CEX.io
Page 46 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,300 of 2946

Life in a Northern thread - February 2012

1. Did you ever in your puff see such a perfect perisher? Endie's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Apparently the biggest problem that Razor are coming across in Tenal is that they really need a third scimi in their gang in order to tank the 20-man BS gangs that Raiden are capable of fielding in peak euro TZ.

2. Pre-Person
    R/P
    Power
    dreams are my, erm your reality ?????

3. Go fuck yourself Frodo! TomasM's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile rat View Post
    No no, razor is a perfectly adequate 20 man roaming fleet and nothing more. Anything else you've heard is pure fabrication.
    they sure will enjoy rfing all that stuff with 20 bombers too
    Tomas Marny|Origin.|Black Legion.|BBC

R/P
    Power
    Bring 50 tengus to defend a system with 3 tech moons. Run away when we bring 150 dudes. Raiden 2012.

5. Impostor
    R/P
    Power
    so helpless without ev0ke/init./pl/nc.

6. Scammer
    R/P
    Power
    so yeah RZR's 20 man roaming gang with two scimitars came across three tech moons that were just coming out of reinforced. what luck!

7. Shoot blues, Tell Vile Rat. Vile rat's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister McTag View Post
    so yeah RZR's 20 man roaming gang with two scimitars came across three tech moons that were just coming out of reinforced. what luck!
    It's the damndest fucking thing. They are really lucky.

R/P
    Power
    GoonFleet 2012: how many people can your alliance get into a dbrb fleet

9. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    So how did a coalition that was fielding 60 titans a month ago and apparently beating gewns back suddenly failscade to the point that Razor roams are taking its tech?

R/P
    Power
    tbh

Instead of worrying about moon goo we decided to have a 9v9 ~honourable~ space match.

http://kb.raidenalliance.net/?a=kill...d&kll_id=62277

11. The Indefatigable Frog Greatdum's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Y SO MAD View Post
    So how did a coalition that was fielding 60 titans a month ago and apparently beating gewns back suddenly failscade to the point that Razor roams are taking its tech?
    Attrition. Usual reason for losing wars.

12. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Skabbor's Avatar
    J-something or other, fuck wormhole names
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Y SO MAD View Post
    Was wondering this myself, I figured he sov loss to RZR was just a fluke because someone fucked up timing or something. Any juicy drama, with Gordon Cain quitting RDN and all, or was that just him getting tired of sov holding and shit?

Come on good RDN posters, spill the beans.

13. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Opti's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    no one could be falling apart over some sov nobody cares about surely

R/P
    Power
    Looks to me like the age-old tactic used against old BOB seems to be working against the new BOB.
    Turning pretend colourblind angels from spaceship to madship samurais, one post at a time.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by new2 View Post
    so helpless without ev0ke/init./pl/nc.
    Uhh what is going on with the "Tech Cartel", has something gone on we should no about. Any fights you guys throw your big dicks around and support each other to no end (hot drop r us), in order to keep the price of goo artificially high. So what gives?

16. Scammer
    R/P
    Power
    INIT have huge participation issues, haven't seen ev0ke in ages. I saw an NC. gang for the first time in weeks today, though!!!

17. Scammer
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Polian View Post
    tbh

Instead of worrying about moon goo we decided to have a 9v9 ~honourable~ space match.

http://kb.raidenalliance.net/?a=kill...d&kll_id=62277
    Congratulations on this! it surely makes up for the loss of six? tech to RZR wulfpax.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by tgr View Post
    Looks to me like the age-old tactic used against old BOB seems to be working against the new BOB.
    I do expect a massive fuck all battle or two before it's a done deal. Hopefully we get to suicide dreads in a few times. I'm fucking excited.

R/P
    Power
    recruit a million pubbies from eve-o and recruitment chan to literally clog their guns?

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by penifSMASH View Post
    recruit a million pubbies from eve-o and recruitment chan to literally clog their guns?
    I know it's not big in your Culture, but there is such a thing as Concerted Effort.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    I know it's not big in your Culture, but there is such a thing as Concerted Effort.
    "Can you type your name? Good! You can probably orbit and hit f1 too. Apply in-game "

R/P
    Power
    GoonFleet 2012: how many people can your alliance get into a dbrb fleet
    Not as many cheetos as Boats mouth can hold huehuehue. jk Boat owns ? 0707

R/P
    Power
    "Can you type your name? Good! You can probably orbit and hit f1 too. Apply in-game "
    Catholics Need Not Apply? Irish Need Not Apply? Brown People Need Not Apply? Discrimination is bad mmm Kay.

R/P
    Power
    INIT have huge participation issues, haven't seen ev0ke in ages. I saw an NC. gang for the first time in weeks today, though!!!
    INIT and IM have had 20 dishonouourable members of blackops camping their station and jewing systems in southwest Venal for the past few weeks. Initially they tried bait and hotdrop gangs that did not work out well for them at all. Even lost a carrier or two in station games gone terribly wrong.

This has resulted in member apathy, attrition, and some nice firesale contracts in N5Y as their average membership sells all their shit in Venal and slips back to Curse.

As far as Tenal goes, you can only rep the same ihubs and POS for so long every day without any fights (except your carriers randomly getting blown up) before you say "fuck it, let's have honor duels at the sun."

If I were a much better (or much worse) poster, this is the part where I compare the CFC leadership to Quintus Fabius Maximus and Team Tech's to Hannibal, but instead I'll leave you to look it up on wikipedia. Also the metaphor breaks down slightly since there wasn't a very good Battle of Lake Trasimene comparison, unless you count the hundreds of maelstroms DBRB crashed into RDN when this all started.

R/P
    Power
    I'm actually annoyed those fights stopped, I have 30 maelstroms (with fittings) basically just circlejerking themselves into a stupor as we speak, because there's fuck-all to do with them since nobody's apparently losing maels at this point.
    Turning pretend colourblind angels from spaceship to madship samurais, one post at a time.

R/P
    Power
    I think this tactics has worked against any outnumbered alliance in the history of EVE. Also, we really aren't the new BOB, stop being mean!

I cannot point to single reason why the attendance has fallen in Raiden., as there are multiple reasons.

The primary reason in my eyes is attrition. For a while now we've been having 100% participation more or less, with 200 online in alliance, and 170-180 in fleet, with people having between 2 and 5-6 chars in fleet. This has its positive and negative consequences. When people are really fired up and enjoying EVE, 20-30 people can mean 50 in fleet. However, when we see people get bored of structure grinding, and you lose the same 20-30 players, that's also usually 20 supers, with 30 subcaps on top of it. That's what we're seeing currently, and it hampers the people being online's ability to commit supers, which has been our advantage since the beginning of the non-invasion of Tenal. So in essence, if we have 30 of the regular fleet members not showing up to an op, we lose a significantly larger amount of numbers.

Secondary reasons in my book would be losing Gordon Cain, who was getting fed up with the sov system warfare and needing a wel-deserved break, the alliance leaving Tenal, thus fighting for "some region that isn't our home" and finally some disillusionment with our allies supporting us. The last one is more of a personal opinion, but I've had the impression that most of the allies don't really care if we lose our space, and if we do it was because we weren't good enough. Which is fair enough, but it certainly has but strain on our leadership having to coordinate with different allies having different standings, and then also having to deal with bridging allies around because they can't be bothered to set up titan chains on their own.

A final reason for the current situation is also the impressive stamina of the CFC. Sure they have a lot of pilots, but they also have a very dedicated leadership (from an outside perspective) who manage to get big numbers in fleet over a long period of time.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Headblast View Post
    I think this tactics has worked against any outnumbered alliance in the history of EVE. Also, we really aren't the new BOB, stop being mean!

I cannot point to single reason why the attendance has fallen in Raiden., as there are multiple reasons.

The primary reason in my eyes is attrition. For a while now we've been having 100% participation more or less, with 200 online in alliance, and 170-180 in fleet, with people having between 2 and 5-6 chars in fleet. This has its positive and negative consequences. When people are really fired up and enjoying EVE, 20-30 people can mean 50 in fleet. However, when we see people get bored of structure grinding, and you lose the same 20-30 players, that's also usually 20 supers, with 30 subcaps on top of it. That's what we're seeing currently, and it hampers the people being online's ability to commit supers, which has been our advantage since the beginning of the non-invasion of Tenal. So in essence, if we have 30 of the regular fleet members not showing up to an op, we lose a significantly larger amount of numbers.

Secondary reasons in my book would be losing Gordon Cain, who was getting fed up with the sov system warfare and needing a wel-deserved break, the alliance leaving Tenal, thus fighting for "some region that isn't our home" and finally some disillusionment with our allies supporting us. The last one is more of a personal opinion, but I've had the impression that most of the allies don't really care if we lose our space, and if we do it was because we weren't good enough. Which is fair enough, but it certainly has but strain on our leadership having to coordinate with different allies having different standings, and then also having to deal with bridging allies around because they can't be bothered to set up titan chains on their own.

A final reason for the current situation is also the impressive stamina of the CFC. Sure they have a lot of pilots, but they also have a very dedicated leadership (from an outside perspective) who manage to get big numbers in fleet over a long period of time.
    If PL/NCdot were to move in it would be worse than it is now. It would just be alot more blueballs and less fun than we are seeing now. I mean its clear Raiden doesn't care much for Tenal or space in general other than Tech and the ability to build supers. In the end defending Tenal is a reason to fight but not a forging catalyst to go " One last time into the breach". I think everyone understands this p.much why Gfed hasn't pushed harder to attack and why you + your allies havnt pushed harder to defend. Ultimately its even more evidence that 0.0 needs some attention badly from CCP.

28. Inconstant Moon Player of no importance's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MartCo View Post
    INIT and IM have had 20 dishonouourable members of blackops camping their station and jewing systems in southwest Venal for the past few weeks. Initially they tried bait and hotdrop gangs that did not work out well for them at all. Even lost a carrier or two in station games gone terribly wrong.

This has resulted in member apathy, attrition, and some nice firesale contracts in N5Y as their average membership sells all their shit in Venal and slips back to Curse.

As far as Tenal goes, you can only rep the same ihubs and POS for so long every day without any fights (except your carriers randomly getting blown up) before you say "fuck it, let's have honor duels at the sun."

If I were a much better (or much worse) poster, this is the part where I compare the CFC leadership to Quintus Fabius Maximus and Team Tech's to Hannibal, but instead I'll leave you to look it up on wikipedia. Also the metaphor breaks down slightly since there wasn't a very good Battle of Lake Trasimene comparison, unless you count the hundreds of maelstroms DBRB crashed into RDN when this all started.
    Would DBRB be the army of elephants in this analogy?

29. A game of cat and also cat Bowkers's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I'm actually annoyed those fights stopped, I have 30 maelstroms (with fittings) basically just circlejerking themselves into a stupor as we speak, because there's fuck-all to do with them since nobody's apparently losing maels at this point.
    I will make sure I lose some maelstroms for you.

30. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Phey Onat's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Haven't seen NCdot up north but I know they have been roaming Fade :3
    I've noticed that there's a pretty big disconnect between the general consensus of kugu and what's actually happening. It seems enough people have said it in this thread that people are taking it as fact.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TomasM View Post
    they sure will enjoy rfing all that stuff with 20 bombers too
    Then they take tenal, much as they lost tenal...with bomb launcher in hand.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    Catholics Need Not Apply? Irish Need Not Apply? Brown People Need Not Apply? Discrimination is bad mmm Kay.
    People or toons, on either account I am screwed.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Headblast View Post
    words
    The real reason is Team Tech got together and decided to ease off while CCP are discussing titans so Shockwave doesn't get to see in real time 20 guys repeatedly deciding coalition level fights.

d&r

R/P
    Power

I would go with Pharas the Herulian, a Germanic Roman general hunting down the last free tribes in the empire.

According to Agathors translation of Procopius, Martco wrote “Like yourself, I am an illiterate Barbarian, but I speak the language of plain sense and an honest heart. Why will you persist in hopeless obstinacy? Why will you ruin yourself, your family, and nation? The love of freedom and abhorrence of slavery? Alas! my dearest Malcanis, are you not already the worst of slaves, the slave of the vile nation of the INIT? Would it not be preferable to sustain at VFK a life of poverty and servitude, rather than to reign the undoubted monarch of the mountain of NPC space? Do you think it a disgrace to be the subject of Mittens? DBRB is his subject; and we ourselves, whose birth is not inferior to your own, are not ashamed of our obedience to the Space emperor. That generous prince will grant you a rich inheritance of lands, a place in the senate, and the dignity of Patrician: such are his gracious intentions, and you may depend with full assurance on the word of DBRB. So long as heaven has condemned us to suffer, patience is a virtue; but, if we reject the proffered deliverance, it degenerates into blind and stupid despair.”

35. Crashlander
    R/P
    Power

I can't say I am concerned about INIT. participation at all, in fact all things considered I am very happy with the commitment from our guys who consistently field a fleet on a daily basis, often whilst allies are unable or unwilling to form. To be fair, I believe any neutral and objective observer would be hard pressed to see anyone from either side of the conflict who consistently forms significant fleets as often as we do. I really couldn't ask more of our guys.

On a second point, I hate to burst your bubble but I think you're grossly overstating the effectiveness/impact of blackops in Venal area. INIT. core spent the last year living in Curse in the most hostile constellation in the game and have no issues with that. A few cloaky gatecampers is irrelevant to all but the newest intake who are welcome to learn from the school of hard knocks (it's not even something that registers on our radar).

As far as ppl moving back to Curse, there is only one (new at that) corp which has gone to Curse and will be leaving us soon. Most corps which join us don't make the cut and find the lifestyle harder than the allure of 'no sov just fights'. Barely 1 in 5 last more than 3 months, it's nothing new.

The biggest threat to our deployment is blueballs; at least we're getting paid. :-D

36. "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Desert Punk's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Player of no importance View Post
    Would DBRB be the army of elephants in this analogy?
    DBRB would be Marcus M?inucius.

37. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Opti's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    put yellow on all the maps

38. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Punk View Post
    DBRB would be Marcus M?inucius.
    More like Stomachus Maximus or Canus Audibus

R/P
    Power
    Bye bye WN http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/W..../corporations god bless.

Spearhead of DRF no more, Anyway much prefer everyone shooting each other.

40. Inconstant Moon Player of no importance's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Afr1can View Post
    Bye bye WN http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/W..../corporations god bless.

Spearhead of DRF no more, Anyway much prefer everyone shooting each other.
    How do you say "where did all the tech money go?" in russian?

41. Scammer
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Bliss View Post
    I can't say I am concerned about INIT. participation at all, in fact all things considered I am very happy with the commitment from our guys who consistently field a fleet on a daily basis, often whilst allies are unable or unwilling to form. To be fair, I believe any neutral and objective observer would be hard pressed to see anyone from either side of the conflict who consistently forms significant fleets as often as we do. I really couldn't ask more of our guys.
    I personally noticed some participation issues from you guys a while ago (your super pilots threatening to awox people ratting in n5y if they didn't get into fleet) but as a GSF scout I will admit that you seem to form fleets way more than RDN or NC or the germans combined. Why bother?

42. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Opti's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I personally noticed some participation issues from you guys a while ago (your super pilots threatening to awox people ratting in n5y if they didn't get into fleet) but as a GSF scout I will admit that you seem to form fleets way more than RDN or NC or the germans combined. Why bother?
    i too am shit scared of not showing up and missing out on my terrible merc money

43. Scammer
    R/P
    Power
    But Init show up more often than RDN do. How do RDN know if INIT show up if RDN don't?!?!

R/P
    Power
    But Init show up more often than RDN do. How do RDN know if INIT show up if RDN don't?!?!
    KB, plus Init/M are getting lai.. paid, nice too know what the grunts percentage is or do they get ship/hull replacement agreement.

45. The Indefatigable Frog Greatdum's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Shooting Raiden. tech again in EU prime time, no sight of them except fail bombing run.

46. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Checkbox Poll's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    INIT should just shoot RDN tech and get some cash money.

47. Crashlander
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Afr1can View Post
    KB, plus Init/M are getting lai.. paid, nice too know what the grunts percentage is or do they get ship/hull replacement agreement.
    All of our ISK goes back into reimbursements and reserve fund for dry summers and cold winters. Also I have a new Custom X 158...

R/P
    Power
    INIT and IM have had 20 dishonouourable members of blackops camping their station and jewing systems in southwest Venal for the past few weeks.
    This part is 85% untrue.
    Mfume Apocal - Origin. - Black Legion.

49. Scammer
    R/P
    Power
    Sov in EN-GTB is about to tick over for RZR.

:toot:

R/P
    Power
    Damn!

There goes my ratting grounds