CEX.io
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

~welp~

1. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Checkbox Poll's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by hellkyte View Post
    In fairness to CCP didn't that one kid just get a five year sentence for a bullying that led to a suicide? Right now the legal winds are blowing heavily against this kind of stuff, and I really can't fault a company for trying to protect themselves from litigation, even if the chance was small. Inaction, or any action that could be percieved as a token "slap on the wrist" could be enough to justify some form of complicity (like w/ file sharing sites). I can't imagine anyone ever winning such a case, but CCP would probably just settle out of court due to the the ridiculous cost of a court case like that, even if they are guaranteed victory. Just my guess based on some bullshit I dealt with years ago where someone brought a frivlolous lawsuit against my non-profit that we knew they had no chance of winning, but we had to settle due to court costs. But vOv I know fuck all about law.Either way, it still sucks. Sorry to hear it went down like this.
    Do you mean the one where the Rutgers student streamed his roomate having gay sex over the internet causing him to commit suicide? I think there's a bit of a difference there, but maybe I'm wrong.

2. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by White Tree View Post
    subtle.
    Xenuria needs to stop recording and GBT LARPing.

I didn't understand half of your reply but it was a hell of a lot more entertaining the Xenuria attempting to sound dramatic while he sticks a cucumber up his ass.

3. Impostor
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkbox Poll View Post
    Do you mean the one where the Rutgers student streamed his roomate having gay sex over the internet causing him to commit suicide? I think there's a bit of a difference there, but maybe I'm wrong.
    Yes, there's a difference. What Mittani did is even worse, it's a fail, that guy didn't even commit suicide !
    Permaban Mittens ! Jail him as well !

Edit: Of course permaban would be harsh. I can't desire that to any Eve player. But jailing him would be cool !

4. We're Only in It for the Money Sentinel Eeex's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fugazii View Post
    No player, no matter how "important" is above the rules. It would be pretty appalling for CCP to give special treatment to someone just because they apologized. If I remember there was pretty big outcry the last time by a certain side about certain special treatment given to their enemy. *Cough, it may be why Kugu is censored.* You break rules you pay the consequence. "CCP I'm super sorry I RMT'd, I was drunk, can I have my account back?" "Yeah sure np." Sorry, doesn't work like that. He should be thankful for 30days.
    What "rule" did he break?

5. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel Eeex View Post
    He threatened someone with (their own) suicide IRL? I still can't wrap my head around how telling someone to kill them self is a threat.

R/P
    Power
    When did anyone tell anyone else to kill themselves? Last I heard, the guy's name was given out as the one that sent that evemail, with the words "he has his own corp. find him.". That's far from telling someone they should kill themselves.
    Turning pretend colourblind angels from spaceship to madship samurais, one post at a time.

7. This is harsh. Evaluate me TheYeti's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I'm going to kill myself over that Xenuria video, no joke.
    Please make sure to file petitions when I'm gone.

8. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

R/P
    Power

10. Impostor
    R/P
    Power
    He doesn't need to break a specific rule.
    If CCP says he broke something, that's enough.

Plenty of banned players haven't received proper explanations on what rule they broke. But that doesn't change anything. Deal with it!
    Kugu itself is banned by CCP.

Edit: Thanks to everyone who commented on my posts. I have a nice collection of "faggot" and "shit poster" comments in my reputation. Which is cool !

11. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Bill Schwartzski's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    as someone who is entirely on the outside of this (and hates Jagermeister):

- Mittens comment about in game persona and out of game persona is truly relevant to the idea of sportsmanship. It's just fine to tell a guy you want to kill him when you are on the scrimmage line. Telling him you want to kill him once the game is over is a no-no.

- CCP sounded like they over-reacted a little bit.

- I "get Goons" and think they make EvE very interesting. In the game. Goons IRL = I'm going to kill myself.

12. We're Only in It for the Money pinoyzzz's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    He made CCP look bad.

Remember, the CSM from its inception was damage control for the T20 fiasco. You can't have it such your council of damage control (and PR) needing its own damage control. He's toxic now.

If this story had gone further, say coverage from a national newspaper like the NYT or LA Times (as likely would have happened if the guy actually did kill himself), it's likely CCP would had to not only get rid of Mittens but would have been under pressure to fire staff who handled and organized fanfest.

13. We're Only in It for the Money Sentinel Eeex's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Constantin View Post
    He doesn't need to break a specific rule.
    If CCP says he broke something, that's enough.

Plenty of banned players haven't received proper explanations on what rule they broke. But that doesn't change anything. Deal with it!
    Kugu itself is banned by CCP.

Edit: Thanks to everyone who commented on my posts. I have a nice collection of "faggot" and "shit poster" comments in my reputation. Which is cool !
    That's because you are a shit posting faggot.

14. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Raketefrau's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    The only thing I don't get about CCP's statement is the bit about how this was fine when they were a new company, but now they're too mature for such asinine behavior.

When did that happen? Did I blink or something?

R/P
    Power
    http://community.eveonline.com/pnp/terms.asp

Terms of Service Rule #1 combined with rule #29 probably.

16. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    Mittani, would you have issued a public apology if if this didn't turn into a shit storm?

R/P
    Power
    -snip-

bad moto

18. legionarei
    Totally on the outside of this as well.

The "community" and the asshole stories that come out of Eve are the biggest asset CCP has, in my opinion. Eve has always been more interesting to read about than to play for me, and jumping all over Mittani for telling one of those stories and making a pretty typical comment is detracting from the reason a lot of people are interested in Eve in the first place. Eve will not work as a happy friendly rainbow hugbox, and the comments from the GM's worry me. Now that they have to play nice because of Sony, DUST and etc., I wonder how far they're going to go in changing the community from the one that we know now into something else that might not be as "compelling."
    Not making any excuses for saying something stupid while drunk, but the reaction was way out of proportion with the culture they've fostered so far, and hints at the possibility of major changes down the road that might take away a lot of what makes Eve Eve.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbechk View Post
    Strange as hell how the gorilla smiles at the shark.

20. The Idiot Bastard Son Internet Spaceships's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Yue View Post

21. Impostor
    R/P
    Power
    Because it was drunk!

22. This is harsh. Evaluate me
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Market Dude View Post
    No exaggeration, the game REALLY needs some new villains. Goons do a great job, but variety is the spice of life and Goons are only filling a portion of the full "bad spaceship guys" spectrum.
    How about some old ones?

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/I...e/corporations

23. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Raketefrau's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    He gets a weird Homer Simpson thing going too.

R/P
    Power
    If GSF really got set -10 to Concord that is the biggest bit of bullshit from this whole thing. I guess there are (wrong imo) arguments to justify the banning and complete removal from CSM for Mittani, but the entire alliance -10 to concord is pretty harsh from a game perspective. Just because of one guy. I would be so pissed if I were in that alliance. Pissing off all of those paying customers... I feel like this shit never would have happened back even two years ago.- If CCP tries to nerf the uniqueness that is strategic dickery in shady ways like this than the game loses whatever intrigue it had left and all is lost.

25. Impostor
    R/P
    Power
    What happens if Mittani kills himself after this shit storm ? The man has feelings.

26. "It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane"
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Mittani, would you have issued a public apology if if this didn't turn into a shit storm?
    ofc he wouldn't have

27. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Wki's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Constantin View Post
    What happens if Mittani kills himself after this shit storm ? The man has feelings.
    You come into our house, our home, and you start to shit on the coats. Get out and shut up.

28. The Idiot Bastard Son Kanloch's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by T'Renn View Post
    If GSF really got set -10 to Concord that is the biggest bit of bullshit from this whole thing. I guess there are (wrong imo) arguments to justify the banning and complete removal from CSM for Mittani, but the entire alliance -10 to concord is pretty harsh from a game perspective.
    What.

R/P
    Power
    it was a quote from bobbechk early in the thread and I can't confirm it independently, so if it's not true then I redact.

30. What Good Is a Glass Dagger?
    R/P
    Power
    ITT someone thinks CCP arbitrarily changes NPC standings to individual alliances.

We're getting to EVEO levels here people.

31. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Mr Coloredshirt's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet Spaceships View Post
    that is a rape smile if i've ever seen one

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin View Post
    Is anyone else thinking there defiantly should be a revote if Mittani has been booted, I mean thats 10k peoples representation down the drain. This whole fiasco makes me hate high-sec inhabitants so much more, I look forward to any repercussions from Goons.
    Apart from there nothing being in the rules about this sort of thing AFAIK, I'd say no due to lack of precedent in the few similar cases in the past.

If they re-run the election because Mittens fucked up and got himself booted the carebears would most likely blot out the forums about why they didn't get to vote again when their Ankhlebiter bint was shitcanned and same with the lowsec/pirate folks after Larkonis' drunk-breaking the NDA.

If you get yourself canned from the CSM, you alone are responsible for wasting the faith/trust/votes placed in you. Now, you can argue all day if Mitten's punishment was deserved or not, but re-running the election would be dumb regardless.
    Just because he's the ~king of space~ doesn't warrant special treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred Hideous View Post
    He threatened someone with (their own) suicide IRL? I still can't wrap my head around how telling someone to kill them self is a threat.
    Spin, spin, spinning along. There is a slight difference between telling someone "kill yourself", "DIAF" (which got Helicity banned until they reversed the ban after the shitstorm iirc), etc. and telling/encouraging the public on a live stream at an official CCP event to grief someone with apparently depressive tendencies into comitting suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones Bones View Post
    ITT someone thinks CCP arbitrarily changes NPC standings to individual alliances.

We're getting to EVEO levels here people.
    Yeah. You have to win an ingame event to get that done.

(Was way before my time, but didn't get BoB a big boost to some NPC, iirc Blood Raider, standings for "winning" at an ISD event?)
    [SIGPIC]Seeing what you did there since 2008[/SIGPIC]

R/P
    Power
    Would anyone even have known about it, and would the guy even have been wardecced right now if it hadn't turned into a shitstorm?
    Turning pretend colourblind angels from spaceship to madship samurais, one post at a time.

34. The Gripping Hand Soft Insanity's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I often apologize for things when no one is upset by it.

35. I have galactorrhea :( Tristan Acoma's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Raketefrau View Post
    The only thing I don't get about CCP's statement is the bit about how this was fine when they were a new company, but now they're too mature for such asinine behavior.

When did that happen? Did I blink or something?
    No, CCP are being pretty much as spastic, contradictory and pants-on-head retarded as they always are when it comes to "Public Relations, a Difficult Thing (tm)"

36. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by tgr View Post
    Would anyone even have known about it, and would the guy even have been wardecced right now if it hadn't turned into a shitstorm?
    Do you think CCP would have shit canned Mittani off the CSM if the incident didn't turn into a shit storm?

R/P
    Power
    Do you think CCP would have shit canned Mittani off the CSM if the incident didn't turn into a shit storm?
    Nope, because nobody would've given a flying fuck, and nobody would've even remembered it was said.

R/P
    Power
    As a little bit of backstory I promised to link you guys but forgot about,

http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread...l=1#post322286

Is the post from November 1st in the gallente ice interdiction thread when I first ganked The Wis and started this entire mess. We reported the incident to CCP then, apparently nothing happens unless you do it in front of Sony entertainment.

39. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex
    R/P
    Power
    GSF Become IT checklist:
    1. [x] Lose everything and recruit a bazillion baddies
    2. [x] Form a Giant pet coalition that always includes executive outcomes
    3. [x] Unironically post like Jade Constantine
    4. [x] Be lead by an incompetent megalomaniac
    5. [x] when you cant score a goal get CCP to move the goalposts. Then boast about it.
    6. [ ] Have no good FCs
    Goonswarm Federation -1 Mr. Vee away from becoming IT.

R/P
    Power
    poor EO. Always a bridesmaid...

41. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Wildside's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    tobruk is more like a BOS refugee in EO than a EO. just saying.
    ------------------------------------
    "God created the world in seven days, in a smaller, but no less impressive gesture, I destroyed HTA in 5"
    Grath

Mr Blue / Twisted girl /Stripperella - SNIGG - PL

42. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex
    R/P
    Power
    GSF Become IT checklist:
    5. [x] when you cant score a goal get CCP to move the goalposts. Then boast about it.
    6. [ ] Have no good FCs
    Attachment 2738

[x] Unironically post like Jade Constantine

43. What Good Is a Glass Dagger?
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobruk View Post
    GSF Become IT checklist:
    6. [ ] Have no good FCs

I refuse to believe that Goonswarm only recently began recruiting baddies. I must consult the Scribes of EVE to verify this history you purport.

44. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex
    R/P
    Power
    why don't you get rejected from PL and develop a complex about it.

R/P
    Power
    Go on ahead to church you goons fucks.

46. The Alien Mind
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkbox Poll View Post

You're right, it's different in a lot of ways (particularly legally since that one was more about an invasion of privacy.) But the reason that case got a lot of attention as well as the crazy lady on facebook is that there's (and I apologize in advance for using this word) a growing interest in "cyberbullying". For us who play the game and understand the context of a lot of this stuff we understand that the standard for inappropriate is very different in EvE than it is in other places (still trying to find that Vonq thread mirror btw), but for outside eyes the vast majority of what goes on in eve seems pretty fucking horrible. And thanks to the presence of the press this was immediately presented in the context of outside eyes.

I guess at the end of the day it was a PR damage control thing, especially set next to their new association with Sony.

Although your point got me thinking....didn't some Rote Kapelle dude have a threesome get live streamed to his alliance? If he kills himself Leboe is going straight to fucking jail.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones Bones View Post
    I refuse to believe that Goonswarm only recently began recruiting baddies. I must consult the Scribes of EVE to verify this history you purport.
    We've always been filled with useless fucks.

48. Adjustment Team FastJack316's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobruk View Post
    GSF Become IT checklist:
    6. [ ] Have no good FCs

Goons were doing most of those before IT even existed so idk why this is news to you

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by tgr View Post
    Nope, because nobody would've given a flying fuck, and nobody would've even remembered it was said.
    Except all the people that were there.

Are you actually trying to defend his actions or having a go at CCP's policies it is hard to tell

I know he is your god and all that, nailed to a cross I heard, but really do you have to even think about this to know that he fucked up, and the best course of actions in situations like this is to remove any association with the problem.

I am pretty sure Mittani gets it despite his posturing, its only 30 days for fucks sake

50. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinx View Post
    Except all the people that were there.

Are you actually trying to defend his actions or having a go at CCP's policies it is hard to tell

I know he is your god and all that, nailed to a cross I heard, but really do you have to even think about this to know that he fucked up, and the best course of actions in situations like this is to remove any association with the problem.

I am pretty sure Mittani gets it despite his posturing, its only 30 days for fucks sake
    he is trying to hold up is record as the shallowest poster on Kugu.

I think we should consider replacing TGR with a bot. It posts 12 times an hour various keyboard combinations of assdfgghijgr and then neg reps 5 "Location: PL" posters each day.