Toolboxes are your friend.
Toolboxes are your friend.
Worst accidental snipe ever.
Can Pl post BR's of their war in Dayz here? Would be awesome to read.
Most of PL have been banned from DayZ servers due to SphereZ 2.2 being detectable and nooblords not using the latest version
[NEW] Server cleanup system replaced with a more agressive one
[NEW] Inventory Interaction system (right-click on items in gear screen to bring up interactions)
[NEW] Temperature System now implemented (effects are limited)
[NEW] Water can be filled in ponds, all water pumps, wells, but not the sea
[NEW] Forced disconnection saving for abort and alt+F4
[NEW] Zombie's will investigate player deaths
[NEW] Adrenaline rush from panicing causes greately increased hunger for a while
[NEW] PROTIP: Use Global Chat/VOIP in populated areas
[FIXED] Helicopter loot despawning too fast
[FIXED] Climbing a ladder with a pistol will cause you to fall
[FIXED] Zombies not attracted to Flares and Chemlights
[FIXED] Panic noises going apeshit all the time
Bandits will stay till Thursday.
Patch should be released tonight.
Probably to make looting recent kills a little more difficult. Now to get your hard earned beenz you need to kill both the player and the zombies that are sniffing him out/defiling his corpse.
Seems rather pointless as most kills happen when there are no zombies around. It might make it harder for a second person that stumbles by the corpse to loot it.
I also have a nice map useful for terribad players such as my self.
I saw that map on reddit, although i decided not to use it because stumbling upon good items is part of the game, the surprise that you've found something shit or awesome
I use it just so I know where I can refill my canteens.
Updated patch notes, bolded changes:
* [NEW] Server cleanup system replaced with a more agressive one
* [NEW] Inventory Interaction system (right-click on items in gear screen to bring up interactions)
* [NEW] Temperature System now implemented (effects are limited)
* [NEW] Chance of catching infection the lower your temperature
* [NEW] Chance of catching infection from already infected players
* [NEW] Water can be filled in ponds, all water pumps, wells, but not the sea
* [NEW] Forced disconnection saving for abort and alt+F4
* [NEW] Zombie's will investigate player deaths
* [NEW] Adrenaline rush from panicing causes greately increased hunger for a while
* [NEW] Bandaging Sound when bandaging yourself/someone
* [NEW] Coughing sound when you have an infection
* [NEW] Camera Shake when temperature drops extremely low
* [NEW] PROTIP: Use Global Chat/VOIP in populated areas
* [NEW] Fire requires wood to keep burning
* [FIXED] Should not be pellets for the Winny
* [FIXED] Helicopter loot despawning too fast
* [FIXED] Fog is way too thick
* [FIXED] Climbing a ladder with a pistol will cause you to fall
* [FIXED] Zombies not attracted to Flares and Chemlights
* [FIXED] Panic noises going apeshit all the time
* [FIXED] Zombie spotted alert far too quiet (increased slightly)
Apparently colds are cured with antibiotics, which currently only spawns in the hospital with a .22% chance of being found. Rocket said that only 50 players in the entire game have them in their inventory.
After I updated my files I can not seem to be able to connect to any server as it keeps telling me I am running a newer version then the server.
Game glitched out loading last night and placed me in the wilderness, which is way off map. Apparently if I run east for 30 minutes I'll hit Kamenka. I don't want to respawn as I have an M4A1 CCO, Coyote pack (large), and DMR with 6 mags, along with all the other gear like matches, gps, etc.
I have a love/hate affair with playing a game still in alpha.
My first experience of playing was waiting for half an hour on various servers to get past the 'waiting for server to respond' message, then when I finally did spawn I was apparently bugged and had no gear, no UI indicators (blood, stamina, debug w/e) and no sound.
I wanted to rage for moment but then I realised LOL ALPHA
If I actually managed to find my self some nvg's and it would of happened it would of probably been a different story >:/
LoL right? So I made the 30 min hike back to the town, again sneaking past the zombies. This time however it loaded me back to my original place before I even entered the doorway.
I was like no biggy, the door is just bugged and I want my fucking lewtz. I am obviously smarter then the server so this time I am grabbing some lube and try to enter trough the back door . I sneaked past the zombies for the third time and feeling pretty smug again for how I am about to outplay the server. I was crawling besides the wall, went around the corner, opened the nearest door, entered and..NOTHING I was able to move inside and grabbed some stuff that I needed. I found a knife, compass, 5 cans of food and a binocular set. I had such a boner that I finely got all these nice items and was about to step outside trough the back door when the fucking server loaded me back again.
I was pretty mad especially since I did not had any of the items in my inventory.
I decided to head to Cherno where I had me a good two hour fun until I got fragged by some bandits.
Good times with this alpha
So about ~10 of us (goons) just spent the last 3 hours moving to Cherno and setting up for this faggot and as we got to Cherno & prepared to server hop he stopped the feed for the night. We were going to kill him and the ~20 pubbies on his server that are doing a "Charity" to raise 1k for his server.
Livestream: http://www.twitch.tv/bashurverse - It's down for now.
I suggest you guys check out the awesome rage thread about us hacking and duping the servers (some thread about 20+ LLJK on the general discussion dayz forums - it's locked now).
I've now been stuck on "Waiting for Server Response" for a total of over an hour now trying to get back into the server we were setting back up on - on literally the worst place to be in dayz.
So i was strolling through the airfield and i just saw a guy run past me, so i shot him and then i see in chat "Thanks for killing me at the airfield, i won't forget this" so i started laughing at him, anyways i decided to go to Cherno and zombies killed me and i lost my M4
One you have a military grade weapon there's really no reason to go into Cherno solo rolo. Loot deer stands for ammo, raid small towns for food/water, and camp military bases for kills.
But mostly for beans.
I'm trying out Arma 2 free and I want to skip the training missions - anyone remember how to skip the training missions so I can try some of the campaign stuff?
starting at night is mental, need to learn the controls soonish, as the inventory is twistin my melon
First try ended we me being attacked by zombies and not knowing how to stop the bleeding
Second try ended after some geezer approached me in the lighthouse about 5 minutes in, it didn't end well for him tbh but i'm unsure how to loot his shit (does it do it automatically???), flares started to get lobbed around the lighthouse so i made a quick ish exit along the coast to the sound of gunfire, geezer tried to flank me but didn't go far enough around so I tried to sneak up on him but got about 5 bullets off before he killed me.
third try was on an american server (for the daylight!!), got raped by zombies while trying to get some ammo/inventory skills. Arse was twitching like a bunnys nose, really looking forward to giving this a bit more of crack at the weekend
When you need to bandage your self or pop some painkillers/adrenaline, press g, hover over the item and right click. Then choose the action you want to use on the item.
cheers Stronke, another quick noob question (only got armaII for this after reading this thread) when I click on the body does that show his inventory and not mine? So I have to press G to open up mine and double click his shit to loot? Just that on my 3rd try when I was running from some grunters with no ammo, I got to a building and saw some stuff on the floor but was a bit panicked (cos of running a country mile with the dribbley fucks chasing me!!) but was unable to do it in time (due to the fact of not really knowing what to do)
Clicking on a corpse does nothing. You open your inventory when high lighting a corpse, you are able to tell if said corpse has any items on him because any items on him will be marked with a number (as in the amount of that item if any). If you see no items on the left with a number in front of it the corpse is clean.
ahh that makes a bit more sense now, thanks for the tips, hopefully I can stay alive a bit longer to put it to good use
Try and make some friends asap. Playing this game solo is a bitch and you won't get to enjoy the nice things.
Couple of lads from another forum are up for giving it a go and when my corp/alliance notice I've been gone too long I'll tell them too.
I also play under my kugu name just in case I spot any of the usual suspects from here, although to be honest that will probably end up with my looted and teabagged corpse.
Tomorrow will be my 9th day in a role alive. My best so far.
M4A1 CCO SD + 7 Mags
M107 + 3 Mags
M1911 + 6 Mags
All Camos (Civilian, Camo & Ghillie Suit)
All Survival Gear
4x Bandages (2 Inventory, 2 Backpack)
& Some other random items
I'm anticipating dying (which will likely be to another goon as we've been killing each other on accident so much as of late)
Bat Country thanks Ander for his loot oh seven
Been playing for a few days with dudes from EVE, great fun was had. Had some deaths by pesky one-hit pass-out zombies, a few by other survivors, and killed 4 guys by now.
lost a few toons this weekend but enjoyed all of them, beta patch has sorted 1.7.0 out, killed a few survivors and dodged a few and shat my pants when two lads in ghillie suits rose from the roadside, I ran and hid in a bush (in completely the wrong attire) and was shot in the head. Really liking it so far, could be intresting seeing what happens next with it.
I finally got this game!
Found the PL servers easily enough, let's see if I get shot on sight.
Twitter: @Vene_T - RIP Vile Rat.
Performance and Optimization
- Reduction/elimination of the new server lag. This is caused by the ArmA2 server expecting immediate response from the central server. Vehicles are the main cause of this, as whenever they are damaged everything stops while the server ensures this is recorded in the database.
- Bugs fixed that were possibly causing very significant netcode overhead (will need mass-scale testing to verify this).
- Infected can no longer see/attack through walls.
- Entirely new mocap'd attack and running animations
- Additional Idle Infected sounds
- Revised Attack sounds
- Many new action sounds, including IV, bandaging etc...
- This update will REQUIRE the beta patch, so it is worth installing this now and getting used to it.
- Read up at the BI Forums about the beta patch install. It's pretty easy.
* Requires ArmA2 Beta.
* [FIXED] Wire Spools, Toolboxes, hedgehog (tank trap) kits not spawning
* [FIXED] Bodies still being deleted too quickly sometimes
* [FIXED] No backpacks or medical boxes spawning
* [FIXED] "No Speaker..." debug report spam
* [FIXED] Infected spawning too close to players (minimum 30m now)
* [FIXED] Infected not spawning inside buildings any more
* [NEW] Infected can't attack through walls
* [NEW] Infected can't see through objects any more
* [NEW] Infected visibility increased (but limited by LOS)
* [NEW] Infected attack range increased (but limited by LOS)
* [NEW] Infected can cause greater damage when they hit you
* [NEW] You can hide from an infected chasing you
* [NEW] Optimized server cleanup routine
[SIZE=1]People are like slinkies. Generally useless but entertaining when you push them down stairs.[/SIZE]
I like the fact we can finely try and hide from the infected.