CEX.io
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just an FYi there will be no more "shitpost ok" threads (ok fine whatever, shitpost)

1. Former Former Community Manager and Former Chief Senior Analyst Vinata's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    They are such festering piles of shit that mods aren't willing to go in them and we have to hope the people in them are willing to report stuff. That's not an ok arrangement.
    ?"eve's a bad mmo, really bad, it's only saving grace is the people playing it, which i guess doesn't say great things about the people playing other MMOs"

2. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    I know giving 'shitpost ok' a strict definition will make a lot of brinksmanship and off-the-books shitposting likely, but having said that, you're just talking about a thread that could just be posted into an existing thread and nobody would know the difference?

3. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilmar Keller View Post
    I know giving 'shitpost ok' a strict definition will make a lot of brinksmanship and off-the-books shitposting likely, but having said that, you're just talking about a thread that could just be posted into an existing thread and nobody would know the difference?
    Th "shitpost ok" threads originally were the Goon-, TEST-, and PL-threads without any specific topic. The broski ones were aprt of that, too. But for once we decided to can that type of thread (at least in EOU, we have Scrapheap for that). And especially the browski ones hvae gotten out of hand. They are free to post on there. We're just getting it out of EOU.
    Monkeys killing monkeys killing monkeys over places of the ground.
    Silly monkeys, give them thumbs, they make a club and beat their brothers down.

The universe is hostile, so impersonal: Devour to survive - So it is, so it's always been!

4. Former Former Community Manager and Former Chief Senior Analyst Vinata's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    I mean that for a while there were threads that were ignored when it came to infractions, and those were "shitpost ok" threads. Mainly TEST, GS, and PL threads were automatically considered shitpost ok. We're just not having those anymore. It is inconsistent to not infract posts in some threads and to infract posts in others.
    ?"eve's a bad mmo, really bad, it's only saving grace is the people playing it, which i guess doesn't say great things about the people playing other MMOs"

5. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    It's almost as if Kugu's mod team is part of GSF leadership and is participating in the "Purge the PoopPoosters" campaign. We could probably use a new, serious-business only thread in EOU for TEST, PL, and Goons while we're at it.

6. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    As an afterthought, can we stop having all these threads on existing subjects with really, really shit original posts be allowed to live? Purge 'em and merge 'em, I say.

Easy example of what I'm talking about.

7. God damn these electric sex pants Marivauder's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix Lag View Post
    It's almost as if Kugu's mod team is part of [s]GSF leadership[/s] Bat Country and is participating in the "Purge the PoopPoosters" campaign. We could probably use a new, serious-business only thread in EOU for TEST, PL, and Goons while we're at it.
    Just making it sound more realistic

8. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    The worst part is that Bat members who don't post anywhere other than our internal forums are absolutely terrible at it--even worse than me! Thankfully, by virtue of the fact that they only post on our internal forums, they won't see this.

At least until you link it in Jabber, Mari.

9. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    The worst part is that Bat members who don't post anywhere other than our internal forums are absolutely terrible at it--even worse than me! Thankfully, by virtue of the fact that they only post on our internal forums, they won't see this.

At least until you link it in Jabber, Mari.

It's a fair trade though. Those poeple only posting on the internal forums at least log in - in contrast to certain other individuals.
    You can't have it all in one; diversification is the key.

The universe is hostile, so impersonal: Devour to survive - So it is, so it's always been!

10. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I can log in and play for 3 hours every day or I can get a college degree vOv

11. God damn these electric sex pants Marivauder's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Or you can be like the rest of us and do neither and just be on comms talking about LoL or anything non eve related

12. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    It's funny you feel the need to justify yourself when I was talking about myself not logging in. Feelin' a li'l guilty, doncha?

R/P
    Power
    I applaud this.
    So those 100 page threads will be 20 page threads in the future, and you can actually read the last page and get up-to-date, instead of reading through 5 pages of splerg..

I'll do my part and post even less..

14. Drama Queen of Lowsec Grarr Dexx's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Am I reading this right? Will I no longer have to wade through an ocean of shit to find a useful post? 'tis a dream come true.
    [QUOTE=Mulla Nasrudin;238829]I believe in Karma. If we do bad things to people it just means that they deserve it.[/QUOTE]

15. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaclypse View Post
    It's funny you feel the need to justify yourself when I was talking about myself not logging in. Feelin' a li'l guilty, doncha?
    Every time I do log on, Smush takes advantage of the opportunity to remind me how much I don't log on.

16. Former Former Community Manager and Former Chief Senior Analyst Vinata's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    As an afterthought, can we stop having all these threads on existing subjects with really, really shit original posts be allowed to live? Purge 'em and merge 'em, I say.

Easy example of what I'm talking about.
    Sure. Add low content OPs to the things that are now verbotten. If it is only a few sentences long it had better be fucking hilarious or a "Here's the thread for this stupid region" type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsan View Post
    I applaud this.
    So those 100 page threads will be 20 page threads in the future, and you can actually read the last page and get up-to-date, instead of reading through 5 pages of splerg..

I'll do my part and post even less..
    Quote Originally Posted by Grarr Dexx View Post
    Am I reading this right? Will I no longer have to wade through an ocean of shit to find a useful post? 'tis a dream come true.
    We've been trying to crack down on low content posts for a bit now. This eliminates threads that won't have infractions on them for shitposts. If they want to shitpost, they can feel free to post in STD/SHC/whatever the fuck it is now.

17. Drama Queen of Lowsec Grarr Dexx's Avatar
    R/P
    Power

Well, as long as they stay out of War & Politics.
    [QUOTE=Mulla Nasrudin;238829]I believe in Karma. If we do bad things to people it just means that they deserve it.[/QUOTE]

18. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Grarr Dexx View Post

Well, as long as they stay out of War & Politics.
    Quite on the contrary: Let them spill over to War & Politics on FHC again so we're rid of them. Then it's your problem.

19. Tū-whakaheke-tangata xutech's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    There are some generous threads in general and lower for people who like to creatively post.

I just don't want people to wade through it to get to info they want to talk about / EVE related.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

R/P
    Power
    Are witty one liners / banter, okay still? I'm really not a fan of shitposting because it just makes getting caught up on threads a chore, but I enjoy getting a few laughs from some good jokes thrown in by certain individuals.

21. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Rer View Post
    Are witty one liners / banter, okay still? I'm really not a fan of shitposting because it just makes getting caught up on threads a chore, but I enjoy getting a few laughs from some good jokes thrown in by certain individuals.
    As long as it's not just a umad/urmom/ujelly...

22. The Ethics of Madness Iratus's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaclypse View Post
    As long as it's not just a umad/urmom/ujelly...
    My posting, it is saved!
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hChYV.png[/IMG]

"Every rifter counts friend" - VR

23. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Raketefrau's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    [spoiler=image macro within]I kid, I kid.[/spoiler]

24. How to Build a Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later El Space Mariachi's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I think spoilered image macros are okay (?), as long as they have some context and a description, or bobbechk posts them

25. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Checkbox Poll's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Kugutsumen dot com 2012: No Fun Allowed

26. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Opti's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    banned in 3..2..1...week

R/P
    Power
    this aggression will not stand man

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    EOU: Purge the PoopPoosters 2012 - "Because you can not censor that which does not exist."

29. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Deniera's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    If the mods arent willing to go into those threads, the obvious solution is get more/better mods. Not get rid of the threads.

30. I'm Only in It for the Money Grim's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Deniera View Post
    If the mods arent willing to go into those threads, the obvious solution is get more/better mods. Not get rid of the threads.
    If people want a thread to shit up with bad youtube videos or something they can do it in the comfort of SHC or whatever its called now.

If you want a thread with "content" go to the content section. If you want to roll around in a big pile of shitposts there is a section dedicated to that as well.
    If you kill enough of them they stop fighting - Gen. Curtis Lemay
    Fear the KKM

31. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Deniera's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    If people want a thread to shit up with bad youtube videos or something they can do it in the comfort of SHC or whatever its called now.

If you want a thread with "content" go to the content section. If you want to roll around in a big pile of shitposts there is a section dedicated to that as well.
    Hey if that's the official reason then say it, don't mask the reasons with bullshit about having to rely on people to report stuff.

32. Former Former Community Manager and Former Chief Senior Analyst Vinata's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    The point of the "shitpost ok" threads back when we had lax moderation was to say it was ok to shitpost there and posts wouldn't be moved. Now that we have actual moderation going on in EOU, having shitpost ok zones is really inconsistent.

And then we realized that none of the mods (not even the new ones) ventured into the shitpost ok threads on a regular basis, and that a lot of the posts were now infraction worthy (but no one was reporting it because it was viewed as ok) and so hence the new rule re: shitpost ok threads.

33. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Raketefrau's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinata View Post
    And then we realized that none of the mods (not even the new ones) ventured into the shitpost ok threads on a regular basis, and that a lot of the posts were now infraction worthy (but no one was reporting it because it was viewed as ok) and so hence the new rule re: shitpost ok threads.
    And it muddies up the rules, since noone ever pays attention to which thread or topic they're posting in, they just continue the thread of what the last 3 or 4 people were talking about.

"Am I in a shitposting-allowed thread? Fucked if I know. But I got away with posting this shit earlier, so I should get away with it again."

R/P
    Power
    I think it actually clears things up as it's now consistent. The shit posting ok threads are in the scrapheap section (or whatever it's called now).

So you know that if you're posting in EOU it's none shit posting, rather than having different threads in the same section with different rules.

R/P
    Power
    The point of the "shitpost ok" threads back when we had lax moderation was to say it was ok to shitpost there and posts wouldn't be moved. Now that we have actual moderation going on in EOU, having shitpost ok zones is really inconsistent.

Maybe if you didnt keep on recruiting pathetic ponyboys mods that more or less disappear after they get the job. Then you would not have this problem.

36. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Perhaps it is because they just wanted the epeen increase of being a mod but not actually care about the quality or improvement of the site. As long as they can make their epeen grow by throwing around infractions and closing threads there happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

R/P
    Power
    Calling Vinatas cyclejerk boys "mods" is a stretch my good friend. I have been looking at FHC lately, thinking about moving over for good.

At least there the mods dont constantly shit on other people and they actually provide content.

38. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I'm just bit upset they are turning EOU into some failed version of the serious discussion forum wich it should not be.

FREE EVE ONLINE UNCENSORED
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

39. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Checkbox Poll's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stronke View Post
    I'm just bit upset they are turning EOU into some failed version of the serious discussion forum wich it should not be.

FREE EVE ONLINE UNCENSORED
    Not empty quoting. Purge the shitposters, not the people that are providing quality, time-invested OPs like JEFFRAIDER.

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Not gonna lie, I like the new division of the forum. vOv

I'm sorta anal about keeping every thread in EOU read, and my daily required Kugu browsing time has dropped due to not having to wade through bad threads.

In fact, I'm happy with almost every change that has been made. Serious Discussion is seeing more activity, EOU has more content (by percentage; right now nothing is happening in-game. :/ ), and the dumb threads have been moved somewhere separately.

Just get us a wiki and make rep bars display by default, and I'm happy!

41. I'm Only in It for the Money Grim's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    The breakdown seems quite simple now. Serious discussions in their appropriate forum, battlereports and war discusions in uncensored, and alliance hur blurf/bad memes in the alliance section. And of course you can sperg all you want in the shitpile.

It makes good sense to keep these things seperate, and in no way curtails your "creativity"
    If you kill enough of them they stop fighting - Gen. Curtis Lemay
    Fear the KKM

R/P
    Power
    speaking of shitposts have u seen this thread

http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread...and-the-North)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

43. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Opti's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    now sir, please dont throw your toys out of your pram just because you couldnt come up with such a baller idea for a first post

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffraider View Post
    speaking of shitposts have u seen this thread

http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread...and-the-North)
    I feel you Jeff, seeing you pour your heart out to splodie to keep your thread alive. Then get shit on by Vinata out of the blue makes no sense to me.

45. Former Former Community Manager and Former Chief Senior Analyst Vinata's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Agathor View Post
    Maybe if you didnt keep on recruiting pathetic ponyboys mods that more or less disappear after they get the job. Then you would not have this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agathor View Post
    Calling Vinatas cyclejerk boys "mods" is a stretch my good friend. I have been looking at FHC lately, thinking about moving over for good.

At least there the mods dont constantly shit on other people and they actually provide content.
    Which is it? Do the mods here disappear and do nothing, or do they constantly shit on other people?

Anyway, CARROT was not my idea so I don't take responsibility for it. I've given Alliances their own subforum in EOU so they can shitpost in their alliance threads all they want. I do take responsibility for locking a thread instead of infracting so many posts that regulars would have been set read-only. Deal with it. If people would prefer I infract people into oblivion instead of locking threads full of shitposts, please make me aware of that preference.

46. Prince Sky Pirate Razzor "Higgins" Toxic Death the Astral Walker Razzor's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    The breakdown seems quite simple now. Serious discussions in their appropriate forum, battlereports and war discusions in uncensored, and alliance hur blurf/bad memes in the alliance section. And of course you can sperg all you want in the shitpile.

It makes good sense to keep these things seperate, and in no way curtails your "creativity"
    hahahaha shut the fuck up you cock sucking faggot, how did a shit poster like you even make mod anyway.

Sucking all the fun out of EOU is beyond stupid all you needed to do to clean things up around here was have more active mods monitor war threads to help them stay on topic not literally break your balls trying to become EO forums.

RIP fun and enjoyable kugu

47. Former Former Community Manager and Former Chief Senior Analyst Vinata's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Yeah Grim's talking out his ass he doesn't have a say in this.

48. Former Former Community Manager and Former Chief Senior Analyst Vinata's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Fuck it, it is pretty much impossible to enforce "no shit posting" when I can't even get everyone on board about what is and isn't shitposting. Shitpost away.

I'm gonna keep the alliance sub-forum around though so various alliances can play with that sandbox.

R/P
    Power
    Which is it? Do the mods here disappear and do nothing, or do they constantly shit on other people?

Anyway, CARROT was not my idea so I don't take responsibility for it. I've given Alliances their own subforum in EOU so they can shitpost in their alliance threads all they want. I do take responsibility for locking a thread instead of infracting so many posts that regulars would have been set read-only. Deal with it. If people would prefer I infract people into oblivion instead of locking threads full of shitposts, please make me aware of that preference.
    I say terrible things when I get angry, you should be used to it by now.

And for the record, I dont share your taste on posting.

R/P
    Power
    This forum

is for alliance threads full of in-joke incestry and white noise posts. Please keep it contained to this forum.
    See there Vinata, you just took a huge dump.