CEX.io
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Titan Rebalance 2012 - "Move the goalposts closer, I can't score"

R/P
    Power
    Being Scottish if he's in A&E it's because he's been glassed in a pub.

2. Prince Sky Pirate Razzor "Higgins" Toxic Death the Astral Walker Razzor's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Sverige Pahis View Post
    Being Scottish if he's in A&E it's because he's been glassed in a pub.
    and being Scottish there is a good chance he took 4 of them down before hand.

3. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Malcanis's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Being Endie, there's a fair chance that he manipulated 4 guys into glassing each other and only got hurt when he slipped on a puddle of bloody beer

4. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee? HaydenJD's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzor View Post
    Being Scottish, I can confirm this.

5. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power

6. Super Moderator Lorren Canada's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Ok so I've had levi pilots tell me this nerf was the best thing ever for them and other guys tell me this is an even worse nerf to levis; which is it?
    Your posting has been Adjusted

R/P
    Power
    sebos on a shield titan are an awesome idea
    Mfume Apocal - Origin. - Black Legion.

R/P
    Power
    Pros for levi: Citadel missiles are less crap in comparison to turrets.

cons: Their scan res gets nerfed. And to remedy it they have to give up tank slots

9. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee? G M's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorren Canada View Post
    Ok so I've had levi pilots tell me this nerf was the best thing ever for them and other guys tell me this is an even worse nerf to levis; which is it?
    Its sort of a buff, levis are still useless against subcaps, but they can hit moving caps. They allways did solid DPS when hitting caps or structures though.

(However the 'sekret levi buff' is still invalid with target painters and webs)

10. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorren Canada View Post
    I'd it's quite a big for everyone, except those who and that's including the guys that don't think so. Personally, I think it's somewhat of for titan pilots.

One thing's for sure though.

R/P
    Power
    I, too, have tried to speak to Levi pilots. Sadly, they're knuckle-dragging, sub-human degenerates who can only grunt, point and throw feces.

It was not a productive conversation.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotch View Post
    I, too, have tried to speak to Levi pilots. Sadly, they're knuckle-dragging, sub-human degenerates who can only grunt, point and throw feces.

It was not a productive conversation.
    Let me tell you about a man named Gossamer DT, who swears by Caldari Capitals.
    Twitter: @Vene_T - RIP Vile Rat.

13. Super Moderator Lorren Canada's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Y SO MAD View Post
    I'd it's quite a big for everyone, except those who and that's including the guys that don't think so. Personally, I think it's somewhat of for titan pilots.

haha what

e: I'm chuckling entirely too much at this
    Your posting has been Adjusted

R/P
    Power
    Titans die easy yo: http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=12761765

Need dem 3 weapon mods to Smartbomb stuff.

15. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee? HaydenJD's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Yue View Post
    Titans die easy yo: http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=12761765

Need dem 3 weapon mods to Smartbomb stuff.
    Apparently he DC'd and couldn't refit and if that hadn't happened he would have lived.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydenJD View Post
    Apparently he DC'd and couldn't refit and if that hadn't happened he would have lived.
    According to PL, that whole DC'd/crashed thing is a lie.
    Turning pretend colourblind angels from spaceship to madship samurais, one post at a time.

17. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee? HaydenJD's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by tgr View Post
    According to PL, that whole DC'd/crashed thing is a lie.
    Not surprised, what actually happened then? I see a shit ton of supers killed almost all the dreads anyway.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydenJD View Post
    Not surprised, what actually happened then? I see a shit ton of supers killed almost all the dreads anyway.
    I don't have proof either way that he crashed or logged, it just seems might fucking suspicious and I'd rather err on the side of faggotry than cut the dude any slack since it was fucking absolutely retard fit in a shitty position doing a stupid thing it had no business doing under the circumstances.

19. We're Only in It for the Money Sentinel Eeex's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Y SO MAD View Post

Brilliant

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    I don't have proof either way that he crashed or logged, it just seems might fucking suspicious and I'd rather err on the side of faggotry than cut the dude any slack since it was fucking absolutely retard fit in a shitty position doing a stupid thing it had no business doing under the circumstances.
    Well at least you're not going with the "Everyone knows you can't refit a titan in a fleet fight" defense

21. What Good Is a Glass Dagger? Mizuchi's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MpozoY View Post
    Well at least you're not going with the "Everyone knows you can't refit a titan in a fleet fight" defense
    Everyone knows you cant refit a titan in a fleet fight.

22. Inconstant Moon
    R/P
    Power
    That kill is nutbustingly funny.

Old CCP would roll back all the changes to titans from Dominion on but keep the finger of death, turning it into a floating dildo of uselessness. Dread DPS & siege mode with modern titan tank and the finger of doom would probably piss everyone off, but I'll bet a dollar that's what ends up happening.

It doesn't seem like there's any sort of consensus on a good direction for titan balancing, which will probably mean CCP hurr'ing this shit up good.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeon221 View Post
    That kill is nutbustingly funny.

It doesn't seem like there's any sort of consensus on a good direction for titan balancing
    Actually the common consensus is to outright remove them from game and compensate the owners for the removal.

That outright fixes the problem, and doesn't really fuck anybody.

R/P
    Power
    Actually the common consensus is to outright remove them from game and compensate the owners for the removal.

That outright fixes the problem, and doesn't really fuck anybody.
    I presume the reimbursement should come in the form of minerals, since that's the only thing that's actually been "taken out" of the economy during the transaction.
    Turning pretend colourblind angels from spaceship to madship samurais, one post at a time.

R/P
    Power
    I presume the reimbursement should come in the form of minerals, since that's the only thing that's actually been "taken out" of the economy during the transaction.

Could be good to time the removal at the same time as the drone nerf. Titan pilots can unload there mins on the market making the pitfall of mineral supply in the flux of gap from transition from Drone Poo to mining easier on the Eve economy. The market would saturate somewhat but I think the timing would be best during the same patch that removes min drops from drone rats. I mean emasculating titans again for the 5th time ( this is the 5th time correct?) Is just even more of a slap in the face when CCP has presented the ship since 2006 as a Offensive weapon. I'd rather just delete titans than have some toothless non offensive jump-bridge. In the titans place introduce some new capital or supercapital class that serves some support/logistical role that the void would fill. At least then the pilots who chose to get one would be going in with open eyes of what the ship is versus the ever shifting goalpost of CCP in reference to Titans.

R/P
    Power
    So you're saying that the people who've gotten into a titan the last year, year and a half, have unironically thought that there couldn't possibly be any changes coming to titans, at all?

27. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Malcanis's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    So you're saying that the people who've gotten into a titan the last year, year and a half, have unironically thought that there couldn't possibly be any changes coming to titans, at all?
    It's always the one who are the last to jump onto the bandwaggon who are loudest in defending it

28. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Some Generally Awesome Dude's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    ROFL reimbursement

you aint getting shit. no exaggeration, you have zero chance.

wolololololol

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    It's always the one who are the last to jump onto the bandwaggon who are loudest in defending it
    The ship has been billed as a offensive hullclass since its inception with the ability to hurt subcaps. Or has this been anything else than abundantly clear?

30. The Mote in God's Eye HeliconOne's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    CCP aren't going to delete Supercaps, they're just going to give them non-combatant roles.

I'm sure you'll all enjoy flying your unarmed 100bn outposts.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    Could be good to time the removal at the same time as the drone nerf. Titan pilots can unload there mins on the market making the pitfall of mineral supply in the flux of gap from transition from Drone Poo to mining easier on the Eve economy. The market would saturate somewhat but I think the timing would be best during the same patch that removes min drops from drone rats. I mean emasculating titans again for the 5th time ( this is the 5th time correct?) Is just even more of a slap in the face when CCP has presented the ship since 2006 as a Offensive weapon. I'd rather just delete titans than have some toothless non offensive jump-bridge. In the titans place introduce some new capital or supercapital class that serves some support/logistical role that the void would fill. At least then the pilots who chose to get one would be going in with open eyes of what the ship is versus the ever shifting goalpost of CCP in reference to Titans.
    SLAP IN THE FACE

R/P
    Power
    The ship has been billed as a offensive hullclass since its inception with the ability to hurt subcaps. Or has this been anything else than abundantly clear?
    Quote Originally Posted by http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=696
    First up is that the current weapon bonuses on Titans will get just a tiny bit of an enhancement so that the turret locators actually might get used. This damage will vary with fittings, just as with any other ship, but will certainly enable a Titan to make its presence felt if the pilot so chooses. Second, to ensure that you don't instantly melt and can survive more than a minute on the modern EVE capital battlefield, we will be giving Titans a respectable hit point increase. This will not render Titans invulnerable to assault, but it should allow allied forces time to properly assist them after someone says, "Hey, watch this!" on voice comms and gets in trouble.

The future of this ship class is not set in stone and as EVE continues to evolve they may find even more roles to play. For now, we consider these changes to be a step forward in bringing Titans closer to being an actual ship instead of the giant nano-smart bombs they have become. However, Titans won't be alone in dealing with the capital fleets of EVE...
    Notice how it says "with the capital fleets of EVE"? Noticed how doomsdays were specifically excluded from subcaps because a lot of the time what they were used for was to doomsday logistics? Notice how CCP are, once again, talking about making changes to try to dissuade the use of titans against subcaps?

There's a reason for that. They, and supercarriers, were supposed to be anti-capital weapons. People kept shoehorning it into an anti-subcap role, and here we are.

33. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    The second they become flying outposts I'll be all , as that should have been there intended roll from the start.

For groups like Pandemic Legion who do not want any sovereignty in zero zero space they will function as the ultimate forward base when assaulting a alliance. You drop a Titan, perhaps two or three (to make sure your fleet has multiple places to reship from) and proceed to lay waste to the system. The defenders (if they undock) have two choices, focus fire on the Titans with there OP hp (they will need to get mayor boost to current hit points) or deal with the support fleet.

If they go after the Titans first they risk the chance of letting the Titans be repped by the hostile fleet. But if they go after the support fleet first they might be able to just respawn in one of the Titans and instantly undock in a new ship.

So if done right I think people could still have fun with them, but it would require mayor tweaking of the Titans stats as it would at least need 20 times its hp if not more.

Also make it fit a total of 24 guns (4 capital, and 20 regular)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

R/P
    Power
    They, and supercarriers, were supposed to be anti-capital weapons. People kept shoehorning it into an anti-subcap role, and here we are.
    No, this is stupid and people keep saying it.

Titans have always murdered sub caps.

If you take a shotgun and stick flowers in the barrel and say its a vase, its not a fucking vase, its a shotgun, and all your words are nothing but shit when you pull the trigger. You can SAY a titan was meant for whatever you want, but they've been here for YEARS doing the same thing: Murdering sub caps.

The number of actual caps that have died to titans is a pittance compared to the number of sub caps that have died, this whole "They weren't meant to be that way, its obvious, look they keep changing them" is bullshit, they've always done that, they were meant to do that, no matter how many changes they make they can still do that.

The only place they were meant to battle caps only was in your collective desires of what you wanted the ship to be.

35. How to Build a Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later El Space Mariachi's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzor View Post
    Shame they couldn't translate that natural fury into Rugby skills

R/P
    Power
    I think the very first role for the titan was a fleet enhancer. Giving bonus and cyno gangs around. The old DD was thought of a last resort kind of thing.

CCP was completely blind to how we would use them.

R/P
    Power

If you take a shotgun and stick flowers in the barrel and say its a vase, its not a fucking vase, its a shotgun, and all your words are nothing but shit when you pull the trigger. You can SAY a titan was meant for whatever you want, but they've been here for YEARS doing the same thing: Murdering sub caps.

The number of actual caps that have died to titans is a pittance compared to the number of sub caps that have died, this whole "They weren't meant to be that way, its obvious, look they keep changing them" is bullshit, they've always done that, they were meant to do that, no matter how many changes they make they can still do that.

The only place they were meant to battle caps only was in your collective desires of what you wanted the ship to be.
    "But they've always been like that" isn't a fucking justification. CCP realized how shitty it was that titans could wreck subcaps, and they've been steadily trying to make it so they can't, in the scope of what is possible in the game, do it any more. This isn't what we wanted the ship to be, it's what CCP wants it to be. If you can't deal with it then go play some korean grindfest mmo where you can pay your way to being an asshole.

R/P
    Power
    Notice how it says "with the capital fleets of EVE"? Noticed how doomsdays were specifically excluded from subcaps because a lot of the time what they were used for was to doomsday logistics? Notice how CCP are, once again, talking about making changes to try to dissuade the use of titans against subcaps?

There's a reason for that. They, and supercarriers, were supposed to be anti-capital weapons. People kept shoehorning it into an anti-subcap role, and here we are.
    Lul.

R/P
    Power

They were a subcap murdering weapon, yes, that's why there were changes made to them. But please, do point out anywhere in that devblog or any devblog, where they've hinted at titans being a subcap weapon. All I see is "dealing with capital fleets", and every change I've seen them make since they went away from the AOE DD, has been to try to dissuade people from using it on subcaps.

40. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Have to agree with the people who say they were meant to deal with the subcap ship classes. This was the main reason of the doomsday device and why you used to be able to fire it remotely even though that was just some retarded bullshit, tho bet the few lucky of the early pilots had a blast with it.

It was suposed to be like this, subcaps kill caps, caps kill supercaps, and supercaps kills subcaps.

Doomsday was created to deal with the 400man fleets and force them to keep moving and split up in smaller fleets so they would not all be caught in a single doomsday blast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

R/P
    Power
    I love how people ignore the fact that in six years since their introduction, the game that titans exist in (and thus the role they have to fill) has DRASTICALLY changed.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyl3lazer View Post
    "But they've always been like that" isn't a fucking justification. CCP realized how shitty it was that titans could wreck subcaps, and they've been steadily trying to make it so they can't
    You're fucking retarded. They've not really ever taken the titans larger ability to murder sub caps away. They just move it around the ship, and even their current aims at curtailing it is going to fall completely short.

If somebody handed you a fucking buck knife and told you it was a hair brush, would you believe them?? If they changed around which side the blade was on 2 or 3 times would that somehow make it more acceptable to you to try to groom yourself with it?

No, no you fucking wouldn't. It kills sub caps. Its always killed sub caps, regardless of if they are trying to nerf it or not now, it was never intended to be an anti capital platform, it was intended, always, to rape everything.

I love how people ignore the fact that in six years since their introduction, the game that titans exist in (and thus the role they have to fill) has DRASTICALLY changed.
    Thats fine, but people need to stop saying what Titans were intended to be, when thats not what they were intended to be at all. On this page alone there are 2 or 3 posts saying that they would best be served by absolutely being removed. Thats about the most drastic role change possible

43. The Theory and Practice of Time Travel Dinique's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Titans we're introduced as the ultimate in forcible rape technology, and at no point in their history were they ever supposed to be just capital rape oriented. AoE DD ffs? CCP seems to only have really changed their minds about that relatively recently, ineptness aside.
    [IMG]https://www.pandemic-legion.com/forums/image.php?u=1218&type=sigpic&dateline=1226360240[/IMG]

R/P
    Power
    No, no you fucking wouldn't. It kills sub caps. Its always killed sub caps, regardless of if they are trying to nerf it or not now, it was never intended to be an anti capital platform, it was intended, always, to rape everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=717
    Titans

The Titans primary value should be as a fleet's logistical backbone. Although this vision has not been fully realized, it continues to be the goal. They shouldn't become the ultimate choice when it comes to direct damage, a seat already occupied by Dreadnoughts. Many might argue that due to their price and availability they never will be. There is some truth in that, but history has taught us that balancing by price is never a good idea.

As announced in previous blogs, the Titan superweapons are being changed from being a field-cleaning anti-subcapital weapon, to a more reasonable "death-ray" type of weapon. This undoubtedly changes under what circumstances Titans are utilized and hopefully results in a more enjoyable experience for all participants in the capital battlefield (except, you know, for those hit by the death-ray...).

Along with the new superweapons, Titans receive a 100% damage bonus to either the XL turrets or the Citadel Missiles/Torpedoes per skill level. With a full rack of weapons, their damage potential becomes slightly more than that of a Dreadnought in siege mode. Together with the fact that they don't receive a penalty towards tracking nor missile explosion velocity, the XL/Citadel fitted Titan becomes very effective. We feel that the advantage is not so pronounced as to threaten the Dreadnought as a direct damage-dealer when all factors are taken into consideration.

Titans will also receive a massive hit point boost, allowing them to wreak havoc on the capital battlefield for longer periods of time.
    Pray tell, what was the main purpose of the dread?

45. This is harsh. Evaluate me
    R/P
    Power
    You're fucking retarded. They've not really ever taken the titans larger ability to murder sub caps away. They just move it around the ship, and even their current aims at curtailing it is going to fall completely short.

If somebody handed you a fucking buck knife and told you it was a hair brush, would you believe them?? If they changed around which side the blade was on 2 or 3 times would that somehow make it more acceptable to you to try to groom yourself with it?

Thats fine, but people need to stop saying what Titans were intended to be, when thats not what they were intended to be at all. On this page alone there are 2 or 3 posts saying that they would best be served by absolutely being removed. Thats about the most drastic role change possible

Supercapitals were also not intended to fill entire fleets but here we are. I have no problem agreeing with the fact they initially were probably originally intended to be able to kill subcaps, but time and an infinite money supply (of which you can blame a myriad of things on) forced CCP's hand now.

46. We're Only in It for the Money Sentinel Eeex's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    So was Sacrilege.

47. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Malcanis's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I love how people ignore the fact that when their intended role was created, CCP thought that there might be as many as 6 or even 10 Titans in game.

Turns out that an intended role suitable for a 1-per-alliance ship is not one that's appropriate for a ship that alliances can field 100 of.

That intended role of "fucking murder everything wolololol" is one that they've been backing away from ever since the second Titan was launched. And rightly so, because it's a fucking retarded role in a competitive PvP game.

48. We're Only in It for the Money Sentinel Eeex's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    When CYVOK DDed grid in AZN, it was perfectly clear that Titans are going to get completely fucked at some point in time.

Why it took CCP so long to do it is a mystery.

And why people pretend like they didn't know it is going to happen... is not a mystery.

49. The Theory and Practice of Time Travel Dinique's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by aryndel vyst View Post
    Supercapitals were also not intended to fill entire fleets but here we are. I have no problem agreeing with the fact they initially were probably originally intended to be able to kill subcaps, but time and an infinite money supply (of which you can blame a myriad of things on) forced CCP's hand now.
    you just went back to "CCP is retarded", something we all agree on I think.
    [IMG]https://www.pandemic-legion.com/forums/image.php?u=1218&type=sigpic&dateline=1226360240[/IMG]

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel Eeex View Post

And why people pretend like they didn't know it is going to happen... is not a mystery.
    Sure, its a mystery, 7 years of a constant in a video game, why are they all so shocked.