CEX.io
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

How would you like to see the site improve? (Don't say "Ban <username>")

1. Former Former Community Manager and Former Chief Senior Analyst Vinata's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    If I can't get him to do a wiki and a killboard, I'm going to make sure we do tapatalk and jabber plugins.
    ?"eve's a bad mmo, really bad, it's only saving grace is the people playing it, which i guess doesn't say great things about the people playing other MMOs"

R/P
    Power
    forum needs :frogsiren:

that is all

3. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    What is tapatalk and why does it sound like a helluva drug?

4. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Raketefrau's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix Lag View Post
    What is tapatalk and why does it sound like a helluva drug?
    Tapatalk's a strangely usable Forum app for phones and tablets. It's actually easier to use than a browser on a PC.

5. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. jimmychrist's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Raketefrau View Post
    Tapatalk's a strangely usable Forum app for phones and tablets. It's actually easier to use than a browser on a PC.
    This cannot possibly be

6. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Raketefrau's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmychrist View Post
    This cannot possibly be
    I know, I thought the same thing until I tried it.

Well, of course the typing sucks, but everything else about it is easier.

7. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Mr Coloredshirt's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I would really like it if I didn't get a notification popup every once in a while asking me if I really want to leave the page I'm on even though I have things written in the quick reply window, especially when I haven't actually written anything in the quick reply window.

8. Former Former Community Manager and Former Chief Senior Analyst Vinata's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    There are a whole host of bugs going on with the quick reply window that I would love to see gone.
    ?"eve's a bad mmo, really bad, it's only saving grace is the people playing it, which i guess doesn't say great things about the people playing other MMOs"

9. The Ethics of Madness Iratus's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I know, I thought the same thing until I tried it.

Well, of course the typing sucks, but everything else about it is easier.
    So it's great for everything forum-related... except the one thing forums need the most? I don't want to suffer in order to type, jeez! That hinhibits my posting, and nothing shall inhibit posting.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hChYV.png[/IMG]

"Every rifter counts friend" - VR

R/P
    Power
    sorry if this has already been posted before, but could we maybe get rid of "post something to get rid of these ads" for foreplayfags?

11. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Quesa's Avatar
    Taking wagers on Soho's return to custody.
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Can you duplicate the top text bar
    (ie. Home > Forum > The Eve Online Section > EVE Online Uncensored > How would you like to see the site improve? (Don't say "Ban <username>") )

... down to the bottom on the same line as the "Quick Navigation" buttons?

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Quesa View Post
    (ie. Home > Forum > The Eve Online Section > EVE Online Uncensored > How would you like to see the site improve? (Don't say "Ban <username>") )

Breadcrumbs at the bottom are a really good idea, actually. Do this!

13. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Checkbox Poll's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    holy shit a quesa post

R/P
    Power
    Ignoring opti was the best I did to improve my enjoyment of this Forums. Can only recommend using the ignore function!

15. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Quesa's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkbox Poll View Post
    holy shit a quesa post
    Hurroh!

R/P
    Power
    Can I just say, that instead of hiding who gives rep, unless you have an upgraded account.

Maybe it should be made so your name will be hidden when giving bad rep, when you have an upgraded account instead.

(People are just signing their +rep reasons atm..)

17. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Quesa's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsan View Post
    Can I just say, that instead of hiding who gives rep, unless you have an upgraded account.

Maybe it should be made so your name will be hidden when giving bad rep, when you have an upgraded account instead.

(People are just signing their +rep reasons atm..)
    I dunno, if you don't want to be noticed neg-repping someone, you shouldn't neg-rep. I think it's kinda when someone does a revenge neg-rep but that's just part of the site.

18. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Iratus View Post
    So it's great for everything forum-related... except the one thing forums need the most? I don't want to suffer in order to type, jeez! That hinhibits my posting, and nothing shall inhibit posting.
    Typing on smartphones simply sucks, don't blame the app.

That's actually a pretty neat yet handy improvement idea. And apart from potential align issues, nothing more than copy-pasting a few lines of code.

P.S.: Welcome back Quesa.
    Monkeys killing monkeys killing monkeys over places of the ground.
    Silly monkeys, give them thumbs, they make a club and beat their brothers down.

The universe is hostile, so impersonal: Devour to survive - So it is, so it's always been!

19. This is harsh. Evaluate me
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaclypse View Post

That's actually a pretty neat yet handy improvement idea. And apart from potential align issues, nothing more than copy-pasting a few lines of code.

would be awesome!
    [B][U]Propolis[/U][/B] - D00M - Northern Coalition.

R/P
    Power
    I dunno, if you don't want to be noticed neg-repping someone, you shouldn't neg-rep. I think it's kinda when someone does a revenge neg-rep but that's just part of the site.
    Myeah, I guess you need a definition of how the rep system is intended to work and look at how it's being used.

I apreciate all +rep, but negrep I hate not knowing who gave it to me. If it's just some troll, It dosen't matter. but Endie Negrep is the worst ex. :P

21. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Quesa's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power

P.S.: Welcome back Quesa.
    Thanks for the welcome! Been a while, we'll see how long it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsan View Post
    Myeah, I guess you need a definition of how the rep system is intended to work and look at how it's being used.

I apreciate all +rep, but negrep I hate not knowing who gave it to me. If it's just some troll, It dosen't matter. but Endie Negrep is the worst ex. :P
    No, I don't know the ins and outs of the rep system as it is now but that's probably because I rarely use it (the only real change I see is that it's not displayed next to your avatar anymore - why?). I just feel that your suggestion to hide your neg-rep is a bad idea because you should stand behind the things you say/do and/or allow yourself to be corrected if proven wrong or your perspective changes.

22. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    (the only real change I see is that it's not displayed next to your avatar anymore - why?)
    It's a bug. If you rep someone, you'll see his rep pips show up again until you change your current site or F5.

The universe is hostile, so impersonal: Devour to survive - So it is, so it's always been!

23. Super Moderator Lorren Canada's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Be that as it may, I think people are a lot more to prone to give out negrep these now. I know personally if I negrepped say Jogyn or penif they'd come back and revenge regrep me, and if I were to negrep Sec he'd whine about it or Mfume would call me out (not everytime, but it's happened). But now I can just give it out left or right and give it no thought.
    Your posting has been Adjusted

R/P
    Power
    No, I don't know the ins and outs of the rep system as it is now but that's probably because I rarely use it (the only real change I see is that it's not displayed next to your avatar anymore - why?). I just feel that your suggestion to hide your neg-rep is a bad idea because you should stand behind the things you say/do and/or allow yourself to be corrected if proven wrong or your perspective changes.
    I think you're misunderstanding him, from what I read he wants to see who negreps him so he can deal with it appropriately. If it's just some random faggot, he can easily ignore it, but if it's f.ex Endie, then that negrep carries a lot more weight behind it, and would mean that he might have cause to modify his posting.
    Turning pretend colourblind angels from spaceship to madship samurais, one post at a time.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by tgr View Post
    I think you're misunderstanding him, from what I read he wants to see who negreps him so he can deal with it appropriately. If it's just some random faggot, he can easily ignore it, but if it's f.ex Endie, then that negrep carries a lot more weight behind it, and would mean that he might have cause to modify his posting.
    But generally in those cases people will explain in their neg rep comments why a post is bad and how they would like you to change it. So whilst you may not know who left the comment you can at least see that the person is being constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Quesa
    I just feel that your suggestion to hide your neg-rep is a bad idea because you should stand behind the things you say/do and/or allow yourself to be corrected if proven wrong or your perspective changes.
    I would agree with this if Kugu was populated with responsible adults. Unfortunately (or fortunately) it isn't, neg rep in too many (most) instances is not being used to improve post quality but just to dump the political view point of a persons alliance. And whilst that is part of the Kugu culture, it can be annoying at times.

26. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power

Now I just created a demo vbulletin forum to find out which template to edit where and am all hyper excited to put my very limited and rusty php knowledge to use - and those bloody madmins are sleeping or some other silly shit. GET A BETTER TIMEZONE FREAKS! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfTheDaves View Post
    But generally in those cases people will explain in their neg rep comments why a post is bad and how they would like you to change it. So whilst you may not know who left the comment you can at least see that the person is being constructive.
    Yeah, you'd like to think that, wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfTheDaves View Post
    I would agree with this if Kugu was populated with responsible adults. Unfortunately (or fortunately) it isn't, neg rep in too many (most) instances is not being used to improve post quality but just to dump the political view point of a persons alliance. And whilst that is part of the Kugu culture, it can be annoying at times.
    I don't know about you, but I prefer to post it out rather than negrep it out if it's just a "political view". Who knows, we might even reach an agreement.

I negrep generally only when it's truly a shit post (or poster).
    Turning pretend colourblind angels from spaceship to madship samurais, one post at a time.

R/P
    Power
    I would like to think I'm mature enough to only neg rep if something really deserves it (though I'm sure I have lapses and neg people who don't agree with it).

The only time I'm particularly lazy about comments are for posters who are already red. Then I just usually let loose an expletive laden insult.

I do agree that 'posting it out' is probably a better solution as you can have a bit of back and forth and to get a 2nd chance to get your point across (if you badly worded the first). Usually the only way to answer a neg rep is to counter neg whilst calling them dumb in the comments, which is shit.

My personal favourite to see on the forums though is the copy and paste 3 pages later, with someone crying about some rep they received and no one else having the slightest idea what they are blathering on about.

29. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Raketefrau's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Thanks for the welcome! Been a while, we'll see how long it lasts.
    Come join us in test, it's a non-stop disco.

30. Leader of the Scandinavy Securitas's Avatar
    Oh trust me, I am more than special. I'm swedish!
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorren Canada View Post
    Be that as it may, I think people are a lot more to prone to give out negrep these now. I know personally if I negrepped say Jogyn or penif they'd come back and revenge regrep me, and if I were to negrep Sec he'd whine about it or Mfume would call me out (not everytime, but it's happened). But now I can just give it out left or right and give it no thought.
    Dude you negrep me habitually over the dumbest shit and I don't think I've mentioned it in a long time.

31. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Securitas View Post
    Dude you negrep me habitually over the dumbest shit and I don't think I've mentioned it in a long time.
    Oh bitch, please!

It's really not a secret that you demand justification from everyone. Just for once have a bloody spine. If you can't take a negrep without asking why, at least stand up for being so needy for an explanation all the time.

32. Leader of the Scandinavy Securitas's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    When I do ask for clarification (Criticism is useless unless you understand what's being criticized) I usually put it on their profile. Let's see, the last time was

Securitas - 2011-11-27

Yeah. Or you could like, get excited over nothing and put big text in your post, I don't care.

33. I'm Only in It for the Money Grim's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Negreps make me feel bad. Then I go outside, and kill a puppy so I feel better. So in the future, keep in mind that negrepping me kills puppies.
    If you kill enough of them they stop fighting - Gen. Curtis Lemay
    Fear the KKM

34. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    You would never write a PM or even convo people about it, am I right?

Again, a spine, grow one. It helps.

EDIT:
    When I do ask for clarification (Criticism is useless unless you understand what's being criticized) I usually put it on their profile. Let's see, the last time was

Securitas - 2011-11-27
    Oh, hey:
    Securitas - 2012-02-15
    look at the top of the page (very top, next to your name, notifications, etc)
    in response to me telling you that kugu is not Facebook. Apparently your example wasn't the last time. After that it got hard by not seeing who negrepped you; I understand that this made it difficult for you to complain.

35. Leader of the Scandinavy Securitas's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    It actually didn't get much harder.

And no, I was usually too lazy to convo/message someone about it. We're talking about Lorren by the way, to which I responded he's negrepped me plenty recently and I haven't said a word. I really don't know what's so complicated or rage-inducing about that.

Chill out about someone else's rep lol

36. Former Former Community Manager and Former Chief Senior Analyst Vinata's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Now I just created a demo vbulletin forum to find out which template to edit where and am all hyper excited to put my very limited and rusty php knowledge to use - and those bloody madmins are sleeping or some other silly shit. GET A BETTER TIMEZONE FREAKS! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I was watching a movie. Your IM window popped up and blocked some tits as they were being pulled out of a gown by Crispin Glover. For that crime I decided to ignore you until I felt like dealing with it later.

It wasn't a very good movie though.

37. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    It actually didn't.

And no, I was usually too lazy to convo/message someone about it.
    Are you daring me, son?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinata View Post
    I was watching a movie. Your IM window popped up and blocked some tits as they were being pulled out of a gown by Crispin Glover. For that crime I decided to ignore you until I felt like dealing with it later.

It wasn't a very good movie though.
    Ha, that's fair enough. Although, can't you just like, y'know... go back 10 seconds or some stuff? :P

38. Former Former Community Manager and Former Chief Senior Analyst Vinata's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Also stop giving Sec shit over something so dumb.

39. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinata View Post
    Also stop giving Sec shit over something so dumb.
    Give him back the ability to give people shit over something so dumb as a reputation, and we're on even fields again.

40. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Shoogafoots Jones's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    This needs some kind of live chat plugin... not jabber or anything like that, literally a javascript or ajax chat built into the forums accessible from a range of devices. That would be baller.
    Jeff Raider > oh i think you'll find the opposite to be true my friend i am among kugus best posters are you are among the worst as evidenced by our reputations on this site

41. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Raketefrau's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoogafoots Jones View Post
    This needs some kind of live chat plugin... not jabber or anything like that, literally a javascript or ajax chat built into the forums accessible from a range of devices. That would be baller.
    This is a brilliant idea, my work productivity hasn't suffered enough yet.

42. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Shoogafoots Jones's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    This is a brilliant idea, my work productivity hasn't suffered enough yet.
    pfffffft work "productivity" is a myth. But yea, I am a pretty good ugh, idea guy.
    Jeff Raider > oh i think you'll find the opposite to be true my friend i am among kugus best posters are you are among the worst as evidenced by our reputations on this site

43. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Who changed the name of the shit posting section aka Scrapheap Challenge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

44. How to Build a Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later El Space Mariachi's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stronke View Post
    Who changed the name of the shit posting section aka Scrapheap Challenge
    The Maderator-in-chief, Herr Malaclypse, of course

45. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Peyote View Post
    The Maderator-in-chief, Herr Malaclypse, of course
    Easy there, buddy; blame the madmins. Modzis weren't involved there.

46. Super Moderator Lorren Canada's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    yea, after I had some messaging spree with you over a -rep I decided it wasn't worth the effort

e: ok, so I thought people can't see -rep anymore, hence the reason I've started -repping peeps more (no it's not just you sec) but apparently come people can?
    Your posting has been Adjusted

R/P
    Power
    Foreplay fags can see who repped them afaik.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Matos View Post
    Foreplay fags can see who repped them afaik.
    This is an incorrect assumption.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorren Canada View Post
    yea, after I had some messaging spree with you over a -rep I decided it wasn't worth the effort

e: ok, so I thought people can't see -rep anymore, hence the reason I've started -repping peeps more (no it's not just you sec) but apparently come people can?
    I can see the arguments for both sides on this. One, I think the ability to neg rep people anonymously is nice because it does stop revenge neg repping (and for some one who has not posted much, any neg rep against me hurts!). However, when I look at the two occasions I have been neg repped, the comments read "hur hur FA fag" or something similar it doesnt really help me improve my posting to stop it happening again. My forum name is my ingame name, I'm in no way famous nor have I made any great enemies in game so to be punished for posting purely for having "-FA-" in my profile is a little unfair I feel...

Due to this I would side with knowing who has left the rep. I know I haven't been around on here long, but I like to feel when I do "contribute" it is not useless meme bullshit spouting (barring the "dur American's are fat" post, but that was in context to what I was replying too...) so I feel as others have said, if we know who neg reps / plus reps depending on who it is will add more weight to it, regardless of comments. This will help us newer additions to the K.com posting crew tow the line so the speak and also go someway to stop the circle jerking rep squads for certain ingame alliances neg repping in-game enemies and bumping rep on allies who constantly post shit.

My two cents anywhoo...

50. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Quesa's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    There is a portion, dare I say significant, of posters on this forum that care more about their forum appearance than anything else. It's just something you learn to live with. There is enough anonymity on the internet already, anonymous rep'ing, in my eyes, has more negative effects than positive. However, it appears it's now being used as a tool to get people to upgrade their accounts. Best thing I can suggest is to just ignore it altogether if you are constantly worried about getting revenge neg-rep'd.