CEX.io
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

The 99 Percent: Reading this Thread Causes Herpes

1. We're Only in It for the Money UnknownPoster's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Holy shit I actually just read parts of those letters, and I must say. Cuko, how the fuck can you deal with whiney ass bitches like that? This is Eve, not super happy fun time online. Fucking man up pussies.

2. God damn these electric sex pants Marivauder's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Dream has called out Mandozer in the 99 thread

I remember when i called out Securitas in this thread, and Malaclypse moved it so, ON TO THE MANDOZER APPRECIATION THREAD IN THE SCRAPHEAP

3. God damn these electric sex pants Marivauder's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    What am i saying, i love watching people fight over internet pride

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UnknownPoster View Post
    Holy shit I actually just read parts of those letters, and I must say. Cuko, how the fuck can you deal with whiney ass bitches like that? This is Eve, not super happy fun time online. Fucking man up pussies.
    He dealt with it by dropping roles and standing down as military director vOv

Seems that post is cursed...

5. I'm Only in It for the Money Grim's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    So whats the background on 99% leadership bailing anyways? Everyone who had a position seem to have moved on. Except for Dreamtrooper that is, he can't seem to let it go.
    If you kill enough of them they stop fighting - Gen. Curtis Lemay
    Fear the KKM

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    So whats the background on 99% leadership bailing anyways? Everyone who had a position seem to have moved on. Except for Dreamtrooper that is, he can't seem to let it go.
    Xystance had homesickness and RL commitments
    Raynaldo got a new job, and figured if we were going to be in fountain he may as well be in TEST
    Psudo new job plus that wouldn't have ended well
    Trig is in charge now, and has been since we came to fountain.

Military: Xystance origionally took this when he stepped back before going back to TEST
    Then we had Dream who left us for a WH
    Then we had Coreaxe, a guy that had barely even PvP'd before >.<
    then Dreamy poo again, who left us for Bat country
    then Cuko

I'm seriously starting to get abandonment issues...

7. God damn these electric sex pants Marivauder's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Tali View Post
    then Dreamy poo again, who left us for Bat country
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzor View Post
    bat cunt tree

8. Pre-Person
    R/P
    Power
    We got sov.

IMO the moment we left NPC we went a little soft. Whether that was just the huge blues list, or the fact that dear leader of my heart Xystance left I'm not sure, but we went from getting decent fleets on spur of the moment ops up to only getting people when we advertise for a week in advance, and even then havingto start the op an hour late due to people not having the ships we asked them to have ready.

The syndi deployment wass supposed to alleviate this a little, and see if we could get some activity happening by being away from our blues for a while, and being surrounded by nuets, but apparantly isk/h won out, and it is only going to be a short holiday now. So now need to go from stick to carrot and try to work out another way to get people active again.

One thing's for sure. BHD58 have some serious issues. I remember a time on TS3 where a member of High house of shadows and another corporation. Complaining BHD58 members are sending random edicts in alliance mails (I believe it was Thadeous Dalitri) . They were asking Cuko to do something about it. He said something along the lines of "we need more people who are willing to step up. So, i have no issues with it".

Thadeous Dalitri seems way off in his comments. Cuko has been respectful in all the conversations i've had with him and heard. Firm and direct, but respectful. That mail was the first time i know of that he’s went off and in a alliance mail no less.

I'm not sure what happened in Esaeel for sure. I had to go before the fleet left. He was there, but not the fleet commander. A lot of Thadeous Dalitri comments seems wrong. He could be talking about private conversations he's had with cuko.

One thing. As far as i know. Most of the corporations in the alliance were ready to go. Including my own and we were one of the original corporations. The corporations that wanted to stay didn't contribute much. Isk was why cuko was kicked. I still don't understand why he sent that mail. He's not stupid. So why did he do it? He must have known it would make people angry. He's said as much, but that could just be bullshit. Maybe he thought it was the only way to save the alliance. Putting everything into it. Either it worked and the alliance would be better off or it failed and it gives him a excuse to leave before the alliance falls apart.

The mail by Thadeous Dalitri must have given him an excuse to run away and he took it. Which would make him a traitor and all the talk about friends and together was all bullshit.

Anyway. BHD58 is full of idiots. Thadeous Dalitri and his "roams" were a joke and so is he. The alliance could afford to lose his whole corporation, but Cuko is not easily replaced.

About leadership. I like Triget. Most members of 99 percent do and that's about it. Rus is a funny fairy, but not a leader. His fleets are funny, but terrible for the most part. I also believe some of the things in Cuko's original mail is directed towards Rus. Rus has come into alliance chat and blamed others who were not in his fleet. Suggesting it was the reason why the fleet he lead was annihilated. Which is an everyday occurrence in the 99 percent. I have many loss mails being in our fleets.

Kwalevu is a good ceo, but not a good fleet commander and not many members would not like him as alliance leader. If Coku was too firm and too direct. Kwalevu must be the antichrist. PH0ENIX COMPANY is a very good corporation though.

Heh! Isk did win.

R/P
    Power
    LIKE RATS LEAVING A SINKING SHIP
    Xystance has a family and I wasn't gonna put my heart and soul into being Montolio's bitch in any way, shape or form because you fucking nerds folded over for some simple illusion that sov alone was going to improve the alliance. So I bounced and to my surprise made it into BL. Then I felt a touch and felt the calling, to kill faggots en masse. I'm still waiting to do that though . In the mean time, here's to you kid.
    [youtube]KSjJgjvbBBA[/youtube]

10. Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night Viribus's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Loading Mandozer's corp history crashes my client

11. Pre-Person
    R/P
    Power
    We got sov.

IMO the moment we left NPC we went a little soft. Whether that was just the huge blues list, or the fact that dear leader of my heart Xystance left I'm not sure, but we went from getting decent fleets on spur of the moment ops up to only getting people when we advertise for a week in advance, and even then havingto start the op an hour late due to people not having the ships we asked them to have ready.

The syndi deployment wass supposed to alleviate this a little, and see if we could get some activity happening by being away from our blues for a while, and being surrounded by nuets, but apparantly isk/h won out, and it is only going to be a short holiday now. So now need to go from stick to carrot and try to work out another way to get people active again.
    One thing's for sure. BHD58 have some serious issues. I remember a time on TS3 where a member of High house of shadows and another corporation. Were complaining that members of BHD58 are sending random edicts in alliance mails (I believe it was simon and Thadeous Dalitri) . They were asking Cuko to do something about it. He said something along the lines of "we need more people who are willing to step up. So, i have no issues with it".

Anyone who's interacted with Cuko. Would find Thadeous Dalitri comments way off. Cuko has been respectful in all the conversations I've had with him and heard. Firm and direct, but respectful.

I'm not sure what happened in Esaeel. I had to go before the fleet left. Cuko was there, but not the fleet commander. So, alot of Thadeous Dalitri comments seems wrong. He could be talking about private conversations he's had with cuko.

One thing. As far as i know. Most of the corporations in the alliance were ready to go. The corporations that wanted to stay didn't contribute much.

Isk was why cuko was kicked. I still dont understand why he sent that mail. He's not stupid. So why did he do it? He must have known it would make people angry. He's said as much, but that could just be bullshit. Maybe he thought it was the only way to save the alliance. Putting everything into one last move. Either it worked and the alliance would be better off or it failed and it gives him a excuse to leave before the alliance falls apart.

The mail by Thadeous Dalitri must have given him an excuse to run away and he took it. Which would make him a traitor and all the talk about friends and together was all bullshit.

Anyway. BHD58 is full of idiots. Thadeous Dalitri and his "roams" were a joke and so is he. The alliance could afford to lose his whole corporation, but Cuko is not easily replaced.

About leadership. I like Triget. Most members of 99 percent do and that's about it. Rus is a funny fairy, but not a leader or a good pvper. His fleets are funny, but terrible for the most part. I also believe some of the things in Cuko's original mails are directed towards Rus. He has come into alliance chat and blamed allaince member who were online and not in his fleet. Suggesting it was the reason why the fleet he lead was annihilated. Which is a everyday occurrence in the 99 percent. I have many loss mails from many alliance fleets to confirm this.

Kwalevu is a good ceo, but not a good fleet commander and not many members would like him as alliance leader. If Coku was too firm and too direct. Kwalevu must be the antichrist. PH0ENIX COMPANY is a very good corporation though.

Heh! Isk did win.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MandozerTheGreat View Post
    Xystance has a family and I wasn't gonna put my heart and soul into being Montolio's bitch in any way, shape or form because you fucking nerds folded over for some simple illusion that sov alone was going to improve the alliance. So I bounced and to my surprise made it into BL. Then I felt a touch and felt the calling, to kill faggots en masse. I'm still waiting to do that though . In the mean time, here's to you kid.
    [youtube]KSjJgjvbBBA[/youtube]
    Yeah I know, if you recall I wasn't too keen on the fountain situation either, but thought fuck it, whats the worst that could happen.

13. Piper in the Woods
    R/P
    Power
    cuko tried dealing with it by telling people to embrace fascism as alliance philosophy

[spoiler=cuko on alliance ideology and structure]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascist Stratocracy
    Stratocracy (governance):

Stratocracy is a form of military government in which the state and the military are traditionally the same thing and government positions are always occupied by military leaders. The military's political power is supported by law and the society. As such a stratocracy does not have to be autocratic by nature in order to preserve its right to rule.

Culture (Fascism):

Fascism promotes political violence and war, as forms of direct action that create national regeneration, spirit and vitality. Fascists commonly utilize paramilitary organizations for violence against opponents or to overthrow a political system.

Fascism claims to represent a synthesis of cohesive ideas previously divided between traditional political ideologies.[9] To achieve its goals, the fascist state purges forces, ideas, people, and systems deemed to be the cause of decadence and degeneration.[10]

Privateers/Profiteers:

The first sort of commerce raiding was for nations to commission privateers.

Commerce raiding is a form of naval warfare used to destroy or disrupt the logistics of an enemy on the open sea by attacking its merchant shipping, rather than engaging the combatants themselves or enforcing a blockade against them. Usually, commerce raiding is chosen by a weaker naval power against a stronger, or by a nation with little ocean-going trade against one with a great deal.

This quickly became a major commercial enterprise, with privateer vessels, often in groups, being outfitted by venture capital, with investors also sharing in the returns. The practice rapidly spread. A privateer was distinguished from a pirate by the letter of marque, by which the vessel was commissioned as a private man-of-war. Captured vessels and cargo were submitted, in Britain's case, to Admiralty courts, where they might be condemned for sale, or, if the captures were not found to be within the rules of war, they might be released, sometimes with awards for damages.

Militarism/Military (growth & expansion):

maintain a strong military capability and be prepared to use it aggressively to defend or promote national interests. Alternative definitions include "aggressiveness that involves the threat of using military force" the "glorification of the ideals of a professional military class" and the "predominance of the armed forces in the administration or policy of the state" (stratocracy).

Perpetuate Conflict (Third actor):
    Subversion (Awox)
    Espionage

Promote Financial Interest (Asset):
    Planets
    Moon

Board Of Directors (Executor Corporation)

Chairman/Director/Commander-in-chief Trigate*
    -Information/Intelligence Ambassador (Tallianna Avenkarde)
    -Military Director (Cuko)
    -Industrial/Science Director (Blackorin)
    -Information Technology (IT) Director (Drakos Wraith)
    -Finance Director (Gazzini)

Military (Alliance)

Information/Intelligence Ambassador (Tallianna Avenkarde)
    -Diplomat (RUSROG) (Officer)
    -Diplomat (ps3ud0nym) (Officer)
    -Diplomat (Collin Dow) (Officer)
    -Diplomat (Gazzini) (Officer)

Military Director (Cuko)
    - Fleet Commander (Officer) TBA
    - Squad Commader (Officer) TBA

Industry & Science (Division)

Industrial/Science Director (Blackorin) Deadman w0nderland
    - Inventor
    - Researcher
    - Manufacturer
    - Logistics

Information Technology (Division)

Information Technology (IT) Director (Drakos Wraith)
    - System Administrator (Greyfish)
    - System Administrator (ps3ud0nym)
    - System Administrator (Cuko)
    [/spoiler]

in contrast triget (the 99% [s]philosopher king[/s] alliance CEO) had proposed to use medieval Venice is the model for alliance structure

[spoiler=triget on alliance mission and structure (wall of text)]
    On thinking of how our alliance should best be structured and what our long-term direction should be, I considered the many different alliances that have come before us. I also thought about the ideals that started our alliance and how our culture has evolved with new leaders and new corps. Our culture is markedly different from TEST or Goons, which I think is an excellent development. In fact, it is unlike most any alliance I have ever encountered. Drama is dealt with quickly, people don’t troll each other, and despite the recurring threat of failscading we have faced almost monthly, we emerged from that experience wiser and stronger. We still have much to work on, particularly in terms of structure and direction. I balk at the idea of generic alliance labels, pvp vs indy alliance, as all null sec alliances need material flows and active combat to survive. There are many examples of structure and direction out there, but I have yet to find one I found satisfactory. On top of that, I don’t particularly like the idea of simply copying someone else. So, as you may know, I am a PhD student in history. Why using history as a resource never occurred to me before, I do not know. Nonetheless, my particular subject, Renaissance Venice, holds many elements that I think could work quite well for our alliance. The political structure of Venice’s enemies, Byzantines, the Holy Roman Empire or France, is quite similar to the main format of EVE’s nullsec alliances. Venice was founded as a refuge from those major players and used their position and economic power, plus a massive fleet to stay wealthy and independent for more than eight centuries. The world of internet spaceship games is more like maritime city states than land based empires. Regions are archipelagos, constellations island structures. Ships are the means of projecting power. Those land based empires fed off the feudal tenure of peasants and were highly inflexible. Without cities, power was decentralized, and an empire was only as strong as the charisma of the king could make it. Venice was the Serenissima Republica, the most serene republic, and could muster enough power to beat a massive coalition. In terms of goals and structure, there is much to learn from its example.

Let me divide direction from structure and the two should work harmoniously. The alliance serves each corporation and each member, helping each reach its potential. The alliance is sovereign, in that it takes orders from no other organization. While an alliance like our current hosts might be senior partners in a diplomatic arrangement, they do not dictate our policy. We aim to be self-sufficient and to enter diplomacy and partnerships with something to offer. Both combat and industrial aspects of the alliance must coordinate to expand the power and wealth of the alliance. Venice’s power rested on its attractiveness to immigrants and its formidable Arsenale coupled with skilled admirals. Our power should rest on our attractiveness to new and old players, an expansive munitions production and well-trained fleet commanders. Knowing that we are recruiting a wide variety of players, each needs to have a focus, and all need to be able to fight. When we fight as an alliance, the fight must have a reason. Conquest must be for resources, defense to preserve resources.

Our direction demands a threefold approach. First, our alliance should appeal to many players and corps looking for a good home. This I think is more a cultural issue that will be a combination of corporation inclusiveness and a well-organized alliance structure. Letting people know what we are about will be continued through Collin Dow’s excellent propaganda and through our feats on the field. I do think that our corps are capable of expanding and specializing. Our second focus should be our military. This starts at the top. First we need trained and experienced fleet commanders who know the ships. Then we need people in appropriate ships for the bulk of our fleets. Then we need military specialists, scouts, logis, support. Then we need Capitals. But most importantly, we need targets. Our targets should be either invading hostile fleets, strategic assets, or lured hostile fleets for training purposes. For these targets, everybody should fight, because everyone should benefit. The third focus is a vibrant and self-sufficient industrial base that can supply alliance with ships and fits and export the rest. The resources of our space should be exploited to the fullest extent. This should be pursued with the same discipline and clarity of thought as our military operations. While our military acumen will develop and be proven on the field, our industrial acumen will be proven in the ability to be on the field, and then return until our aims are met. By focusing on these three areas, we will grow, prosper and provide a potent asset for our anyone we deem a friend. We should aim for sophistication in our actions. Very well trained fleets with brilliant fleet commanders and innovative approaches; painstakingly planned ops that are executed smoothly and quickly; full T2 Caldari production, capital production. Our arsenal and our fleets run hand in hand, their aims are linked and the direction of the alliance drives and is driven by their development. This is the way Venice flourished, and it is the way we will flourish.

Our structure flows out of the alliances direction. Again, we can borrow from Venice’s example in implementing an alliance structure. Venice had a Doge, a duke, who served as the executive and was appointed by his peers, but the title was not hereditary. While he set the tone for the direction of the state, the management and his advice came from councils whose members were drawn from the major family corporations. Different councils dealt with different matters and there was a major council of wise guys (Savi) who directly advised the Doge. I’m sure you can see how many parallels there are here. Like our direction, our structure should have three main focuses. First, focused externally, we will have a directorate that oversees the way we relate to those outside the alliance. The roles of this directorate are diplomacy, recruitment, propaganda and intelligence. While it would have people in each role, it would have a director and then vice-directors in each role. They would form the council that establishes the policies of the directorate and passes information to the executive. Second, our military command would follow the mold already laid out by Cuko. Once this command structure is in place, we will have a director who works on FC training and fleet theory, a triumvirate of strategic FCs who form the military council and ten tactical FCs under the Triumvirate. The Triumvirate sets up strategic ops that further alliance goals, and the tactical FCs train pilots, and provide combat opportunities. Our third directorate will be our industry, whose roles would be to oversee the many industrial activities and coordinate our ship production. The members of this directorate would deal with mining ops, alliance contracts and market activity, POS management, coordination of T2 production, PI, and the management of alliance assets. The director would oversee the activities of each member of the directorate and set policy in coordination with the directorate and the needs of the military.

These three directorates deal with operations. The last key to the puzzle is alliance politics. We should retain the structure of the CEO councils as the largest deliberative body. They would have a key role in determining the appointment of directors and executives, with the added role of discussing alliance strategic goals. Additionally, the meetings of CEOs are a means of transmitting and enforcing alliance aims through the corporation. Corporations are the lifeblood of the alliance and through them some of our best growth comes. This council will rarely meet, perhaps monthly. The standing council will be the executive council. These people will be the direct advisors to the Executive and be able to make, in coordination with each other, alliance level tactical decisions in the absence of the executive. While the executive would like to be on 23/7, this is not possible, particularly on his sleeping hours. This council will be comprised of three CEOs, nominated by the CEO council, the three branch directors, and three senior advisors of the executive’s choosing. Finally, the executive. His role is grand strategy and firefighting. He points the military at a target, then lets them execute those orders. He does the high level diplomancy and approves new corporations.
    [/spoiler]

triget's approach to alliance leadership has been too passive and consensus oriented for my taste and he should in my opinion have communicated much more frequently with the alliance membership (the alliance underwent major changes without any official word from leadership).

but telling EVE players (in a "casual" alliance named "The 99 Percent" of all things) that being fascists is now cool, that the purging of "forces, ideas, people, and systems" is the new approach towards creation of a defining alliance culture, all while writing alliance mails that are bound to prompt Downfall comparisons went a far stretch beyond merely replacing one evil with another by overshooting a generally reasonable target.

edit:
    As I wrote a few pages and well over a month ago - 99% has/had serious problems filling leadership positions. Triget, cuko, pseudonym, RUSROG, ... are good people and their views are usually reasonable once you start to understand where they are coming from. But none of them are great leaders and every single one of them didn't want a leadership position in 99% and had to be convinced to accept one (mostly through the sheer lack of alternatives).
    What 99% is entirely lacking is any sort of "natural" leader who people feel comfortable rallying behind.

Maybe steering through all this drama will make triget a more self-assured and overall harsher alliance CEO. He is intelligent, perceptive and has great diplomatic skills. But he needs somebody with more (preferably RL) leadership experience and charisma to complement him. That's my 2 cents and all I had left to say on this whole 99% matter.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by hakona View Post
    cuko tried dealing with it by telling people to embrace fascism as alliance philosophy

[/spoiler]

in contrast triget (the 99% [s]philosopher king[/s] alliance CEO) had proposed to use medieval Venice is the model for alliance structure

[/spoiler]

triget's approach to alliance leadership has been too passive and consensus oriented for my taste and he should in my opinion have communicated much more frequently with the alliance membership (the alliance underwent major changes without any official word from leadership).

but telling EVE players (in an alliance named "The 99 Percent" of all things) that being fascists is now cool, that the purging of "forces, ideas, people, and systems" is the new approach towards creation of a defining alliance culture, all while writing alliance mails that are bound to prompt Downfall comparisons went a far stretch beyond merely replacing one evil with another by overshooting a generally reasonable target.
    Yeah that one was a bit.... overboard. Thank fuck it never caught on.

15. We're Only in It for the Money UnknownPoster's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Except for Dreamtrooper that is, he can't seem to let it go.
    Yeah man I'll never leave my post as.... Wait...

16. I'm Only in It for the Money Grim's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Yeah man I'll never leave my post as.... Wait...
    Its OK. Maybe they will let you in 1 more time so you can finish running it into the ground.
    Fear the KKM

17. A game of cat and also cat Bowkers's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I don't get people having drama in this game. To me its: get a group of guys together, get killed, shrug shoulders, repeat. If you get a whiny bitch, kill him. Problem solved.

18. We're Only in It for the Money UnknownPoster's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopin View Post
    I don't get people having drama in this game. To me its: get a group of guys together, get killed, shrug shoulders, repeat. If you get a whiny bitch, kill him. Problem solved.
    Some people just have it set in their brain that drama is a requirement. People like Grim who either make accusations without supporting arguements, or Mandozer who spergpost about things they know nothing about. Eve will always have people who create drama. However, I must add that said drama can provide entertainment from time to time.

19. God damn these electric sex pants Marivauder's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Some people just have it set in their brain that drama is a requirement. People like Grim who either make accusations without supporting arguements, or Mandozer who spergpost about things they know nothing about. Eve will always have people who create drama. However, I must add that said drama can provide entertainment from time to time.
    Raven, Drake, 1 haven, 10 minutes, same guy

Just Saying

20. Pre-Person
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by hakona View Post

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

but telling EVE players (in a "casual" alliance named "The 99 Percent" of all things) that being fascists is now cool, that the purging of "forces, ideas, people, and systems" is the new approach towards creation of a defining alliance culture, all while writing alliance mails that are bound to prompt Downfall comparisons went a far stretch beyond merely replacing one evil with another by overshooting a generally reasonable target.

edit:
    As I wrote a few pages and well over a month ago - 99% has/had serious problems filling leadership positions. Triget, cuko, pseudonym, RUSROG, ... are good people and their views are usually reasonable once you start to understand where they are coming from. But none of them are great leaders and every single one of them didn't want a leadership position in 99% and had to be convinced to accept one (mostly through the sheer lack of alternatives).
    What 99% is entirely lacking is any sort of "natural" leader who people feel comfortable rallying behind.

Maybe steering through all this drama will make triget a more self-assured and overall harsher alliance CEO. He is intelligent, perceptive and has great diplomatic skills. But he needs somebody with more (preferably RL) leadership experience and charisma to complement him. That's my 2 cents and all I had left to say on this whole 99% matter.
    Are you serious? The only "good leaders" this alliance has had was Xystance <3 and Cuko. Both have extensive pvp knowledge and experience. Cuko clearly has more. Both instilled confidence in those they lead and were liked. Cuko built an alliance. While Xystance lead a funny movement. I like Xystance alot more than Cuko, but Cuko ran the alliance without being called "alliance leader" and was great at it. Triget doesn't instill confidence, but alot of members like him. The others are not worth mentioning.

I mean, really? Ps3ud0nym, Are you serious? I wrote you off when you mentioned Ps3ud0nym. No one really likes or dislikes Ps3ud0nym. He instills no confidence and his experience is a joke.

I like Rusrog, but that's it!

Looking @ the different ideologies is strange. Cuko's seems like a bunch of definitions. If he believes the alliance should be that way is not clear, but now I understand why some of our Teamspeak channels have german names = /
    Trigets write up differs greatly. If they truly believe in those ideologies. How did they even get along?

Trigets write up is clear.
    Cuko defined stratocracy and fascism. Then, in the proceeding bullet points. Only discribes military related goals. I'm not sure the references to "stratocracy" and "fascism" are important.

Anyway. Not many alliances have "Great leaders". Few do. Not many alliance have good leaders. Few do, but there are many bad corporation and alliance leaders. The 99 percent will not get another one. We were lucky to have Xystance <3 and we lucked out with Cuko. Someone who Xystance recruited personally. Trigets biggest mistake was kicking Cuko. I think he did. It's hard for me to believe that someone who worked so hard to make this alliance work. Would just leave like that. If he did give up. Then he's not the person I thought he was.

R/P
    Power
    So wait am I to understand that ps3ud0nym is not in a leadership position in 99%? I'm starting to like 99% a lot more now.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

22. I'm Randy Butternubs DurrHurrDurr's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Give me CEO of 99%. I'll do great things with it.

23. I'm Only in It for the Money Grim's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Dreamtrooper stands for competence and no drama. Leadership we can all believe in.
    Fear the KKM

24. God damn these electric sex pants Marivauder's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinli mei View Post
    So wait am I to understand that ps3ud0nym is not in a leadership position in 99%? I'm starting to like 99% a lot more now.
    I killed his Proator at a pos that had no shield a while ago, then he sperged in local about how i killed him when his POS shield is up, and raged for about 10minutes and even petitioned it, i just found it hilarious that he didn't know how to setup a pos bubble properly

R/P
    Power
    I told him to stop posting once, and he sperged so hard he even put me on a "shoot blues list". He's hilarious.
    Turning pretend colourblind angels from spaceship to madship samurais, one post at a time.

26. The Indefatigable Frog
    R/P
    Power
    Ok, where to start..
    stfu scrub.
    Who whelped the entire fleet? I'm sure Monkey Circus was happy for the free kills. What did you think was gonna happen?

Was saying perhaps one could have picked up the damn batphone to another alliance other than TEST, who is known to be on deployment up north. Planning fail. Strategy fail. Target choice fail. Execution fail. Op fail. FC fail. Final score: lol fail.

R/P
    Power
    I get that you are responding to Chopin and shit but honestly, its only to beat your gay ass drum again. I don't know what you are doing in EVE these days but it must not be shit if you are sperging on kugu about other peoples business.

28. We're Only in It for the Money UnknownPoster's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I get that you are responding to Chopin and shit but honestly, its only to beat your gay ass drum again. I don't know what you are doing in EVE these days but it must not be shit if you are sperging on kugu about other peoples business.
    I don't know where you get the idea that I'm sperging, I speak in this thread because I have many friends in the alliance. Not because I feel I should be militairy director, a position I stepped down from willingly, because I don't have the time for it. As far as getting into other peoples business is concerned, I believe when people begin mentioning me, it becomes my business, does it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Marivauder View Post
    I killed his Proator at a pos that had no shield a while ago, then he sperged in local about how i killed him when his POS shield is up, and raged for about 10minutes and even petitioned it, i just found it hilarious that he didn't know how to setup a pos bubble properly
    He patitioned it, without realizing what he had done wrong. Basically he forgot to set a pos shield password. Even he had a bit of a laugh when he figured it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinli Mei
    Indeed, Trigit of "Deadman Wonderland" is now in charge of things. As said above he does a good job but if their was any fault with him, it is being "Too Lenient". He's a good man though, he'll do well for himself, even if 99 fails, his corp would make a decent addition to any alliance.

R/P
    Power
    I don't know where you get the idea that I'm sperging, I speak in this thread because I have many friends in the alliance. Not because I feel I should be militairy director, a position I stepped down from willingly, because I don't have the time for it. As far as getting into other peoples business is concerned, I believe when people begin mentioning me, it becomes my business, does it not?
    Please keep telling us more, I'm sure that'll make people like me and others on this forum care even more about your code of posting honor on kugu. God forbid someone says your name and it goes unanswered.

30. Electric Ant
    R/P
    Power
    This is RUSROG.

I was target calling for the fleet that was welped. I have fraps footage of it. I've rewatched it dozens of times to see where I went wrong.

Here is what happened:

1) Fleet lands ~70km from POS. Orbits me, and we proceed to take it down.
    2) 2 minutes pass, dreads are cynoed in. Local is all blue, except for one guy sitting in the pos.
    3) Local jumps by 1, our gate scout reports a frigate.
    4) It warps onto our dreads, and pops cyno (100km away from subcap fleet)
    5) Tali is FC at this moment.
    6) Cuko yells for fleet to warp to Triget - we cannot warp we are too close.
    7) Talli tells everyone to warp to our cyno which is 400km away. We warp to it, and than warp again to the last dread alive. We are at range and try and take shots at the armor fleet. It was pointless.
    8) We warp out.
    9) Cuko writes in Fleet Directors Chat: "Welp. The fleet"
    10) Cuko warps the fleet to 0 on the enemy fleet. We die horribly.

Pretty stupid imo. Why not warp at range? Why whelp an entire subcap fleet when it could have engaged in long range warfare, out of max dps range of lasers? We had logi, we had range. We didn't use any of it.

I called Cuko out on failing in our general ts channel. People backed me up, and I was told to "shut the fuck up, you don't know what you are talking about".

I spend 2 more days battling with Cuko on how to treat people, and that his attitude is intolerable.

I drop roles and leave 99%.

~~

I'm no leader, I'm still new to the game - however I think that people in the 99 will not want to be part of an organization that is ruled by Cuko. There are other alliances out there that cater to that, and other structures that exist with those ideals. We are not like that, we have fun, chill - don't post dicks all the time, and enjoy running our fleets. When I do FC it's for fun, hence I try out new fits every time I can. The one time I did lose my temper was because a fleet of 15 jumps into our home system and only 10 (out of the 16 people in local) volunteered to clear them out. Even when we were very close to breaking their tank, the care bears continued care bearing and that resulted in a very narrow loss for us. I did lose it, I raged - because if you don't have the decency to undock in a battlecruiser to fight for 10 minutes - but will continue to rat in a tengu while the battle is going on, I don't want to be part of that.

I think bringing people into the just to fill positions - is wrong.We need to grow our own people and learn our own way - we stay together, and develop our own culture. If we can keep dying and still have a positive attitude to it - a learning experience, I think we'll be fine - we just need time.

31. Electric Ant
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbritches View Post
    Who whelped the entire fleet? I'm sure Monkey Circus was happy for the free kills. What did you think was gonna happen?

Was saying perhaps one could have picked up the damn batphone to another alliance other than TEST, who is known to be on deployment up north. Planning fail. Strategy fail. Target choice fail. Execution fail. Op fail. FC fail. Final score: lol fail.
    I've said this, time and time again - and have told Cuko that it was wrong. He never admitted his mistake. He yelled, shouted and paraded that it was everyone else's fault. And then writes walls of texts how we are all bad at pvp and how he is the best.

I'm not a military director, but I think it takes common sense to understand that Hitler had to go.

32. The Indefatigable Frog
    R/P
    Power
    Last couple of months have been a bit like the wheels are coming off the train. 99% keeps swerving around with little direction or incentive to do the things that really need to be done. Attempting to take moons from another alliance was way premature. There are issues just getting people to undock for local defense. The POs shoot fleet fielded was not appropriate for the task. Drakes and Canes for a POS shoot, lol. Some people still can't seem to figure out how not to die badly.

All of these things can be corrected. But going off willy-nilly around the south-west of New Eden isn't going to help. Focus on the small gang stuff and not dieing so much. Figure out how the ship works. Oh, yeah. And try undocking for pvp once in a while.

33. Impostor
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by DurrHurrDurr View Post
    I don't know about Alliance CEO, but UHF is currently accepting applications from DurrHurrDurrs.

The sad part is that our posting quality would go up tenfold. Also, we'd have a decent FC.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbritches View Post
    Last couple of months have been a bit like the wheels are coming off the train. 99% keeps swerving around with little direction or incentive to do the things that really need to be done. Attempting to take moons from another alliance was way premature. There are issues just getting people to undock for local defense. The POs shoot fleet fielded was not appropriate for the task. Drakes and Canes for a POS shoot, lol. Some people still can't seem to figure out how not to die badly.

All of these things can be corrected. But going off willy-nilly around the south-west of New Eden isn't going to help. Focus on the small gang stuff and not dieing so much. Figure out how the ship works. Oh, yeah. And try undocking for pvp once in a while.

Give us some credit, drakes and nagas vOv

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by DurrHurrDurr View Post
    Recruitment is always open for Durrhurrdurrs

R/P
    Power
    Ok ok, to the outsiders looking in and making all their comments I'd first like to say, there is a lot of good advice inm this thread, and we are taking it down and trying to learn from it.

Ok so IMO the only "failure" we have had so far is the aridia moon op, and so what, we whelped like 5 caps and a mediocre BC fleet. Why does that suddenly equal a fail cascade?

At the end of the day, we are a fail alliance of hisec/nub denizens and the very fact that we haven't been rofflestomped or trolled out of null is something to be proud of. So what we are going to do in the future?

Easy, we are going to embrace that, and go back to our roots. Recruit more hisec bros, and fill fountain with horrible t1 losses.
    So sorry, but rumours of us hitting the disband butan are grossly exagerated...

37. lolwhoami
    So I felt the need to chime in here. I am also writing this from a phone so I apologize for typos.

A bit of a disclaimer first. I have no position of importance in 99 percent but wanted to say something. I am a recently resubbed player whose primary goal this time around was to try making a living in null space. I've done so with no prior pvp experience. I had a rl friend already present in 99 percent so my choice of where to call home was an easy one. Despite the growing pains, frustrating ship loses (mostly my own dumb fault) I have greatly enjoyed my short time thus far in this alliance, much more so than any others I have been in. We may not be good at eve, we may have our lolfails, we may still have carebear habits, but most of us are trying, learning. Most of all, we have fun. Regardless of if succeed or fail in achieving our goals, I think the majority will be able to say they will had fun while it lasted. I feel, at least for me, the opinions and words of the naysayers in largely irrelevant to us. We simply don't give a damn.

*Now at home on my computer and edited for typos and a bit of clarity, maybe. The android browser has a hell of a time with the text box here so trying to fix anything was just annoying.

38. The Idiot Bastard Son Kanloch's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I know this is largely offtopic, but doesn't this thread fit under the category of alliance thread?
    (and thus fall under the "Alliances' Shitposting Central" banner)

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by lolwhoami View Post
    So i felt the needto chime in here. I am also writing this from a phone so i apologize for typos.

A bit of a disclaimer first. I have no position of importance in 99 percent but felt the need to say something. I am a recently resubbed player whos primary goal this time around was to try making a living.in null space. Ive done so with no prior pvp experience. I had a rl friend already present in99 percent so my choice of where to call home was an easy one. Despite the learning pains, frustrating ship loses(mostly my own dumb fault) i have greatly enjoyed my short time thus far in this alliance, much more so than any others i have been in. We may not be good at eve, we may have our lolfails, we may still have carebear habits, but most of us are trying, learning. Most of all, we have fun. Whether we succeed or fail in achieving our goals, i think the majority can say they will have had fun while it lasted. I feel, atleast for me, the opinions and words of the naysayera in largely irrelevant to us. We simply don't give a damn.
    This man has the true heart of a 99percenter. Its what the dream is all about baby.

R/P
    Power
    This man has the true heart of a 99percenter. Its what the dream is all about baby.
    DAWWWW

I thought we were dead to you..

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanloch View Post
    I know this is largely offtopic, but doesn't this thread fit under the category of alliance thread?
    (and thus fall under the "Alliances' Shitposting Central" banner)
    Proabably, but it started as a battle report and quickly devolved into people taking bets on when ouur fail cascade will be.

R/P
    Power
    So they sent a new alliancewide mail, and I've got no choice but to answer to their so dear letter.

To: wholealliance
    Header: Kugu, nulli spies

So yeah, on the Kugu Front, there's been a lot of shit posts lately. The 99 thread has sort of blown up, which is cool, apparently people care enough to sperg out over us. Also, there've been a lot of Alliance mails being posted supposedly ripped from Nulli's forums. I'd like to take this moment to remind you that Alliance mails will probably make it into the public, or at least be seen by others. Post accordingly.

That's not really why I wanted to write this though, The real reason I wanted to write this was to adress Nulli spies, and other Alliance's spies in general:

Dear Spies,
    We're bad. You know it, We know it, There's no beating around the bush here. However, you still exist and that means something. To me, it means that we matter enough to you that you would waste time and money on characters to infiltrate our alliance. Honestly, thank you.

You are not waste, you are the butter on my popcorn.
    I am glad you realized how bad cuko was and Thadeous seems to be a very good replacement(and a VERY interesting and good typer)

-Luve From Tobby and this Nulli you speak of

R/P
    Power
    Bad spais are bad, there is no replacement.

44. The Alien Mind
    R/P
    Power
    Part 1
    I've been getting alot of eve mails from random alts asking "what happened" lately. Apparently they're doing investigative journalism... Since I'm not able to block these bitches fast enough. You know, without blocking everyone.

I decided to write up what I've done while in The 99 Percent.

When I accepted the postion of military director. The 99 Percent had no uniformity and who was incharge of the alliance was debatable. There appeared to be some sort of federation or council formed without Xystance. Who was a autocrat (dictator for those who're slow). The council was dominated by individuals with a primarly industrial background.

Do I need to explain that councils, democracies and federations do not work in this game?
    Close to half of the corporations within the alliance consider themselves industrial corporations (40%). Most of the other corporations are, mixed, industrial and player versus enviroment. There were only 2 or 3 dedicated player versus player corporations (initial move to fountain). Now there's just 2.

The 99 Percent was not a player versus player alliance. Which is what Xystance said to me in our initial conversation. However, he did say he was training them and they were bad...

So, the first thing I asked, before accepting the postion. Was to consolidate the alliance into one constilation. I then quoted Sun Tzu.

" The art of war is of vital importance to the State. It is a matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence it is a subject of inquiry which can on no account be neglected. "

To convey to Triget something that has been neglected since the alliances inception (allaince = state).

See! 40 percent of the alliance was in one location and another 40 percent in the unicorn constilation (industrial corporations). The other 20 percent were sprinkled all over fountain. The 99 Percent had no official policies or rules. Pilots and corporations could do whatever they wanted and did. Arguments would break out. Alliance members shooting each other. Members stealing from another corporations member within the alliance. People all over the place with no idea what the alliance is doing or what is expected of them. I spoke with the Ceo's and directors of many of the corporations and they were not only pessimistic. A few of them talked about leaving.

So, no matter what I was able to do on the military side of things. Which was limited to either focusing on solo and small gang with 2 or 4 other pilots who were the most competent. That would not really improve the alliance as a whole (I would have enjoyed that alot more though). Basically sprinkling gold on shit.

So I made a concerted effort to reorganize and restructer the alliance in a month ( hard mode and not fun at all). When that was all done and the foundation in place (phase 1). The proceeding time would be spent improving the combat experience of ALL our pilots and fleet commanders. I expected this to take 1 - 2 years.

Edit: I'll go into a little more detail, on part one (extended) and how it was done. Most of it required me to spend days chatting with ceo's and directors. Taking their input on alliance policies, rules and its direction. Doing whatever they needed done as quickly as possible to placate and instill confidence in leadership and The 99 Percent. So, you know!? They wont leave and shit. I'll also go into why this not so serious thing that Xystance created. Decided to go for sov. Which is serious mode and not expect it to be serious or hard. Should have stayed in npc null or low sec if they wanted fun and easier mode. Most still dont understand the difference for the most part. Anywho, gotta go to work and make da paper.

45. Truth. As terrible as death. But harder to find Seymore Graves's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by cuko View Post
    I then quoted Sun Tzu.
    This is the part where you went wrong.

R/P
    Power
    I then quoted Sun Tzu.

" The art of war is of vital importance to the State. It is a matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence it is a subject of inquiry which can on no account be neglected. "

To convey to Triget something that has been neglected since the alliances inception (allaince = state).
    Tell us more about video game alliances and their direct comparisons to ancient real world government systems...

47. The Alien Mind
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymore Graves View Post
    This is the part where you went wrong.
    Triget studies history (easier than a long explanation) and there's alot of literature applicable to Eve-online.

Part 1 extended...

Ship replacement program:

Ever since joining The 99 percent. I was told a ship replacement program is the most important endeavor for any alliance. Apparently, a allaince is considered a "fail allaince" without one. I had a different view based on my own experience. There are many alliances and corporations where individual is required to be self sufficient. Most of those entities are successful. However, it was explained to me. Pilots would be more inclined to train for a specific doctrine (ships). I then asked. Wouldn't a pilot or corporation interest align with our alliance? Answer: Most pilots are not able to log on enough to sustain many losses or earn enough isk. I said. True! However, you should only undock what you're able to lose. With that all said. Thier argument was reasonable. I liked the part about pilots getting free ships. I still dissagreed, but incorporated a ship replacement program into the allainces direction.

Moons:

Serious question. How's the alliance suppose to fund a ship replacement program?

That would require alot of annual (weekly, monthly) income. The constilation we were given was worthless. TEST would still control moons of any value. So, I asked for our industrial corporations input on the subject. Out of all the proposed ideas. Planetary interaction made the most sense and the best option for an allaince our size with our limited capabilities. I asked one of the alliance corporation to crunch the numbers and send me a write up or contact me when they've figure it out. They did and I contacted 2 other members who knew were knowledgeable on the subject to confirm. The task would be difficult to organize, but feasible. While in the process of forwarding this endeavour. I was informed it would require to much work (I got the, that sounds retarded vibe) and we should focus on moons. I accepted and incorporated capturing and holding moons into the alliances direction.

This was why Aridia came about. Ship replacement program = Moons = Aridia...

Sovereignty:

I was against the whole thing. One or 2 corporations didn't think it was a good idea too. However, the majority of our pilots and corporations (99 percent lol) were really enthralled with the idea. My initial argument against having sovereignty was this. @ the time. We were guest of test. We have all the benifits of living in fountain, with little to no responsiblity. Also, The 99 Percent was and is being used by TEST as meat shields against: GaNg BaNg TeAm, The G0dfathers, Confederation of xXPIZZAXx, and V.L.A.S.T. Accepting sov would make us pets and seriously subject to the whim of TEST. As guest we could do as we pleased for the most part.

As I've said. The constilation TEST intended for us to hold is worthless. They control all the moons of any value and had no intention of given The 99 Percent a station system. The constellation is located on one of the main routes; in and out of fountain. Being used as shields against Nulli secunda and Nemesis. Only a fool or someone with limited knowledge of the area. Would think this was beneficial to The 99 Percent.

Sovereignty was also used as a argument for those who were too lazy to recruit.

Meh! The mojority of the alliance wanted Sovereignty. I doubt many of them understood the situation, but we couldn't leave fountain. Doing so, would break the alliance. Also. What would TEST have done if we decided not to take the constilation? Meh! So I defaulted to the side of our pilots and corporations. No other choice anyways...

Summary:

Other than structuring alliance leadership (hierarchy), along with Triget. Restricting the number of corporations allowed to join the alliance (no jews or fatties). Consolidating our corporations into one constellation and orchestrating corporate mergers (corporate consolidation). Putting together a doctrine, fleet command, with 15 - 25 fleet commanders training and gaining experience. The alliance direction, policies and rules. Came primarly from the input of Ceo's and directors of corporations within the alliance. Oh! Talli's postion was extended and created from the input of ceo's and directors also. They wanted better communication and more information, internally. Those directly below Talli are suppose to work with and to help him in that endeavor. @ the time. I was the only one chatting with ceo's, directors and pilots consistently everyday about the alliance. I knew all of this effort (18 hour days) was successful in our alliance meeting close to the end of phase 1 (march). The reward was our ability to field 35 - 45 pilots in short notice and 50 - 65 (weekend) in The 99 Percent's prime time. April was suppose to be phase 2. Focuse on aquiring assets and increasing the combat experience of our pilots and fleet commanders. I was looking @ a 1 - 2 year time frame for the whole experience part.

48. The church of Batman the redeemer needs you
    R/P
    Power
    as you can see there is a DIRECT CORRELATION
    Attachment 2828

49. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Checkbox Poll's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    BAWWWW TEST DIDNT GIVE US A TECH MOON AND MORE SPACE FOR FREE

k got it