CEX.io

Please support this

1. Former Former Community Manager and Former Chief Senior Analyst Vinata's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    I think rats in 0.0 haven't made sense to me for a long time. So I made a post about it in the CSM's Assembly Hall.. I know it isn't related to the PvP that our site loves so much, but I think it'll help the game out. Please give it a like and comment on it.
    ?"eve's a bad mmo, really bad, it's only saving grace is the people playing it, which i guess doesn't say great things about the people playing other MMOs"

2. The Empire never ended Grogoth's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Posted for you bro, hope it helps
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3. Former Former Community Manager and Former Chief Senior Analyst Vinata's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Thanks Grogoth.
    ?"eve's a bad mmo, really bad, it's only saving grace is the people playing it, which i guess doesn't say great things about the people playing other MMOs"

4. We're Only in It for the Money pinoyzzz's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I would post to support it if I was subbed, fuck the haters.

5. Truth. As terrible as death. But harder to find Brooks Puuntai's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    The idea seems to be going well.
    [B]Join the hunt for Ransomlist! Help us find the Number One Kugu poster!
    [URL="http://Join the hunt for Ransomlist! Help us find the Number One Kugu poster! http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread.php?11270-RansomList-has-gone-AWOL"]http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread.php?11270-RansomList-has-gone-AWOL[/URL][/B]

6. Former Former Community Manager and Former Chief Senior Analyst Vinata's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    I am shocked that PvPers aren't supporting a PvE idea.

7. The Empire never ended Grogoth's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    That idea probably benefits "PVPers" more than anyone else, as it affects nullsec.

The point is, your idea is ridiculously shit, so let's dissect it a bit;

1) Small roaming pirate gangs. They travel from system to system, checking out belts and when they find something they tackle and kill it. Defense fleets can form up to destroy them, and it'll also kill bots. Who doesn't love it when a bot dies?
    lolwut

2) Mining ops. Pirates need to mine too I guess. Have them have mining ops, complete with defense fleets. After a certain amount of mining done, they all warp off. It gives roaming gangs something to kill when they can't find any players, and can probably be lucrative. You've already got hauler spawns - maybe there should be a reason those haulers are chilling out in a belt.
    if our alliance doesn't mine, why in the fuck would the rats mine?

3) Shooting structures or something. No wait, don't do this as it means repairing structures and that isn't fun. Ignore this.
    THANKS FOR POSTING

4) Let rats in the belts warp to fights that are happening in their system. They're pirates! Pirates love blowing things up, right?
    oh man, great idea, that is what we need - more lag

5) Thunderdomes - Every now and then you could encounter a belt where pirates are blowing each other up because they're so bored of just hanging out in a belt all day. Make them blow up each other's wrecks too. That way players don't profit from the pirates having fun.
    yeah, pirates that kill themselves and kill their wrecks, man, that adds a lot to the gameplay experience

6) Smack talk - I dunno this idea is probably dumb but maybe if they taunted players they were shooting at? "Yarr, we've got you now!"
    fyp

7) Give most frigate and cruiser rats the ability to tackle. This is another thing that'll kill bots, and it'll also give roaming gangs (the player kind) chances to kill players who aren't catching on to the tackling thing. Such as bots!
    EXCELLENT IDEA, except it already mostly exists in non-caldari space

GREAT THREAD VINATA, THANKS FOR POSTING
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

8. Former Former Community Manager and Former Chief Senior Analyst Vinata's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Thanks for the criticism. I have taken it into account and edited the post.

9. Leader of the Scandinavy Securitas's Avatar
    Oh trust me, I am more than special. I'm swedish!
    R/P
    Power
    There's definitely changes I would prefer to this but it's not a horrible idea. I supported you.

10. Former Former Community Manager and Former Chief Senior Analyst Vinata's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Thank you Securitas. I don't expect it to take priority over almost anything for most people.

11. Truth. As terrible as death. But harder to find Brooks Puuntai's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    The core of the idea is good, making NPCs and the events surrounding them more dynamic. Though some of the ideas seem to be more for the immersion factor then game play reasons.

Really CCP just needs to quit being pussies and add a form of sleeper AI to 0.0 NPCs. That would shake things up a bit. Though to add to your idea, you could have rats randomly call in back up while your fighting them. Hot dropping NPCs would be comical as hell.
    [B]Join the hunt for Ransomlist! Help us find the Number One Kugu poster!
    [URL="http://Join the hunt for Ransomlist! Help us find the Number One Kugu poster! http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread.php?11270-RansomList-has-gone-AWOL"]http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread.php?11270-RansomList-has-gone-AWOL[/URL][/B]

12. Tū-whakaheke-tangata xutech's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    I have posted my support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

13. How to Build a Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later El Space Mariachi's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Heart's in the right place. Not sure about your suggestions, but the current thing doesn't really make sense "oh yeah hey let's just the three of us chill here and wait for well-fitted capsuleer to kill us k"

14. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. jimmychrist's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    NPC's scramming more often would go a long way towards catching ratters

15. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Mr Coloredshirt's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    just join faction warfare and kill other actual players for an LP reward.

16. The church of Batman the redeemer needs you Elise Randolph's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    On the one hand I think the idea is neat, or at least the general concept is. In the ideal Eve world alliance level isk would flow from the bottom up instead of the top down, which essentially means there needs to be more PvE /things/. While NPC AI changes could be construed as in line with this, beltratting is one of the lower rungs of PvE; anomalies are way more popular. So while I agree that PvE needs love, I'd rather have some hip and fly replacement for 0.0 beltratting instead of augmenting it.
    True, I have raped history, but it has produced some beautiful offspring

R/P
    Power
    Ratting is too unintuitive. Bumped it up.

R/P
    Power
    I remember running ninja-plexing gangs into SOLAR-controlled Geminate. It was kinda cool and I wish there was more reason to do stuff like that (i.e. something a minor step down from incursions in terms of difficulty, but slightly more difficult and guaranteed payout compared to normal escalations).

Vinata's ideas are mostly bad.
    Mfume Apocal - Origin. - Black Legion.

19. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Mr Coloredshirt's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter Belmont View Post
    Ratting is too unintuitive. Bumped it up.
    Unintuitive?

20. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    I'd like to see the rats get sleeper AI with much higher bounties per rat. They'd need their spawn numbers cut some (or remain about as heavy hitting as they are now) to make it worth the bother. It would certainly be less boring than scoop drones - get aggro - launch and attack with drones - stare at rats exploding - rinse/repeat.

R/P
    Power
    There's alot of great ideas on how to make npc's better. All such ideas are flawed almost from the start. The problem is that all of these ideas attempt the impossible....making npcs behave more like humans. NPC's are not a substitute for humans. I recognize NPC's were once a necessary evil. I think we're passed that point in eve's life cycle.

Eve pve cannot be saved, however it fills a gap. The gap must be narrowed or even closed. A better world is one without the need for npcs. The beginning is to identify what roles npc's play and finding ways shift those risk/rewards onto player based activity.

Notice a trend in the FW overhaul? People are being rewarded for killing less npcs and more players. This is 100% the direction eve needs to go.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyncognito View Post
    Notice a trend in the FW overhaul? People are being rewarded for killing less npcs and more players. This is 100% the direction eve needs to go.
    The amount of LP they get for most kills is minuscule compared to how much they get for "plexing" which is pushing a button and orbitting while perma-tanking rats.

23. Leader of the Scandinavy Securitas's Avatar
    Oh trust me, I am more than special. I'm swedish!
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Mfume View Post
    The amount of LP they get for most kills is minuscule compared to how much they get for "plexing" which is pushing a button and orbitting while perma-tanking rats.
    Not anymore.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Securitas View Post
    Not anymore.
    Have you even looked that formula for LP payouts?

Destroying an Abaddon fitted with tech 2 mods: gained LP = ( 196m ISK – 161m ISK + 46m ISK + 0 ) / 10000 = 8100 LP (previous system would have paid 500 LP)
    Destroying a Machariel fitted with tech 2 mods: gained LP = (1.170m ISK – 95m ISK + 40m ISK + 0 ) / 10000 = 111500 LP (previous system would have paid 750 LP)
    Destroying a Providence with 1 b full of cargo: gained LP = (1115m ISK – 839m ISK + 0 + 1000m ISK ) / 10000 = 127600 LP (previous system would have paid 2000 LP)
    Destroying a Punisher with tech 1 fitting: gained LP = (450k ISK – 312k ISK + 100k ISK + 0) / 10000 = around 24 LP (previous system would have paid 25 LP)
    Destroying a Punisher with tech 2 fitting: gained LP = (450k ISK – 312k ISK + 7.8m ISK +) / 10000 = around 794 LP (previous system would have paid 25 LP)
    These are all solo kills btw, otherwise it's spread around everyone on the mail who is in your fleet.

Meanwhile for plexing, you can score an easy 10K every 10 mins or so by hitting up minors solo in a Dram. Hmm, which is realistically sustainable: pushing a button and orbiting for 10 mins in a bog-standard Dram fit or solo killing an Abaddon? Of course, this isn't even accounting for the fact that most ships flown in FW are not Abaddons, but random inties, T1 cruisers, AFs, etc. and so the payout is just plain crap unless you find some retard who flies nothing but Machs and habitually welps right into you while you're solo.

25. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Quesa's Avatar
    Taking wagers on Soho's return to custody.
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    So, what you are saying is that I need a FW alt?

26. Inconstant Moon John Caffeine's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Quesa View Post
    So, what you are saying is that I need a FW alt?
    Seeing as you'll probably be getting the items from fw LP stores for a quarter of the price of anywhere else; yes.

Minmatar militia already has 50% price reduction, will probably reach 75% within too long. Which basicly makes all other non-pirate/incursion LP practicly worthless if the fw LP volume gets high enough.

27. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Quesa's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Is FW pretty active? Last time I was in it it seemed pretty stale.

28. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee? Della Monk's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Quesa View Post
    Is FW pretty active? Last time I was in it it seemed pretty stale.
    They just spent the expansion on it and the faction warriors managed to make most deadly system repeatedly over the last couple of weeks
    K(awaii)ugu(u)tsumen

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    I, too, have made a proposal.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default...44&find=unread

Please support.

30. How to Build a Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later El Space Mariachi's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieTopSiders View Post
    I, too, have made a proposal.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default...44&find=unread

Please support.
    "This thread. Remove it. Along with the OP."

Well that's not very nice... Finiks, please have a word with this man

31. Super Moderator ihaveahelmet's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Peyote View Post
    Finiks, please have a word with this man
    Yes, please do. Congratulate him and tell him to carry on.

Richter_Belmont: under Article 14, section 88, paragraph 420 of the B0Tl0rd Accord, it says "you're gay LOL pwned"

32. I'm Only in It for the Money Grim's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    ECM is fine. The problem is that CCP needs to add a new targetting mode for when you are jammed. Just because you cant lock doesnt mean you shouldnt be able to click in space and fire like a madman.
    If you kill enough of them they stop fighting - Gen. Curtis Lemay
    Fear the KKM

33. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Arrador's Avatar
    Perrigrin, tenerifis, immensea, fucked if I know
    R/P
    Power
    And or Buff the shit out of ECCM.
    [Arrador] possesses a considerable understanding of ship configurations, strengths and weakness. He gives clear and purposeful instructions, is good at taking advantage of the fleet-composition he's dealt, and never loses sight of the main goal: fun. This, paired with an excellent tolerance for strong drink gives him an almost Churchillian capability to win, despite being completely pissed on booze most of the fleet operation.

34. The Theory and Practice of Time Travel true's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    ITT Vinata attempts to make a bad MMO™ even worse.

(Oh god never did I thought that it's actually possible)

35. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Quesa's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    I'm still in favor of:

Removing racial jammers and go with strait multispecs with a buff to multispec range.
    Jammers now stack instead of acting like a separate module.
    If you are jammed, you lose a % of any offensive module. These modules will be random