CEX.io
Page 21 of 81 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,050 of 4024

2012 US Election thread - slowly going nowhere

  1. Legitimate Rape Baby
    Joined
    2010 May
    Location
    Living the Hobo life
    Posts
    3,611
    R/P
    0.44696759900305
    Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Schwartzski View Post
    Yes because if there is one source of information you should go to about Jim Crow laws is an aging puritan gasbag who meets with white supremacists, publishes newsletters about a coming race war, and wants to take us back to the days where states could have slaves.

    edit: and until people stop using words like "sand nigger" "nigger" "spook" (I heard this recently, wtf), etc - there will be laws needed to protect them from assholes in general, no matter how unfair you think it is. Don't like it? Promote non-discrimination. The only people complaining are white men who lost their edge of control and now feel like things are unfair because we can't beat our employees to work for free.
    I don't follow Paul as much as you do but his explanation seemed pretty rational.

    As for people hurting you with ::words:: I really don't much care. I'm a proud dago and I can't be assed to give a shit when someone uses invective about my ancestry. I personally don't use these words (save Dago. It's pretty fun to say) but in the end, it's the old sticks and stones rhyme that matters. If words alone hurt you, you're already pretty pathetic and will probably lead an unhappy existence.

    Just to clarify I don't mean YOU specifically as I don't know how emotionally fragile you are.

    As I said, the intentions were good and I may have even voted in favor of some of these laws at the time because I'd have been ignorant of the consequences as well. They need to go away if we're truly going to have a chance at real tolerance (which is actually nothing more than apathy).

    It'll never happen until the loudmouthed baby boomers die though. (sorry Mom) because they seem to have the most emotional investment in keeping the past alive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Matos View Post
    There are now as many "coloured" children born in the US as white ones!
    http://news.discovery.com/human/whit...on-120517.html
    The data has a problem. Asians are actually 'white' in the eyes of much of the minority culture. You see, they sold out and became successful relative to the other minorities. that's just not fair.

  2. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Phey Onat's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Aug
    Location
    The Doom of Valyria
    Posts
    2,722
    R/P
    0.98273328434974
    Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by poaw View Post
    Wait what?

    PS the NAACP and BET aren't support groups. One is a civil rights organization, the other is MTV in blackface.

    Yeah, IDK what Grath was getting at. The black population has dropped from 14 to 13 percent, if anything they are more of a minority. Maybe he is referencing that segments of the population tend to live with others like them, so where there is a black community (ex Eastern Wash DC) the population is heavily black.
    I've noticed that there's a pretty big disconnect between the general consensus of kugu and what's actually happening. It seems enough people have said it in this thread that people are taking it as fact.

  3. The Gripping Hand somedude76's Avatar
    Joined
    2008 May
    Location
    Jita
    Posts
    572
    R/P
    0.26573426573427
    Power
    7
    It's pretty dark in Baltimore/DC area. You see a lot of national news stories coming out of Baltimore regarding black violence and crime too.

    Down there, Grath is probably the nigger.

  4. The Empire never ended Grogoth's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Dec
    Location
    'shtraya
    Posts
    799
    R/P
    0.91989987484355
    Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by somedude76 View Post
    It's pretty dark in Baltimore/DC area.
    heh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. King Dong
    Joined
    2010 May
    Posts
    2,120
    R/P
    0.83396226415094
    Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Manfred Hideous View Post
    As I said, the intentions were good and I may have even voted in favor of some of these laws at the time because I'd have been ignorant of the consequences as well. They need to go away if we're truly going to have a chance at real tolerance (which is actually nothing more than apathy).
    Uhhh, their aren't any laws against hate speech in the US. I think they made an Amendment about that kinda thing at some point or something.

    From a culture standpoint apathy doesn't work if that's your solution to race relations. Because being apathetic towards other races while favoring your own will lead to the exact same problems as were having now and end up as a kind of karmic punchline when the US becomes a Hispanic nation in your lifetime.


    Quote Originally Posted by Phey Onat View Post
    Maybe he is referencing that segments of the population tend to live with others like them, so where there is a black community (ex Eastern Wash DC) the population is heavily black.
    I thought that might be it, but that's still a factually incorrect statement. Most blacks don't live in majority black cities, even if they tend to live in majority black neighborhoods within those cities and the cities that are majority black tend not to be among the largest US cities. There's like 4 I know off the top of my head and all of them have populations well under 1 million. (Atlanta, Detroit, Baltimore, and Washington D.C.)

  6. Fuck me I'm Famous! Grath's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Aug
    Location
    PL
    Posts
    5,998
    R/P
    1.9153051017006
    Power
    26
    Right, so you don't know what i was getting at.


    What do you think would happen if you were to start up White Entertainment TV or the National Association for the Advancement of White People?


    Also you're population numbers are retarded and biased as shit. You're failing to account for whats known as "The greater Washington/Baltimore metropolitan area". You see Bmore and DC may have a low population (620k and 601k respectively) but you're either not familiar with the city layouts or you're purposely ignoring the facts. DC and Baltimore blend together across PG/Anne Arundel County, the surrounding counties for both cities are just as dense if not more so in population than either city and predominantly black. If I were to say, drop you in PG County, around District Heights, you wouldn't know you weren't in DC, and you WOULD NOT see a white person at ALL.

    Its funny, a Jehova Witness came from Oklahoma, she thought she'd come spread the word of god, and thought that the city of DC had white folks in it. All she'd ever seen on TV was the white people they put on the news.....well turns out the white people on the news ARE THE ONLY ONES AROUND. She found out when she moved here that the black population of the greater metropolitan area is staggeringly large.

    So while the cities population itself is relatively small, its because the cities themselves are not where the people live in these two instances, they live in the surrounding counties and towns.

    PG County: 64% Black (population of the county is 5+ million).

  7. King Dong
    Joined
    2010 May
    Posts
    2,120
    R/P
    0.83396226415094
    Power
    9
    You know the entire United States doesn't share the racial demographics of Washington DC right? I was saying that black people aren't a majority in most places in the US. I think their are only 3 Metropolitan areas where their majority demographics is carried out to the surrounding areas. Even Atlanta (AKA Black Mecca) of all places still has a white majority if you add in the surrounding areas.

    You are making broad statements about racial demographics, when you live at the far side of the spectrum.

    It would be like someone from North Dakota insisting their couldn't be more than a few hundred black Americans because none lived near him.

  8. Fuck me I'm Famous! Grath's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Aug
    Location
    PL
    Posts
    5,998
    R/P
    1.9153051017006
    Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by poaw View Post
    You are making broad statements about racial demographics, when you live at the far side of the spectrum.
    If you mean the eastern seaboard when you say the far side of the spectrum then yes, yes you're right. I'm not sure what sheltered hole you live in but black people aren't a minority anymore, unless you live in one of the few places black folks are smart enough not to go (lookin at you South and North Dakota, and Arizona/New Mexico/ Utah) because the climates aren't very friendly.


    But yea, Black Entertainment Television or an entire group who's sole job is to make sure black peoples rights aren't being violated surely isn't racist in its own right. So we'll just sit right here and wait for you to fire up WET and I'm sure there won't be a single complaint.

    The race was ended a long time ago, the black people are the only ones left still fighting it.

  9. Monalisa Overdrive Mfume's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Jun
    Location
    Spacemoney Venal
    Posts
    1,325
    R/P
    0.44377358490566
    Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    If you mean the eastern seaboard when you say the far side of the spectrum then yes, yes you're right. I'm not sure what sheltered hole you live in but black people aren't a minority anymore, unless you live in one of the few places black folks are smart enough not to go (lookin at you South and North Dakota, and Arizona/New Mexico/ Utah) because the climates aren't very friendly.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-537369.html

    "Hispanics now comprise nearly 13 percent of the U.S. population, which grew to 284.8 million in July 2001. That's up from 35.3 million, or 12.5 percent of the country's 281.4 million residents in April 2000.

    Blacks make up 12.7 percent of the nation's population, up from 12.6 percent in April 2000. The black population grew by 700,000 in the 15 months after the census was released.

    Whites remained the largest single population group, numbering about 199.3 million in July 2001, nearly 70 percent of all U.S. residents."
    Mfume Apocal - Origin. - Black Legion.

  10. Fuck me I'm Famous! Grath's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Aug
    Location
    PL
    Posts
    5,998
    R/P
    1.9153051017006
    Power
    26
    Its the middle bits, they're fucking with the numbers.


    Seriously Mfume, tell me about the burdens you face being a black man in modern america, tell me why those things deserve the ability to have a Black Entertainment Television and why those same things would make a White Entertainment Television taboo.

    Like I just don't see it anymore, the idea that you would need specific groups for blacks alone is laughable to me, the NAACP is insulting in nature, going out of their way to promote racism in a way thats retarded if it were equally applied to a white man or woman.

    The more you cling to it the more you as a people propagate the need for it.


    Also:

    Race / Ethnicity Number Percentage of
    U.S. population
    Americans 308,745,538 100.0 %
    White 223,553,265 72.4 %
    Black or African American 38,929,319 12.6 %
    American Indian or Alaska Native 2,932,248 0.9 %
    Asian 14,674,252 4.8 %
    Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander 540,013 0.2 %
    Some other race 19,107,368 6.2 %
    Two or more races 9,009,073 2.9 %
    Not Hispanic or Latino 258,267,944 83.7 %
    Non-Hispanic White 196,817,552 63.7 %
    Non-Hispanic Black or African American 37,685,848 12.2 %
    Non-Hispanic American Indian or Alaska Native 2,247,098 0.7 %
    Non-Hispanic Asian 14,465,124 4.7 %
    Non-Hispanic Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander 481,576 0.2 %
    Non-Hispanic Some Other Race 604,265 0.2 %
    Non-Hispanic Two or more races 5,966,481 1.9 %
    Hispanic or Latino 50,477,594 16.3 %
    White Hispanic 26,735,713 8.7 %
    Black or African American Hispanic 1,243,471 0.4 %
    American Indian or Alaska Native Hispanic 685,150 0.2 %
    Asian Hispanic 209,128 0.1 %
    Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander Hispanic 58,437 0.0 %
    Some Other Race Hispanic 18,503,103 6.0 %
    Two or more races Hispanic 3,042,592 1.0 %
    Total 308,745,538 100.0%
    Is there something eating black people or did they really drop a tenth of a percent over a decade?

  11. King Dong
    Joined
    2010 May
    Posts
    2,120
    R/P
    0.83396226415094
    Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    If you mean the eastern seaboard when you say the far side of the spectrum then yes, yes you're right. I'm not sure what sheltered hole you live in but black people aren't a minority anymore, unless you live in one of the few places black folks are smart enough not to go (lookin at you South and North Dakota, and Arizona/New Mexico/ Utah) because the climates aren't very friendly.


    But yea, Black Entertainment Television or an entire group who's sole job is to make sure black peoples rights aren't being violated surely isn't racist in its own right. So we'll just sit right here and wait for you to fire up WET and I'm sure there won't be a single complaint.
    I don't know how to explain that 13% of the population can't be a majority without using some kind of "biased" statistic. I also don't know what the census bureau would have to gain by under-reporting the black population by a factor of 5 or 6 if they were in fact a majority. Are you sure you aren't just drawing conclusions from your personal experience and assuming it's the same everywhere?

    The NAACP started as an organization exclusively to promote civil rights for black people. That much is true, but you leave out the part where they were founded in 1909 and things like that weren't just acceptable they were expected. In the past 100 years they've moved to a position of promoting civil rights for all Americans, regardless of race. And oh dear god I just realized I'm defending the NAACP to someone who thinks black people make up the majority of Americans.

    WET would be a terrible idea. Not because it would be racist or anything. But because the idea behind BET is that it would fill a hole in television programming. In the same way some men who are very rich now decided that there was a place for 24 hour sports and news coverage. I can't actually think of anyone who watches TV and thinks to themselves, "Man I can't find any television shows with a mostly white cast to watch.". Anyone who attempted to fill such a "niche" would be roundly laughed at and mocked as he threw his investor's money into an incinerator. BET isn't the new frontline in a race war. It's a business, they saw an opening in the market and exploited it.

    Serious question. When you said yourself that television convinced a friend of yours that DC was a white city, the movie Blue Crush makes it seems like white people live in Hawaii (they don't), and any show based in NYC generally shows a version of the city that can only be described as "inaccurate" with great charity, then doesn't that make channels like BET kind of inevitable?

  12. Fuck me I'm Famous! Grath's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Aug
    Location
    PL
    Posts
    5,998
    R/P
    1.9153051017006
    Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by poaw View Post
    Anyone who attempted to fill such a "niche" would be roundly laughed at and mocked
    So its ok for anybody but white people to do it and that doesn't make you a racist?

  13. King Dong
    Joined
    2010 May
    Posts
    2,120
    R/P
    0.83396226415094
    Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    So its ok for anybody but white people to do it and that doesn't make you a racist?
    What? No you'd be laughed at because it'd be a horrible idea from a making money standpoint.

    It's the literal equivalent of starting a channel catering exclusively to English speakers in the US. You'd go right the fuck out of business because almost EVERY OTHER CHANNEL has English language programming.

  14. Truth. As terrible as death. But harder to find Brooks Puuntai's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Sep
    Location
    Inactive
    Posts
    985
    R/P
    0.21116751269036
    Power
    5
    Its only considered racist if a white person does it.
    [B]Join the hunt for Ransomlist! Help us find the Number One Kugu poster!
    [URL="http://Join the hunt for Ransomlist! Help us find the Number One Kugu poster! http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread.php?11270-RansomList-has-gone-AWOL"]http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread.php?11270-RansomList-has-gone-AWOL[/URL][/B]

  15. Fuck me I'm Famous! Grath's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Aug
    Location
    PL
    Posts
    5,998
    R/P
    1.9153051017006
    Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by poaw View Post
    What? No you'd be laughed at because it'd be a horrible idea from a making money standpoint.

    It's the literal equivalent of starting a channel catering exclusively to English speakers in the US. You'd go right the fuck out of business because almost EVERY OTHER CHANNEL has English language programming.
    So you're saying that the idea of programing for what a majority of white people would like is somehow laughable.



    And thats not racist to you?


    EDIT: I need you to focus poaw, because right now, you are suggesting that the majority of TV is programed with what white people would like. This is not the case, most channels attempt to appeal to as broad an audience as possible, so they include things that appeal to multiple races and age groups, as well as both sexes.

    Even sports channels.

    So what I'm asking you is that do you think that programing for an all white audience is something that is somehow a joke, and if you say YES, how is it that you can't see that as racist.

  16. King Dong
    Joined
    2010 May
    Posts
    2,120
    R/P
    0.83396226415094
    Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    So you're saying that the idea of programing for what a majority of white people would like is somehow laughable.



    And thats not racist to you?


    EDIT: I need you to focus poaw, because right now, you are suggesting that the majority of TV is programed with what white people would like. This is not the case, most channels attempt to appeal to as broad an audience as possible, so they include things that appeal to multiple races and age groups, as well as both sexes.

    Even sports channels.

    So what I'm asking you is that do you think that programing for an all white audience is something that is somehow a joke, and if you say YES, how is it that you can't see that as racist.
    I think the idea of basing your business model exclusively around the idea of producing white television shows is laughable. I'm not laughing at the shows, but at the idea of someone making money on a channel who's sole business plan is "Make television shows just like every other channel". I'm not laughing about the race, I'm laughing because it'd be a horrible idea.

    It would be like a writer deciding he's going to make a fortune writing a book in English and that's his entire plan. The ONLY reason BET can get away with it is because no one competes with them in any appreciable way. They make shows with poor production values, pay their staff lower wages so the talent leaves, and if you do actually watch their programming you'll notice that you've seen the exact same show 2 years prior on MTV.

    I'm actually trying to figure out what is racist about what I said and if it has anything to do with you thinking that the majority of people in the US are black.

  17. Monalisa Overdrive Mfume's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Jun
    Location
    Spacemoney Venal
    Posts
    1,325
    R/P
    0.44377358490566
    Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    Seriously Mfume, tell me about the burdens you face being a black man in modern america, tell me why those things deserve the ability to have a Black Entertainment Television and why those same things would make a White Entertainment Television taboo.
    It's just filling a market niche. There are a massive number of complaints directed BET's way, they continue to make money in spite of them because there is apparently a huge segment that watches BET and spends money on w/e their advertisers are hawking. The main "taboo" against WET is that it has no market and without a market, there's no money. Also: coming at me over BET when I don't watch BET (because it's actually poor quality by any standard) is pretty weird. I'm not even unique in that regard, see the Boondocks, "Black Evil Television" episode, Tavis Smiley's criticisms of it's management and direction, etc. BET is pretty much a 21st century minstrel show, propped up soley by the fact that other cable networks are hesitant to put "black" shows in their lineup and MTV no longer plays music.

    It'd go away tomorrow if either of those things changed.

    Like I just don't see it anymore, the idea that you would need specific groups for blacks alone is laughable to me, the NAACP is insulting in nature, going out of their way to promote racism in a way thats retarded if it were equally applied to a white man or woman.

    The more you cling to it the more you as a people propagate the need for it.
    First off, I'm not the biggest NAACP supporter out there and think their best work ended around the very early 70s, with everything since then being mountains out of mole hills and riding the reputation they built until the wheels come off. That being said, you realize the NAACP is actually getting hamblasted in the media right now for supporting gay marriage, right? You realize how unpopular gay marriage is among it's traditional Christian base? And that's been their "big" thing for the last few years now, opposing state amendments banning gay marriage, since it's the only significant civil rights issue in the country. They haven't been a purely black issues group for awhile now.

    Is there something eating black people or did they really drop a tenth of a percent over a decade?
    The black population remained (mostly) stable, the Hispanic population grew much faster.
    Mfume Apocal - Origin. - Black Legion.

  18. Fuck me I'm Famous! Grath's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Aug
    Location
    PL
    Posts
    5,998
    R/P
    1.9153051017006
    Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by poaw View Post
    I think the idea of basing your business model exclusively around the idea of producing white television shows is laughable.
    Then why isn't BET laughable?

    The point is you have no idea how well a channel devoted to white people could do because the idea has been made so taboo by bias that white racism is somehow ok.


    You said BET filled a market niche, there was no black television around then i guess is what youre saying, or, was it mixed in with regular programing and BET just filtered what they didn't need. Why would doing that same exact business model that is proven to work be laughable if turned towards white people?

  19. King Dong
    Joined
    2010 May
    Posts
    2,120
    R/P
    0.83396226415094
    Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    I need you to focus poaw, because right now, you are suggesting that the majority of TV is programed with what white people would like. This is not the case
    Attachment 2923

    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    Then why isn't BET laughable?

    The point is you have no idea how well a channel devoted to white people could do because the idea has been made so taboo by bias that white racism is somehow ok.


    You said BET filled a market niche, there was no black television around then i guess is what youre saying, or, was it mixed in with regular programing and BET just filtered what they didn't need. Why would doing that same exact business model that is proven to work be laughable if turned towards white people?
    Because BET makes money.

    I do have an idea how well it would do. Because almost every channel makes that kind of programming it's saturated. When a new show with a mostly white cast comes out it isn't given any special attention. It needs a hook, like "Zombie show", "Sex and City with Single moms", "Jersey Shore in Miami", because their are dozens of similar shows on television. So basing a television channel around exclusively "Shit white people would like", is the same as saying "I want to make another NBC, CBS, or ABC. Except this time it'll be hard because Fox already invented COPS and America's Most Wanted".

    What BET offered was black programming once the credits rolled on the Cosby Show.

  20. King Dong Fartman's Avatar
    Joined
    2007 Jan
    Location
    rock city
    Posts
    4,183
    R/P
    1.0475735118336
    Power
    20

  21. King Dong Fartman's Avatar
    Joined
    2007 Jan
    Location
    rock city
    Posts
    4,183
    R/P
    1.0475735118336
    Power
    20
    primaries are over. gas thread.

  22. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Some Generally Awesome Dude's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Apr
    Location
    ISRAD
    Posts
    4,513
    R/P
    1.4183469975626
    Power
    19
    Holy fuck, grath, you are stupid.

  23. King Dong StevieTopSiders's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Apr
    Location
    TISHU
    Posts
    2,224
    R/P
    1.3938848920863
    Blog Entries
    3
    Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Market Dude View Post
    Holy fuck, grath, you are stupid.
    QFT

    "Normal" television is "white" television, because American culture is derived from "white" Western culture.

    Look at ABC's new lineup:

    http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/new-shows

    Take the show Nashville, whose description reads:

    Enjoy the first footage of Nashville! Starring Connie Britton, Hayden Panettiere, and from the creators of Thelma & Louise and The September Issue, Nashville will explore the very glamorous and the very sordid sides of the country music industry and show what it truly means to be a star.
    If that's not "white" television, I don't know what is. All of American television caters to a "white" Western audience. BET exists because a segment of the population enjoys shows not written 100% under the assumptions of "white" Western culture.

    tl;dr- There doesn't need to be a special "white" culture, because American culture is "white" culture.

  24. Fuck me I'm Famous! Grath's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Aug
    Location
    PL
    Posts
    5,998
    R/P
    1.9153051017006
    Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieTopSiders View Post

    tl;dr- There doesn't need to be a special "white" culture, because American culture is "white" culture.
    I disagree that American culture is "white" culture, maybe pre 1990, but its been drastically different since then and you're blind if you can't see that

  25. King Dong Fartman's Avatar
    Joined
    2007 Jan
    Location
    rock city
    Posts
    4,183
    R/P
    1.0475735118336
    Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieTopSiders View Post
    tl;dr- There doesn't need to be a special "white" culture, because American culture is "white" culture.
    sure, like blues, early rock and roll, R&B, rap, hip hop, etc

  26. Truth. As terrible as death. But harder to find Brooks Puuntai's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Sep
    Location
    Inactive
    Posts
    985
    R/P
    0.21116751269036
    Power
    5
    Having a "white culture" would imply that the majority of white people think alike and like the same shit. Which is far from the truth now, maybe 30 years ago.
    [B]Join the hunt for Ransomlist! Help us find the Number One Kugu poster!
    [URL="http://Join the hunt for Ransomlist! Help us find the Number One Kugu poster! http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread.php?11270-RansomList-has-gone-AWOL"]http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread.php?11270-RansomList-has-gone-AWOL[/URL][/B]

  27. I'm Only in It for the Money Grim's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Nov
    Location
    Pizza
    Posts
    3,715
    R/P
    0.39946164199192
    Power
    12
    A WET would only be able to cater to the KKK and their affiliates. I mean, seriously what do white people like that everyone else doesn't? There is already an HGTV, so what else would you show? Action movies? American history? The whole idea is laughable, unless you are seriously trying to make a channel focused on promoting racial superiority.
    If you kill enough of them they stop fighting - Gen. Curtis Lemay
    Fear the KKM

  28. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Jul
    Location
    repocalypse survivor
    Posts
    5,187
    R/P
    1.3981106612686
    Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Fartman View Post
    sure, like blues, early rock and roll, R&B, rap, hip hop, etc
    don't forget the fried chicken
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  29. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Raketefrau's Avatar
    Joined
    2008 Sep
    Location
    Gimmelshtump
    Posts
    2,868
    R/P
    1.9543235704324
    Power
    16
    I'm pretty sure ABC is WET already. Even when they have shows about black families, they add Urkel.

    Urkel, btw, is the 3rd longest-running black comedy in TV history. Even beat Cosby:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_sitcom

  30. Fuck me I'm Famous! Grath's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Aug
    Location
    PL
    Posts
    5,998
    R/P
    1.9153051017006
    Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Puuntai View Post
    Having a "white culture" would imply that the majority of white people think alike and like the same shit. Which is far from the truth now, maybe 30 years ago.
    Right, but saying that the majority of black people think alike and that its easy to program for that is somehow ok.


    Like thats the amazing thing, you all somehow see having a white version of something that there is a black version of as racist, and yet you don't see yourselves as the racists you are for thinking that way.

  31. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Raketefrau's Avatar
    Joined
    2008 Sep
    Location
    Gimmelshtump
    Posts
    2,868
    R/P
    1.9543235704324
    Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    Like thats the amazing thing, you all somehow see having a white version of something that there is a black version of as racist, and yet you don't see yourselves as the racists you are for thinking that way.
    Did somebody say that and I missed it? I don't get where the "all" comes in, just casting a wide net with that troll?

    BET's been controversial from day 1, lots of black folks can't stand it. Many assumptions about what African-Americans want to watch on TV are completely backward, I work for a cable broadcaster and you'd be amazed at how it breaks down.

    Like, Tennis draws a lot more viewers than Hockey. That may not be the most surprising thing, but would you think that the vast majority of people watching tennis are black? It always seemed like such a white, country-club sport to me, the Williams sisters notwithstanding, but it turns out that the 12% of the population you mentioned above watches it in large enough numbers to keep it in the top 20 televised sports.

  32. Fuck me I'm Famous! Grath's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Aug
    Location
    PL
    Posts
    5,998
    R/P
    1.9153051017006
    Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Raketefrau View Post
    Did somebody say that and I missed it? I don't get where the "all" comes in, just casting a wide net with that troll?
    So all of the people on this page saying that strictly white programming is absurd somehow slid past you?

  33. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Bill Schwartzski's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Oct
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    341
    R/P
    1.0351906158358
    Power
    3
    So two groups exist. Lets call them Wlack and Bhite.

    Wlack people control most of society, including and up to government. At one point in time, Wlack people enslaved Bhite people and used the cheap labor pool to quickly build a nation's economic status. For this entire time, Bhite people were treated no better than animals.

    Fast forward 200 years. Wlack people experience virtually no problems getting on television, have no problems getting tv roles, no problems finding jobs since most everyone is Wlack. Bhite people struggle a disproportionate amount to get the same things, even after being subjected to almost 150 years of direct, dehumanizing treatment.

    Bhite people create a tv show just for them so they have the same opportunities as their Wlack counterparts.

    Wlack people complain that if they created a tv show just for Wlack people, it is the same thing.

    In the background, oblivious to the situation, Ted Nugent is trying to convince a news reporter that he is a really nice guy in real life and why don't I suck your dick and let me rape your associate producer, who is female? Fuck man I thought being a moderate liberal was hard. Being a moderate GOP member must suck.

  34. Fuck me I'm Famous! Grath's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Aug
    Location
    PL
    Posts
    5,998
    R/P
    1.9153051017006
    Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Schwartzski View Post

    Fast forward 200 years.
    The number of Bhite people alive today that suffered through the civil rights era is laughably small, I'm tired of hearing about all the terrible things that happened way back when. Are there tons of jewish support programs and groups around germany? Is the entire German government, labor, and education sectors bound up and forced to pay special attention to the jewish people? Oh whats that you say they somehow managed to just shut the fuck up and move on?

    Hmm, wow.

    Well what about the rest of Europe they all had slaves too are black people treated special over there?

    Hmm.

    Well we blew the Chinese to hell and back to make the rail roads, they were slaves too, did we set up the NAAAP? No?

    Its fucking stupid and its done and it doesn't happen anymore, the number of people who get to pull that card is fairly finite.

  35. The Empire never ended Grogoth's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Dec
    Location
    'shtraya
    Posts
    799
    R/P
    0.91989987484355
    Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    The number of Bhite
    The colour you are looking for is Grey
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  36. The Empire never ended Grogoth's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Dec
    Location
    'shtraya
    Posts
    799
    R/P
    0.91989987484355
    Power
    5
    FUCK THIS FUCKING FORUM AND EDITS;

    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    The number of Bhite
    The colour you are looking for is Grey

    e: son of a bitch i thought you typod
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  37. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Some Generally Awesome Dude's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Apr
    Location
    ISRAD
    Posts
    4,513
    R/P
    1.4183469975626
    Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    The number of Bhite people alive today that suffered through the civil rights era is laughably small, I'm tired of hearing about all the terrible things that happened way back when. Are there tons of jewish support programs and groups around germany? Is the entire German government, labor, and education sectors bound up and forced to pay special attention to the jewish people? Oh whats that you say they somehow managed to just shut the fuck up and move on?

    Hmm, wow.

    Well what about the rest of Europe they all had slaves too are black people treated special over there?

    Hmm.

    Well we blew the Chinese to hell and back to make the rail roads, they were slaves too, did we set up the NAAAP? No?

    Its fucking stupid and its done and it doesn't happen anymore, the number of people who get to pull that card is fairly finite.
    Holy shit that's a lot of ignorance packed into one post.

    How long after slavery are ex-slaves officially no longer allowed to "pull the slave card"?

    How long after being legally and socially marginalized are the no longer allowed to pull that card?

    How long after you obliterates someone's culture and subsume them into your own is it officially just their own damn fault for not acting "properly"?

    Your stupidity is so cliche that it's almost not believable.

  38. King Dong
    Joined
    2010 May
    Posts
    2,120
    R/P
    0.83396226415094
    Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    Right, but saying that the majority of black people think alike and that its easy to program for that is somehow ok.


    Like thats the amazing thing, you all somehow see having a white version of something that there is a black version of as racist, and yet you don't see yourselves as the racists you are for thinking that way.
    It's pretty easy to sell something that no one else makes, and no one except you has said that the idea of WET is racist, I said it wouldn't make money because almost everyone else already makes "white" shows, and Grim was saying the only way you could make TV whiter was by becoming a sounding board for the KKK.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    The number of Bhite people alive today that suffered through the civil rights era is laughably small, I'm tired of hearing about all the terrible things that happened way back when. Are there tons of jewish support programs and groups around germany? Is the entire German government, labor, and education sectors bound up and forced to pay special attention to the jewish people? Oh whats that you say they somehow managed to just shut the fuck up and move on?

    Hmm, wow.

    Well what about the rest of Europe they all had slaves too are black people treated special over there?

    Hmm.

    Well we blew the Chinese to hell and back to make the rail roads, they were slaves too, did we set up the NAAAP? No?

    Its fucking stupid and its done and it doesn't happen anymore, the number of people who get to pull that card is fairly finite.
    Actually Germany does pay reparations for the Holocaust to Israel, they would probably do the same for German Jews, but for some reason around 90% of them weren't around anymore to collect.

    Although kudos on connecting the conditions of the Chinese to Black Americans, because they actually do share a common thread. They're the only two groups to have legislation written limiting their civil rights as citizens. The only difference between them is that one group made up about .5% of the total national population while the other made up 14% of the national population. Being a smaller group has a side benefit of people usually ignoring you if you form cultural enclaves. If you attempt the same with nearly 15% of the population it ends up looking an awful lot like secession, especially when that 15% makes a majority/near majority in about 10% of the country.

    I'd like to point out once again, that the NAACP's name comes from 1909 and they choose to keep it as a reminder of how far we've come, not because of some attempt to propagate the idea of black racial superiority. You don't have to setup the NAAAP because they already have organizations like the OCA. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organiz...nese_Americans . I'm not going to bother looking up the name of an organization for every single minority group in the US, but I know they exist. You can find them for Jews, Women, Asians, Blacks, Muslims, Indians, and none of them differ much in mission from an organization like the ACLU. IE ensuring that people get treated the way they're supposed to be treated.

    I feel like I'm arguing against this personal narrative about race you created in your head that even Fartman won't touch with a 10-foot pole with White people as a minority, struggling against the yoke of Black oppressors and their stormfront-like war council the NAACP.

  39. Fuck me I'm Famous! Grath's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Aug
    Location
    PL
    Posts
    5,998
    R/P
    1.9153051017006
    Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Market Dude View Post
    Holy shit that's a lot of ignorance packed into one post.

    How long after slavery are ex-slaves officially no longer allowed to "pull the slave card"?

    How long after being legally and socially marginalized are the no longer allowed to pull that card?

    How long after you obliterates someone's culture and subsume them into your own is it officially just their own damn fault for not acting "properly"?

    Your stupidity is so cliche that it's almost not believable.
    I was not a slave owner, however, my grand parents grand parents were in Georgia.

    Can you imagine how much guilt I feel for what they did?


    I'll give you a hint, it rhymes with Hero.



    But I guess ignoring the points in the post because you cant refute them and just screaming about how ignorant the poster is would be the easier road to take.

  40. King Dong Fartman's Avatar
    Joined
    2007 Jan
    Location
    rock city
    Posts
    4,183
    R/P
    1.0475735118336
    Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Market Dude View Post
    How long after slavery are ex-slaves officially no longer allowed to "pull the slave card"?
    how about until they're dead?


  41. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Some Generally Awesome Dude's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Apr
    Location
    ISRAD
    Posts
    4,513
    R/P
    1.4183469975626
    Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    But I guess ignoring the points in the post because you cant refute them and just screaming about how ignorant the poster is would be the easier road to take.
    I didn't think they were worth "refuting". Fortunately for you, Poaw did.

    I just want to point out what a farcically empty argument "get over it" is in terms of the long-term impact of slavery and legal/social marginalization.

  42. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Raketefrau's Avatar
    Joined
    2008 Sep
    Location
    Gimmelshtump
    Posts
    2,868
    R/P
    1.9543235704324
    Power
    16
    I dunno Grath, you're usually more coherent and sensible than this. I'm not sure if this is the worst bait ever, if you're just purposely being obtuse, or if you really think black people want you to feel guilt over what your ancestors did, and that's why they want their own TV network or something. The whole argument has become so cyclical and broad that it's like arguing with my psycho ex-girlfriend.

  43. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Some Generally Awesome Dude's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Apr
    Location
    ISRAD
    Posts
    4,513
    R/P
    1.4183469975626
    Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Fartman View Post
    how about until they're dead?

    As a social group, as in progeny. Pedantry and obtuseness are your prerogative of course, though it will only go so far before people just stop responding with unnecessary clarifications for you.

  44. Fuck me I'm Famous! Grath's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Aug
    Location
    PL
    Posts
    5,998
    R/P
    1.9153051017006
    Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Raketefrau View Post
    I dunno Grath, you're usually more coherent and sensible than this.
    Here's as coherent and sensible as it gets: The entire world enslaved black people. Everybody did it. Somehow, amazingly, in other countries, they're not fucking martyrs and manage to live normal lives without having everything set up 'special' just for them.

    My country propagates the myth that they need special treatment further enabling the condition. To compound that, if you were to suggest a program of any kind was created for only white people, even if the exact same program exists for a black person, you would, in my country, be called a fucking racist.



    It is literally that fucking bad and there are half a dozen posts on this very page that back that up. Everybody is a racist, its your ability to acknowledge that and operate socially with that information that separates you from some cross burning hillbilly in Alabama.

  45. King Dong Fartman's Avatar
    Joined
    2007 Jan
    Location
    rock city
    Posts
    4,183
    R/P
    1.0475735118336
    Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Market Dude View Post
    As a social group, as in progeny
    if people who weren't actually slaves themselves start whining to me about slavery, all i'm going to do is laugh at them

  46. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Raketefrau's Avatar
    Joined
    2008 Sep
    Location
    Gimmelshtump
    Posts
    2,868
    R/P
    1.9543235704324
    Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    Here's as coherent and sensible as it gets: The entire world enslaved black people. Everybody did it. Somehow, amazingly, in other countries, they're not fucking martyrs and manage to live normal lives without having everything set up 'special' just for them.

    My country propagates the myth that they need special treatment further enabling the condition. To compound that, if you were to suggest a program of any kind was created for only white people, even if the exact same program exists for a black person, you would, in my country, be called a fucking racist.

    It is literally that fucking bad and there are half a dozen posts on this very page that back that up. Everybody is a racist, its your ability to acknowledge that and operate socially with that information that separates you from some cross burning hillbilly in Alabama.
    I don't see it as being that black and white. (I see what I did there)

    To me, the real remaining inequality is in education. It's a self-perpetuating cycle -- large numbers of minorities have to live in poor areas, so their schools suck, so they get shitty educations. They don't learn much, they don't teach their kids much, and the cycle continues generation after generation.

    Give me 30 years of equal funding in poor inner-city schools and rich, preppy areas and I'll say that the playing field's been evened out.

    Until then, there remains an economic prison.

  47. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    Joined
    2009 Jun
    Location
    In the Shadow of the Valley of Posting
    Posts
    4,985
    R/P
    0.86499498495486
    Blog Entries
    1
    Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    Are there tons of jewish support programs and groups around germany? Is the entire German government, labor, and education sectors bound up and forced to pay special attention to the jewish people? Oh whats that you say they somehow managed to just shut the fuck up and move on?
    HAHAHAHAHAHA! Nice one Grath. Nice and clueless.
    You can't get away without uhmpteen written and spoken appologies as a German politician after just slightly critizising the bullshit Israel is doing with its settlements in the West Bank.
    Are there many support groups? No. But a few barks are way enough to make any German politican fear for his or her office.

    The New Synagoge in the middle of Berlin still has 24/7 police protection, to give a different example.
    Monkeys killing monkeys killing monkeys over places of the ground.
    Silly monkeys, give them thumbs, they make a club and beat their brothers down.

    The universe is hostile, so impersonal: Devour to survive - So it is, so it's always been!

  48. Fuck me I'm Famous! Grath's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Aug
    Location
    PL
    Posts
    5,998
    R/P
    1.9153051017006
    Power
    26
    Yea its still not the same as black people are treated in the US but feel free to carry on.

  49. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Bill Schwartzski's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Oct
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    341
    R/P
    1.0351906158358
    Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    Oh whats that you say they somehow managed to just shut the fuck up and move on?
    They're trying to move on. The only problem is, some dumb racists are just too dumb and too racist. People in control do not get to say when to shut the fuck up and move on. To imply they do is missing the point entirely. Any single time someone says something like "sand nigger" the process starts all over again.

  50. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Bill Schwartzski's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Oct
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    341
    R/P
    1.0351906158358
    Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Manfred Hideous View Post
    I don't follow Paul as much as you do but his explanation seemed pretty rational.

    As for people hurting you with ::words:: I really don't much care. I'm a proud dago and I can't be assed to give a shit when someone uses invective about my ancestry. I personally don't use these words (save Dago. It's pretty fun to say) but in the end, it's the old sticks and stones rhyme that matters. If words alone hurt you, you're already pretty pathetic and will probably lead an unhappy existence.

    Just to clarify I don't mean YOU specifically as I don't know how emotionally fragile you are.
    You know very well the difference between the humor and pride associated with self-degridation versus using language to divide groups by manipulating mob mentality. To the uneducated they're not any different. I'm a white guy and a minority in my part of town, and people call me racist shit all the time - but they're doing it to my face because they love hanging. I return the favor.

    This is entirely different than me trying to rally a bunch of people with a directed objective of applying as much hatred and anger towards a specific group of people and fueling that with hateful speech.

    I certainly don't expect people to be perfect but in 2012 jingoism is a disease and it needs to end.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •