CEX.io
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Solo PvP... What Do?

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Mfume View Post
    franco losi and his falcon alt is ranco losi, right?
    That's the one! Though in all seriousness, I should have won.

I was safe from the Falcon due to my OH'ed ECCM, but I had PP loaded and didn't switch to Fusion and my EC-300's engaged the Falcon rather than the Vigliant (and they failed to jam out the Falcon). The fight ended with him entering structure, so had I gotten off one good jam cycle or been hitting his weakest resist, I might have won. :/

At least it was only a 'Cane.

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Alternatively, the damage bonus from BC 5 would have killed him, but I cba to train that over other skills until CCP gives a date to the skill changes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieTopSiders View Post
    Alternatively, the damage bonus from BC 5 would have killed him, but I cba to train that over other skills until CCP gives a date to the skill changes.
    Why? If you have BC 5 and the skill to fly the all the BCs, then you get all BCs at 5, right? I'm going to be pretty emo if that's not the case, since I can fly all but the Gallente CS.

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    CCP has confirmed you'll get Racial BC 5 as long as you have BC 5 and Racial Cruiser to IV. I'm just training other things I use more regularly than the BC skill before I commit to the 20 day train of BC V ( HAC V in queue right now, then medium gun specs to IV, etc.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

5. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    Had me worried there for a minute.

It looks like I'm picking up the Gal for free, then as I have cruiser 4. Sweet I can fly an Eos! :/

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Manfred Hideous View Post
    Had me worried there for a minute.

It looks like I'm picking up the Gal for free, then as I have cruiser 4. Sweet I can fly an Eos! :/
    Eos is meh, but Astarte is pretty boss.

7. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex
    R/P
    Power
    Fucking RAZOR nigger engaged my armor 'Cane in his Vigilant, but only after he got his Falcon alt into system.
    RZR being faggots, massive nonshock. Anyway pretty ballsy of you to fly an armor cane unscouted in the North (or at all in busy 0.0).
    Meanwhile i've had lots of fun dumpstering bads in my Vengeance
    http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13041432
    Elite lowsec PvPers coming out of the woodwork. I was thinking that the Flycatcher may be combat-fit and ready to die after killing the Enyo. But then Enyo pops in like 5 volleys and the Flycatcher gets the fuck out while i get 6mil bounty from the Enyos 400mil pod. Paid for that standard Exile i popped, op success
    http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13042666 dude dualboxed i guess, but really wanted to camp me in till some reinforcements arrive from 1j out. I warped from pingspot into bubble right next to the Sentinel while the Sabre was 30k off and two-volleyed him.
    http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13054602
    Annoyed them in their home-system so the Oracle decided to warpin 50k off gate and kinda burn away as i went for him, didnt end well. Taranis came in just as Oracle died, so looks more ~elitepvp~ than it actually is.
    Also nearly got shat on by tankless kiting rail catalyst
    http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13041429
    Was p surprised by that one, the amount of damage and projection was rather scary (got his pod w/ 5% hardwires too)

R/P
    Power
    wow bro what's your vengeance fit?

R/P
    Power
    rape in the highs mids and lows apparently.

edit: still this one? http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=12666794
    Mfume Apocal - Origin. - Black Legion.

10. Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night Viribus's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Hah wow I use the exact same vengeance fit

Also that enyo fit gave me cancer

11. How to Build a Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later El Space Mariachi's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Viribus View Post
    Hah wow I use the exact same vengeance fit

Also that enyo fit gave me cancer
    Jesus fuck, they give the Enyo another Mid, and this turbonerd puts a sensor booster in it

12. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    COSMOS co-processor just so he could fit three magstabs

13. Impostor
    R/P
    Power
    Hello friends this is my first post and I joined because of this fine thread as I like to dabble in solo pvppppeing.

While being otherwise terrible I do seem to have some talent at making isk so please excuse my attempts to cover up my terribleness with ridiculously expensive ships. I do also have a major hard-on for active tanked setups.

Despite getting a couple of gfs in Syndicate I'm crossing that off my go-to list as the blobbing seems to reign there as of late. Providence hasn't been very welcoming either but I was thrilled to kill a trasher in a 4-strong gang and then warp off because their cane had no point. Please don't laugh at my usage of cloaks as they got me through numerous gate camps either by the cloak-mwd trick or playing the submarine game of trying to dodge at glacial speed the people coming in your general direction.

This is the best fight in my billion isk Phantasm, a very exciting engagement when he would scram me and orbit close that I couldn't track then I'd neut him and pull range, repeating 2 or 3 times until he died. Then I lost that ship gloriously trying to approach a talos.

I had an awesome fight a couple days ago engaging a trasher off 6VDT station in my favourite frigate. After chasing him through a couple systems I found him off station and burned towards him who engaged. I managed to not screw up and close just the right range for my overheated web to snag him yet without overshooting so he could scram me. Orbiting at 12km optimal I tore him down without getting a single hit land on me.

Then I blew up half hour later to the same guy after seeing him reported in intel and waiting at zero on a gate only to this time be ripped appart by the now arty-fit trasher. Maybe leaving my mwd on while I waited had something to do with it, I'm not sure.

I did have a string of ~elite~ frigate kills with an insta-probe-cane landing at zero on dumbasses sitting still on perches, or in safespots, and surprising the hell out of them. Protip: the second time in a 10min interval in the same system it will be bait.

That has been the best of my eve experience so far.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Peyote View Post
    Jesus fuck, they give the Enyo another Mid, and this turbonerd puts a sensor booster in it
    Even when we get nice things, it's lost on us.

I thought we got the racial bc skill to 5 if we had racial cruiser to 3? Have they changed it or have I just been misinformed from the beginning?
    I'll do anything for rep.

15. How to Build a Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later El Space Mariachi's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnizz View Post
    Even when we get nice things, it's lost on us.

I thought we got the racial bc skill to 5 if we had racial cruiser to 3? Have they changed it or have I just been misinformed from the beginning?
    Racial cruiser to 4 is all I've ever seen

rape in the highs mids and lows apparently.

edit: still this one? http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=12666794
    That's a god damn nice Vengeance fit. Totally stealing that

R/P
    Power
    why would you pimp out a fucking phantasm

17. Adjustment Team
    R/P
    Power
    That's a god damn nice Vengeance fit. Totally stealing that
    Yeah, it really seems like the only one worth flying tbh. The super tank fits just seem to have such shit DPS. If you can pull range out to the edge of scram you're golden. Tsubutai reccomended putting a ded nos on it so you can still steal cap out a 8.5 k.

My deimos got shit on last night by 15 ec-300s last night I was permajammed the whole fight. Might be time to buy another set of LG spurs.

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by spamB0t View Post
    My deimos got shit on last night by 15 ec-300s last night I was permajammed the whole fight. Might be time to buy another set of LG spurs.
    Just fitted up my first Deimos now. I've had a hard-on for this ship ever since I started to watch Prom's PvP vids. LG Spurs only take from 15 Mag to 22, which doesn't help you copious amounts against Falcons (ur still fucked), but it might keep a small number of ECM's from jamming you. Kinda sucks that the counter to ECM isn't even all that effective. :/

R/P
    Power
    CCP has confirmed you'll get Racial BC 5 as long as you have BC 5 and Racial Cruiser to IV. I'm just training other things I use more regularly than the BC skill before I commit to the 20 day train of BC V ( HAC V in queue right now, then medium gun specs to IV, etc.)
    when is the skill change getting implemented

I'm interested in this and cap ships requiring BS 4

20. Super Moderator ihaveahelmet's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by penifSMASH View Post
    cap ships requiring BS 4
    iirc this is only for dreads, not carriers

Richter_Belmont: under Article 14, section 88, paragraph 420 of the B0Tl0rd Accord, it says "you're gay LOL pwned"

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by penifSMASH View Post
    when is the skill change getting implemented
    no firm date given. they said they'd give "ample heads-up" the change was going through, so deffo not the next major patch.

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Some fucking nigger challenged me to a 1v1, his Brutix v. my Deimos. I was like, "Nigga, that's retarded," but then some dude in the Bringing Solo Back channel was like, "I'll pay you 200 mil to try the fight," so I was like, "Fuck it!" vOv

My plan was to hold him on the edge of scram/web range to make him roll through boosters if he was rep fit. But then he launched five Vespa's, and I was permajammed the whole fight.

Worst of all, he was in some shitty as fuck CVA holder training corp. Fuck fucking ECM and all niggers and fucking ECM-using niggers worst of all.

R/P
    Power
    My jimmies remain unrustled, however
    Having trouble believing that!

I've had some fun/success with a 720 arty cane, with a medium neut.

[spoiler=Artycane][Hurricane, pArty Hard]
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Tracking Enhancer II
    Tracking Enhancer II
    Damage Control II

Experimental 10MN MicroWarpdrive I
    Large F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction
    Large F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction
    Warp Disruptor II

720mm Howitzer Artillery II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M
    Medium Unstable Power Fluctuator I
    Small Unstable Power Fluctuator I

Medium Ancillary Current Router I
    Medium Ancillary Current Router I
    Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

Warrior II x5[/spoiler]

Really thin, but it'll dumpster a Vaga in 5 or 6 volleys.

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Well, I'm having a crisis. Basically, I got super excited for HAC PvP through watching Prom's vids, but I've just now realized (no, really) that there is no reason not to fly a BC, which does pretty much everything better for a fraction of the cost. :/

25. Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night Viribus's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    ECM drones are soooo balanced guys

R/P
    Power
    Where did this come from?

27. "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
    R/P
    Power
    Well, I'm having a crisis. Basically, I got super excited for HAC PvP through watching Prom's vids, but I've just now realized (no, really) that there is no reason not to fly a BC, which does pretty much everything better for a fraction of the cost. :/
    U would need links to make hacs properly work. Althou he gets nice fights, prom dies way too much because of the lack of scout or boost.

R/P
    Power
    Welcome to reality

At least with Mineral prices going crazy it became a bit more cost efficient to fly Faction/T2 Ships.

Is it still worth it to fly a Cynabal? While I enjoy the speed for the gtfo ability there don't seem to be many targets I can actually kill around. I mostly just cruise through random 0.0 space.

29. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex
    R/P
    Power
    m8m8m8, but nothing beats BRAWLING stuff down with 800mm plate and medium Nos!
    Problem is that the only other cruiser you'll encounter is the Cynabal, and literally everyone rolls EC-600, so gfgfgfgf
    I guess one of the reasons Prom does what he does is - passive armor fits are not feasible for actual solo roaming. So if you want to do anything that isnt the fotm shield-nano you p much only have Brutix/Myrmidon left in BC-size ships. Both of which are
    a) too slow. <1000m/s w/ shitty agility means you'll die in a lot of situations where you would easily GTFO (and maybe score some opportunity kills) in a plated HAC.
    b) reliant on cap boosters.
    Myrm also really needs good drone skills (t2 Heavies, Drone interfacing V)

I honestly think that the Prommos is awesome and probably the only armor-tanked HAC worth soloing in. Its fast-ish, has amazing cap, very good dps + godmode vs Drakes.

I tried the plate/nos Sacrilege. It looks nice in Pyfa (except being slow and fat), but main reason was - i once bought one for our roaming setup of dualprop damp Sacrileges w/ Oneiros support. Crucible (and Tier 3 BCs) came, guy who theorycrafted/took out that setup left for LoL, Sacrilege still in hangar.

Only got one engagement worth noting before popping (because lol plated Sac in primetime Curse). And in that i was feeling very uncomfortable. Basically i got tackled off gate by 2 Crows and a Keres and spent like 3 minutes trying to shake/tackle them, waiting to get raped by their backup.
    Fortunately they were bads and backup didnt arrive, so
    http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=12851777

30. Impostor
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by anzoxe View Post
    because pretty much any ship will engage me not knowing it can tank 700dps w/ blue pill meanwhile they get chopped into bits

wolf in sheep's clothing or something like that

also I had too much isk that i didn't know what to do with, solved that problem.

31. King Dong
    R/P
    Power
    Why wouldn't you pimp out a Phantasm?

32. The Theory and Practice of Time Travel Kitty Vintner's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Worst of all, he was in some shitty as fuck CVA holder training corp. Fuck fucking ECM and all niggers and fucking ECM-using niggers worst of all.
    Ugh I know exactly what you mean I was camping drag bubbles in my nanocane the other night and this rapier decloaks so I engage. He gets webs on me and starts to burn to the edge of point range but I overheat and start brawling him down when his falcon alt jumps through the gate and gets a lucky fucking jam off at 110km away. The second jam misses and a bro of mine who was in the area starts to burn at the falcon but the falcon burns away from him and of course jams him as soon as he's outside of falloff. So I tell my buddy to warp off and hope I can get another free cycle to finish off this rapier when a blaster hyperion lands 30km away and then there was nothing left but the gfs.

https://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/647348

33. Adjustment Team
    R/P
    Power
    I like how you told this story from the non- faggot perspective.

34. The Theory and Practice of Time Travel Kitty Vintner's Avatar
    R/P
    Power

R/P
    Power
    Two weeks until my falcon alt can actually fly a Falcon.

Looking forward to demonstrate why ecm sucks to everyone I can find

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Matos View Post
    Two weeks until my falcon alt can actually fly a Falcon.

Looking forward to demonstrate why ecm sucks to everyone I can find
    ur cancer m8er

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Just lost my Taranis to a Helios.

R/P
    Power
    that exact fight has happened to me before

moral of the story is, don't fight in amamake.

39. The Theory and Practice of Time Travel Kitty Vintner's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    You legit shouldn't feel bad, the battle helios is amazing.

http://badops.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=9726

R/P
    Power
    oh yeah, someone asked me for my tempest fit:

[spoiler=tempest fit][Tempest, Sailboat (solo)]
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Nanofiber Internal Structure II
    Tracking Enhancer II
    Tracking Enhancer II
    Damage Control II

Prototype 100MN MicroWarpdrive I
    Large Shield Extender II
    Heavy Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 800
    Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
    Warp Disruptor II

800mm Repeating Artillery II, Republic Fleet EMP L
    Heavy Unstable Power Fluctuator I

Large Core Defense Field Extender I

Valkyrie II x5
    Warrior II x5[/spoiler]

i sometimes take a 3rd gyro over the nano, helps with dunking BCs faster before their backup can arrive and i can't think of the last time i actually lost a kiting contest to a BC or HAC (because of double hvy neuts). i used to use ecm drones, but they literally never worked for me, ever. dont get confused by the "nano" part, because the best way to use it is to get as close as your tracking allows, overload guns and just rape their eyeballs out of their sockets. then once it's time to bail, just overload MWD and neuts and spam warp while neuting all the points/webs off you.

edit: also shit might be obsolete now that the talos is out and about.

R/P
    Power
    oh yeah, someone asked me for my tempest fit:

[spoiler=tempest fit][Tempest, Sailboat (solo)]
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Nanofiber Internal Structure II
    Tracking Enhancer II
    Tracking Enhancer II
    Damage Control II

Prototype 100MN MicroWarpdrive I
    Large Shield Extender II
    Heavy Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 800
    Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
    Warp Disruptor II

Valkyrie II x5
    Warrior II x5[/spoiler]

i sometimes take a 3rd gyro over the nano, helps with dunking BCs faster before their backup can arrive and i can't think of the last time i actually lost a kiting contest to a BC or HAC (because of double hvy neuts). i used to use ecm drones, but they literally never worked for me, ever. dont get confused by the "nano" part, because the best way to use it is to get as close as your tracking allows, overload guns and just rape their eyeballs out of their sockets. then once it's time to bail, just overload MWD and neuts and spam warp while neuting all the points/webs off you.

edit: also shit might be obsolete now that the talos is out and about.
    Doesn't any inty pretty much fuck you over? Was my problem when I tried out a nanophoon.

R/P
    Power
    if they're fit for it, w/ sigamps or sebo to extend their lockrange and well flown, they can hold you. better hope you have drone navigation trained up and warriors on-hand. the good thing is that they can't scram you from outside of neut range, even with links, [s]unless they are rocking a faction scram[/s] even with a faction scram.

R/P
    Power
    if they're fit for it, w/ sigamps or sebo to extend their lockrange and well flown, they can hold you. better hope you have drone navigation trained up and warriors on-hand. the good thing is that they can't scram you from outside of neut range, even with links, [s]unless they are rocking a faction scram[/s] even with a faction scram.
    A point is bad enough if they have friends :s

With my phoon a stiletto had me pointed his gang camped the gate I came through and a curse was sealing the deal once he managed to get a warpin.
    Stiletto gets 31k lock and 30k Point range why would they would need Sebos/Sig amps for that? (I know other fleet ceptors suck more though).

Guess I just ran into one of the worst matchups possible there though (And my drone skills arn't that great so he was killing my drones faster then they were killing him )

44. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex
    R/P
    Power
    Any ceptor pilot worth a shit knows that lock range rig is mandatory, and that t2 point overloads to 36k before bonuses. Thats on paper.
    In practice though, even on a stationary target, it actually takes some piloting to settle into orbit outside of 25k but inside of point range while shooting warriors.
    I used to have a huge boner for the shield Pest, but then i realized that its basically a slow, expensive Cane w/ extra neutage power, and a lot less engageable.
    I tried Kovorix's dualrep fit

Can actually tank stuff + has all the needed utility.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post
    In practice though, even on a stationary target, it actually takes some piloting to settle into orbit outside of 25k but inside of point range
    Set orbit to 25k and hit Button? With a heated point he can overshoot by 10k and still hold point, can always adjust from there.

Could be that I'm missing something essential though.

46. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    If you're going 5k/sec and you're burning straight out from the enemy (the way ships tend to do when they're getting into an orbit path) it's pretty easy to overshoot 10k and end up losing your point.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilmar Keller View Post
    If you're going 5k/sec and you're burning straight out from the enemy (the way ships tend to do when they're getting into an orbit path) it's pretty easy to overshoot 10k and end up losing your point.
    if you're in a fast ship tackling something that can oneshot you(nado, oracle) you should just settle into the orbit and if you want to increase it you can just change the orbit distance by ~500m every few seconds.

48. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    if you're in a fast ship tackling something that can oneshot you(nado, oracle) you should just settle into the orbit and if you want to increase it you can just change the orbit distance by ~500m every few seconds.
    Good point. Also, I usually orbit 20km because I don't mind getting pointed and I won't overshoot my point range unless something retarded happens.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilmar Keller View Post
    Good point. Also, I usually orbit 20km because I don't mind getting pointed and I won't overshoot my point range unless something retarded happens.
    that's fine unless they have heavy neuts

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post
    I used to have a huge boner for the shield Pest, but then i realized that its basically a slow, expensive Cane w/ extra neutage power, and a lot less engageable.
    I tried Kovorix's dualrep fit
    Can actually tank stuff + has all the needed utility.
    i gave kovopest a shot too, didn't like the DPS.