CEX.io
Page 52 of 91 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,600 of 4529

Ye Olde Providence Thread - I put on my chains and slave collar

1. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    How active is Provi during USTZ? Are any of the residents primarily US?
    I would assume it is still more EU based, but I could be wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsan View Post
    I learned that if you just head for PI5, you should get the usual blob chasing you - running around in that pocket.
    It is the pocket with the best systems afterall, so I guess they get pretty busy chasing people out when ratting is halted.

By all means, invite me on roams if anyone is ever going and looking for a wing man :P
    Thanks for the offer but I think I'm more likely to be shooting at you (and dying like the scrub I am) than flying with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stronke View Post
    I know the pocket I live in gets a bit quiet after 6PM EST. East Provi seems to have more people online at night, though.

If I'd known RP wasn't an actual hard requirement I would have apped years ago. LOL

3. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    That is because people don't get CVA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee? Byrr's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Aokisensei View Post
    Also, kinda also Provi related I guess, does anyone know what's been happening in northern Catch? Seems to be some border skirmishes between some of the -A- pets and the Provi holders. I remember a long time ago that -A- supposedly 'gifted' the BR/ERVK/IS/7MD/S25 constellation to CVA, is that still theirs?
    I live a bit further down in Catch, but as far as I know it's just skirmishing and roaming. There's no desire to dislodge CVA from their space or engage in any serious SOV or POS warfare.

5. This is harsh. Evaluate me
    R/P
    Power
    Also, VOLT seems to have taken ZQ- from The Kadeshi. Any idea if any of that was -A- sanctioned or just the Provi holders getting a little ambitious and having a slapfight with the north Catch pets?
    Sanctioned.

(And I
    hope nobody in Provi is serious about trying to SBU HED...)
    Nah, raiding the gatecamps there is way more fun

6. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?
    R/P
    Power
    You're not. There's activity during UStz, but Provi has always been a very Euro-strong group of folks. It's depressing sometimes to be unable to come up with enough pilots with the right ships to counter even a 10 man gang sometimes but it is what it is. Those of us in the UStz who like to pvp tend to find something to get into. Or something finds us.

7. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Garreck View Post
    Those of us in the UStz who like to pvp tend to find something to get into. Or something finds us.
    Probably a hell of a lot more of the latter than the former amirite?

8. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilmar Keller View Post
    Probably a hell of a lot more of the latter than the former amirite?
    Depends on how far outside our intel bubble we go haha. Catch is where the really interesting stuff can happen. In Providence, pvp opportunities are very binary: either you're racing every other schmuck with delusions of competence to a gank, or everybody's avoiding a hostile fleet that's too much to handle. PvP groups in Provi can be a bit cliquey outside of strategic ops (which are few and far between anyway) so there's not a lot of direct cooperation between groups beyond chasing a badguy fleet into a waiting friendly fleet.

9. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Garreck View Post
    It's depressing sometimes to be unable to come up with enough pilots with the right ships to counter even a 10 man gang sometimes but it is what it is.
    Ring me up when I'm online and you may have my sword. Maybe if Volt sees me flying in CVA fleets they'll stop killing me.

Seriously, is there any way for a nobody corp to get access to fleets? Have you tried the guys from the fourth? There're usually several of us who independently go after reds who drop in. We all just operate independently of each other. LOL

10. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Manfred Hideous View Post
    Seriously, is there any way for a nobody corp to get access to fleets? Have you tried the guys from the fourth? There're usually several of us who independently go after reds who drop in. We all just operate independently of each other. LOL
    Got access to the citadel yet? Think that is the most crucial thing to have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

11. Monalisa Overdrive Phineas Freak's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    he does

12. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Phineas Freak View Post
    he does
    Confirming I have cit access and I am active in reporting.

I think P-fleet would be a good start, though it's likely my main (at the least) will be in CVA in the next few weeks anyway.

13. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Wildside's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    provi citizens are prob the cutest people in eve. atleast I got a lot of fun over there..... atleast as long as I dont drift of jump range misaba gate in r3><
    ------------------------------------
    "God created the world in seven days, in a smaller, but no less impressive gesture, I destroyed HTA in 5"
    Grath

Mr Blue / Twisted girl /Stripperella - SNIGG - PL

14. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Confirming I have cit access and I am active in reporting.

I think P-fleet would be a good start, though it's likely my main (at the least) will be in CVA in the next few weeks anyway.
    Are the others that are shooting you not in the Citadel then or is being in the Citadel no longer a save pass trough all of the holders space?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

15. Monalisa Overdrive Phineas Freak's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Are the others that are shooting you not in the Citadel then or is being in the Citadel no longer a save pass trough all of the holders space?
    lol was it ever?
    no one to blame here, it's just that the many different entities patrolling providence do not necessarily follow the same ROE all the time :P
    much like ROL in HED shooting other -A- allies because of to set mutual standings and vice versa..

16. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    he does
    How does the multiple channels for Providence work out? I would assume it would only be used for their own use and that of their +5 and +10's?

The same with the voice chat programs, wouldn't having to join so many different channels and servers be confusing for the new player not to mention the effort
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

17. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    lol was it ever?
    Before the great apocalypse that was the -A- invasion, It was.

also,

e; I guess NRDS is no longer enforced and is more like the old IAC system. NRDS till the first sign of a threat appears and then switch to NBSI lock down mode?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

18. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    lol was it ever?
    no one to blame here, it's just that the many different entities patrolling providence do not necessarily follow the same ROE all the time :P
    much like ROL in HED shooting other -A- allies because of to set mutual standings and vice versa..
    Pretty much this. I was in local warping to safes trying to bait a red in my omen and the locals called me suspicious. They couldn't believe I'd try to solo a tier3 BC in an Omen. because you know how expensive that cruiser is.

No big deal. I was just being a smart ass earlier.

It's been pretty good for the most part. Only VOLT has shot at me, though SNF guys were getting twitchy when they saw me setting up gate safes (and the one who convoed me didn't seem to understand their use). I'd suggest a bit of training is needed for some of the newer holders.

19. Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night Teh Ashen's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    It's NRDS until locals (a.k.a. sev3rance) put you KOS because...
    a. they think your ratting loki is running ganglinks for Outbreak who are camping the next system over.
    b. find a km of you shooting one of their cyno alts in lowsec, which by the way ISN'T providence and ISN'T NRDS.
    c. your corp mate wanders in there to rat, he's an ex-sev3rance member, talks to -7- on teamspeak while he's ratting, and meanwhile they set up a gatecamp from him with the excuse of "oh some CVA pet just set you KOS in the last half hour, sorry m8."

NRDS is a pile of shit, the fact that any mouthbreather can get pissy and put you on their KOS list "'cause we're suspicious" makes it impossible to maintain any real standards of who gets set KOS.

Also, I love how -7- keeps sending BC gangs to try and catch my assault frigate.

20. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    I think things will become more settled in time. It's still early on in Deliverance v2.0

21. Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night Teh Ashen's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I think things will become more settled in time. It's still early on in Deliverance v2.0
    Their KOS procedures are way too tempermental. 3000 pilots can get you set KOS for whatever reason, but only 3 or so people can get you off. Talk to pilot to make sure he isnt butthurt anymore, talk to his corp diplo to get standings set, and talk to CVA diplo to get off the KOS list. And each person has to verify the other guys are happy. I cant make 3000 tempermental roleplayes (amarr victor) happy. Especially when there wasnt any pvp involved.

EDIT: It's like having 3000 diplos to set people red, and the 10 people to clean up the mess those 3000 people make.

22. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Fucking 0utbrake is still around?

Awesome
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

23. Becalmed in Hell Aokisensei's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I got marked as KOS because I unsuccessfully attempted to kill a random Omen or something. I think I died in the process. I forgot what I was flying but it was comical either way.

24. What Good Is a Glass Dagger? Adri's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I don't get all the tears about KOS

if you're in CVA coalition you shoot reds

if you're not in CVA coalition, shoot everybody, expect to get shot at when you roam through Provi

or don't go there

it's simple, really
    This post happily existed in all possible states before you observed it. Now it has collapsed into a single state.

I hope you're satisfied, fuckwad

25. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh Ashen View Post
    Their KOS procedures are way too tempermental. 3000 pilots can get you set KOS for whatever reason, but only 3 or so people can get you off. Talk to pilot to make sure he isnt butthurt anymore, talk to his corp diplo to get standings set, and talk to CVA diplo to get off the KOS list. And each person has to verify the other guys are happy. I cant make 3000 tempermental roleplayes (amarr victor) happy. Especially when there wasnt any pvp involved.

EDIT: It's like having 3000 diplos to set people red, and the 10 people to clean up the mess those 3000 people make.
    I haven't made a KOS request in ages but before the -A- invasion, if you were killed by a neut, you had to contact said neut's leaders and ask for a repayment of your loss. If that was handled and the pilot said mea culpa, then all was well and CVA wouldn't have to set KOS.

I suspect it's a lot more arbitrary today but I think there's still a lot of organization to do before it's back to how it was (if that's even the current plan).

26. Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night Teh Ashen's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Adri View Post
    I don't get all the tears about KOSif you're in CVA coalition you shoot redsif you're not in CVA coalition, shoot everybody, expect to get shot at when you roam through Provior don't go thereit's simple, really
    I know this might sound ironic, but there are reasons to go to Provi other than pvp. Sec rating, PI and even a few half decent DEDs. In every other region in space, I know who will shoot me and who won't. And I know who i can shoot as well. but with NRDS, some faggot might be having a bad day and want to pad his killboard, and blap, there goes my T3. NRDS is a bullshit feel good policy, but it doesnt work with people who have the maturity and integrity of middle schoolers. it's simple, really

27. How to Build a Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later El Space Mariachi's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    The UK has a penchant for fostering strange wizard hatters

28. Impostor
    R/P
    Power
    he does
    Just a quick note to clarify you phineas. Apart of citadel supernova doesn't use another intell channel in the area.

29. Impostor
    R/P
    Power
    I haven't made a KOS request in ages but before the -A- invasion, if you were killed by a neut, you had to contact said neut's leaders and ask for a repayment of your loss. If that was handled and the pilot said mea culpa, then all was well and CVA wouldn't have to set KOS.

I suspect it's a lot more arbitrary today but I think there's still a lot of organization to do before it's back to how it was (if that's even the current plan).
    still work like that, basically it's no arbitrary whatsoever, so no need to re-organize what is already organized.

R/P
    Power
    I know this might sound ironic, but there are reasons to go to Provi other than pvp. Sec rating, PI and even a few half decent DEDs. In every other region in space, I know who will shoot me and who won't. And I know who i can shoot as well. but with NRDS, some faggot might be having a bad day and want to pad his killboard, and blap, there goes my T3. NRDS is a bullshit feel good policy, but it doesnt work with people who have the maturity and integrity of middle schoolers. it's simple, really
    NRDS works for us, not you. More reds mean more things to kill for us, if you happen to be one of the folks that get killed then tough tits, you got killed. If you really want to be able to rat with impunity join TSOE, they're good guys and masters of the 2V pocket

Or you could just take your issues to someone in charge and you might be reimbursed, chances are someone got in trouble for shooting you when you were neutral.

31. Go fuck yourself Frodo!
    R/P
    Power
    CVAs NRDS works fine and is something unique in EVE. While mistakes are made they try their best to accomodate every snowflake in this game, hostile or friendly. Ive read diplo chatlogs from earlier days, and the amount of manhours their diplos have to endure to make Deliverance work is staggering. Its understandable that they wont catch every shithead move done by other holders or citadellers, but once made aware they have always tried to fix it.

Back in my CVA days i did 1 diplo chat and it was so aggrevating to listen to the unsufferable whining that i wanted to set
    them instantly kos.

The rest of eve is nbsi, so its kinda nice to have this teletubbies gamespreserve/Zoo where there are people to an increasingly degree in every system ratting away in their carrier/rattlesnake etc etc.
    There are some good pvpers there and the rest with alot of goodwill, only outshined by their failure to follow thru.

Wildside said it best; they are cute.

32. Becalmed in Hell Aokisensei's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    So, nobody really clarified, is VOLT operating NRDS now or what? Sounds like in general northern Provi people seem more apt to shoot first and ask questions later.

(also, er, who can I whine to to get un-KOS'd?)

33. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Aokisensei View Post
    So, nobody really clarified, is VOLT operating NRDS now or what? Sounds like in general northern Provi people seem more apt to shoot first and ask questions later.

(also, er, who can I whine to to get un-KOS'd?)
    Well, they did give me isk for my loss tonight after a brief mail exchange. He had some questions about what I was doing, I explained and it's all good. They seem to be NRDS, even if they're quick on the draw. They were certainly enthusiastic.

34. Adjustment Team
    R/P
    Power
    It's NRDS until locals (a.k.a. sev3rance) put you KOS because...
    a. they think your ratting loki is running ganglinks for Outbreak who are camping the next system over.
    b. find a km of you shooting one of their cyno alts in lowsec, which by the way ISN'T providence and ISN'T NRDS.
    c. your corp mate wanders in there to rat, he's an ex-sev3rance member, talks to -7- on teamspeak while he's ratting, and meanwhile they set up a gatecamp from him with the excuse of "oh some CVA pet just set you KOS in the last half hour, sorry m8."

NRDS is a pile of shit, the fact that any mouthbreather can get pissy and put you on their KOS list "'cause we're suspicious" makes it impossible to maintain any real standards of who gets set KOS.

Also, I love how -7- keeps sending BC gangs to try and catch my assault frigate.
    You never fly in your assault frigate, you're always ganking haulers with a cloaky sabre. Your tears are delicious, please send more.

35. Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night Teh Ashen's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Booyeah View Post
    You never fly in your assault frigate, you're always ganking haulers with a cloaky sabre. Your tears are delicious, please send more.
    Aww, now I feel noticed and appreciated, thanks.

36. Adjustment Team
    R/P
    Power
    Aww, now I feel noticed and appreciated, thanks.
    I would have thought you'd feel appreciated when you lost 2 sabres to bait haulers.

37. Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night Teh Ashen's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Booyeah View Post
    I would have thought you'd feel appreciated when you lost 2 sabres to bait haulers.
    No, just used like a cheap date. But I learned my lesson!

EDIT: lesson: always bring more falcons.

38. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Rovern Hashu's Avatar
    Arton II - CreoDron Factory, Arton, Domain
    R/P
    Power
    Several clarifications . . .

3000 random pets can NOT set you KOS, they make requests but the only people who make the actual decision are the same people you have to talk to get off the list. There is often a time delay so it can cause some tricky situations but generally intent is pretty obvious and FCs are given the right to request people vacate gates for combat fleets if there is reason to be suspicious of alt spying for kos people. After several warnings they are generally allowed to shoot if neutrals don't vacate.

You can be added to the KOS list for ANY hostile act in Providence AND the Amarrian empire (Low-Sec and Hi-Sec) AND technically, wormholes. So yes killing a cyno-alt in low-sec is a KOSable offense unless the alt cynos in an already KOS capital. You can also get set KOS for scamming and loot stealing and all around being an arse but that is generally a judgement call by KOS admins. (I've personally made KOS requests on people for badmouthing CVA in milita chat for example). To be honest we've gotten a lot more lenient on the inflamatory rules and generally not kos'd people for trash talking unless its gotten really bad.

VOLT have been having some internal issues with trigger happy people, Manfred your not the only one having problems and if it continues we may have to step in diplomatically. Also P-Fleet would be the next step for finding fleets, need to talk to Marcus Griffin for access but if your joining CVA than might as well just wait a bit.

39. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    Thanks Rovern. When all was said and done, I was very satisfied with the diplomatic outcome. I'm sorry to hear they've got internal issues but if they decide to leave... Call me and I'll placehold systems for you.

40. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Wildside's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    so what can I do to get my kos status removed? Im not paying anyone isk.......
    ------------------------------------
    "God created the world in seven days, in a smaller, but no less impressive gesture, I destroyed HTA in 5"
    Grath

Mr Blue / Twisted girl /Stripperella - SNIGG - PL

41. Monalisa Overdrive Phineas Freak's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Usuall you need to talk to a main cva diplo (cva-diplo channel), offer to reimburse past killmails to all allies, redeem yourself over all... etc pp. http://kos.cva-eve.org is the place to go to to see whether you are KOS or not in the first place (search for you alliance first, then corp, then character to make sure)

well i guess you knew all that, why did you ask?

42. The Indefatigable Frog MerOne's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildside View Post
    so what can I do to get my kos status removed? Im not paying anyone isk.......
    wait aren't you the dude that perma camp with 6 toons?

43. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MerOne View Post
    wait aren't you the dude that perma camp with 6 toons?
    You really made an account for that question?

Oh, and hi providence people.

44. The church of Batman the redeemer needs you Elise Randolph's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Usuall you need to talk to a main cva diplo (cva-diplo channel), offer to reimburse past killmails to all allies, redeem yourself over all... etc pp. http://kos.cva-eve.org is the place to go to to see whether you are KOS or not in the first place (search for you alliance first, then corp, then character to make sure)

well i guess you knew all that, why did you ask?
    I don't mean to burst your bubble, but nobody knows the process to get terrible roleplayers to like you in game. Nobody cares, either.
    True, I have raped history, but it has produced some beautiful offspring

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Elise Randolph View Post
    I don't mean to burst your bubble, but nobody knows the process to get terrible roleplayers to like you in game. Nobody cares, either.
    Well, I for one thought that was very mean of you

46. Piper in the Woods
    R/P
    Power
    You care enough to reply to it.

47. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?
    R/P
    Power
    What about good roleplayers?

48. "It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane"
    R/P
    Power
    They're off playing some other game, presumably

49. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?
    R/P
    Power
    Bazinga.

50. Monalisa Overdrive Phineas Freak's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Elise Randolph
    The morning star coming my way tells me they don't like their own people very much either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agathor View Post
    Well, I for one thought that was very mean of you
    Nah, he hath speaketh the thuth. Please explain this concept of "liking" to me, i did not quite hear it with all that chainmail rustling in the background. If it does not get me a free supercap, then faking it is certainly not worth the effort.

Anyway - enjoy the universe anyway you prefer. i'm out for a while until june (will log in only to flame in ally chat and troll german mining corporations). May the quality posting climb to new heights in my absence.