CEX.io
Page 81 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,050 of 4473

Centra Posts K-Pop Videos

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Anon View Post
    There are plenty of reasons for why we went for it, but it basically boils down to us theorycrafting and saying "let's do it". Had we failed in killing the titan it would have been bad, but not game-ending bad. We have lost our dread fleets before on rolls of the dice, the key thing being that if we never roll the dice our members will get bored, disheartened and stop logging in and X'ing up. If you always play it safe you'll fade away like the myriad of entities before you.

As for the initial Titan target, I am convinced he'd be dead dq or no dq. There was simply way to much incoming dps on him. If we had dealt with a lesser entity then PL we'd probably have taken few losses and killed a lot more then what we did. Their response time was out of this world and actually faster then our calculated worst case scenario.

As for our finances, yes we do have some old money and but we also have a majority of "newer" 2010 players. Of course FW missions do give us a good steady source of income, but come on none of you can with a straight face tell me you're not making more money with your sanctums/moons/etc. If you have an alliance wallet with 500b in it, what is stopping you fielding 300 dreads? It cannot be SP, we have people in dreads who started playing this game in late '10 early '11. Is it that you lack the will to do it? I think it is.

Why do you not have the will? It might be the same reason that we don't move to null-sec. Almost all of our members would literately rage-quit if we did. These are the same members who readily x up to lose their dreadnaughts in a blaze of glory without any hesitation. Null-sec in it's current iteration is mindblowingly boring - among our older members we have several '03-'06 members who have been through it all, and have come to low-sec for a taste of EVE as it once was - as an example we have in corp 2 of the 10 oldest active players in the game, who started playing in early May '03. Within the 4 militias, and related low-sec pirate groups there, are hundreds of active '03-'04 players, why are they here and not in the "so called end-game"? Because null-sec sucks. It a stale environment that breeds lethargy. I've earlier argued for a return of Space Napoleon (SirMolle or someone with similar ambition of New Eden domination) is the only thing that can save null-sec unless the devs get their heads out of their ass soon, and I stand by that.

As for the dread buff: Moros'es got both the general increase in DPS (do not forget to include t2 siege), and an extra boost because of their lost drones, but furthermore the general hybrid buff. Overheated (yeah OH is apt here, the fight doesn't go on forever) a T2 Moros, with faction ammo and implants does over 15k dps. Of course not everyone has max skills (several are still training t2 siege) so 12k is a better measure for them, other dreads are somewhat less effective.

So what happens if you have a 300 man dread fleet? First off no entity will throw supercaps at you. They're risking their key assets, many of which will die to a fleet pushing 4.000.000 dps. The absolute best they can hope for is winning an isk war, which you shouldn't worry about, as you have premium insurance and ready replacements. They'll be down dozens of supers and in the worst case have lost their power projection for good.

This leads to you having a "Fleet in being" without actually having 50' supers - yeah it's a RL naval term, but one of the few that actually applies to EVE - and once you have that you can force your will on whatever region you want.

tl;dr - null-sec sucks and therefore you don't have the will to be bold. Fix null-sec before applying band-aid nerfs to various ship classes.
    I know you guys killed a titan but don't get ahead of yourself. CFC is fighting Raiden and NCdot, PL would show up to kill goon caps, these are the three most supercap heavy alliances in the game, if we would form 300 dreads they wouldn't bring 20 titans but probably about a hundred or more and a shit ton of supercarriers. That or they just wouldn't show. What is certain is that they would know our numbers and could decide to engage on their own terms.

I am not saying that we wouldn't kill a couple but in the end 5 titans are way easier to replace than 300 dreads. The titan pilots would probably be in a new ship in the next couple days but the dread pilots might have to wait weeks. I still think it's a viable strategy to suicide dreads but only if you can do it on your own terms, forming up a 250 men dread fleet would bring every supercap alliance to the fight and it is impossible to do it unnoticed.

The argument that it will discourage people from bringing titans is flawed because of the bottomless pockets of all tech holding entities and the fact that people love killmails and 300 dreads is a lot of killmails. I am pretty sure that any titan lost in such a fight would be replaced and that would only encourage people to bring their titan.

R/P
    Power
    That is an absolutely awesome post, and spot on! +repped like mad!

Edit: Prod, I think you seriously have overestimated how often and how many supers have been ready to jump in to save an already engaged super fleet

R/P
    Power
    So when they went for the second erebus and quickly went "we can't break the erebus, they have too much rep on the field", that's not actually the case, then?
    Turning pretend colourblind angels from spaceship to madship samurais, one post at a time.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by tgr View Post
    So when they went for the second erebus and quickly went "we can't break the erebus, they have too much rep on the field", that's not actually the case, then?
    No No that is a case of a dwindling number of dreads and an increasing number of carriers and super carriers repping the recently landed Erebus. Besides Imagive how bad it would have been if another Cyno went up and another 50 or 100 dreads popped up on grid. I garantee you the whole PL fleet would have died. Not to mention the KEY number of smartbombing and neuting battleships to ensure repping carriers are capped out.

The fleet of being concept is SPOT ON in my opinion.
    [CENTER][I]Dropping Knowledge[/I][/CENTER]

5. The Indefatigable Frog KAVASION's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by AlJazzira View Post
    No No that is a case of a dwindling number of dreads and an increasing number of carriers and super carriers repping the recently landed Erebus. Besides Imagive how bad it would have been if another Cyno went up and another 50 or 100 dreads popped up on grid. I garantee you the whole PL fleet would have died. Not to mention the KEY number of smartbombing and neuting battleships to ensure repping carriers are capped out.

If another cyno went up and 100 more dreads came on field, for sure PL SC fleet would be in real trouble considering the fact that even if PL Titans were brought to the fight, they cannot DD in low sec! Therefore the amount of time taken to grind through all those Dreads would be too much without DD's and the dreads would be able to take down many SC's in that time. On the other hand, in 0.0 it will be a different story, if Team Tech was able to escalate the fight and counter drop the dreads with a vast number of Titans. But this is a major "if" and without taking the risk you would never know if your opponent is ready for such an escalation.

6. "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
    R/P
    Power
    No No that is a case of a dwindling number of dreads and an increasing number of carriers and super carriers repping the recently landed Erebus.
    that + the fact of being full tank fit with erebus bonus kinda helped me not getting under 90% armor before reps landed.
    as for the neut battleships, either they didnt coordinate or just never neuted me, but i didnt felt them at any point

7. Super Moderator Lorren Canada's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    What I find amusing is that most all of you from Manny to TGR are ignoring that fact that if Odda had actually fit his titan properly he would not have died. And instead of having Manny and Grath pontificating about how these lowsec pubbies have managed to do something the CFC hasn't (which is not entirely wrong) the tables would be turned and every goon and his grandma would be pointing and saying "Look what happens when you try to kill titans with dreads."

Quote Originally Posted by Dego View Post
    http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=12797302

Pandemic Legion more like Jamdemic Legion

gfgf
    I had an active rep itty mark iii but once I d/c I left to play tribes instead.
    Your posting has been Adjusted

8. The Theory and Practice of Time Travel Dinique's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodnovick View Post
    I know you guys killed a titan but don't get ahead of yourself. CFC is fighting Raiden and NCdot, PL would show up to kill goon caps, these are the three most supercap heavy alliances in the game, if we would form 300 dreads they wouldn't bring 20 titans but probably about a hundred or more and a shit ton of supercarriers. That or they just wouldn't show. What is certain is that they would know our numbers and could decide to engage on their own terms.

I am not saying that we wouldn't kill a couple but in the end 5 titans are way easier to replace than 300 dreads. The titan pilots would probably be in a new ship in the next couple days but the dread pilots might have to wait weeks. I still think it's a viable strategy to suicide dreads but only if you can do it on your own terms, forming up a 250 men dread fleet would bring every supercap alliance to the fight and it is impossible to do it unnoticed.

The argument that it will discourage people from bringing titans is flawed because of the bottomless pockets of all tech holding entities and the fact that people love killmails and 300 dreads is a lot of killmails. I am pretty sure that any titan lost in such a fight would be replaced and that would only encourage people to bring their titan.
    The fact that Team Tech will know your every move and thought has nothing to do with Titans
    [IMG]https://www.pandemic-legion.com/forums/image.php?u=1218&type=sigpic&dateline=1226360240[/IMG]

9. Pre-Person
    R/P
    Power
    O// FG here O//

I couldn't resist registering to post into this thread to give some more "inside info" on Friday's fleet and to give some comments to some of the discussions that have followed it.

1) Thanks to PL for all the respect and props! And respect in return for being massive sports!

2) As the main FC of the fleet i'd like to give some behind the scenes in respect of the video to people and comment them saying "shady/bad target calling. Before you get the wrong impression : I totally agree with the fact that the target calling was shady/suboptimal (i wouldn't go so far as to call it bad). But when saying this i think people need to consider at the same time what was happening. Lock Out and Tekitha were subcommanders and target callers with me (supposedly) being the main caller.

When you hear the order given for the Dreads to undock and "get really fucking ready" i'm on seperate comms making sure the cyno's are 100% perfect. I had at that point already given out beforehand most orders (i.e. which cyno's to jump to for the various people, what to do upon loading grid etc). When we finally jump and I start calling targets people will notice me stopping to call targets until Tekitha picks up and calls the Erebus at the perfect time. I stopped calling targets because i was completely shocked at PL's out of this world response time and that despite the fact that we had scouted your fishing fleet. Tekitha picks up the calling without a hitch though and I'm grateful to have 30 seconds to get a grip on myself.

As far as primary'ing Archon's over Thannies goes, i was gunning for the fact that a lot of archons would be most likely be triage fit and be able to provide the most rep to the Titan that's the reason I personally started off with Archons instead of Thannies. I don't think there's a big difference when you have a peak, let's say, 400k dps, upon jumping in between primarying Archons over Thannies with the time it takes to kill them.

As far as calling the Aeon goes, Tekitha said afterwards "I'm not sure what was going through my head when i called it" and of course people are right when saying that that was a bad call. But consider this: we just jumped straight into PL homesystem to murder a Titan knowing they had at least 15 supers available straight away hearts pumping like raceboat engines and adrenaline flowing like nothing we've ever had before. Considering that when he called the Aeon a lot of other support had already jumped in as well i can only say massive props for standing up to the pressure and just keeping on calling. When Lock Out then says to Tek that the Aeon is essentially combat fit, i take over and call chesso in the Erebus to see if he's tank fit/tracking fit and if we still have enough dps to make a dent. We didn't. So we went back to calling carriers, me still going with archons for reasons of both range and Triage mentioned above and when i go down Tek starting to call Thannies as our DPS starts to dwindle from being killed off much quicker.

All in all i'm very surprised myself that, while you're yet able to feel the pressure that we're under, comms are still very calm and orderly considering the circumstances.

3) I think the people here who are saying that Dreads is not the solution for making dents into copious amounts of supercarriers and titans are kidding themselves and i'm with Grath on this one (and the others who are saying it too). Nobody is saying you should just throw 300 Dreads into the mix and hope for the best.

When Grath says that we're "innovative" what he means is that we brought the right tools for the job at hand and that you should stop whinging and use your brains properly instead.

Here's some ideas off the top of my head. Grath and the other Titan pilots told you in this very thread that bumping when cyno'ing in is very problematic and another guy argues that it doesn't happen very often. Well my question is : Why don't YOU MAKE IT HAPPEN? You can't seriously argue that you can't afford 30 guys in insured paid for fully EM/THERM tanked Dreads to cyno in on 0 meters into the middle of a Supercarrier/Titan fleet to bump them away from each other because nobody will buy it if that's the crap you're trying to sell.

Second, you saw us use neuting and smartbombing (granted smartbombing execution leaves to be desired; neuting wasn't perfect either) why don't you adapt your compositions and use tools (bombs, neuting bombs) that you have at your disposal for achieving the same effect instead of getting everybody into perma MWD Drakes and getting killed in droves by Titans. If you're in 0.0 use bombersquads to greater effect.

Another hint: Fighterbombers have traveltime and as such supercarriers take a little time to apply DPS to Dreads; use that to your advantage and use long range (100km) medium range (50km) and close range Dreads. Cyno them in at various spots with various cyno's and you increase your own surival time greatly and the longer you survive the more time you have to apply massive DPS to your targets.

tl;dr : Stop making up excuses and start being creative - innovate and show that you can put the 500 people that you can bring for your start ops to proper use instead of taking the easy way out and sticking everyone into perma MWD Drakes to lob missiles while you're dying in dozens.

10. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Arrador's Avatar
    Perrigrin, tenerifis, immensea, fucked if I know
    R/P
    Power
    Fleet of Being is just another word for blue balls.
    [Arrador] possesses a considerable understanding of ship configurations, strengths and weakness. He gives clear and purposeful instructions, is good at taking advantage of the fleet-composition he's dealt, and never loses sight of the main goal: fun. This, paired with an excellent tolerance for strong drink gives him an almost Churchillian capability to win, despite being completely pissed on booze most of the fleet operation.

11. What Good Is a Glass Dagger? Ricky's Avatar
    R/P
    Power

I am not saying that we wouldn't kill a couple but in the end 5 titans are way easier to replace than 300 dreads. The titan pilots would probably be in a new ship in the next couple days but the dread pilots might have to
    yeah thats some awesome logic cause 300 dreads would only kill 5 tits before all was dead, rly if thats how you guys think i can see the issue here.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorren Canada View Post
    What I find amusing is that most all of you from Manny to TGR are ignoring that fact that if Odda had actually fit his titan properly he would not have died. And instead of having Manny and Grath pontificating about how these lowsec pubbies have managed to do something the CFC hasn't (which is not entirely wrong) the tables would be turned and every goon and his grandma would be pointing and saying "Look what happens when you try to kill titans with dreads."
    Actually, I have thought of it, I just haven't brought it up in this thread. And trust me, if he had been tank-fit, and actually did survive, they'd just go "well, you didn't bring enough".

Seriously, if this dropping suicide dreads on top of titans became a common thing, what'd happen is that they'd just adapt the way they enter a system or grid to minimize bumpage, so they'd counter everything by being able to jump in with enough "support" (i.e. carriers and supercarriers) to keep any titan dropped on alive, while letting the titans refit from tank to blap to tank fit, as situations demand.

It's just a matter of proper organization, and you can be certain that they would take these precautions if f.ex we kept repeating the suicide dread act of ours, instead of just (for whatever reason) keeping it as a one-off thing.
    Turning pretend colourblind angels from spaceship to madship samurais, one post at a time.

13. I have galactorrhea :(
    R/P
    Power
    Seriously. WTF.

What stops you guys from stockpiling 300 extra dreads for replacement? Nothing. You've got tech too, and the damn things can be built in lowsec stations.
    Supers need to be built in CSAA's, and are quite hard to stockpile since you need a lot of sitter-alts for that, and there is only so many you can buy off the open market at any one time.

I don't get why you only deployed dreads against us once, when that was a clear succes (not counting the silly Levi loss right after). There's so many ways to separate supers from each other and drop on them, and still you seem to have stopped trying. Guess it's easier to wait for april and hope the nerf changes things.

14. We're Only in It for the Money Sentinel Eeex's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Dreads and Titans online ™

They should just remove all subcaps from the game, except dictors, of course.

I don't get why you didn't deploy dreads against our supercapital fleet either.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorren Canada View Post
    I think he still would have died. If he had a full tank fit and there wasn't 10+ supercarriers ready to instantly jump to him before he was even shot at, he would have 100% died.

The rest of these cry babby posts about how it would never work are hilarious though, thanks for proving that you are definitely worse than FW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

16. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Mr Coloredshirt's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I think we all know the real answer here is sigtanking torp phoons.

R/P
    Power

SOUNDS LIKE AN ENDORSEMENT TO ME!!!!
    "It pains me to say it but you are a good poster." - Vonq

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post

Haha, that is absolutely epic!

Elise for the Icelandic Space Government!

R/P
    Power
    What a shitty youtube gimmick.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by tgr View Post
    What a shitty youtube gimmick.
    Hey Kermit, why don't you rip off more Jim Henson, stop posting and pork Miss Piggy.
    "It pains me to say it but you are a good poster." - Vonq

21. The Idiot Bastard Son Kanloch's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    What the fuck did I just watch

22. Piper in the Woods NOTwhitetree's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I sure got a boner

R/P
    Power
    Hey Kermit, why don't you rip off more Jim Henson, stop posting and pork Miss Piggy.
    I'll get to her when I'm done with your mom.

24. Super Moderator Lorren Canada's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffraider View Post
    The rest of these cry babby posts about how it would never work are hilarious though, thanks for proving that you are definitely worse than FW.
    Oh lordy tell me about it. We keep losing T3/ahac incursion fleets to their roaming gangs

Also, what the flying fuck am I watching?
    Your posting has been Adjusted

R/P
    Power
    What fucking world do you people live in, I mean, this is probably the dumbest shit I've ever heard right here, the worst part being that you probably actually believe that.

26. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Opti's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    What fucking world do you people live in, I mean, this is probably the dumbest shit I've ever heard right here, the worst part being that you probably actually believe that.
    if you like these delusional FW cunts that much and think their complete idiotic lucky ass roll of the dice is even in the same league as us real boss players then join them and dont come back to the real world

shit isnt even apples to oranges

27. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Mr Coloredshirt's Avatar
    R/P
    Power

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Opti View Post
    if you like these delusional FW cunts that much and think their complete idiotic lucky ass roll of the dice is even in the same league as us real boss players then join them and dont come back to the real world

shit isnt even apples to oranges
    This is where Opti shows how furious he is that the FW newbies put up more of a fight for their territory than the entire NC did, with better results.

29. What Good Is a Glass Dagger? Ricky's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coloredshirt View Post
    I think we all know the real answer here is sigtanking torp phoons.
    Mix it up whit a drop on dreads and fail jumps, and soon all our titan problem are gone.

30. What Good Is a Glass Dagger? Ricky's Avatar
    R/P
    Power

Definitively an endorsment theres no doubt in my mind.

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    i'm sure there had been less :words: for the y-2 slaughter than this 1 dced titan and the 30 amarr navy dreads. Eve must be dreadfully boring lately...

~~~~GIMMIE +REP+ GIMMIE~~~~

32. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Murr View Post
    i'm sure there had been less :words: for the y-2 slaughter than this 1 dced titan and the 30 amarr navy dreads. Eve must be dreadfully boring lately...
    If you were playing this game you'd know the answer to your question and, as a result, would stop playing right away.
    So there you have it; it's all your fault... somehow.
    Monkeys killing monkeys killing monkeys over places of the ground.
    Silly monkeys, give them thumbs, they make a club and beat their brothers down.

The universe is hostile, so impersonal: Devour to survive - So it is, so it's always been!

33. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Opti's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    This is where Opti shows how furious he is that the FW newbies put up more of a fight for their territory than the entire NC did, with better results.
    yet im not retarded enough to think that all it takes is ~some balls~ and to benchmark everybody by some random ass nobodies getting lucky and killing some retard in lowsec where half the super mechanics dont even work~

R/P
    Power
    yet im not retarded enough to think that all it takes is ~some balls~ and to benchmark everybody by some random ass nobodies getting lucky and killing some retard in lowsec where half the super mechanics dont even work~
    Yea, I'd call a plan that was put into place to attack an asset where and when it was weakest lucky too.

Of course I'm told everybody else calls it strategy.

35. God damn these electric sex pants Marivauder's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    yet im not retarded enough
    I for one disagree

36. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Opti's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Yea, I'd call a plan that was put into place to attack an asset where and when it was weakest lucky too.

Of course I'm told everybody else calls it strategy.
    if you come back with an apples to apples situation to compare then maybe i could accept that X alliance has no balls and is making up obstacles to justify said cowardice

p.s. waiting on a situational event that has a very low probability of occuring as justification wont work

R/P
    Power
    Mother of god.

R/P
    Power
    Fuck, I +repped Opti by mistake, someone cover me here

R/P
    Power
    Y-W.
    Mfume Apocal - Origin. - Black Legion.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Mfume View Post
    Y-W.
    Probably one of the days he didn't log in, thus forever robbing him of any possibility acting like a normal person after the fall of the NC.

I mean fucking honestly, you turned out pretty god damn normal after you were plucked from the brain farm that was the NC, what the hell is wrong with Opti.

41. Monalisa Overdrive Phineas Freak's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Opti sounds a lot like someone posting on a certain alliance forum arguing that the loss actually did help PL and is harming us poor dread lovers in the long run.

the quorum is still deliberating.

IMHO unless you had your testicles removed you should give anything to kill a titan, plant an elaborated rumour, build a refinery next to another refinery. only then you''ll become a man.

42. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Opti's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    they robbed me of my king of red status, i have to get my revenge somehow

43. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Opti's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Probably one of the days he didn't log in, thus forever robbing him of any possibility acting like a normal person after the fall of the NC.

I mean fucking honestly, you turned out pretty god damn normal after you were plucked from the brain farm that was the NC, what the hell is wrong with Opti.
    mfume wasnt real NC

R/P
    Power
    mfume wasnt real NC
    yeah, i was part of an alliance that actually logged in lol
    Mfume Apocal - Origin. - Black Legion.

45. Inconstant Moon syndic thrass's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffraider View Post
    aka 5 Moros can break 10 supercarrier reps
    Haha holy shit I overestimated supercarrier's reps.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by syndic thrass View Post
    You'd be amazed at the number of people who have never even looked at the math and just scream about how it won't work.

47. Go fuck yourself Frodo! Mynas's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by syndic thrass View Post
    ....and underestimated the locking range of those supercarriers and the dps of 200 fighterbombers.

48. Go fuck yourself Frodo! Mynas's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    You'd be amazed at the number of people who have never even looked at the math and just scream about how it won't work.
    Remind me of the last time you engaged an enemy with six tines the number of active titans you have under 21% TiDi and how those maths worked out un practice.

49. What Good Is a Glass Dagger? Ricky's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynas View Post
    Remind me of the last time you engaged an enemy with six tines the number of active titans you have under 21% TiDi and how those maths worked out un practice.
    fair argument. but what happens when there's no subcap counter anymore besides more subcap and you come rolling whit 750 maelstrom? aint it gonna be boring for you guys then?

50. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Muhadin's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    fair argument. but what happens when there's no subcap counter anymore besides more subcap and you come rolling whit 750 maelstrom? aint it gonna be boring for you guys then?
    Brings 750 maels with 4 huginns and gets owned by tengu fleet.
    Muhadin - Origin. - Black Legion.