CEX.io
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,850 of 2499

Opti comes out of the closet, Goonswarm Declares Victory

1. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post

EDIT: I say this because Shadoo makes us fucking think about what fights we get into before we bother getting in them, will our arrival kill the fight, will our arrival tip the balance too far one way, ect, its really fucking gay but generally its good for the game. The approach taken here is pretty much the exact opposite, and I just don't remember any of your enemies ever saying that their intent was to remove you or 'erasing' you, as I think anybody with half a brain realizes how not possible that really is.
    WAKE THE FUCK UP.
    http://community.eveonline.com/en/inferno/features/

50-100 guys from PL will do nothing to change power balance and 50 titans will be useful only under specific circumstances.
    We are not getting into CFC vs RDN fight cause we will have 0 effect on things.

2. I have galactorrhea :(
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mittani View Post
    someone get me a pink hat
    I'd say the one you wore at fanfest is close enough.

Attachment 2763

You just need the Mankini.

Attachment 2764

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Market Dude View Post
    Still missing the point. If you're doing it long before my tz, then the effect will have worn off by the time i log in to make use of my space.
    This isn't a hypothetical for me. I'm not doing it "long" before people's TZ. Like a half-hour tops before the dudes either wake up or get off work to find that I've once again reffed some of their stuff. This is under current mechanics, which have high HP to deter people from doing this. If you lower the HP, I'm just going to downgrade from a revelation to 3 purifiers, which makes alarm-clocking to catch me red-handed not really worth it.

Meh, I have faith in a Great Rebalancing. Granted I don't expect other to.
    I don't. Ultimately it's a game about making playing the game as unpleasant as possible for the other side, so they stop logging in and you go to post wildly about slopes, unopposed sov grabs and ~wulfpax.
    Mfume Apocal - Origin. - Black Legion.

4. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Some Generally Awesome Dude's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Fuck it, I'm apping to ccp just to prove that it can be done.

Gauntlet thrown.

5. The Illinois Enema Bandit Weaselior's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I am constantly stupefied at the amount of people who think blobbing is easy and fixes anything yet fail miserably when they try to do it

6. The Illinois Enema Bandit Weaselior's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    "all you need to do is convince literally thousands of people to play EVE Online, a bad game, and do boring things in this game, this is so easy and i could do it but i'd rather get sodomized by the exact same people for the fourth time in a decade"

7. Go fuck yourself Frodo! kiresays's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    So wait. The last three pages have been about not how the CFC sucks, or is going to lose, but they've won so much that they're doomed?

God damn I'll take it. Personally I always found in TEST that we have more than enough always going on during peace time to keep me entertained. My guess is that once the big war is over, we'll all split up back to our home regions and find stuff to do. And if somebody needs help, we'll deploy where they need it.

Additionally, the CFC is getting these massive numbers because the entire coalition is deployed to one solar system. When everyone heads back to their home regions there are tons of areas to roam into and random stuff for people to do in small groups. Everyone is in one place, so everyone goes to do the same thing; thus the current blobbing on anything within range. 70% of the people currently doing shit in tenal/venal won't be there in a month or so. I mean, you can expect blobbing for strat ops. I don't care who you are, you bring everything you can muscle to strat ops.

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Fuck it, I'm apping to ccp just to prove that it can be done.

Gauntlet thrown.
    I sent in my resume looking for a summer internship, and they never got back to me.

9. Adjustment Team
    R/P
    Power
    Every post you make, goes a little farther in proving that your mother and father were actually brother and sister.
    Coming from a guy who's alliance tried to keep alive a dozen regions spanning botting empire it is again a bit rich

10. What Good Is a Glass Dagger?
    R/P
    Power
    What happened to the Grath "We are the puppetmasters" Telkin? The one who said you wouldn't go North because at the time CFC vs Raidencrew was even and your alliance was all about promoting warfare in EVE? You're the one full of shit Grath. You and your merry band of warriors could have gone North. But that would have meant climbing your asses into something more risky than TidiCats.

Keep fishing in lowsec with your Supers. It's a risky PVP style that nets you ::goodfights:: and tons of kills!

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fluidvoid View Post
    Coming from a guy who's alliance tried to keep alive a dozen regions spanning botting empire it is again a bit rich
    >2012 implying the alliance you're in doesn't bot.

12. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Lost in all this bickering is the fact that CCP is taking the Kestrel and making it humongously less shitty.

It's important to keep your eyes on the bigger picture.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix Lag View Post
    Lost in all this bickering is the fact that CCP is taking the Kestrel and making it humongously less shitty.

It's important to keep your eyes on the bigger picture.

I can't tell if people unironically care about ship artwork redesign. I always play zoomed out

R/P
    Power
    You've cast your self down with the sodomites now
    Good movie.

EDIT: To be clear you don't do anything different anybody else does, you just do it with 10 times more people than anybody else in the game is capable of putting forth - and thats what you've figured out, not some magical formula for victory in the stuff you do, its that numbers, even unskilled retards, are better than anything else in EVE, and now, you've effectively captured your last region that will net you fights.
    I have some clarifying questions.

1. Bad guy numbers reached between 900 and 1000 during the first fights of the Tenal war, so let's not go around talking about 10 times anything unless it is the size of my dick. Furthermore, the 50+ titans and even more SCs that were fielded the next week kind of put a damper on our progress in the region. Where did all of those supers go now that it is April? We only killed 4 of them, after all...I bet if they were all still showing up that every station in Tenal wouldn't be about to go into armor cycle.

2. Do you think it is easy to assemble and lead an effective coalition of this size? Shit, WN and Raiden only managed to show up to each other's ops for about a week past when the CFC started to invade Branch. I also didn't see too many of NCdot's supercaps showing up to defend Tenal either -- surely they could get a grip of titans to throw in with Raiden? Perhaps the fact that Init shows up in more numbers than their putative allies is making them less willing to show up on each successive op? I'm just asking the questions, but I think we all know the answers here.

3. Meanwhile the CFC is running a happy and still-blue coalition of 30,000 shitbirds. I swear to you on my granddad's grave, these are some of the most awful faggots to ever play EVE. (And I should know, since many of them are my friends!) Not only that, but they are a militarily coordinated blob and their lifestyles are hampered only by the occasional light awoxing or blue-on-blue freighter incident. Is the organization, skill, and effort that went into this monstrosity an invalid way of gaining an advantage in EVE?

Basically, I maintain my conclusion from this post: http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread...l=1#post341757

In EVE, having 3 dudes when the other guy has 1 is part of being good. Ironic that this last came up as we were steamrolling the last abandoned region.

Anyway, if you want to argue that blobbing should be less effective in the sov war, then I agree. Dominion sucks fantastic shit in the objectives and mechanics that lead ONLY to huge fuckoff fights where the largest blob mostly wins. Dominion is the part of the game that needs the most attention right now because of how absolutely awful the sov system is.

But since one of the principal designers of Dominion is now the chairman of the CSM.............................I'm not holding my breath. OH WELL.

15. Super Moderator ihaveahelmet's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mittani View Post
    thanks for this final judgement kugutsumen dot com poster 'yang wenli', the argument is now settled forever

someone get me a pink hat and some rental income
    please don't (do) get that green borat swimsuit thing

if you do please don't (do) pictures

Richter_Belmont: under Article 14, section 88, paragraph 420 of the B0Tl0rd Accord, it says "you're gay LOL pwned"

R/P
    Power
    If you're posting on Kugu, you're already the tip of the nerd spear.
    Or the butt.

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by penifSMASH View Post
    I can't tell if people unironically care about ship artwork redesign. I always play zoomed out
    that's why you're elite pvp

i still want my shit to look good

~~~~GIMMIE +REP+ GIMMIE~~~~

R/P
    Power
    The entire blob/large coalition discussion reminds me of the many arguments about the proliferation of supers(fuck I broke the seal). The Goons were constantly told they spent their money on the wrong things and opted to go ahead and pay for peacetime reimbursements, skillbook plans, etc. where as now, everyone who is not the CFC seems to have opted to stay on the small side numbers-wise and are complaining about it. In a sense they saw the need for numbers, much like you saw the need for supers.

R/P
    Power
    the hilarious part is that in under a year, goons will have the biggest fuckoff super blob in all of new eden

20. The Theory and Practice of Time Travel Kitty Vintner's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    e;fb
    Except goons are still buying titans at a rate that might just give us a week of complete TZ dominance before they're turned into POCOs or whatever.

R/P
    Power

R/P
    Power
    All these people saying the CFC killed off all their content clearly haven't heard of the intramural wargames planned for the summer.

23. Honey, Don't You Want a Man Like Me Carlton Banks's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Scotch you are the epitome of contentless

I love you

24. God damn these electric sex pants Marivauder's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by penifSMASH View Post
    But i thought you specialize in MANTICORE

25. Go fuck yourself Frodo! Mynas's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Moph View Post
    Ive always wondered what attracts so many people to goons
    Despising alliances with minimum skill point requirements, hatred of kill/death ratios, contempt for people who value "skill" at manipulating a scrappy user interface, and don't get me started on alliances who vaccuum up the guys who could be out there leading their own groups creating game content for tens of thousands of eve players.

Edit: also, people who play zoomed out ... or with sound off ... or both.

R/P
    Power
    All you need to take and hold space is to keep recruiting thousands of shitbirds, this is why all of nullsec has been conquered by IT Alliance

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton Banks View Post
    Scotch you are the epitome of contentless

I love you
    I am an artist.

28. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Wildside's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I for once cant wait to paint pink erected cocks on my nyx.......
    ------------------------------------
    "God created the world in seven days, in a smaller, but no less impressive gesture, I destroyed HTA in 5"
    Grath

Mr Blue / Twisted girl /Stripperella - SNIGG - PL

29. Honey, Don't You Want a Man Like Me Elektrea's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynas View Post
    Despising alliances with minimum skill point requirements, hatred of kill/death ratios, contempt for people who value "skill" at manipulating a scrappy user interface, and don't get me started on alliances who vaccuum up the guys who could be out there leading their own groups creating game content for tens of thousands of eve players.
    I really fucking doubt anyone thinks about this when joining anyone, cut the bullshit guy.

30. Super Moderator Lorren Canada's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Elektrea View Post
    I really fucking doubt anyone thinks about this when joining anyone, cut the bullshit guy.
    No, I think you'd be very surprised
    Your posting has been Adjusted

R/P
    Power
    Yeah, some people do.

32. Go fuck yourself Frodo!
    R/P
    Power
    Lots of people do and its been like that for years.

33. We're Only in It for the Money Sentinel Eeex's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Goonswarm is the only place where noone ever gave a fuck whether I can fly some ship or not, or whether I have X skill points, or whether I can tell armor HAC fitting when violently woken up at 4 in the morning. Was never "forced" to attend some op, never threatened if there was an op and I was shooting rats or ganking in hi-sec, noone ever asked me about my K/D ratio or cared about it, blah, blah, blah.

I could probably write for an hour, but bottom line is - you are wrong.

34. The Ethics of Madness Iratus's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I did. That mindset made me a solo ninja salvager, and that mindset landed me on Dreddit when it was formed.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hChYV.png[/IMG]

"Every rifter counts friend" - VR

35. Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night Viribus's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel Eeex View Post
    Goonswarm is the only place where noone ever gave a fuck whether I can fly some ship or not, or whether I have X skill points, or whether I can tell armor HAC fitting when violently woken up at 4 in the morning. Was never "forced" to attend some op, never threatened if there was an op and I was shooting rats or ganking in hi-sec, noone ever asked me about my K/D ratio or cared about it, blah, blah, blah.

Do you really think this is something unique to goonswarm?

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Viribus View Post
    he wasn't saying that at all. test alliance is similar, as are few other alliances in the CFC. there are also super-casual pvp corps/alliances out there but they dont have the "brand" so to speak.

37. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Kevin's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Anyone else notice how the 'common knowledge' of PL is shifting now from 'DRF pets' to 'Part of the CFC'?

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynas View Post

Edit: also, people who play zoomed out ... or with sound off ... or both.
    What a bunch of horseshit, are you fucking serious? Seriously, why would you guys claim to be all anti-elite pvp on one hand while being all elitist about everyone being soulless pubbie bottom feeders on the other, lol.

And what exactly is so bad about valuing the things you describe? You do realize that the reason small, elite pvp type alliances have those standards is precisely because they need the edge to fight against the invincible mega blob that you're part of? The reason we don't accept people who don't understand the importance of aligning out and flying the correct ships and fits isn't because we believe they're beneath us as humans, it's because we can't afford to hold people's hand or we'll just lose exactly what enables us to win fights vs numerical superiority: level 5 skills and standards for ourselves and our members.

Just think for a second that perhaps the reason those elite pvp alliances have snubbed their noses at you, as Mittens described, is precisely because you've all blued up to blob the fuck out of them.

39. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Perseus Kallistratos's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I know its in Russian but there are some interesting slides from fanfest on eve-ru forums

http://forum.eve-ru.com/index.php?showtopic=89087

one of my favorites is botting by region... notice the #2 region in 0.0, Deklein, and also Vale of the Silent, where x13 and finfleet live(d)

40. Electric Ant
    R/P
    Power

R/P
    Power
    I wonder why such viewpoints would be hard to find within the valiant Pandemic Legion

Goonswarm and (some) spinoffs, TEST and spinoffs, a select few small Drunk And Stoned alliances. Even shitty empire 10-man mining corps have ridiculous mando 'raids', 100% taxes during op, etc.

There were actually (I think, I wasn't around) two Goon corps before Goonfleet that failed right off the bat pretty much specifically because they tried to be all red-pen serious business.

42. We're Only in It for the Money Sentinel Eeex's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    No, I wasn't implying that it is unique to Goonswarm.

I was pointing out that Elektrea's statement was wrong.

43. Shoot blues, Tell Vile Rat. Vile rat's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Is this even a fun conversation?

44. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    I've got a half chub.

45. Super Moderator ihaveahelmet's Avatar
    R/P
    Power

seems to me that protesting against elitism in a video game is just as bad as being that elitist

maybe im wrong too v0v

Richter_Belmont: under Article 14, section 88, paragraph 420 of the B0Tl0rd Accord, it says "you're gay LOL pwned"

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanMan View Post
    I know its in Russian but there are some interesting slides from fanfest on eve-ru forums

http://forum.eve-ru.com/index.php?showtopic=89087

one of my favorites is botting by region... notice the #2 region in 0.0, Deklein, and also Vale of the Silent, where x13 and finfleet live(d)

Delve is fucking clean as whistle

Most guys I know shoot botters on sight, so thats not so surprising.

47. Go fuck yourself Frodo!
    R/P
    Power
    I was pointing out that Elektrea's statement was wrong.
    Shocking

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MpozoY View Post
    Goonswarm and (some) spinoffs, TEST and spinoffs, a select few small Drunk And Stoned alliances. Even shitty empire 10-man mining corps have ridiculous mando 'raids', 100% taxes during op, etc.
    there are a lot of alliances w/o red pen ops, stop kidding yourself that it's unique. and alarm-clocking in general is pretty dead given dominion sov. also: wasnt there some test drama about a director going around turning off ihubs because people were ratting during strat ops?

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Negotiator View Post
    WAKE THE FUCK UP.
    http://community.eveonline.com/en/inferno/features/

50-100 guys from PL will do nothing to change power balance and 50 titans will be useful only under specific circumstances.
    We are not getting into CFC vs RDN fight cause we will have 0 effect on things.
    Your not the boss of me and I don't have to listen or believe a word you say.

Always the europeans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazanir View Post
    Good movie.

I have some clarifying questions.

1. Bad guy numbers reached between 900 and 1000 during the first fights of the Tenal war, so let's not go around talking about 10 times anything unless it is the size of my dick. Furthermore, the 50+ titans and even more SCs that were fielded the next week kind of put a damper on our progress in the region. Where did all of those supers go now that it is April? We only killed 4 of them, after all...I bet if they were all still showing up that every station in Tenal wouldn't be about to go into armor cycle.

2. Do you think it is easy to assemble and lead an effective coalition of this size? Shit, WN and Raiden only managed to show up to each other's ops for about a week past when the CFC started to invade Branch. I also didn't see too many of NCdot's supercaps showing up to defend Tenal either -- surely they could get a grip of titans to throw in with Raiden? Perhaps the fact that Init shows up in more numbers than their putative allies is making them less willing to show up on each successive op? I'm just asking the questions, but I think we all know the answers here.

3. Meanwhile the CFC is running a happy and still-blue coalition of 30,000 shitbirds. I swear to you on my granddad's grave, these are some of the most awful faggots to ever play EVE. (And I should know, since many of them are my friends!) Not only that, but they are a militarily coordinated blob and their lifestyles are hampered only by the occasional light awoxing or blue-on-blue freighter incident. Is the organization, skill, and effort that went into this monstrosity an invalid way of gaining an advantage in EVE?

Basically, I maintain my conclusion from this post: http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread...l=1#post341757

In EVE, having 3 dudes when the other guy has 1 is part of being good. Ironic that this last came up as we were steamrolling the last abandoned region.

Anyway, if you want to argue that blobbing should be less effective in the sov war, then I agree. Dominion sucks fantastic shit in the objectives and mechanics that lead ONLY to huge fuckoff fights where the largest blob mostly wins. Dominion is the part of the game that needs the most attention right now because of how absolutely awful the sov system is.

But since one of the principal designers of Dominion is now the chairman of the CSM.............................I'm not holding my breath. OH WELL.
    Look, be proud of what you did, nothing in my post says anything other than calling that guy bullshit. You are actually only doing what everybody else does, but you're doing it on a coalition scale.

His posting suggested some master secret recipe that the CFC had discovered, when it is in fact simply numbers, you have taken the formula used by 200 men and amplified it by 20.

Nothing in my posting suggests that you're drooling gibbering mass is in anyway bad or 'unfair', what it suggests is that you have kind of fucked yourself in the fun department. You've walled yourselves in with allies for 50 systems in either direction. This is not an ideal situation, regardless of your ability to organize large groups of people, you've probably gone too far and killed off your food source.

I could give 2 fucks less how many of you band together in an asshumping parade of faggotry, what i care about is how many fights there are going on around us to actually get in.

That would currently be none.

50. Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night Zagdul's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Mfume View Post
    he wasn't saying that at all. test alliance is similar, as are few other alliances in the CFC. there are also super-casual pvp corps/alliances out there but they dont have the "brand" so to speak.
    Sup!?

We're pretty newbie friendly. I just wish we had a better mentor program. Right now we just rely on our FC's to get dudes x'ing up and just experiencing the smaller roams.