I would like to propose turning titans into a mobile outpost - a cross between a POS and an outpost.
A "undeployed" Titan would:
- be able to move (like now)
- be able to use a jump drive
- be able to bridge players
- not be able to activate weapons
This would require the addition of a "deployment module" (similar to a Siege/Triage module) that deploys the titan as a mobile outpost. When deployed:
- strong and/or fuel is burned every hour
- station like services (cloning/repair/etc) are enabled
- high-slot weapons are enabled
- the EHP of the titan is increased significantly
- jump bridge is disabled
- bridging is disabled
- activating/deactivating the deployment module disables all of the above abilities, and takes a long time (1 hour+?)
In terms of fitting:
- high/mid/low slot are used as they currently are for weapons/tank/etc
- services are fitted as a sub-system
The destruction of titan requires it to be reinforced, disabling services, then destroyed after the reinforcement timer.
This will suppose aggressive warfare, allowing an entity to deploy to any region of 0.0, but with the risk of committing a Titan.
Obviously the is a rough idea in its early stages, so flame away. :3