CEX.io
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Liveblogging Fanfest 2012

1. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. jimmychrist's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Iratus View Post
    If they go with the modular design people has been asking for, that means a shitload of assests to produce. Depending on the route they take, that may mean a whole design for each possible combination of modules.
    Yeah but the entire department?!

Quote Originally Posted by Yue View Post
    They gave the nemesis (Pretty sure it was the only decent new model) a killer bomber model, too bad it's still thermal.
    I like the fat man. But yeah the new one looked sweet. I liked the crickets and tumbleweed when they showed the minmatar one though. Aaaand heeeere's... more scaffolding!

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Si'ren View Post
    Wolfsbrigade: Still a better tournament team than PL
    Exploit some buggy mechanics about it.

3. Monalisa Overdrive Phineas Freak's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    WTF CCP

a) announces to have a look at market manipulation/botting/plex prices
    b) then sells real life items(GPU/grafikcards) via plex (2000 plex worth total afaik).

plex price did rise from 480m to 510m in jita within 15 minutes of announcement and will take days to calm down if there are more plexes involved than what i heard on the stream.

well done, well done.

i am rich now biatches

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Phineas Freak View Post
    WTF CCP

a) announces to have a look at market manipulation/botting/plex prices
    b) then sells real life items(GPU/grafikcards) via plex (2000 plex worth total).

plex price did rise from 480m to 510m in jita within 15 minutes of announcement and will take days to calm down.

well done, well done.

i am rich now biatches
    Thats less then 10% difference. Deal with it

Given that the daily volume only in the Forge is usually over 2k i'm not sure if it will cause more of an price increase then what already has happened. (If they make more deals like this over time it will have though!)

5. Monalisa Overdrive Phineas Freak's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Matos View Post
    Thats less then 10% difference. Deal with it

Given that the daily volume only in the Forge is usually over 2k i'm not sure if it will cause more of an price increase then what already has happened. (If they make more deals like this over time it will have though!)
    well the price did rise a little more
    and not worried, i made some isk out of it. and yes, if they make this a regular event you're better of paying with real money :P

6. The Indefatigable Frog
    R/P
    Power
    Might have been a way to kill 2 birds with one stone:

1-They where given a bunch of video cards as a promo, and

2-it allows them to cycle in some of those banned account plexes back into the system without disruption

7. We're Only in It for the Money pinoyzzz's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    The GPU for plex sounds like a good, CCP-sanctioned way to convert ISK into cash money. 100B ISK converts to about $1500 on ebay/craigslist, which is pretty bad compared to real RMT, but you can't get banned or ripped off on this.

If you're a unsubbed with a lot ISK sitting on some account, this offer seems like a good opportunity to 'resub'.

8. Monalisa Overdrive Phineas Freak's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Probably. The problem i see is that these "Real Life" events can have an influence in the ingame-market sanctioned by CCP only. i.e. CCP can (inadvertedly or not) manipulate the ingame market on a short notice via announcements anyway, but if it involves limited item sale offers those with real-time information in these sales can (try to) profit from it.

TL;Dr it is a nice offer, but i am somehow not happy about it because ingame market prices should not depend on RL-item sale offers. That is the only beef i have with it. But maybe i am overestimating the inpact it could have.