CEX.io
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Upcoming Changes: Shit that will change the gameplay in Eve Online

1. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodnovick View Post
    Not sure if there is a blog yet but you should check out the fanfest presentation about what they have planned.

Thanks! I should start watching these more often. That's all kinds of awesome. I hope most of this is implemented at some point.

2. "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    Pubbies crawling out of the woodwork.
    An increase in vibrancy, you mean.

3. Did you ever in your puff see such a perfect perisher? Endie's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I was reading Grath's tales of roaming woe and wondering why he didn't just visit the "vibrant" drone regions every time.

R/P
    Power
    Somebody did some number crunching yesterday, currently with a proper set up gang you can pull nearly 80m/hr mining, if you focus on high ends. I'd say its doing ok as an income stream.
    Are there actually enough high ends so that you can make that constantly?

5. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Matos View Post
    Are there actually enough high ends so that you can make that constantly?
    In upgraded systems, I'd say it's far from impossible. Depends on how many miners you have and how skilled they are.

6. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Malcanis's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Manfred Hideous View Post
    In upgraded systems, I'd say it's far from impossible. Depends on how many miners you have and how skilled they are.
    And on getting perfect refines, free hauling and rorqual support, and Jita prices for the minerals or someone who doesn't charge and is completely trustworthy to haul it to Jita for you.

7. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    And on getting perfect refines, free hauling and rorqual support, and Jita prices for the minerals or someone who doesn't charge and is completely trustworthy to haul it to Jita for you.
    all of which are often handled well with alts. I've known some dedicated miners who would multibox four hulks and a rorq. You're right that getting the stuff to market (assuming you can't sell locally) is a pain but a multiboxer or small group who share the profits should be able to pull it off.

Than again, I may be wrong. When I mine I generally keep the mins and use them to replace my scrub ships.

R/P
    Power
    all of which are often handled well with alts. I've known some dedicated miners who would multibox four hulks and a rorq. You're right that getting the stuff to market (assuming you can't sell locally) is a pain but a multiboxer or small group who share the profits should be able to pull it off.

Than again, I may be wrong. When I mine I generally keep the mins and use them to replace my scrub ships.
    got 2 guys in my corp that multibox with betwen them 15 miners , rourqual orca hauling all that shit, making 1B per day mining like 6 hours a day.

9. Impostor
    R/P
    Power
    My heart sank at the suggestion of allowing players to turn-in NPC tags to gain security status; the very reason Concord agents were removed by Castor back in 2004.

Otherwise most of the presentation sounded reasonable, thanks to Manfred for posting it here.

R/P
    Power
    Don't you have to mine more then just the abc's to hold the Industry level (and with it the hidden belts)?
    Could well be that my memory is wrong but I think that was something our Miners lamented about when I was still in a more carebearish corp.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fireclown View Post
    My heart sank at the suggestion of allowing players to turn-in NPC tags to gain security status; the very reason Concord agents were removed by Castor back in 2004.

Otherwise most of the presentation sounded reasonable, thanks to Manfred for posting it here.
    I posted it , not cool.

12. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    I posted it , not cool.
    I just saw that.

I only quoted Prodnovick. He deserves the credit.

13. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Matos View Post
    Don't you have to mine more then just the abc's to hold the Industry level (and with it the hidden belts)?
    Could well be that my memory is wrong but I think that was something our Miners lamented about when I was still in a more carebearish corp.
    I'm not a dedicated miner but (at least in Dominion) if you mined out the ABC rocks and the spod on the small it would respawn completely full the next day and it appeared to be enough for level 2. I've only just recently resubbed after about 6 months off and much has changed.

14. I'm Only in It for the Money Grim's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I like the idea of somehow being able to buy back security status. Now you have the choice of flying around killing rats for x hours to regain sec status and just paying off the police (kinda).

And I think Matos is right about the mining thing. I'm at work so I dont have it with me, but there is a guide that shows how many m3 you need to mine to raise the index each level, and how much needs to be mined to maintain. I think that to maintain at level 3/4 you cant just cherry pick the good stuff.
    If you kill enough of them they stop fighting - Gen. Curtis Lemay
    Fear the KKM

15. "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Warhead's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I'm not a dedicated miner but (at least in Dominion) if you mined out the ABC rocks and the spod on the small it would respawn completely full the next day and it appeared to be enough for level 2. I've only just recently resubbed after about 6 months off and much has changed.
    The shit part with this is that Spod is the 2nd worst ore (isk/m3 wise) you can mine behind Omber.

Yes, perfect Rorqual boosting + perfect Hulk pilot (to include Highwall 1005 and Michi) can push 80m/hr mining Arkonor with up-to-the-minute mineral prices, but that drops significantly once the Ark is gone. I suppose you won't make a terrible living making in the range of 65m/hr with Bistot, Crokite and Hemorphite though.

16. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex ente's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Hi, I'm a dumbass and all but how do you deal with the rats in the belts? If you have a 3 BS spawn, I imagine it would melt your Hulk pretty fast and if you had to warp out every time rats spawn, that would probably hurt your isk/hour. Do you have any fellow corpies that take care of the rats or how do you manage that?

R/P
    Power
    It's pretty easy to tank 3 BS rats in a hulk, the only thing you have to take care of is to either stagger the lasers or to make sure you don't stop/start them too often so you lose cap.

Of course, it's much easier to just stuff a fatass domi as a tank and just never shoot them.
    Turning pretend colourblind angels from spaceship to madship samurais, one post at a time.

18. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by ente View Post
    Hi, I'm a dumbass and all but how do you deal with the rats in the belts? If you have a 3 BS spawn, I imagine it would melt your Hulk pretty fast and if you had to warp out every time rats spawn, that would probably hurt your isk/hour. Do you have any fellow corpies that take care of the rats or how do you manage that?
    I get bounties with my hulk.

Seriously, it takes a while but you're not going anywhere. You tank them (need decent skills and gear) while your medium drones slowly kill them.

19. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Raketefrau's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I get bounties with my hulk.

Seriously, it takes a while but you're not going anywhere. You tank them (need decent skills and gear) while your medium drones slowly kill them.
    Also, don't forget you can orbit your jetcan or the roid, hulk speedtank ftw.

20. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Raketefrau View Post
    Also, don't forget you can orbit your jetcan or the roid, hulk speedtank ftw.
    Didn't some dude take his hulk out ganking, resulting in some hilarious kills? Hulks must have been cheap back in the day.

R/P
    Power
    Those hulk kills were awesome, but he was setup specifically for it and only showed where he went after prey he could actually take on. Hell, an iteron 5 has been seen taking down a megathron. Weirder things than a hulk has happened.
    Turning pretend colourblind angels from spaceship to madship samurais, one post at a time.

22. Impostor
    R/P
    Power
    I posted it , not cool.
    I'm so sorry, so you did. My accolades now go to you, Prodnovick; Manfred will have to be content with basking in reflected glory.

On another subject, searching for an evidential basis on which to discuss whether Nullsec really was more risky than Hisec for PvE, I did some cursory research, followed by some back-of-an-envelope calculations.

Using Marauders (theoretically at least, a PvE-only ship) as an example, I counted through Battleclinic those destroyed in the past 30 days, and got the following figures:

116 Marauder kills, of which 39 occurred in Nullsec (33.6%), 29 in Lowsec (25%), 39 in Hisec (33.6%) and 9 in W-Space (7.8%).

Adjusted to (admittedly out of date) 2011 demographics (79.6% Hisec, 6.7% Lowsec, 11.3% Nullsec, 2.3% W-Space), suggests that one's chances of losing a high-value PvE ship to PvP are something like 7.5 times greater in Nullsec, 9.3 times greater in Lowsec, and 8.5 times greater in W-Space. Now, though I realise that these figures are based on limited data-gathering, and far from scientifically rigorous, but even allowing for a fairly hefty margin or error, they do suggest that - contrary to the assertions of many in this thread - Nullsec is a significantly more dangerous environment for PvE (Lowsec and W-Space even more so) and that moreover its increased dangers greatly outweigh its increased rewards.

R/P
    Power
    I am pretty surprised that people still use Marauders these days, when a Tengu or other T3 equiv is much easier to train for.

24. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Raketefrau's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Didn't some dude take his hulk out ganking, resulting in some hilarious kills? Hulks must have been cheap back in the day.
    They were never very cheap. Before Invention they were often 3-500million.

Talk about an isk faucet. Or sink. Or funnel. Or maybe an isk anvil.

25. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    They're running (or were this W/E) over 300 mill now.

And the cost of covetors is ridiculous. God, I'll start building the damned things if someone can arrange another hulkageddon. With today's prices now is the time.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicar View Post
    I am pretty surprised that people still use Marauders these days, when a Tengu or other T3 equiv is much easier to train for.
    It's a valid metric though: you can use a Tengu for PvP as well, but 99% of Marauders are PvE.
    Mfume Apocal - Origin. - Black Legion.

27. Impostor
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicar View Post
    Agreed; PvE Tengus would almost certainly be a better measure. Sadly, individually checking the fits of the approximately 1600 Tengu killmails generated in the last 30 days would take far longer than I can be bothered with. If anybody can find the motivation to do this, they are undeniably a better man than I.

28. What Good Is a Glass Dagger?
    R/P
    Power
    To be fair the Khronos we killed last week was PVP fit.

Seeing mining become a useful profession again has me excited. I used to run 0.0 mining corps back in the day with alts to satisfy my SPACE CEO desires. I might get back into that again.

29. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Malcanis's Avatar
    R/P
    Power

Sure alts can do it, but it's still your time that's spent doing it, so it still comes out of your "hour". It's still overhead on that 80m ISK/hr figure. On the other hand, as I pointed out, mining scales with numbers, and mining is also one of the easiest activities to multibox.

I remember corp mining ops in 2006, and they were a nice relaxing way to get through a Sunday morning hangover with a few hours of undemanding activity, and an opportunity have a relaxed chat with other guys in the corp. Now that we can add Rorqual support, haulers are more effective etc, they can also make decent ISK as well. As I said before, if only CCP were to make 0.0 industry worth while as well, then I think they'd become common again.

30. Adjustment Team
    R/P
    Power
    I'll start building the damned things if someone can arrange another hulkageddon. With today's prices now is the time.
    Hulkageddon V (now co-sponsored by goonwaffe) kicks off on or shortly after the 28th of this month.
    [I]spherical monkey fears and envies[/I]

31. Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night Teh Ashen's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by lothos View Post
    got 2 guys in my corp that multibox with betwen them 15 miners , rourqual orca hauling all that shit, making 1B per day mining like 6 hours a day.
    That works out to 11mil per acount per hour. Not enough to pay for plex, imo.
    HILMAR DIED 4 YORU SINZ

32. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubutai View Post
    Hulkageddon V (now co-sponsored by goonwaffe) kicks off on or shortly after the 28th of this month.
    Snap. I gotta start buying covetor BPCs.

R/P
    Power
    Snap. I gotta start buying covetor BPCs.
    I used to invent hulks, like, I did other stuff that I flew too, but it whittled down to just hulks. I have about 300 covetor BPC's left. Feelin pretty good.

34. Piper in the Woods George Pissedofferson's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh Ashen View Post
    That works out to 11mil per acount per hour. Not enough to pay for plex, imo.
    Those figures are either way off, or the guy with 15 accounts is doing it wrong. I remember a guy with 8 characters (7 hulls + rorq) who would pull in close to 3.5 bil a week with about 3-4 hours of cherry picking ABC out of hidden belts. This was about a year and a half ago, so I have no idea if anything has changed since. Still not that much per hour, but minerals were cheap back then.

Also posting to disable ads. \o/

35. Electric Ant
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by George Pissedofferson View Post
    Those figures are either way off, or the guy with 15 accounts is doing it wrong. I remember a guy with 8 characters (7 hulls + rorq) who would pull in close to 3.5 bil a week with about 3-4 hours of cherry picking ABC out of hidden belts. This was about a year and a half ago, so I have no idea if anything has changed since. Still not that much per hour, but minerals were cheap back then.
    Yep, those figures are off. Just mining pyroxeres, a high-sec ore, you can take down 35+ million/hour (8.6 million/can @ 4 cans/hour), without an orca or rorqual boosting. With an orca boosting whose pilot has the mining mindlink implant, you get up into the realm of 50 million/hour per hulk.

36. Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night Teh Ashen's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Anyone have mining per hour figures for the new mineral prices?
    HILMAR DIED 4 YORU SINZ

37. Electric Ant
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh Ashen View Post
    Anyone have mining per hour figures for the new mineral prices?
    I'm at work, so I don't have the bookmark for the website I use. But, if no has responded to you by the time I get home, I will edit this with a link.

Edit: Teh, here is the link for the site I have used in the past when the mood for industry struck me. Easiest way to figure out ISK per hour is to put 27,500 in the volume box at the bottom. That way all of the prices shown will reflect the value of a full jet can. When I first found the site I would check the accuracy of the prices every few weeks. But, I've not been there in quite some time. So, you may want to have an alt. quickly verify the accuracy

38. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    I used to invent hulks, like, I did other stuff that I flew too, but it whittled down to just hulks. I have about 300 covetor BPC's left. Feelin pretty good.
    Grath, you were a carebear? Why am I having a hard time picturing that?

39. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee? Della Monk's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Practicing industry on the side is hardly the qualifier of a carebear.
    K(awaii)ugu(u)tsumen

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Della Monk View Post
    Practicing industry on the side is hardly the qualifier of a carebear.
    Producing 70 hulks a week is hardly 'practicing it on the side'.

I made my first billion producing battleship hulls too, I have every single thing needed to do every form of t2 production for all 4 races through invention (rigs, ships, mods).

R/P
    Power
    Producing 70 hulks a week is hardly 'practicing it on the side'.

I made my first billion producing battleship hulls too, I have every single thing needed to do every form of t2 production for all 4 races through invention (rigs, ships, mods).
    You prob produced it on the whim you were going to blow it up, the "fleet doctrine of choice" up at the time, or if you were going a few years before fleet doctrine, aka kitchen sink, ratter choice of pvp.

42. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Kevin's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Just derped over to the drone regions on sisi

It would appear that the drones receive the same bounties as pirate battleships. 500k, 650k, 950k, etc. Didn't shoot any to see if they drop loot (was in shuttle) but i believe their plexes are junk, so if they're leaving everything as-is and just giving drones the same bounties, has drone space become the least attractive space in terms of income?

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    ...has drone space become the least attractive space in terms of income?
    Not as long as Provi exists.
    Mfume Apocal - Origin. - Black Legion.

44. Expendable
    R/P
    Power
    I'm going to totally derail this thread, with one suggestion that always fell on deaf ears, to your nerd fucks, that cant think ahead of one move.. Why the fuck can we not move or move all our shit, if we pay concord, so i dont need to fucking move all my shit about in my fucking short life time... That would be good.. Then i could play this turd of a game, for one/two/three/fours hours here or there...

How about CCP you change that.. Make it a little bit less grinding!!! Its a fucking pain.. doign anything in this game. Especially now i realised how good real life is hahahahaha

FFS people have lifes.. but i love the thrill of fighting!

45. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Kevin's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Contact red frog.

46. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Raketefrau's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I ran around buying every reasonably priced skiff I could find last week.

Fuck tech, Morphite's gonna be the new bottleneck.

47. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power

Funny you mention that. The price check channel was full of complaints about the sustained price of Morphite. Is it worth mining in a hulk instead of buying a skiff?

48. Impostor
    R/P
    Power
    It is never worth mining morph in a hulk if you have access to the skiff. You take major yield hits - even bigger than you would mining ice compared to the mack.

49. Go fuck yourself Frodo! SmilingVagrant's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by zapo View Post
    I'm going to totally derail this thread, with one suggestion that always fell on deaf ears, to your nerd fucks, that cant think ahead of one move.. Why the fuck can we not move or move all our shit, if we pay concord, so i dont need to fucking move all my shit about in my fucking short life time... That would be good.. Then i could play this turd of a game, for one/two/three/fours hours here or there...

How about CCP you change that.. Make it a little bit less grinding!!! Its a fucking pain.. doign anything in this game. Especially now i realised how good real life is hahahahaha

FFS people have lifes.. but i love the thrill of fighting!
    What the fuck? Well at least I agree with your edit.

R/P
    Power

Yea, this puts geography back on the map, that shit only pops up in .8 or higher systems, unless theres something dumb I don't know about mining upgrades (<- totally possible)