Page 41 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,050 of 4536

Ye Olde Providence Thread - I put on my chains and slave collar

1. Pre-Person
    R/P
    Power
    And to the one that just gave me -4 reputation with this comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    Wow... YOu're honestly delusional enough to think that the NRDS-path is the "right one"
    Well, what do you suggest? just kill em all? (NBSI) Im not delusional, you are, and it's seriously obvious.

2. Monalisa Overdrive Phineas Freak's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    telling them what to do is exactly what works best. i doubt they will be welcome back soon (or will want to "come back" anyway), both sides have little trust left towards each other and actually enjoy the current possibility to exchange flame and fire on field and forums.
    edit: youre getting negrepped both by the nrds- provibloc and the opposition, nice work (for a first post)
    edit. snipe, booyah. i feel like 17 again!
    Timeo apis et mellum ferentes.

R/P
    Power
    Construct a reasonable argument about why failure to control your space tightly or even want to makes you stronger and we can talk.

4. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Yishai View Post
    And to the one that just gave me -4 reputation with this comment: Well, what do you suggest? just kill em all
    (NBSI) Im not delusional, you are, and it's seriously obvious.
    I suggest that you keep your self-righteous attitude, especially when proclaiming NRDS to be - what exactly - "morally" superiour to NBSI, as this will net you a lot more negreps on this particular forum. Both are rules of engagements, both are valid game play styles.
    We of course could escalate this, arguing about the pros and cons of either RoE and their respective success. Because, surely with the "major part of the EVE community [following] their NBSI stupidity" you've already stated how much of a blockbuster the NRDS RoE is.

Besides, (rightfully) calling Aura spineless just to end your post with a lame attempt of making him (her?) rather bend over for you than for Abo is just a bit hypocritical.

TL;DR: You're a selfrighteous faggot.
    Monkeys killing monkeys killing monkeys over places of the ground.
    Silly monkeys, give them thumbs, they make a club and beat their brothers down.

The universe is hostile, so impersonal: Devour to survive - So it is, so it's always been!

5. Pre-Person
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaclypse View Post
    I suggest that you keep your self-righteous attitude, especially when proclaiming NRDS to be - what exactly - "morally" superiour to NBSI, as this will net you a lot more negreps on this particular forum. Both are rules of engagements, both are valid game play styles.
    We of course could escalate this, arguing about the pros and cons of either RoE and their respective success. Because, surely with the "major part of the EVE community [following] their NBSI stupidity" you've already stated how much of a blockbuster the NRDS RoE is.

Besides, (rightfully) calling Aura spineless just to end your post with a lame attempt of making him (her?) rather bend over for you than for Abo is just a bit hypocritical.

TL;DR: You're a selfrighteous faggot.
    Well, Phineas, as we all know, historically, speaking the truth never was a very popular job, can get you killed even. Sometimes sacrifices has to be made for the greater good. Sacrifices such as my rep status for example ^^ Small price to pay to be able to sleep at night, you know.

NBSI is not valid in the sense that it's a good and just playstyle. The only way it is valid is that it is possible to execute. But as we all know, just because something is possible, doesn't make it right and valid. NRDS vs NBSI, it's always been about good vs evil, right vs wrong.

I'm not telling Aura to bend over for me, I'm just telling Aura to stop bending over for anyone and ridicule herself in front of everyone, coz it's truly a sad and disgraceful sight.

Anyway, how can any form of respect be shown to someone as yourself Malaclypse, idiots who retort to using words such as "faggot" as a personal attack. Dont you know that being homosexual is not a choise, and thus cannot be connected to any kind of moral conviction, and thus using it as a word of attack is like accusing someone of being a "nigger" or "big-eared"? Seriously, the more I think about it, how stupid and impossible can one become? I think you've just spent a bit too much time in the trash-talk-NBSI-mudpit. Maybe you need a break. Go out, take a fresh breather. Learn to meditate.

TL;DR: NRDS is for the few in the EVE community that has a brain.

6. We're Only in It for the Money UnknownPoster's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Well, what do you suggest? just kill em all?
    Actually, yes.

R/P
    Power
    Stuff.
    I regularly shoot/ unfairly gank people that turn up on my overview that probably didn't want to lose a ship that day just because they're in some kos list, that particular pilot might have much greater moral integrity than myself even if they were NBSI. I'm definitely not morally superior because I'm NRDS, in some instances you could legitimately claim the opposite.

I just like shooting people and I happen to have found lots of opportunities to do that with Provibloc (also I like the people).

8. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?
    R/P
    Power
    What the Christ...moral superiority of NRDS? That's nonsense. It's a chosen playstyle. It's no more morally superior than chosing cookies and cream over mint chocolate chip.

9. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    NBSI is better

no!

NRDS is better

It's all shit, your all shit.

Use the RoE that you enjoy the best, as a carebear I prefer NRDS because I don't feel the need to be a spacethug pretending I'm all hardcore on the internet. I get plenty of hostiles to shoot at while being NRDS and I do not have to hide behind NIPs and NAPs. At least I can come out openly and say "I'M A CAREBEAR WHO LIKES HAVING FRIENDS"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

10. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    ~words~
    Is your conscience seriously affected by shooting people in a pvp game? When you play chess, do you weep for every pawn you had to sacrifice? I guess you probably don't even play chess because of the possibility of you sending plastic/wood/metal pawns into their deaths, eh.

Ey, if Jim is right and you are trolling, then well done. Otherwise, I'll reaffirm my previous statement; you are a dumb faggot - which has nothing to do with your sexual orientation but it means that you're as smart as pork meat cut-offs and offal.

The universe is hostile, so impersonal: Devour to survive - So it is, so it's always been!

11. This is harsh. Evaluate me
    R/P
    Power
    Yishai has to be trolling. While NRDS is a superior model for getting newer players out into null-sec, to go so far as to say anyone who is NBSI is a bad person is lol-worthy. Knock it off, you're being beyond dramatic. And if you're attempting satire, you're not good at it as I haven't met one NRDS pilot who thinks the way you do.

12. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Is your conscience seriously affected by shooting people in a pvp game? When you play chess, do you weep for every pawn you had to sacrifice? I guess you probably don't even play chess because of the possibiliy of you sending plastic/wood/metal pawns into their deaths, eh.
    Comparing EvE to chess? Well done friend
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

13. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Mr Coloredshirt's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Well, Phineas, as we all know, historically, speaking the truth never was a very popular job, can get you killed even. Sometimes sacrifices has to be made for the greater good. Sacrifices such as my rep status for example ^^ Small price to pay to be able to sleep at night, you know.

NBSI is not valid in the sense that it's a good and just playstyle. The only way it is valid is that it is possible to execute. But as we all know, just because something is possible, doesn't make it right and valid. NRDS vs NBSI, it's always been about good vs evil, right vs wrong.

I'm not telling Aura to bend over for me, I'm just telling Aura to stop bending over for anyone and ridicule herself in front of everyone, coz it's truly a sad and disgraceful sight.

Anyway, how can any form of respect be shown to someone as yourself Malaclypse, idiots who retort to using words such as "faggot" as a personal attack. Dont you know that being homosexual is not a choise, and thus cannot be connected to any kind of moral conviction, and thus using it as a word of attack is like accusing someone of being a "nigger" or "big-eared"? Seriously, the more I think about it, how stupid and impossible can one become? I think you've just spent a bit too much time in the trash-talk-NBSI-mudpit. Maybe you need a break. Go out, take a fresh breather. Learn to meditate.

no one gives a shit about your rp faggotry go away

14. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stronke View Post
    Comparing EvE to chess? Well done friend
    You usually play it against other human beings, you're using tokens - being it chess figures or pixel ships - to play it, and in the course of the game try to eliminate your adversaries tokens.
    It works well enough.

I know your provi-fanboi heart still bleeds since -A- crushed your RP-land. It's no excuse for being dumb. ))

15. Expendable
    R/P
    Power
    I tried respecting you, but honestly you were nothing but pain from day 1 in Providence, failing to show the proper respect due to some who have been here trying to do the right thing for years.

And for what is worse I see now that you are nothing but spineless pirate lapdogs, who rather try to stay friends with PL than the NRDS bloc.

Was expecting more from a woman tbh, maybe a bit of that care that is so rare in EVE. But hey, nothing beats wanting to play with the big pirate bad-boys, eh?

And now that fake aborigine Grogoth is playing you, making you look like an idiot, you sucking up to him in front of the entire EVE community.

Well, I guess it's not too late. 2 choises; Come back to NRDS, or continue down the path of fools you seem to be on, joining the major part of the EVE community in their NBSI stupidity and trash talking hell.

I hope for your sake you wake up.
    Aura might have messed up there by publically smacking then attempting to set it right and being mocked, but you made yourself look more of the fool with this steaming turd of a post, which you appear to have registered specifically to make.

Self righteousness brings out the worst levels of stupidity and "trash talking", as you so aptly demonstrate. And you think other people are deluded?

I hope the next woman you encounter ingame meets your expectations, you fucking moron.

If this is an example of the attitude of NRDS Provi residents, burn it to the ground.

16. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    It's not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

R/P
    Power
    Anyway, how can any form of respect be shown to someone as yourself Malaclypse, idiots who retort to using words such as "faggot" as a personal attack. Dont you know that being homosexual is not a choise, and thus cannot be connected to any kind of moral conviction, and thus using it as a word of attack is like accusing someone of being a "nigger" or "big-eared"?
    He's not calling you a homosexual faggot, just a (self righteous) faggot.

18. Becalmed in Hell ReallyMatter's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Holy be Jesus this thread.

Nuke it, it is the only way to be sure and ban the faglords who posted all this shit here.

I am handing out neg reps like a boss.

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    I am posting to express confusion about why we have NRDS superiority tards and to remove those ads.

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    If you criticize another for shit posting in a shit post does that mean you have no basis to judge or the best basis to judge?

Support Good Posting & Healthy Moderation! Send "Walter Stine" ISK in game.

R/P
    Power
    This thread is amazing, and I love every poorly spelled word of it.

22. Pre-Person
    R/P
    Power

23. Adjustment Team
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    No more enjoying words, eh?

We have here a rather good roleplayer. Registering a new account to roleplay the mightiest of all faggots sure went well. All that disbelief, boiling blood and negrep frenzy. Heh.

24. We're Only in It for the Money UnknownPoster's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Teak View Post
    While NRDS is a superior model for getting newer players out into null-sec
    Nothing better to attract new players like lots of rules.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    Translation: "Goooood, let the hate flow through you!" "Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design."

That's what you get for shooting ihubs.

26. God damn these electric sex pants Marivauder's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UnknownPoster View Post

Nothing better to attract new players like 6 months of waiting until its a good game.. to an extent

27. This is harsh. Evaluate me
    R/P
    Power
    that must be why yulai guard is there
    flies shit fit corp lach's

28. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Bill Schwartzski's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I suggest you apply your morals to something that isn't a virtualized internet space game designed around fucking with people? Or would that be too valid?

edit: I never understood NRDS anyways as it seems like an overly complicated set of standards that introduces more diplomacy drama. NBSI is easy to learn and you don't have to second guess yourself. And it's EVIL, and since I'm evil, I would use NBSI.

29. We're Only in It for the Money UnknownPoster's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Kai gais, we all have to start being NRDS fags cuz NBSI is for the devil mmkayyyy

30. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Schwartzski View Post
    edit: I never understood NRDS anyways as it seems like an overly complicated set of standards that introduces more diplomacy drama.
    Have you ever tried it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

31. The Empire never ended Grogoth's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    And now that fake aborigine Grogoth is playing you, making you look like an idiot, you sucking up to him in front of the entire EVE community
    Fake aborigine? What does that make you, a fake heterosexual?

You bet your ass I ridiculed her, much the same as I ridicule waffles that seem to think they are important in this internet space MMO that is so important to us all. If she actually realises that she was being a fuckwit, and wants to ~redeem herself~ well then shit, I still hate her less than all these NRDS dick eaters in provi...

Dont you know that being homosexual is not a choise, and thus cannot be connected to any kind of moral conviction, and thus using it as a word of attack is like accusing someone of being a "nigger" or "big-eared"?
    W0t? Look, when you go out on a Friday night, you meat a nice guy and take him to the toilets to suck his dick - that is you making choices which make you a faggot. And since fucking when is nigger not an excellent attack??? I mean fuck, I didn't want to be born black, and I wasn't - I made the appropriate choice.

Fuck, you were trolling...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

32. God damn these electric sex pants Marivauder's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Never stop posting Grogoth

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogoth View Post
    W0t? Look, when you go out on a Friday night, you meat a nice guy and take him to the toilets to suck his dick - that is you making choices which make you a faggot. And since fucking when is nigger not an excellent attack??? I mean fuck, I didn't want to be born black, and I wasn't - I made the appropriate choice.
    This is basically verbal rape, Grogoth. Oh wait, he asked for it, carry on.
    "It pains me to say it but you are a good poster." - Vonq

34. The Idiot Bastard Son Internet Spaceships's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Was expecting more from a woman tbh...
    That's not saying much when your only interactions with the fairer sex have been through inflatable lookalikes.

That post was bad and you should feel bad for making it.

35. This is harsh. Evaluate me
    R/P
    Power
    Yeah, so many rules, it's so complicated. Have to be a half-genius just to figure it out. I am convinced of your argument now, good post.

R/P
    Power

I don't even know what to say to you.

R/P
    Power
    Well I dunno what else to say so, here's to you love.

38. The Indefatigable Frog Kulmid's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    That post... Was just.....

39. We're Only in It for the Money UnknownPoster's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Yeah, so many rules, it's so complicated. Have to be a half-genius just to figure it out. I am convinced of your argument now, good post.
    NBSI is simple and straight forward... Does he appear on your overview? Shoot the fucker.

And then there's NRDS. In which, things like this happen:

E: Also, just because my posts prove you wrong, doesn't mean I'm a bad poster

40. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Bill Schwartzski's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stronke View Post
    Have you ever tried it?
    Sure. Sometimes in w-space you feel diplomatic and talk to the guy who isn't red before passing through his system. Yes your goods get back to POS safely, but it was a very boring trip. Completely stripping any possibility of an adrenaline fix along the way.

41. This is harsh. Evaluate me
    R/P
    Power
    Quoting a Yulai Federation pilot to smack on NRDS is like me quoting a Spacemonkey's Alliance pilot to smack on NBSI. Or whoever the fuck Sons of Sylph are.

The nice thing about NRDS is that I don't have to go through and set a ton of blue standings with people, and with the KOS checker, it simplifies everything to the point where we can simply put the name in and know nearly instantly whether the guy should be shot. I don't have to go to Yulai Federation and "set blue" with them, I don't have to have a diplomatic conversation with Supernova Federation and deal with their retarded leadership. For a person running a corp or alliance, CVA's version of NRDS is far more simple than the constant diplomacy that NBSI brings up.

When you run NBSI, you have to make sure everyone is setting the right blues so you don't have idiots shooting dudes who are supposed to be blue, but the corp or alliance fucked up and didn't set the standings. Acting as though there's no drama between NBSI entities because entity A didn't have the right standings set towards random entity B is kind of humorous. Happens all the time. Hell, Mittani just sperged out as documented in the Evolution thread because of such a situation.

If you want the purest form of simplicity, you don't run NRDS or NBSI. Both RoE run the risk of drama. You run an RoE like the Initiative has, where you have no blues and shoot whoever you want, whenever you want. Besides, your whole point is kind of silly: If you really want things to be as simple as possible, you shouldn't be playing EVE, you should be playing something soul-crushingly shallow like WoW.

42. We're Only in It for the Money UnknownPoster's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    The nice thing about NRDS is that I don't have to go through and set a ton of blue standings with people
    Instead you have to go and set a bunch of people to red.

When you run NBSI, you have to make sure everyone is setting the right blues so you don't have idiots shooting dudes who are supposed to be blue, but the corp or alliance fucked up and didn't set the standings.
    This has never been an issue for me. A blue list is no different than this "KOS" list you speak of.

Thanks for the attempt but your points are invalid

43. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Checkbox Poll's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    This has never been an issue for me. A blue list is no different than this "KOS" list you speak of.
    NO HOLD ON DONT SHOOT THIS GANG THAT WE JUMPED INTO I NEED TO CHECK THEIR KOS STATUS

44. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    it simplifies everything to the point where we can simply put the name in and know nearly instantly whether the guy should be shot.
    By the time you've checked that you're already tackled and if nothing else, lost any initial momentum and/or advantages you may have had over the neutral-that-all-of-a-sudden-turns-out-to-be-a-target.

You run an RoE like the Initiative has, where you have no blues and shoot whoever you want, whenever you want.
    I'm very certain that INIT's RoE is NBSI. Duration and amount of blue standings doesn't change the RoE.

45. This is harsh. Evaluate me
    R/P
    Power
    Instead you have to go and set a bunch of people to red.
    Yeah, set red, shoot it. The old Great Wildlands NRDS model. We even called it SRSI as a joke. It was a great way to develop a lot of reds over a quick period of time.

Having more reds > Having more blues. Let me guess, you're in a Goonswarm-allied entity, eh?

A blue list is no different than this "KOS" list you speak of.
    Ignorant. You have to go make sure each entity is blue to one another. It's ten times more work than simply referencing a KOS list. No more conversations where pilots have to see if they're showing blue to one another. More work for various corp and alliance leaders to make sure that they're not having old blues who are now simply going to pop them, or less paranoia for your average grunt whose corp or alliance leader might not be doing that great of a job keeping standings accurate. KOS list isn't infallible, but it's far less work for the non-KOS administrator than putting countless hours into shitty diplomacy with retards.

One of my favorite pastimes is going out to drone regions and convincing people that I'm supposed to be blue to them, works well over half of the time and leads to some nice kills. The average pilot I've run across who is NBSI is so used to standings snafu's that they often simply believe that I am actually supposed to be blue. That'd rarely happen if they had something so simple and easy to use as a KOS checker.

NO HOLD ON DONT SHOOT THIS GANG THAT WE JUMPED INTO I NEED TO CHECK THEIR KOS STATUS
    I know first-hand that you guys in TEST haven't developed scouts yet, but most people use scouts and don't have this issue.

46. This is harsh. Evaluate me
    R/P
    Power
    By the time you've checked that you're already tackled and if nothing else, lost any initial momentum and/or advantages you may have had over the neutral-that-all-of-a-sudden-turns-out-to-be-a-target.
    I've never had this problem. If you end up in a situation where some jackass is right next to you and you didn't know it three jumps out, it means that you probably didn't pay enough attention to intel. Plus, in that situation, you'd be a retard to sit there while you check KOS. You get safe, then check KOS checker. If you're automatically tackling guys whose presence you weren't aware of before, you're just going to get blapped all the time by the dude's gang who is sitting on the other side of the gate.

I'm very certain that INIT's RoE is NBSI. Duration and amount of blue standings doesn't change the RoE.
    If you have no blues, then all you have to do is not shoot alliance mates. More like NASI.

R/P
    Power
    Yeah, set red, shoot it. The old Great Wildlands NRDS model.

Having more reds > Having more blues. Let me guess, you're in a Goonswarm-allied entity, eh?

Ignorant. You have to go make sure each entity is blue to one another. It's ten times more work than simply referencing a KOS list. No more conversations where pilots have to see if they're showing blue to one another. More work for various corp and alliance leaders to make sure that they're not having old blues who are now simply going to pop them, or less paranoia for your average grunt whose corp or alliance leader might not be doing that great of a job keeping standings accurate. KOS list isn't infallible, but it's far less work than putting countless hours into shitty diplomacy with retards.

One of my favorite pastimes is going out to drone regions and convincing people that I'm supposed to be blue to them, works well over half of the time and leads to some nice kills. The average pilot I've run across who is NBSI is so used to standings snafu's that they often simply believe that I am actually supposed to be blue. That'd rarely happen if they had something so simple and easy to use as a KOS checker.
    The solution is clearly fewer blues.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/UhWbu.gif[/IMG]

48. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    If you have no blues, then all you have to do is not shoot alliance mates. More like NASI.
    Too bad INIT have one (2?) alliance(s) perma-blue, Init Mercs (and Init Assiciates). Plus they set temp blues occasionaly. Which means that INIT pilots are conditioned to shoot neuts and reds and to ignore blues undless explicitly stated otherwise. That's exactly how NBSI works.

49. This is harsh. Evaluate me
    R/P
    Power
    I thought they had folded Mercs into Initiative, Dotlan says otherwise. Associates looks dead though.

I suppose due to Mercs they're properly NBSI. Still, there are entities out there that have literally zero blues, even if Initiative is not one of them. Only that RoE can be quantitatively claimed to be "simpler" as both NBSI and NRDS inherently have standings issues that will arise and diplomacy to slog through.

R/P
    Power
    you can't really spin

'shoot people that appear on this list but check first thanks!' as being easier to deal with than 'if not blue, shoot'