CEX.io
Page 22 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 2946

Life in a Northern thread - February 2012

1. The Theory and Practice of Time Travel Dinique's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Not to mention the possibilty of the alliance having those towers knocked down while they build them.
    Woah this sounds like some kind of depth
    [IMG]https://www.pandemic-legion.com/forums/image.php?u=1218&type=sigpic&dateline=1226360240[/IMG]

2. SHADOO OUTSIDE NOW progodlegend's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    This is the problem, you guys know so little about capital combat that you don't even know how easy it is to tank any one dread against any dooms day.

This has always been what i've told people who ask why others don't counter drop super blobs with their own supers or other mega suicide dread blobs, their is just simply so few people with sufficient enough experience FC'ing supercapitals (and not many more with regular capital experience on large scale) outside of the Alliance's that own the majority of the supers already.

Because of that lack of experience, it's been hard I guess for everyone to justify that cost of suiciding huge dread fleets or replacing supers, because they don't enough about how it will play out and they know the cost if everything goes wrong.

R/P
    Power
    The thing is though, the CFC have Vily and Mynas.

Now I know I give them a lot of shit, but they've both been playing for a very long time, they know how to FC caps, I've seen them do it, I've been around when its done. I'm like to joke that they're stuck in a version of the game from 3 years ago where dread and carrier losses had some effect on morale, but I really don't know what it is that holds them down from doing one of the things they used to do best.

Every group who plays eve right now has at least one cap fc hiding somewhere, so its either the alliance leadership holding them back or some vague half remembered fear from 2 years ago that has now become totally irrelevant holding them back.

4. The Theory and Practice of Time Travel Dinique's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by progodlegend View Post
    This has always been what i've told people who ask why others don't counter drop super blobs with their own supers or other mega suicide dread blobs, their is just simply so few people with sufficient enough experience FC'ing supercapitals (and not many more with regular capital experience on large scale) outside of the Alliance's that own the majority of the supers already.

Because of that lack of experience, it's been hard I guess for everyone to justify that cost of suiciding huge dread fleets or replacing supers, because they don't enough about how it will play out and they know the cost if everything goes wrong.
    Well fuck what can you do except curl up and cry yourself to sleep about that then?

Every alliance that now has experienced cap FCs went through that. WE certainly did. Our balls got a lot larger after we bought a backup dread fleet. No entity that owns tech moons, at the very least, have any right to whine about this. Dreads are not that expensive to lose.
    [IMG]https://www.pandemic-legion.com/forums/image.php?u=1218&type=sigpic&dateline=1226360240[/IMG]

R/P
    Power
    Also some of the goons are taking the time to tell me how mad I am on EVE o's version of this thread.

Poor lil fellars.

6. Did you ever in your puff see such a perfect perisher? Endie's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Grath did you spot that the decision to nerf titan tracking has already been made, and that CCP Soundwave mentioned as much last night?

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Endie View Post
    Grath did you spot that the decision to nerf titan tracking has already been made, and that CCP Soundwave mentioned as much last night?
    Nothing is done till its done. CCP Soundwave a SA Goon and CFC member not surprised.

8. Did you ever in your puff see such a perfect perisher? Endie's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    Nothing is done till its done. CCP Soundwave a SA Goon and CFC member not surprised.
    Tush now, Manny. Leaving aside that your first and second sentences are contradictory, are you seriously suggesting that CCP Soundwave is going to jeopardise his career and the welfare of the company in order to help out an alliance he left several years ago?

The fact is that the move makes commercial sense, since our 800 titan pilot subscriptions cannot fund Eve, and "you need to harden up and rat for a couple of thousand hours" is a bad marketing slogan.

R/P
    Power
    So OH has titans now? Not sure what the approved nano titan fit is but it's fucking good at burning out of bubbles.

10. The Theory and Practice of Time Travel Dinique's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    while you savor CCP's pity, please post some more about how coalitions are all titan's fault. this is a vein of entertainment i'd like to see tapped properly.

11. Did you ever in your puff see such a perfect perisher? Endie's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinique View Post
    while you savor CCP's pity, please post some more about how coalitions are all titan's fault. this is a vein of entertainment i'd like to see tapped properly.
    I'd be intrigued why you believe that a superweapon to which numbers are the only viable response (for those unwilling or unable to run a bazillion plexes) would not cause those not in the critical-mass superbloc to coalesce?

R/P
    Power
    Tush now, Manny. Leaving aside that your first and second sentences are contradictory, are you seriously suggesting that CCP Soundwave is going to jeopardise his career and the welfare of the company in order to help out an alliance he left several years ago?

The fact is that the move makes commercial sense, since our 800 titan pilot subscriptions cannot fund Eve, and "you need to harden up and rat for a couple of thousand hours" is a bad marketing slogan.

Im saying he is heavily influenced by his friends. The same friends who are inept at working through the problem and demand that the only solution is that they are heavily nerfed. Soundwave is still in Goons just a clone of his original character was made with a different name.

13. The Theory and Practice of Time Travel Kitty Vintner's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Titans don't cause coalitions, coalitions cause titans.

~controlling your game~

Im saying he is heavily influenced by his friends. The same friends who are inept at working through the problem and demand that the only solution is that they are heavily nerfed. Soundwave is still in Goons just a clone of his original character was made with a different name.
    also hitler is still alive in Iceland

he goes by CCP Wagner

R/P
    Power
    I'd be intrigued why you believe that a superweapon to which numbers are the only viable response (for those unwilling or unable to run a bazillion plexes) would not cause those not in the critical-mass superbloc to coalesce?
    I ran 0 plexes for my titan not sure what your talking about.

15. The Theory and Practice of Time Travel Dinique's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Mere numbers aren't the only viable response. Its the preferred response in your playbook perhaps. Reasonable responses have been outlined in this very thread that are cheaper and easier to replace than titans are.

Coalitions are a result of risk-averse behavior. They existed before EVE had supercaps, and they will continue to exist if you completely remove all capitals from the game right now. Trying to pretend that your current super-coalition is a response to super capitals is entirely laughable. More dudes on your side means less chance that you will lose your spacecastles, and less chance of getting blown up when you do risk that high ticket drake.

Goon gimmick used to be 0.0 relevance in frigates and t1 cruisers via sheer force of numbers. Worked quite well at times. Congratulations in 6 years you've evolved into doing the exact same thing in Drakes, and its not working nearly as well as you'd have hoped, against groups of players who do more, and that have actually planned ahead and invested in their alliances. Acquiring a dreadfleet didn't happen automatically for us in 2008. Shamis pushed for it and we worked for it and incentivised (its a word) people into training for it, and it paid off and we had loads of fun in the process.

Oh and fuck plexes. None of the PL supercaps were earned in the old 10/10s. Our first titan was bought with a titan fund that members donated to.

R/P
    Power
    So basically we are the new BoB?
    Twitter: @Vene_T - RIP Vile Rat.

17. The Theory and Practice of Time Travel Dinique's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Vintner View Post
    Titans don't cause coalitions, coalitions cause titans.

~controlling your game~
    both arguments are stupid in case anyone was wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Venetian Tar View Post
    So basically we are the new BoB?
    Pretty sure we've been calling ourselves that since sometime 2008

18. The Theory and Practice of Time Travel Kitty Vintner's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Goon gimmick used to be 0.0 relevance in frigates and t1 cruisers via sheer force of numbers. Worked quite well at times. Congratulations in 6 years you've evolved into doing the exact same thing in Drakes, and its not working nearly as well as you'd have hoped, against groups of players who do more, and that have actually planned ahead and invested in their alliances.
    I'd just like to point out that it's worked out exceptionally well for us as anyone who remembers docking in a station called Vfkhaaaaaan could tell you.

19. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Opti's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    if you didnt drop titans on every rifter gang you saw, your game wouldnt be getting raped

the irony i fucking loves it

20. The Theory and Practice of Time Travel Dinique's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Vintner View Post
    I'd just like to point out that it's worked out exceptionally well for us as anyone who remembers docking in a station called Vfkhaaaaaan could tell you.
    Not disagreeing

Quote Originally Posted by Opti View Post
    if you didnt drop titans on every rifter gang you saw, your game wouldnt be getting raped

the irony i fucking loves it
    you'd be in tears no matter what. this is just the natural progression of selling caracals on the open market tears in s-u

R/P
    Power
    I'm fairly certain Zungen is a robot octopus.

A roboctopus, if you will.

22. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Opti's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Not disagreeing

you'd be in tears no matter what. this is just the natural progression of selling caracals on the open market tears in s-u
    definately no tears here, just smiles, smiles that penif has a big brown space penis (its officer fit btw incase you didnt know) that is soon to be a glorified rikshaw vv

23. Scammer
    R/P
    Power
    1. Batphone every alliance with supercaps and a reason to dislike goons.
    2. Congregate alliances a jump from Dek.
    3. Call emergency CTAs every time a newbee rifter op leaves VFK.
    4. Wonder why you get blue-balled.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister McTag View Post
    1. Batphone every alliance with supercaps and a reason to dislike goons.
    2. Congregate alliances a jump from Dek.
    3. Call emergency CTAs every time a newbee rifter op leaves VFK.
    4. Wonder why you get blue-balled.
    1. Switch from maels to drake
    2. Throws drakes against titans, does not work
    3. Throws drake against titans again, expecting different result.
    4. Cries on forums

R/P
    Power
    That must be why Goonswarm has titan production in Overdrive, because theres no other way to survive the next 4 months right?

26. Scammer
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Warband View Post
    1. Switch from maels to drake
    2. Throws drakes against titans, does not work
    3. Throws drake against titans again, expecting different result.
    4. Cries on forums
    yeah because that's exactly what happened. continue being irrelevant down south please tia

27. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    That must be why Goonswarm has titan production in Overdrive, because theres no other way to survive the next 4 months right?
    We think Tech is broken, but we still mine it. Do you get where I'm going with this?

28. Scammer
    R/P
    Power
    if you don't he's saying that if the only way to beat titans is to fly titans, then one should fly titans.

you're welcome.

29. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Wki's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix Lag View Post
    We think Tech is broken, but we still mine it. Do you get where I'm going with this?
    It might also be because they are actually use them for something. This makes them less of a space coffin where old high SP players go to die. Even with a impending nerf they are still good to have around.

30. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Arrador's Avatar
    Perrigrin, tenerifis, immensea, fucked if I know
    R/P
    Power
    Fucking reading the last threads...

Buff Dreads.
    [Arrador] possesses a considerable understanding of ship configurations, strengths and weakness. He gives clear and purposeful instructions, is good at taking advantage of the fleet-composition he's dealt, and never loses sight of the main goal: fun. This, paired with an excellent tolerance for strong drink gives him an almost Churchillian capability to win, despite being completely pissed on booze most of the fleet operation.

31. The Indefatigable Frog Ron Swanson's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrador View Post
    Fucking reading the last threads...

Buff Dreads.
    I'd like to see them mobile without the ability to warp in siege, that way bumps aren't fucking astronomical.

32. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Opti's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    yeah grath because fixing titans(mom also) so they cant kill small shit 24/7 is really going to stop them being effective at alliance level sov warfare you know what they are supposed to be used for

just sayin

33. The Indefatigable Frog Ron Swanson's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    yeah grath because fixing titans(mom also) so they cant kill small shit 24/7 is really going to stop them being effective at alliance level sov warfare you know what they are supposed to be used for

just sayin
    This just in, PL fields 100 huginns and 50 titans. Goons die for smacking on kugu.

34. God damn these electric sex pants Marivauder's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    This just in, arguing on Kugu

35. Super Moderator ihaveahelmet's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Do you niggers see what you've done? Do you see it?

Richter_Belmont: under Article 14, section 88, paragraph 420 of the B0Tl0rd Accord, it says "you're gay LOL pwned"

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by ihaveahelmet View Post
    Do you niggers see what you've done? Do you see it?
    They made Opti cry even more than usual?

R/P
    Power
    whats this I heard about a titan that was tackled and got out

38. God damn these electric sex pants Marivauder's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by penifSMASH View Post
    whats this I heard about a titan that was tackled and got out
    He was tackled and got out

39. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Opti's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    nobody makes me cry

except when i think of how it would go down with securitas coming from behind

stop projecting plix

40. The Ethics of Madness Iratus's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    This just in: you are all faggots.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hChYV.png[/IMG]

"Every rifter counts friend" - VR

41. Super Moderator ihaveahelmet's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Venetian Tar View Post
    They made Opti cry even more than usual?
    Did we? I didn't read the last four pages. After I saw it devolved into a supercapbalancewhatiswrongwithnullsec discussion again I assumed it wasn't worth reading the same arguments as the last six months'. I may have to go back and read everyth.....is this a trick?

Richter_Belmont: under Article 14, section 88, paragraph 420 of the B0Tl0rd Accord, it says "you're gay LOL pwned"

R/P
    Power
    Did we? I didn't read the last four pages. After I saw it devolved into a supercapbalancewhatiswrongwithnullsec discussion again I assumed it wasn't worth reading the same arguments as the last six months'. I may have to go back and read everyth.....is this a trick?
    Make sure you have some bleach available. You might want to inject it after you've read those pages.

I'm not allowed near any chemicals, my doctor said they're bad for me.

R/P
    Power
    hehe so bad

winter is coming again guys for real this time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

44. How to Build a Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later El Space Mariachi's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    All of Opti's posts are on this page

45. What Good Is a Glass Dagger? Fear's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    So wait you are saying that if titans get nerfed then the mega coalitions will end?

Look at the last year of eve and the coalitions/shit on small alliances it has only gotten worse. only two ways to get into 0.0 it to rent or join an alliance/coalition. CCP saying they wanted to help the smaller alliances get into 0.0 is a bullshit lie, how was it was a lie? every single patch to "fix to 0.0" has hurt any small alliances's attempt to get into 0.0/hold sov. tech moon is best all other moons are shit. sanctums spawn in -.8+ space. list goes on and on.

my 2c

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix Lag View Post
    No, because you're pretty much invincible in the UStz, so you set things for that time and nobody can ever bother you, thats why the "Invasion of Deklien" was so laughable, the defense of it under the current sov mechanics with your achievable fleet numbers is to time for Deep USTZ, and ride it out. If supers are really going the way of the Dodo, cranking out at the level you are right now isn't exactly a sound business model. Ride it out, and in 4 months you're the filthy rotten rich undisputed kings of EVE.

47. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Opti's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    sell your titans quick they are going to be useless

48. Leader of the Scandinavy Securitas's Avatar
    Oh trust me, I am more than special. I'm swedish!
    R/P
    Power
    nobody makes me cry

except when i think of how it would go down with securitas coming from behind

stop projecting plix
    Don't worry I've only topped twice.

R/P
    Power
    I LOVE how the nulli guys are defending supers and titans

R/P
    Power
    Not only that but jesus christ, if you were to lose 250 dreads in a fight, if you literally put right to it with your entire builder force you could replace them all in about 30 days or so.

Say you kill 10-15 titans in that same time period with those, fuck, even ten, we'll say that many dies to good bubbles (even anchored bubbles with this tidi shit) a 500 man mael fleet, and 250 dreads, 70 days to build per titan means that even with 10 builders working on each titan, thats 500 billion in lost materials and nearly 3 months of game time before that asset is combat ready again.
    Seriouspost the only reason Raidendot only lost one titan to our (certainly not 250-strong) suicide dread fleet was because of positioning; we dropped and sieged on a bumped titan that put us out of effective short-range gun range from the rest of their super fleet. I'm assuming this was part of evaluating the effectiveness of the technique and mechanics (i.e reducing the odds that hostile titan guns / fighterbombers would wipe us before loading grid if TiDi went tits up). If we had been closer into them they quite probably would have lost several more before our DPS died off. Raidendot's aware of this and they've been much more cautious with supers afterwards when capswarm goes active.

Dreads out of siege are rather useless at super-killing, DDs can kill you anywhere anyway, and super fleets do tend to get pretty spread out (either on purpose or from bumps), so initial cyno positioning takes on considerable importance. I don't think you'll see 10-15 titans go down, simply because they won't be clumped up enough to hit effectively, unless you jump in to multiple cynos (and even this assumes dictor/hictor capability to hold that many tackled.)