CEX.io
Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071 LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,450 of 3526

Goonswarm Federation: The Last Bastion Of True Macho Chat

1. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I'm just mad that Midori Tsu, whoever the fuck that is, broke my chain of snipes.

2. Super Moderator Lorren Canada's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    A bloo bloo the US is so poor. Its not a lack of money, its a poor choice of expenditure. You've got more money that everyone else combined.
    It's called debt. Go look it up in the dictionary

edit: not that our expenditure isn't bad, but that's an entirely different although related issue
    Your posting has been Adjusted

R/P
    Power
    What I love about the US, is how it went from actually turning a profit when clinton left, to super-deficit when bush left, and Obama is seemingly getting the blame.
    Turning pretend colourblind angels from spaceship to madship samurais, one post at a time.

4. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by tgr View Post
    What I love about the US, is how it went from actually turning a profit when clinton left, to super-deficit when bush left, and Obama is seemingly getting the blame.
    That might be because Obama's spending a lot more money than Bush did, but vOv

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MartCo View Post
    I listened to the same NPR story which made the same disclaimers about "its not drinking water" and "its localized" that i made.

Actually the first comment on the story you linked sums it up perfectly. Thanks for helping make my point. Drinking from an aquifer that freely mixes with oil, natural gas, benzene and other hydrocarbons is probably a bad idea even before you introduce hydraulic fracturing. I know I prefer my water with a shiny film on top.
    Actually, you (and the first commenter) should have read the report more carefully then.
    Quote Originally Posted by EPA Report
    Alternative explanations were carefully considered to explain individual sets of data. However, when considered together with other lines of evidence, the data indicates likely impact to ground water that can be explained by hydraulic fracturing.
    Quote Originally Posted by EPA Report
    Gas from Fort Union and Wind RiverFormations is dry and unlikely to yield liquid condensates at ground water pressure and temperature conditions. In addition, a condensate origin for petroleum hydrocarbons in ground water is doubtful because dissolved hydrocarbon gas compositions and concentrations are similar between the two deep monitoring wells and therefore would yield similar liquid condensates, yet the compositions and concentrations of organic compounds detected in these wells are quite different.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix Lag View Post
    That might be because Obama's spending a lot more money than Bush did, but vOv
    If you've ever fixed a car that the previous owner's completely assfucked, then you'll know it takes more money to fix it, than it ever would if it was properly maintained. I'm assuming that's a bit of what we're seeing here, combined with the aftereffects of the financial crisis.
    Turning pretend colourblind angels from spaceship to madship samurais, one post at a time.

7. Super Moderator Lorren Canada's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    True, but there comes a point at which you have to stop blaming your predecessors and own up for your own mistakes. Also, I'd also remind people that our federal budget is being consumed by SS, Medicare and Medicade - and things like the wars and other wasteful spending are only in a drop in the bucket by comparison - those programs have been in place for years and their consumption of the federal budget has been forseen for years. Bush tried to fix it in fact, but got shut down.
    Your posting has been Adjusted

8. We're Only in It for the Money pinoyzzz's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    If you've ever fixed a car that the previous owner's completely assfucked, then you'll know it takes more money to fix it, than it ever would if it was properly maintained. I'm assuming that's a bit of what we're seeing here, combined with the aftereffects of the financial crisis.
    Except that your (and Fix Lag's) premise is wrong. Obama has spent less than Bush (it's not even close). Moreover, Obama's stimulus was insufficiently big by about a factor of two or three.

Arguing about politics in a random spaceguild thread on an internet spaceship forum is a pretty stupid idea though, so I'm done.

R/P
    Power
    The only way this car analogy works is if Obama is 'fixing' the car by ignoring the seized brakes and clogged carb and has instead chosen to sawsall the roof off and break the suspension for demon camber

10. What Good Is a Glass Dagger? Adri's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorren Canada View Post
    ...Also, I'd also remind people that our federal budget is being consumed by SS, Medicare and Medicade - and things like the wars and other wasteful spending are only in a drop in the bucket by comparison - those programs have been in place for years and their consumption of the federal budget has been forseen for years. Bush tried to fix it in fact, but got shut down.
    true this

Currently around 20% of our national income is transfer payments - government pensions and welfare, in addition to the items Lorren mentioned. And as us baby boomers retire that percentage is only going to grow.
    This post happily existed in all possible states before you observed it. Now it has collapsed into a single state.

I hope you're satisfied, fuckwad

11. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Kevin's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Clearly the best way to fix this growing problem is to close your hospitals to people without platinum credit cards and a solid line of credit at the bank.

Oh wait you've already done that.

12. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Someone told me that I was wrong about more money being spent by the Obama administration than by the Bush administration. This is not something that is a debatable matter of opinion; it is quite verifiable. So, here's a handy-dandy spreadsheet from the CBO in a semi-usable format detailing expenditures. Of most importance are the revenues and outlays columns.

[spoiler=Bush deficit spending]2.0057 trillion dollars over 8 years, or 250.7 billion dollars per year average[/spoiler]
    [spoiler=Obama deficit spending]4.3508 trillion dollars over 3.333 years, or 1.305 trillion dollars per year average[/spoiler]
    [spoiler=suck my dick]Pinoyzzz[/spoiler]

13. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    This is getting too serious-business and not enough internet-spaceships oriented. Let's talk about Niggerswarm Federation some more.

14. We're Only in It for the Money pinoyzzz's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Ok, since you're retarded and decided to call me out, I'll post again.

First of all, 2009 is Bush's budget which you seem to think is Obama's. A large portion of the deficit is caused by the two Bush tax cuts, which Obama wanted repealed day 1 -- and things like unemployment benefits, social services are in higher demand due to the recession. A more careful analysis shows Bush added 5 trillion to the deficit and Obama about 1 trillion: http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...7fQ_print.html

The most ironic thing about all of this that Mitt Romney's (even Ron Paul's) plans give higher deficits than Obama in the future: http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/201...iscal-phonies/

R/P
    Power
    I don't care about politics but deficit spending during a economic recession is normal, during an economic boom it is not. Obama took over during a recession, Bush after a period of economic growth. This should put things in perspective.

R/P
    Power
    WHERES THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE MR HUSSAIN?

R/P
    Power
    Goonswarm Federation: An Unending Fount Of Republizard Threads

18. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Guess who made the 2009 budget: Not Bush, and not Obama.

Yes, that's right, it was

19. The Ethics of Madness Iratus's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Fuckin gringos, man.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hChYV.png[/IMG]

"Every rifter counts friend" - VR

20. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Iratus View Post
    Fuckin gringos, man.
    I might as well start selling cocaine for a living; I'll probably be better off than getting a legitimate job with a business degree from a decent university.

R/P
    Power
    I'm pleasently suprised how mature and factual this political discussion has been from reading it, considering this is kugu/eve, I rarely expect to learn anything.

Hmmm maybe i shouldn't have said anything, might have jinxed it.

R/P
    Power
    I might as well start selling cocaine for a living; I'll probably be better off than getting a legitimate job with a business degree from a decent university.
    Depends how you value the risk of getting caught/killed by some crazy customer

23. The Idiot Bastard Son Kanloch's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Or your competition.

24. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    This is what expendable minions are for, guys, jeeze

R/P
    Power
    This is what expendable minions are for, guys, jeeze

He is growing up soo fast

26. "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
    R/P
    Power
    Don't go down that road.

R/P
    Power
    Cocaine isn't the most profitable Drug to sell anyway.

28. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Matos View Post
    It's a bad sign I know exactly what you're referring to.

29. Inconstant Moon syndic thrass's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyzzz View Post
    Except that your (and Fix Lag's)Arguing about politics in a random spaceguild thread on an internet spaceship forum is a pretty stupid idea though, so I'm done.
    That makes you a fucking hypocriticizer too

30. The Ethics of Madness Iratus's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Sodium Citrate + flour = great sham cocaine to sell to stupid kids.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hChYV.png[/IMG]

"Every rifter counts friend" - VR

31. God damn these electric sex pants Marivauder's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    That's almost as cool as having them candy sticks which kids had to act like they are smoking

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Marivauder View Post
    Bullshit. You like the kids just as much.
    Twitter: @Vene_T - RIP Vile Rat.

33. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    Do you like kid sticks?

Do you like kid sticks in your mouth?

34. Did you ever in your puff see such a perfect perisher? Endie's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Our US TZ pulls back a little in the race for 3l1t3 peeveepee status:
    http://kb.batcountry-eve.org/index.p...related/31816/

The Widow warping in at zero after he reshipped was a nice touch. The dude was clearly annoyed as hell. "OK YOU ASKED FOR IT I'M NOT ABOUT GOOD FIGHTS HERE IS THE WIDOW"

You see it is called a "Widow" because it was married to his first ship :V

"Most retarded fight ive ever been in" - Halosponge, FC

Ninja edit: Note that the falcon was not an aw0xer nor (intentionally) with us, he just ended up on our side of the BR.

35. Impostor
    R/P
    Power

First of all, 2009 is Bush's budget which you seem to think is Obama's. A large portion of the deficit is caused by the two Bush tax cuts, which Obama wanted repealed day 1 -- and things like unemployment benefits, social services are in higher demand due to the recession. A more careful analysis shows Bush added 5 trillion to the deficit and Obama about 1 trillion: http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...7fQ_print.html

The most ironic thing about all of this that Mitt Romney's (even Ron Paul's) plans give higher deficits than Obama in the future: http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/201...iscal-phonies/
    When you are trying to make a point, linking NEWS articles and a BLOG from biased companies isn't strengthening your argument. And the idea that Ron Pual will run a bigger deficit is a lie. He wants to cut 1 trillion dollars from the budget in the first year he is in office and wants to remove all of our military bases around the world. Now how could ending a war..closing down international military bases and cutting 1 trillion from the budget increase our debt?

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by gr ant View Post
    When you are trying to make a point, linking NEWS articles and a BLOG from biased companies isn't strengthening your argument. And the idea that Ron Pual will run a bigger deficit is a lie. He wants to cut 1 trillion dollars from the budget in the first year he is in office and wants to remove all of our military bases around the world. Now how could ending a war..closing down international military bases and cutting 1 trillion from the budget increase our debt?
    Um, on a tangent here, where are all the employees and military personnel from those bases supposed to go? Because if he's pretending that by closing those bases he won't have to pay all the folks who work there, I have bad news – it's called contracts, which the U.S. Government/Military and their soldiers/personnel have for specified durations. Closing those bases will certainly save the rent, which is probably less than the salary of a single person on staff at the base...

37. We're Only in It for the Money UnknownPoster's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Endie View Post
    Our US TZ pulls back a little in the race for 3l1t3 peeveepee status:
    http://kb.batcountry-eve.org/index.p...related/31816/

The Widow warping in at zero after he reshipped was a nice touch. The dude was clearly annoyed as hell. "OK YOU ASKED FOR IT I'M NOT ABOUT GOOD FIGHTS HERE IS THE WIDOW"

You see it is called a "Widow" because it was married to his first ship :V

"Most retarded fight ive ever been in" - Halosponge, FC

Ninja edit: Note that the falcon was not an aw0xer nor (intentionally) with us, he just ended up on our side of the BR.
    I'd like to point out, to those interested, to look at the fits of their ships, among them a Falcon with a small local armor rep, and what we have come to call "The Nanno Widow".

38. Pre-Person
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Combat Scrub View Post
    Um, on a tangent here, where are all the employees and military personnel from those bases supposed to go? Because if he's pretending that by closing those bases he won't have to pay all the folks who work there, I have bad news – it's called contracts, which the U.S. Government/Military and their soldiers/personnel have for specified durations. Closing those bases will certainly save the rent, which is probably less than the salary of a single person on staff at the base...
    You are kidding right?

What we pay the soldiers is a pittance compared to the logistics of running the bases and flying around billions of dollars of equipment.

R/P
    Power

Preach it my brother. Next can we talk about how Obama also fixed all the deliberate accounting errors that Bush used to hide the cost of the Iraq war from the yearly deficit reporting? That should be good.

R/P
    Power
    Responding to non-partisan data CBO data with links to Ezra Klein, former Howard Dean employee, founder of the Journolist and source of the quote that that the Constitution is "confusing, because it was written over a hundred years ago" is a pretty big shibboleth that a person's not really worth talking to, and linking Krugman on top of that is just the icing on the cake

41. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Malcanis's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MpozoY View Post
    Responding to non-partisan data CBO data with links to Ezra Klein, former Howard Dean employee, founder of the Journolist and source of the quote that that the Constitution is "confusing, because it was written over a hundred years ago" is a pretty big shibboleth that a person's not really worth talking to, and linking Krugman on top of that is just the icing on the cake
    Bravo, good sir! A textbook example of ad-hominem.

42. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    Yeah, p.much. I'm not going to hate on strudel just because Hitler liked it too.

43. Did you ever in your puff see such a perfect perisher? Endie's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Au contraire, that's one of the reasons I love me a good strudel.

44. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Some Generally Awesome Dude's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    That's not an adhominem. He's attacking the credibility of a supposed expert relevant to the subject expertise, particularly relative to a competing suggested expert source.

It's only a "textbook" adhominem insofar as people throw the term around as a clumsy defense because they read about it in a sophomoric textbook and it sounded cool and authoritative.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Ad hom is attacking you.

He's attacking your sources.

Learn the difference.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Ad hom is attacking you.

He's attacking your sources.

Learn the difference.

Before you get out the pitchforks, "is a pretty big shibboleth that a person's not really worth talking to" is attacking the source and the man.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Yue View Post
    Before you get out the pitchforks, "is a pretty big shibboleth that a person's not really worth talking to" is attacking the source and the man.
    I'd say it's pretty much the opposite, it's a statement that if this is your best citation then meaningful discussions cannot be held with you.

R/P
    Power
    You can call a source bad without calling someone an idiot for using it.

49. Scammer
    R/P
    Power
    but he is an idiot for using it.

50. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Some Generally Awesome Dude's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Your argument is wrong because you're an idiot<-ad hominem

You're an idiot because your argument is wrong<-not an ad hominem (just not very nice abloobloobloo)