CEX.io
Results 1 to 46 of 46

Inferno trailer

  1. The church of Batman the redeemer needs you
    Joined
    2009 Oct
    Location
    Vale of the Silent
    Posts
    739
    R/P
    0.35859269282815
    Power
    6
    At the eleventh hour, CCP has released the Inferno trailer:

    http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/05/21...teaser-trailer

    They unfortunately appear to have given IGN an exclusive on it so they can baste your eyeballs in a heady mixture of intrusive advertisements; it's not even up on YouTube.

    tl;dr ign sucks, missiles are really pretty

  2. The Alien Mind
    Joined
    2011 Jun
    Posts
    68
    R/P
    0.67647058823529
    Power
    3
    Thanks for link. Cool CCP video as usual.

    So will the missiles from capital launchers be frigate sized now or what?
    Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home. RIP Vile Rat.

  3. The Indefatigable Frog quintuscodus's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Apr
    Posts
    51
    R/P
    0.19607843137255
    Power
    5
    More of a teaser than trailer, I hope they would do Dominion style trailers.
    Dominion: Worst Lag, Best Trailer.

  4. Super Moderator ihaveahelmet's Avatar
    Joined
    2009 Dec
    Location
    OREGANO
    Posts
    4,167
    R/P
    2.8334533237341
    Power
    24
    Missiles are cool and all, but it strikes me as odd that a graphics update for 20% of the ingame weapons system is their main marketing tool.


    Richter_Belmont: under Article 14, section 88, paragraph 420 of the B0Tl0rd Accord, it says "you're gay LOL pwned"

  5. King Dong Rer's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Jun
    Location
    Indiana, United States
    Posts
    2,169
    R/P
    0.49792531120332
    Power
    8
    Fuck Caldari

    Quote Originally Posted by ihaveahelmet View Post
    Missiles are cool and all, but it strikes me as odd that a graphics update for 20% of the ingame weapons system is their main marketing tool.
    Because planetary interaction just gave us all nerd-boners right? ;D

  6. Inconstant Moon syndic thrass's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Apr
    Location
    Childhood
    Posts
    660
    R/P
    0.5030303030303
    Blog Entries
    1
    Power
    5
    Eve Online: They Best Fuck Something Up Or Soon To Be A Good Game

  7. We're Only in It for the Money pinoyzzz's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Jan
    Location
    ~dota 2~
    Posts
    1,076
    R/P
    0.58364312267658
    Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by syndic thrass View Post
    Eve Online: They Best Fuck Something Up Or Soon To Be A Good Game
    Possibly, but I really doubt that given it's still CCP. They still underdelivered what they promised, and huge parts of the game are still broken or useless.

    Also n.b. the missile trails are completely wrong from a physics point of view. Sure they look interesting, and that's okay for a fantasy game but momentum carriers from the exhaust of a rocket undergo free adiabatic expansion. There are no vapor trails in space. /pedant

  8. King Dong Rer's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Jun
    Location
    Indiana, United States
    Posts
    2,169
    R/P
    0.49792531120332
    Power
    8
    There's no underwater physics either but we play with the cards/features we are dealt :V

  9. Expendable
    Joined
    2011 Jul
    Location
    away
    Posts
    38
    R/P
    0.23684210526316
    Power
    3
    Oh god, they actually want to release this horrifying new inventory system. :\

  10. Did you ever in your puff see such a perfect perisher? Endie's Avatar
    Joined
    2009 Aug
    Posts
    3,597
    R/P
    3.0194606616625
    Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by ihaveahelmet View Post
    Missiles are cool and all, but it strikes me as odd that a graphics update for 20% of the ingame weapons system is their main marketing tool.
    Yeah it points at another pretty meh release. Dbrb can't understand why I am blasé about new missile graphics but when you're zoomed out hundreds of kilometres so you can see incoming tacklers, watching your overview, keeping an eye on local for spikes, scrolling past pages of mandozer mindfuckporn on the second monitor and all the other stuff that makes up the actual point of Eve then who the fuck is zooming in to see missiles head off to a target?

    Maybe it's a big deal for PvE types searching for something to stave off sleep as they run Mordu's Headhunters for the billionth time, though, I dunno.

  11. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. jimmychrist's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Aug
    Location
    the Clapham omnibus
    Posts
    2,993
    R/P
    2.3631807550952
    Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Endie View Post
    Yeah it points at another pretty meh release. Dbrb can't understand why I am blasé about new missile graphics but when you're zoomed out hundreds of kilometres so you can see incoming tacklers, watching your overview, keeping an eye on local for spikes, scrolling past pages of mandozer mindfuckporn on the second monitor and all the other stuff that makes up the actual point of Eve then who the fuck is zooming in to see missiles head off to a target?

    Maybe it's a big deal for PvE types searching for something to stave off sleep as they run Mordu's Headhunters for the billionth time, though, I dunno.
    And ten years after release the only way to get a "you are here" thingamabob around your ship to locate you in space when zoomed all the fuck out is to use the butt ugly tactical overlay.

    Turrets and missiles are not for the players, it's for the devs who makes the trailers that lie about how the game actually plays.

  12. God damn these electric sex pants Marivauder's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Feb
    Location
    I'm doing Secret Millionaire
    Posts
    3,709
    R/P
    1.6360204906983
    Power
    17
    In this thread Kesper is stealing Torshins job

  13. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Malcanis's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Oct
    Location
    INIT.
    Posts
    4,589
    R/P
    1.0261494879059
    Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyzzz View Post
    Possibly, but I really doubt that given it's still CCP. They still underdelivered what they promised, and huge parts of the game are still broken or useless.

    Also n.b. the missile trails are completely wrong from a physics point of view. Sure they look interesting, and that's okay for a fantasy game but momentum carriers from the exhaust of a rocket undergo free adiabatic expansion. There are no vapor trails in space. /pedant

    EVE ships don't fly in a vacuum, as made obvious by the fact that they have a maximum velocity of a few thousand m/s

  14. Galactic Pot-Healer Mira Z's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Oct
    Posts
    1,634
    R/P
    1.4889840881273
    Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by nokill View Post
    Oh god, they actually want to release this horrifying new inventory system. :\
    There's no way to vocalise how angry this abortion of an 'upgrade' makes me...

  15. I'm Only in It for the Money Grim's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Nov
    Location
    Pizza
    Posts
    3,715
    R/P
    0.39946164199192
    Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mira Z View Post
    There's no way to vocalise how angry this abortion of an 'upgrade' makes me...
    I must have missed this. What is the new inventory system, and what makes it bad?
    If you kill enough of them they stop fighting - Gen. Curtis Lemay
    Fear the KKM

  16. Leader of the Scandinavy Securitas's Avatar
    Joined
    2009 Jul
    Location
    Oh trust me, I am more than special. I'm swedish!
    Posts
    5,518
    R/P
    0.89597680318956
    Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    I must have missed this. What is the new inventory system, and what makes it bad?
    They compress everything (Current ship bay, drone bay, ship hangar, item hangar) into one window. I mean you can split it up but you have to do it every time you open it.

  17. Monalisa Overdrive Mfume's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Jun
    Location
    Spacemoney Venal
    Posts
    1,325
    R/P
    0.44377358490566
    Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Securitas View Post
    They compress everything (Current ship bay, drone bay, ship hangar, item hangar) into one window. I mean you can split it up but you have to do it every time you open it.
    No you don't. Shift+click to open a new window. Drag that new window somewhere else and pin it. It will remember the window was pinned there and always open it for you in station.
    Mfume Apocal - Origin. - Black Legion.

  18. "We need more people like Torshin to fight the coalition"
    Joined
    2007 Jul
    Posts
    1,917
    R/P
    0.085550339071466
    Power
    10

  19. The Empire never ended July's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Jul
    Location
    Black Legion
    Posts
    780
    R/P
    0.31410256410256
    Power
    4
    Anybody else dislike the fact you can't actually see the missiles anymore when you're zoomed out?

    Also, the new inventory is going to take some getting used to...
    [URL="http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=12609601"][ 2012.03.02 08:32:51 ] Kurth Ren > whereas love squad avoids any engagement that is not a onesided curbstomp[/URL]
    [URL="http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=11888507"][ 2012.03.02 08:34:08 ] Kurth Ren > but you are literally arguing with the inventor of broski, you aren't going to win a debate about broski history with me[/URL]
    [URL="http://unidan.net/killboard/?a=kill_related&kll_id=1876"][ 2012.03.02 08:40:48 ] Kurth Ren > it's filled with bitter faggots who would rather be slaves to finns and run at the first sign of a fight then go on ops[/URL]

  20. The Empire never ended July's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Jul
    Location
    Black Legion
    Posts
    780
    R/P
    0.31410256410256
    Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mfume View Post
    No you don't. Shift+click to open a new window. Drag that new window somewhere else and pin it. It will remember the window was pinned there and always open it for you in station.
    Neither pinned or unpinned do the newly created windows stay in place.
    [URL="http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=12609601"][ 2012.03.02 08:32:51 ] Kurth Ren > whereas love squad avoids any engagement that is not a onesided curbstomp[/URL]
    [URL="http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=11888507"][ 2012.03.02 08:34:08 ] Kurth Ren > but you are literally arguing with the inventor of broski, you aren't going to win a debate about broski history with me[/URL]
    [URL="http://unidan.net/killboard/?a=kill_related&kll_id=1876"][ 2012.03.02 08:40:48 ] Kurth Ren > it's filled with bitter faggots who would rather be slaves to finns and run at the first sign of a fight then go on ops[/URL]

  21. "We need more people like Torshin to fight the coalition"
    Joined
    2007 Jul
    Posts
    1,917
    R/P
    0.085550339071466
    Power
    10

  22. Truth. As terrible as death. But harder to find Ymir's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Apr
    Location
    Tengu
    Posts
    996
    R/P
    0.30522088353414
    Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyzzz View Post
    Possibly, but I really doubt that given it's still CCP. They still underdelivered what they promised, and huge parts of the game are still broken or useless.

    Also n.b. the missile trails are completely wrong from a physics point of view. Sure they look interesting, and that's okay for a fantasy game but momentum carriers from the exhaust of a rocket undergo free adiabatic expansion. There are no vapor trails in space. /pedant
    And that´s why nobody likes you BH.


    On topic.. Purdy missiles, cool trailer.

  23. Monalisa Overdrive Mfume's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Jun
    Location
    Spacemoney Venal
    Posts
    1,325
    R/P
    0.44377358490566
    Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by July View Post
    Neither pinned or unpinned do the newly created windows stay in place.
    In station or in space? In space I got it to stay put by linking it with my drone control menu.
    Mfume Apocal - Origin. - Black Legion.

  24. "We need more people like Torshin to fight the coalition"
    Joined
    2007 Jul
    Posts
    1,917
    R/P
    0.085550339071466
    Power
    10

  25. King Dong Rer's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Jun
    Location
    Indiana, United States
    Posts
    2,169
    R/P
    0.49792531120332
    Power
    8
    Ugh, fuck this new inventory system.

  26. The Empire never ended July's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Jul
    Location
    Black Legion
    Posts
    780
    R/P
    0.31410256410256
    Power
    4
    Haha I think Torshin has become unable to cope with Kesper North having beat him to the punch on this thread. I think we're up to 3 threads on the Inferno trailer of various languages.

    On topic: The new inventory is gonna take some getting used to, even if they ever unfuck the pinning.
    [URL="http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=12609601"][ 2012.03.02 08:32:51 ] Kurth Ren > whereas love squad avoids any engagement that is not a onesided curbstomp[/URL]
    [URL="http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=11888507"][ 2012.03.02 08:34:08 ] Kurth Ren > but you are literally arguing with the inventor of broski, you aren't going to win a debate about broski history with me[/URL]
    [URL="http://unidan.net/killboard/?a=kill_related&kll_id=1876"][ 2012.03.02 08:40:48 ] Kurth Ren > it's filled with bitter faggots who would rather be slaves to finns and run at the first sign of a fight then go on ops[/URL]

  27. Monalisa Overdrive Mfume's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Jun
    Location
    Spacemoney Venal
    Posts
    1,325
    R/P
    0.44377358490566
    Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by July View Post
    On topic: The new inventory is gonna take some getting used to, even if they ever unfuck the pinning.
    oh hey they had a functional way to emulate the old inventory system when it was on sisi, but removed it for TQ, just to ensure that everyone is as unhappy as possible at the new system. they also took time out of their busy schedule of rebalancing very few ships to break the approach command.
    Mfume Apocal - Origin. - Black Legion.

  28. King Dong Ron Mexxico's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Mar
    Location
    snigg#1
    Posts
    2,293
    R/P
    3.1679023113825
    Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Mfume View Post
    oh hey they had a functional way to emulate the old inventory system when it was on sisi, but removed it for TQ, just to ensure that everyone is as unhappy as possible at the new system. they also took time out of their busy schedule of rebalancing very few ships to break the approach command.
    now i know why i couldn't approach that rupture. i had to double click in space. was p spacemad at the time

  29. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Kevin's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Jun
    Posts
    871
    R/P
    1.5763490241102
    Power
    5
    How the fuck did they manage that? They weren't even touching that area.

  30. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Malcanis's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Oct
    Location
    INIT.
    Posts
    4,589
    R/P
    1.0261494879059
    Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Mira Z View Post
    There's no way to vocalise how angry this abortion of an 'upgrade' makes me...
    Then you need to realise that you're the kind of person that gets super ultra mega mad over a minor change in a video game.


    PS I quite like the new inventory. I also remember when people were super ultra mega mad over the new font which no now even remembers was changed until I mention it.

  31. King Dong
    Joined
    2010 May
    Posts
    2,120
    R/P
    0.83396226415094
    Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mira Z View Post
    There's no way to vocalise how angry this abortion of an 'upgrade' makes me...
    It takes like 30 minutes to get used to it, then you'll be like v0v.

  32. The Idiot Bastard Son Kanloch's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Mar
    Location
    Lynch Squad
    Posts
    1,471
    R/P
    2.1203263086336
    Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Then you need to realise that you're the kind of person that gets super ultra mega mad over a minor change in a video game.


    PS I quite like the new inventory. I also remember when people were super ultra mega mad over the new font which no now even remembers was changed until I mention it.

    I still prefer the old font

  33. Monalisa Overdrive Mfume's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Jun
    Location
    Spacemoney Venal
    Posts
    1,325
    R/P
    0.44377358490566
    Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    PS I quite like the new inventory. I also remember when people were super ultra mega mad over the new font which no now even remembers was changed until I mention it.
    I was neutral, tending towards positive, about the new inventory on Sisi, because there was a pretty nice degree of customization possible so you could set it up to basically be the old inventory system. The isk value, new sorting options (meta level sorting is joyous), etc. are all fairly nice.

    When they put it on TQ they'd stripped out the ability to customize your setup, forced everything back to default every time you session-changed for what little you could customize, and then I noticed that corp hangar no longer allows tabbed browsing between all the individual hangars. Also, open any inventory inside a deathstar POS and grab a snickers, because you're going to be there for awhile.


    Very annoying.
    Mfume Apocal - Origin. - Black Legion.

  34. Eternal
    Guest
    The trailer itself didn't live out to my expectations. I'm extremely unhappy with this new theme they picked for the trailers starting with Crucible. I miss Dominion/Tyrannis style, those were very good and inspiring. New ones don't capture the feeling the old ones did.

  35. Promiscuous Combat Scrub's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Oct
    Location
    Lost in Space, Please Ignore
    Posts
    470
    R/P
    0.16382978723404
    Power
    4
    It is interesting to read that the new inventory has made bots not work in a variety of ways. Unintentional or not, it's an entertaining side effect.

  36. King Dong Rer's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Jun
    Location
    Indiana, United States
    Posts
    2,169
    R/P
    0.49792531120332
    Power
    8
    You know EVE must be doing pretty well when even IGN writes a favorable article about the game:

    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/...rious-business

  37. Galactic Pot-Healer Mira Z's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Oct
    Posts
    1,634
    R/P
    1.4889840881273
    Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Then you need to realise that you're the kind of person that gets super ultra mega mad over a minor change in a video game..
    That's the point: I'm not that kind of person - that's how bad a change it is.

    POSes are now an absolute nightmare with this system. I'm pretty sure a lot of mild mannered POS managers are tearing their hair out right now...

  38. Impostor n1h1lu5's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Oct
    Location
    Fountain
    Posts
    24
    R/P
    0.54166666666667
    Power
    4
    fuck the new inventory system and the myriad annoyances that it's created...if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

    that is all.

  39. Piper in the Woods andwhatisthis's Avatar
    Joined
    2012 Jan
    Posts
    49
    R/P
    0.6530612244898
    Power
    3
    I actually like the previous missile effects more. I could see my missiles when zoomed out and that helped a lot. Now you can only look at them when zoomed in and they're not even that great. Also vapour in space.

  40. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Quesa's Avatar
    Joined
    2009 Dec
    Location
    Taking wagers on Soho's return to custody.
    Posts
    3,559
    R/P
    1.4953638662546
    Blog Entries
    4
    Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by andwhatisthis View Post
    I actually like the previous missile effects more. I could see my missiles when zoomed out and that helped a lot. Now you can only look at them when zoomed in and they're not even that great. Also vapour in space.
    Completely agree with not being able to see them. Made a post about it but people are dumb.

    https://forums.eveonline.com/default...71&find=unread

  41. Impostor Spurty's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Sep
    Location
    Yehawwwww Americah
    Posts
    22
    R/P
    0.81818181818182
    Power
    4
    Fuck not being able to see them, restore the ability to create book marks from them please!

    Surprise sexing people without needing to probe is what made 250km range cerbs worth undocking in.

    [URL]http://mclean.alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/angry-must-resist-l.png[/URL]

  42. Banned
    Joined
    2011 Dec
    Location
    CDIAT
    Posts
    7,823
    R/P
    1.3067876773616
    Power
    0
    I just logged in last night for the first time in almost a week (too busy getting neck-deep in your mom v0v) and noticed three things, 1) I'm rich for some reason 2) the INFERNO banner no longer pops up on top of my windows when I hit 'Play' in the client so that's neat, and 3) new KMs look pretty cool, no complaints there.

  43. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. jimmychrist's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Aug
    Location
    the Clapham omnibus
    Posts
    2,993
    R/P
    2.3631807550952
    Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by n1h1lu5 View Post
    fuck the new inventory system and the myriad annoyances that it's created...if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

    that is all.
    Chances are they needed to rewrite how the game handles inventory stuff anyway, they're on a huge "get rid of tarballs" high right now. But that said they did get plenty of feedback beforehand that they were about to deliver a massive turd but they went ahead and did it anyway because they are CCP.

  44. Galactic Pot-Healer Mira Z's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Oct
    Posts
    1,634
    R/P
    1.4889840881273
    Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmychrist View Post
    Chances are they needed to rewrite how the game handles inventory stuff anyway, they're on a huge "get rid of tarballs" high right now.
    The new system looks like it's pretty badly coded as well to be honest. Onlining or offlining a POS mod with a capacity lags up my client for about a second as the inventory tries to recalculate the list of things it needs to display.

  45. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Quesa's Avatar
    Joined
    2009 Dec
    Location
    Taking wagers on Soho's return to custody.
    Posts
    3,559
    R/P
    1.4953638662546
    Blog Entries
    4
    Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Mira Z View Post
    The new system looks like it's pretty badly coded as well to be honest. Onlining or offlining a POS mod with a capacity lags up my client for about a second as the inventory tries to recalculate the list of things it needs to display.
    The front end is usually easy to modify and is what we all see. The back end is what I think jimmy is talking about, which probably did need a rewrite. In the end, they'll need to modify it and it will likely have to do with lowering the amount of queries or query size.

  46. Kugutsumen Murr's Avatar
    Joined
    2009 Oct
    Location
    Hatesville
    Posts
    4,331
    R/P
    0.19418148233664
    Blog Entries
    1
    Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyzzz View Post
    Possibly, but I really doubt that given it's still CCP. They still underdelivered what they promised, and huge parts of the game are still broken or useless.

    Also n.b. the missile trails are completely wrong from a physics point of view. Sure they look interesting, and that's okay for a fantasy game but momentum carriers from the exhaust of a rocket undergo free adiabatic expansion. There are no vapor trails in space. /pedant
    All I got from this was woble woble woble


    ~~~~GIMMIE +REP+ GIMMIE~~~~

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •