide if they should piss themselves laughing or just have mercy and kill me. even worse, it was all frapsed, falsely dubbed "AB oracle" and put on youtube by annoyed corpmembers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZFLXaGmxXw

Quote Originally Posted by thinduke View Post
    I can’t believe I am publically admitting this in my 1st post here. Back when I was new I joined ANZAC alliance for 1 month…I have even tried to petition to get it out of my employment history…CCP has no mercy for my stupidity.
    using this history as a reference to get accepted into a certain -a- corporation is more shameful. i would never do that (edit: "on purpose").

R/P
    Power
    using this history as a reference to get accepted into a certain -a- corporation is more shameful. i would never do that.[/QUOTE]

Oh God I would have quit the game or started a new character if i had done that

42. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Holdem's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Chronologically:

- Making a character with max. charisma as ''this is an rpg rite?''
    - Not being able to jump in with the sniper BS gang I am fc' ing as the biggest ship I can fly is a stabber (I was training leadership)
    - Logging into a sieged K25 in a pos, take fleet invite, take fleet warp, die on SOLAR pos
    - Quitting WIdot over a friend getting kicked, vouching said friend into another corp, friend steals all of new corp's shit
    - Apping into NESW and getting clowned around before getting denied
    - Losing wing command V to an ultima ratio rifter, sabre and drake in a cynabal. I was already mad because I died 1 minute into 100 minute fight and therefor logged off without using the trusted medical facility. Next day was patch day and while solo roaming I found the bait drake. I got so mad at my drones not responding to commands that I managed the heroic feat of dying to x3 Ultima Ratio. Upon realizing what happened I proceeded to rage use my last remap to retrain a 30 day skill.
    - losing a triple sebo gate camping cynabal to a Babylon V prophecy, because I was too slow in realizing it warped on top of me.

And recently: my first encounter solo with the dps of a Talos (flown by Chris Lares). Got surprised at the rate that my shields drop that I panic align my cynabal to a random celestial. Straight into him

43. Truth. As terrible as death. But harder to find Pielemieni's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    - dying in a Drake to Pilgrim and Sabre on the belt while panickly calling for help... on some random channel instead of, say, local where I had like 5 of active blues;
    - aggressing a Jaguar on a lowsec gate with a Harbi, only to learn that the friend waiting on the other side was probed down and tackled by some random gang...;
    - taking a bait cloaky transport hanging motionless 12 km over the gate to hisec, then getting BO hot-dropped by Gypsy Band, then NOT warping off to a safespot to which I was aligned, as I was expecting the trap (this was a lowsec system, so no bubbles and their Arazu who put up the cyno couldn't lock me due to the decloak delay);
    - (only a week ago or so) running away from the same Sabre 3 times in an AB fitted bomber only to loose it on the 4th gate to the same Sabre (damn jumpbridges) because I pressed F2 instead of F1 for cloak shortcut...

R/P
    Power
    Letting my 36km/s teamwork crow go afk of the doril station with full grade snakes in it, at that time they were pretty much impossible to kill and costed a fucke tonne.
    Using ogre 2s instead of rep drones while de aggressing with navy mega gang.
    Losing a battle to fucking SCOOTER1.
    Actually engaging a hostile fleet with PULSEPOCS.
    Getting caught billing shamis for the same 20 geddons viper, zyer and xxangel had allready billed 3 times.
    Being in a couple of shamis fleets HEHEHEe
    Panicked a bit when some snigg nerd claimed i had stolen 30ish b of dyspro from the good old ANJA MOON

Oh and this http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=3967100
    [09:31:23] tribute wont fall
    (21:39:55) dabigredboat: pl wont get hired
    (21:39:57) dabigredboat: nobody trusts them
    (21:40:19) dabigredboat: I think pl is in delve to build supers

Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    Hey Vily, did you tell goons about how you joined PL, then broke down crying when you found your whining and bitching smeared all over the forum porn section?
    THEN had the balls to demand it be taken down?
    THEN rage quit like the fucking fat little girl you are when it wasn't?

45. I have galactorrhea :( Tristan Acoma's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    This thread made me go back through some of my early combat losses. These http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=4063904, http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=4208635is are a few lovely examples of some terribly misled empire-war combat fits from 2006.

46. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Bill Schwartzski's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    taking a risky jump with an orca full of wh-teardown items including a domination large tower

my scout was one of those "ok its safe NO WAIT DONT okay its safe NO WAIT oh shiii"

worst part was being cloaking moving at .0000006 m/s watching red after red pass within 5k of me, thinking "hey I can use my MWD to get back to the gate pretty fast". I still kind of feel pain in my stomach thinking about it.

wish it was a sexier pvp style embarrassment but alas

R/P
    Power
    The time I clicked on that mintchip link and...bewbs.

48. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Shoogafoots Jones's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    The time I logged out in 6V to change a poopie diaper in my aggressed nado, then got probed down and popped by fucking ELLA MEER in a shit fit cormorant.

http://pizza.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_de...ll_id=13063264

Sigh.
    Jeff Raider > oh i think you'll find the opposite to be true my friend i am among kugus best posters are you are among the worst as evidenced by our reputations on this site

49. The Idiot Bastard Son Kanloch's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoogafoots Jones View Post
    The time I logged out in 6V to change a poopie diaper in my aggressed nado, then got probed down and popped by fucking ELLA MEER in a shit fit cormorant.

http://pizza.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_de...ll_id=13063264

Sigh.
    I bet his most embarrassing moment was when he warped down a similarly shitfit cormorant to my purifier in an attempt to pop me, I pointed him and 2 guys warped down and popped him just before I hit structure.

50. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. jimmychrist's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    On this subject, how can you have played eve long enough to amass a jf and a super and billions more in assets and still get taken to the cleaners by a goon recruitment scam? Is it for that very reason, having played eve long enough to amass a jf and a super and billions more in assets hubris makes you blind?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sho...#post403998530