CEX.io
Page 51 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,550 of 4540

Ye Olde Providence Thread - I put on my chains and slave collar

1. Becalmed in Hell ReallyMatter's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    I'm not really calling this false because I wasn't there, but this is something we've never really had to do before, and burning a spy for a single Wyvern doesn't really seem like us either.

I think you'll find it more likely that the pilot panic'd when the cyno went up on him and that the rest is a bit of constructive role playing to cover the loss.

I hear you guys have a dedicated posting guide on how to get alts into Yulai and Apoc easily and simply, so it seems to me it would be a no brain er to burn an alt for a Super Kill since you are going to be able to or already have more alts in there without a second thought of ease.

But I am not blaming or pointing fingers, it is what you guys do and everyone knows your good at it.

R/P
    Power
    I actually take it back, after talking to some people, it seems that their description of events is entirely accurate.

3. The Idiot Bastard Son Kanloch's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    In before CVA smugposting.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanloch View Post
    In before CVA smugposting.
    What exactly would they be smug about? Losing a wyvern 140km away from its nearest support ship?

5. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Rovern Hashu's Avatar
    Arton II - CreoDron Factory, Arton, Domain
    R/P
    Power
    It happens, we were overdue for a super loss anyway, last one was lost ratting over two years ago by a GENCO pilot (http://kb.cva-eve.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=152877). Better to lose in in a combat fleet shooting something than for it to be caught rattig. Besides we bagged an Aeon yesterday in low-sec who logged with aggro (http://kb.cva-eve.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=224228)

6. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Perseus Kallistratos's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovern Hashu View Post
    It happens, we were overdue for a super loss anyway, last one was lost ratting over two years ago by a GENCO pilot (http://kb.cva-eve.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=152877). Better to lose in in a combat fleet shooting something than for it to be caught rattig. Besides we bagged an Aeon yesterday in low-sec who logged with aggro (http://kb.cva-eve.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=224228)
    Aeon was shooting something (planetary carebear facility I think) and logged with aggression. Scanned by a Helios and shot for 20 min by a drake. Then people started arriving, CVA was contacted for heavy shit and the rest is history.

R/P
    Power
    i have an idea

how about CVA roleplays as people who are actually good at pvp

8. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Wildside's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    no hating on cva imo...they are "good" stubborn people....tho a bit too grumpy sometimes and stuck up in the past, but all in all good people
    ------------------------------------
    "God created the world in seven days, in a smaller, but no less impressive gesture, I destroyed HTA in 5"
    Grath

Mr Blue / Twisted girl /Stripperella - SNIGG - PL

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter Belmont View Post
    i have an idea

I too like to take my upvoted smug post from Evenews24 and slap it here, dazzling all with my superior wit.

Attachment 2568

R/P
    Power
    wow you went through all that just to uncover my hijinks on the internet

i bet you are a keyboard wizard, aren't you

11. Go fuck yourself Frodo!
    R/P
    Power
    CVA used to be good at EVE in the days of when t2 mods where uncommon with Aralis giving out full reimbursments for everything and printing t2 mods/ships left and right. In addition you had reasonably good FCs like Solusar, Hardin, mad4it, Jeff lebowski, Redwolf (drunken rant.com) etc. That combo was ahead of its time.
    After a while the old hands went inactive and everyone halfgood would do proper fits, and Aralis's reimbursment meant less and less with regards to put CVA ahead.

The good thing about NRDS Providence is that it opens up 0.0 to every halfwit in the game, presenting the rest of nbsi community with targets you usually have to wardec in high sec to reach (beyond the odd high sec gankage).

R/P
    Power
    i bet you are a keyboard wizard, aren't you
    I once wrote a 347 page novel just by rocking back and forth on my keyboard butt naked.

13. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?
    R/P
    Power
    Let me try my hand at this:

No u

14. Monalisa Overdrive Phineas Freak's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Garreck View Post
    Let me try my hand at this:

No u

i wanted to preserve this classic from the days when cva was good for the day neddy got a crazy idea, but since most of his plans are pretty solid it's time to let it go.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleton View Post
    I once wrote a 347 page novel just by rocking back and forth on my keyboard butt naked.
    Wait, did I say keyboard?

16. This is harsh. Evaluate me
    R/P
    Power
    Looking forward to getting back in May and rejoining CVA pwn machine :-)

(posting ever so slightly drunk from Auckland)

BTW does Kugu live in Malaysia? Been offered a job in KL... Will definitely accept if he does!

17. How to Build a Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later El Space Mariachi's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardin View Post

BTW does Kugu live in Malaysia? Been offered a job in KL... Will definitely accept if he does!
    I'm afraid Mulla moved to Paris a while ago, and has since moved to Landan... you're about a year and a half late to catch him in Koala Land (or Kuala Lumpur, close enough)

All the same, take the job in Malaysia, it'll be interesting (just don't get a tattoo of the word Allah in Arabic and be a singer)

18. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Amarr Victor!

and come play Dungeons and Dragons Online with me.

Your location makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside Don
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

19. The Empire never ended Grogoth's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stronke View Post
    Your location makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside Don
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Peyote View Post
    [Join Date 2011 JanLocation Grogoth es numero unoPosts 4,675Infractions1/0 (0)Power56R/P3.78
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

20. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Supp my big nose and floppy lip friend, we be yellous?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

21. Go fuck yourself Frodo!
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardin View Post

Crossing off May on the calendar! Hardin should be on the content list of EVE. Always in a good mood regardless of whats going on,
    and at his peak made reports/posts that equal (or surpass?) Elise.

Nice to see you around!

22. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Paging Providence dwellers

Status with the region? Been a couple weeks since people posted in here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

23. Adjustment Team
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stronke View Post
    Paging Providence dwellers

Status with the region? Been a couple weeks since people posted in here.
    I THINK THAT IS BECAUSE THEY CAN'T QUITE BELIEVE IT THEMSELVES RIGHT NOW.

R/P
    Power
    It's weird... We're only just coming to terms with the fact that no-one's steamrolling/ skullfucking us. We kind of got used to it.

It's nice actually though I have to admit I've been logging in less often the last few weeks.

I've seen quite a few fresh faces and some gearing up of markets in some areas. There are some fights to be had, some roaming gangs coming in and out but not a great deal. Dhurva still wants to drop triage carriers on everything that moves. Kenada's still a retard etc etc.

Not a while lot to report from where I'm sitting, I hope someone like Rovern will have something useful to say since I'm sure he knows more than I do.

25. This is harsh. Evaluate me
    R/P
    Power
    In other news: CVA's former information officer throws himself off a bridge after his Alliance Creation business goes into terminal decline...

Just like CVA, early reports of his demise proved unfounded...

26. This is harsh. Evaluate me
    R/P
    Power
    Nothing much going on tbh. Sov has been established, neuts are pooring in , and Citadel has the daily "HALP" shouts.
    Looks some PL are camping pockets 23/7 (had a hotdrop on my carebear gang a week ago) , and roams are good fun. You lose some, you win some.

Markets are growing, -A- is showing their face once in a while , but not as massive (yet) as I remember from Provi 1. Most roams are from Red.Overlord (hotdrops), and the weekend roams by neutrals (which is always hilarious to follow in the Intel channel.

27. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Glad to hear, If any thing fun happens in the region don't be shy and post about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

R/P
    Power
    whats the "policies" of providence ?
    Whos the close allies and when is alliances given space and so on ?

+5 is paying docking and repair fees, so holding all that sov and bridges is so expensive that you have to pick pennies.
    Why not give out some more space to blues and have them pay the sov ?

Imo. providence needs more inhabitants; carebears, blue alliances and hostile pvp gangs all together.
    Not sure how to do it though.

29. Go fuck yourself Frodo!
    R/P
    Power
    My impression is that policies are the same as in Old Providence before the SC eviction a few years ago;

NRDS
    Free access to the space (ratting, mining, plex, anoms) as long as you dont shoot neutrals (except when defending yourself)
    Docking (at a fee which isnt crippeling, tho i think some outposts are free to dock).

Too many Sov holders=setting up a proper jumpbridge network becomes a bitch and the diplo headaches increases exponentionally is my guess.
    Also, coherency in communication, policy and fleetforming goes to shit etc.

They need more members in the current alliances instead of spreading it out on xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx new random groups.
    As for Providence needing more inhabitants; well, looking at the intel channels with my alt I see the traffic increasing gradually, so its heading back to the old level activity
    gradually.
    But since a fair share of the peeps living in Providence are high sec dvellers that are very skittish, each time CVA gets evicted, it takes them a long time "lure" the n00blets back
    into the belt for NBSIers to reach :P

Its a wildlife refuge of sorts; just have to stick to a reasonable kill quota so you dont make them extintic.

30. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Rovern Hashu's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Wall Of Text Inbound, if you don't careabout local (Provi) shit ignore this:

Holders:

4thDistrict [4th] – 256 members
    Apocalypse Now. [APOC] – 586 Members
    Care Factor [C.F.] - 427 Members
    Curatores Veritatis Alliance [CVA] – 1279 Members
    Eternal Evocations [E.E] – 654 Members
    Sev3rance[-7-] - 419 Members
    Silent Infinity [AFK] – 700 members
    SuperNova Federation – 343 Members
    The Shadows of Eve Coalition – 303 members
    The Volition Cult [VOLT] – 310 Members
    Yulai Federation [YF] - 837 Members

Providence on a sov level has been very quiet, the only recent changes were somepeaceful acquisitions along the Catch/Providence border by two CVAcorporations.

Day to Day as mentioned above has mostly been roaming raid fleets. Weekends often sees several large fleets as large as 40-50 hostiles who will roam through plus the odd hotdrop (PL cap drop on CVA minerfleet, Wyvern loss from several weeks ago during catch station flip).

Local activity in the area is actually fairly high, intel is seeing 600-700 during peak euro weekend times so we're approaching previous levels (over 1k). South and Central Providence is fairly heavily populated as these were the first ares recovered, North Providence has been slow but we've seen a spike in 49gc area as AFK were given sov and they have moved in. QR-9uy pipe has been fairly low-level activity(from what I've been told) so lots of room for growth. I can't really speak for most of the other alliances' pockets but in general growth has been fairly steady even as hostile raids have seemed to increase.

To answer some of Dsans questions, general policies are the same as pre(-A-) invasion. Jumpclone system still works as before, POS are generally allowed on a case by case basis. Blue standings are heavily restricted because we have once again hit our standings limit(*pokes CSM members requesting more alliance standings*) We have to be even more careful with standings as that opens up jumpbridge use. +10s have free access to stations, +5 have reduced fees (I believe its half fees but not 100% sure).

Probablyour biggest internal issue right now is developing an efficientjump-bridge network that spreads out the costs a bit. Keep in mind the last time we were running the region network we had 2 bridges a system so trying to sort efficient routes while minimizing the need to transfer systems between alliances has been very hard (we've beenarguing and trying to plan for 3+ months) and nobody is really happy about anything atm.

BecauseI'm an ECON/History major and I love statistics:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...3pfNjdwYWVJamc

Roaming Groups in Providence while I write this: Gypsy Band, Red.Overlord,Red Alliance, Darkside

(Gypsy Band won)

31. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Good luck Rovern
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

32. Monalisa Overdrive Phineas Freak's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    lol rovern you totaly forgot yulai.
    you hater.

33. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Rovern Hashu's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Knew I would forget someone, fixed. (*blames dotlan for having the colors of YF and CVA so similar*)

34. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee? Byrr's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    It's cool to see things getting back to what they were like in Providence a couple of years ago. I saw a PLEX for sale in Providence on EVE Central for not too terrible a price, and ducked my head in to look for it in game. I was surprised to see so many listings for PLEX on the Provi market. Either there's a fair number of people living there again, or a bunch of people have picked a terrible place to try to build a PLEX market.

35. Pre-Person
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrr View Post
    It's cool to see things getting back to what they were like in Providence a couple of years ago. I saw a PLEX for sale in Providence on EVE Central for not too terrible a price, and ducked my head in to look for it in game. I was surprised to see so many listings for PLEX on the Provi market. Either there's a fair number of people living there again, or a bunch of people have picked a terrible place to try to build a PLEX market.
    I bet its the latter.

R/P
    Power
    Provi residents are the same nerds who LARP on weekends irl

it is the sovereign right of the sex-having citizens of New Eden to go shit on their collective chests

37. Leader of the Scandinavy Securitas's Avatar
    Oh trust me, I am more than special. I'm swedish!
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by penifSMASH View Post

it is the sovereign right of the sex-having citizens of New Eden to go shit on their collective chests
    From what I can gather from Bollywood movies and my friend Ikya Indians don't have sex, no joke.

38. Monalisa Overdrive Phineas Freak's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by penifSMASH View Post

Have not come across any LARPers for quite some time. They either hide somewhere or have left to greener pastures. Not being a LARPer does not prevent you from being retarded though.. or being terrible at Eve. But i do wonder why anyone would rather have a dump on a someones chest than having sex with a girlfriend/boyfriend/both, there is some anal fixation in your posting that made my freudian senses tingle in excitement

39. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee? Byrr's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Phineas Freak View Post
    Have not come across any LARPers for quite some time. They either hide somewhere or have left to greener pastures. Not being a LARPer does not prevent you from being retarded though.. or being terrible at Eve.
    I LARP on weekends, but I was never in CVA. While I generally approve of the NRDS stance, but I'm not much for the whole "Amarr Victor" thing.

40. Gay Bar
    R/P
    Power
    I LARP a badposter every day.

41. Piper in the Woods
    R/P
    Power
    Amarr Victor in local generates the most smack and is generally amusing to see, sometimes you get it after you've just been spanked to add insult to injury.

42. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    It's too quiet in this here thread.

I was trying to bait an NC talos in my (almost fit LOL) with a blue/neut fleet in system. It didn't turn out quite how I expected.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13016720

I know. I suck at eve.

I also learned in citadel that I'm not supposed to pit my Omen against a Tier 3 BC alone. Why would I fly without backup, said one guy. :-/

43. Monalisa Overdrive Phineas Freak's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Welcome back Manfred!
    May all your wives, offspring and goats be blessed.

The Northern part of Providence (-7-, E.E and Volt) more recently seems to operate a crude NBSI/NRDS mix of "shoot neutrals unless a blue vouches/declares it as his alt" and expect you to response in local if asked for your intentions. quite hard during a fight :P
    The southern part operates NRDS + intel in panic mode, leroys ships in F9E area and is joking about SBU'ing HED as soon as -A- move up North.

All is good.

44. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    Welcome back Manfred!
    May all your wives, offspring and goats be blessed.

The Northern part of Providence (-7-, E.E and Volt) more recently seems to operate a crude NBSI/NRDS mix of "shoot neutrals unless a blue vouches/declares it as his alt" and expect you to response in local if asked for your intentions. quite hard during a fight :P
    The southern part operates NRDS + intel in panic mode, leroys ships in F9E area and is joking about SBU'ing HED as soon as -A- move up North.

All is good.
    Thanks!

I've never had a problem with -7- but Volt seems very twitchy. The part that bugged me was they were stupefied that I would try to tackle a Tier3 BC alone.

I like the idea of Leeroying. Maybe I'll head on down to R3 for some fun tonight.

Have CVA relaxed their RP expectations or something? I may be rejoining some old friends who are now in CVA and I was a bit surprised they were actually in CVA as I didn't know any of them to do RP stuff. I let them know I'd apply as soon as the harpy moves out of my master BR.

45. Monalisa Overdrive Phineas Freak's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Manfred Hideous View Post
    Have CVA relaxed their RP expectations or something? I may be rejoining some old friends who are now in CVA and I was a bit surprised they were actually in CVA as I didn't know any of them to do RP stuff. I let them know I'd apply as soon as the harpy moves out of my master BR.
    They did not kick me out yet so you should manage just fine :P
    Some corporations still hold the "Amarr only" tradition upright, but most corporations in CVA do not RP at all or at a modest level.

46. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    They did not kick me out yet so you should manage just fine :P
    Some corporations still hold the "Amarr only" tradition upright, but most corporations in CVA do not RP at all or at a modest level.
    Good to know. Thanks.

R/P
    Power
    I learned that if you just head for PI5, you should get the usual blob chasing you - running around in that pocket.
    It is the pocket with the best systems afterall, so I guess they get pretty busy chasing people out when ratting is halted.

By all means, invite me on roams if anyone is ever going and looking for a wing man :P

48. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Manfred Hideous View Post
    It has always depended on the corporation you applied to. You have corporations in CVA who don't role play at all and you have the ones that only excepts role players.

As a non role player I was always welcome in CVA, I just couldn't join every corp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

49. Becalmed in Hell Aokisensei's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Is VOLT actually operating NRDS and cooperating with the rest of the holders now? I remember they always used to be NBSI.

Also, kinda also Provi related I guess, does anyone know what's been happening in northern Catch? Seems to be some border skirmishes between some of the -A- pets and the Provi holders. I remember a long time ago that -A- supposedly 'gifted' the BR/ERVK/IS/7MD/S25 constellation to CVA, is that still theirs?

Also, VOLT seems to have taken ZQ- from The Kadeshi. Any idea if any of that was -A- sanctioned or just the Provi holders getting a little ambitious and having a slapfight with the north Catch pets?

(And I hope nobody in Provi is serious about trying to SBU HED...)

50. I'm Only in It for the Money Grim's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    How active is Provi during USTZ? Are any of the residents primarily US?
    If you kill enough of them they stop fighting - Gen. Curtis Lemay
    Fear the KKM