CEX.io
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Patch Speculations

R/P
    Power
    With the upcoming november (november!!) patch soon to hit, what changes do we see hitting eve? what ships will win win win, what alliances will win win win as a result of the changes win win winning and will anyone buy me an archon?

this is teds, this has been my first topic and pretty please don't hate me for it

xx

R/P
    Power
    ps the answer is LSE MPL oracles

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    It's EVE, we all lose

R/P
    Power
    everyone is going to be fucking mad when they discover that tier 3 BCs still suck ass against maelstroms and abaddons.
    Mfume Apocal - Origin. - Black Legion.

5. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Some Generally Awesome Dude's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I foresee terrible thread topics started by mediocre posters.

OHGODICANSEETHROUGHTIME!

R/P
    Power
    but but but i'm pretty :C

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    I see a wave of tears from cearbears who, despite changes made to concord and high sec, are still getting blowed up by griefers.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

8. Super Moderator Lorren Canada's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    new teir 3s will own and be owned, various supercap alliances will hurt while PL adjusts, TEST will still be terrible and Goons still won't use their supers
    Your posting has been Adjusted

9. Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night Viribus's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    My predictions:

- Big fleets will remain pretty much unchanged. Some fags will try and be cool and bring rail megas to hellcat fleets and get laughed at when they wind up dying or on the bottom of every killmail.
    - Dreads will see more use.
    - Alliances will be less willing to commit supercaps against subcaps without adequate support.
    - Small gangs will see more blaster ships but still dominated by fast, shield tanked kiting ships.
    - Destroyer gangs.
    - People will cry like bitches when their awesome new tier-3 battlecruisers get soloed by catalysts.
    - The tornado and talos will be the only tier-3 battlecruisers with a place in gangs because the oracle is basically a geddon with no drones and 1/3rd the tank, and the naga can't actually fit modules. The tornado is cool because it's basically the homeless man's machariel, and the talos can put out some incredible dps and isn't totally vulnerable to frigates and cruisers.

R/P
    Power
    Do we actually even believe that they will bring it out before christmass? I don't see it happening...

R/P
    Power
    seriously the oracle fucking owns. megapulse tracking is just right (2x te and i was hitting cruisers fine), and it's a nice speed. throw some isk on the clone and you have a decent alternative to a brawling/kiting at a push LSE MPL zealot.

R/P
    Power
    dragon i would love to find you the thread on FHC, but i'm far too gone, and my better half still considers an eve-addiction akin to heroin so have fun wading through the tranche of shite that is FHC for reasoning behind an november exp

13. Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night Viribus's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Well, hardly anyone flies the LSE pulse zealot either, because it has awful resists and no buffer. The oracle is more of the same, except with less tracking, dependence on cap boosters, a larger sig, lower speed, etc. etc.

I still don't see why you'd fly it.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Viribus View Post
    I still don't see why you'd fly it.
    if you're good at flying nano, you can shit all over AC canes in small gangs

R/P
    Power
    what mfume said. if, like a slicer you can hold that sweet 21-24km amarr shield + pulse and some cheeky heat and plugs create an ownzone

R/P
    Power
    I predict a bunch of clueless pubbies will make dumb predictions on a terrible forum

17. Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night Viribus's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Mfume View Post
    if you're good at flying nano, you can shit all over AC canes in small gangs
    Well, so can a lot of things. Zealots can probably do it better, as can Drakes, which have the added benefit of being able to survive being shot at. Hell a dual LSE zealot probably has more EHP.

The thing is that the oracle does nothing that other ships in its price range and hull class can't do as well or better.

The tornado is neat because it's basically a nano pest that trades tank for range. They can get almost the range of an oracle with a lot more tank. The only other ship that fills its role is the machariel, which costs 20 times as much.

The talos is kind of cool because it can fit a decent enough tank and still add nearly 2 hurricane's worth of dps to a small gang. It doesn't compete with the brutix, myrm, or deimos because the brutix and myrm are tanky (while the talos is all about dps) and the deimos is still terrible outside of gimmick solo fits.

18. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    The change I would like to see is drones having bounties instead of dropping minerals. Not sure if that's probably going to happen because CCP might not tell anyone to avoid speculation like with PI.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Viribus View Post
    Well, so can a lot of things. Zealots can probably do it better, as can Drakes, which have the added benefit of being able to survive being shot at. Hell a dual LSE zealot probably has more EHP.
    zealots are fucking expensive and do less deeps. drakes can do it better, but you wind up with "HURR DRAEKS, H8 DRAEKS M8"

Quote Originally Posted by Fix Lag View Post
    The change I would like to see is drones having bounties instead of dropping minerals. Not sure if that's probably going to happen because CCP might not tell anyone to avoid speculation like with PI.
    Why is that?

20. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Konev's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    my prediction. loading a 30 day skill into the que is advised.

far to much good shit in it for it to be a smooth patch.
    [SIZE=1]People are like slinkies. Generally useless but entertaining when you push them down stairs.[/SIZE]

21. Go fuck yourself Frodo! Alizandro Goderaski's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Why is that?
    So we can start mining with our inactive hulk accounts or something. Been years.

R/P
    Power
    I foresee rail ships being useful for PVE again, terrible trolls by penif, spin spin spin from Jogyn, more people getting black-and-white photo military dude avatars, posting atrocities from intarkill and possibly riverini, Petyr and Ransomlist will remain missing, most of the forum will unsub again after a month, and MM will collapse.

R/P
    Power
    zealots are fucking expensive and do less deeps. drakes can do it better, but you wind up with "HURR DRAEKS, H8 DRAEKS M8"
    You clearly know what you're talking about.

R/P
    Power
    Do we even see Ccp being able to impliment all these changes correctly or do we predict lots of fix's and possible role backs as they try to change so much in 1 patch?

Teds if you manage to find it no troll i will read the thread but i have only heard rumours of when the launch will be and its already the 12th of November so we will see...

R/P
    Power
    whats the new totm fleet going to be called? xxxCAT

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
    whats the new totm fleet going to be called? xxxCAT
    Papercat?

27. The Theory and Practice of Time Travel Glomp's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Papertiger

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinae View Post
    You clearly know what you're talking about.

tell us how it is in syndicate

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mexxico View Post
    tell us how it is in syndicate
    Couldnt tell you, been popping Test cynos in vehan for the last couple of weeks for tears.

30. Expendable
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by teds View Post
    will anyone buy me an archon?
    What did you do with the last one we bought you? RMT it for a shandy and a bag of crisps?

My prediction: teds (aka fart head) will still only play eve on the test server (except to occasionally log into TQ and remark that eve is a terrible game).

R/P
    Power
    After long session in mah sweat lodge and smoking some of the fine herbs of the earth the following vision came to me in a dream:

I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Apathy over eve, and Battlefield3, Skyrim and SWTOR were following close behind him. They were given power over the players of eve to kill by lightsword, various big guns and dragonfire, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

R/P
    Power
    More titans, less motherships.
    Daroh > I've bought a telescope, watching you guys fly in eve from my place )))

33. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Sean Alenko's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    The DRF attacks a small Finnish alliance in Delve and loses 30 Titans to 50 Finnish Drakes.

Winter is coming.

34. King Dong
    R/P
    Power
    The new BCs will shake things up for a bit, everyone will stumble around cursing themselves for not training t2 large guns.

They'll be nerfed once everyone begins to realize the degree to which they obsolete large swaths of other DPS shiptypes.

People will be able to ride the O-Penis of the Tornado and get a lot of KMs in the process even though a lot of them will be flying it all fucked up and sideways.

CCP after 3 - 6 weeks will make a balance pass and the forums will experience a torrential downpour of tears about how CCP is destroying what makes the ship fun (and they'll be right).

A large number of people will post threads/make videos about new fits they "invented" no matter how obvious it is or how minor the variation is from the norm.

Someone will take a fleet of them against Abaddons or Maels and the result will be something similar to the Battle of Manila Bay.

Slight increase in the large weapon spec skillbooks for about two weeks after the patch.

Drakes will become an even more dated fleet doctrine.

T3s will warp sideways.

35. How to Build a Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later El Space Mariachi's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Alenko View Post
    The DRF attacks a small Finnish alliance in Delve and loses 30 Titans to 50 Finnish Drakes.

Winter is coming.
    fuck finns m8

36. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. jimmychrist's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    POSes shutting down all over. Because CCP dun goofed and/or because AFK heroes have missed the pellets thing.

37. We're Only in It for the Money UnknownPoster's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    PLEX Prices rising.. Even more.

CCP, I love how your doing something now, but please stop killing the plex economy

38. "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorren Canada View Post
    new teir 3s will own and be owned, various supercap alliances will hurt while PL adjusts, TEST will still be terrible and Goons still won't use their supers
    TEST will always be bad at Eve. But at least we got shit posting down.

And besides, I don't see much going on for the next few months. With Skyrim out, well people won't really be playing too much Eve til it they beat it at least twice.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

39. We're Only in It for the Money UnknownPoster's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Templar View Post
    TEST will always be bad at Eve. But at least we got shit posting down.

And besides, I don't see much going on for the next few months. With Skyrim out, well people won't really be playing too much Eve til it they beat it at least twice.
    Honestly don't see skyrim as being the blow to subscription rates.

BF3 Just came out, and a wave of SWTOR beta key's will be sent out soon (Got my e-mail notification this morning)

Of course the classics: LoL, HoN, SC2, etc etc.

Though, I did play a bit of Skyrim this morning, and I must say, it's very well put together.

40. "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UnknownPoster View Post
    Honestly don't see skyrim as being the blow to subscription rates.

BF3 Just came out, and a wave of SWTOR beta key's will be sent out soon (Got my e-mail notification this morning)

Of course the classics: LoL, HoN, SC2, etc etc.

Though, I did play a bit of Skyrim this morning, and I must say, it's very well put together.
    Tis true it's not going to all be about Skyrim. But that will be a huge heavy hitter for a lot of people. Also from what I know there might be another expansion for WoW just around the corner which will help to AFK Eve players. But come around Feb they will all be back after they have beat everything they could. Also I don't think that it will completely make people unsub but lower game play will ensue.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

41. The Theory and Practice of Time Travel true's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    changes do we see hitting eve?
    .. can't hear you over the sound of how dovahkin I am

I know there might be another expansion for WoW just around the corner which will help to AFK Eve players
    Many wow oldfags are ragequitting upon it's announcement

R/P
    Power
    1) The new teir 3 bc's are useless, other than being between the price of a hac and a teir 2 bc, even if Vibrius is clueless about them they're still relegated to small gangs only, and gank squads

2) Nothing changes with supers at all. Titans don't have a drone bay, big fucking deal, supers kept enough extra drone bay to keep fighters in so as to still be a threat to subcaps since everybody was so hell bent on being able to run sanctums in their carrier. The only meaningful change is the lack of sub cap DD's, which won't really matter when your shit is getting shredded by some AC rag from half a grid away

3) Nobody likes grinding the inanimate objects, so 0.0 stays stagnant

4) Goons would like to imagine that "winter has come", but Villy will just hang himself since Goons won't use supers and in any meaningful sov war they have to hit the ground

5) 0.0 stagnantes a wee bit more as the DRF remains blue because the second they unblue they get their shit pushed in by one guy or another, but while blue nobody can stand up to the supercaps that didn't get nerfed in any meaningful way.

6) I make fun of Mynas for doing that stupid fucking countdown that amounted to fuck all.

43. This is harsh. Evaluate me
    R/P
    Power
    1) gallente will still be awful

:crystalball:
    flies shit fit corp lach's

44. Promiscuous
    R/P
    Power

fuuuu- that's a big spider

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    1)
    2) Nothing changes with supers at all. Titans don't have a drone bay, big fucking deal, supers kept enough extra drone bay to keep fighters in so as to still be a threat to subcaps since everybody was so hell bent on being able to run sanctums in their carrier. The only meaningful change is the lack of sub cap DD's, which won't really matter when your shit is getting shredded by some AC rag from half a grid away
    The biggest change to supercap warfare is the logoffski timer. We're going to see some lol killmails of small shitty gangs with a couple logi killing roaming SCs because they can't logoffski anymore. We also might see entire supercap fleets (like 10-15+) die in a single engagement for the same reason.

46. God damn these electric sex pants Marivauder's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    i can't wait for the log off timer update

The other day a small gang i was in had a chimera into structure before the lolog off timer ran out

47. We're Only in It for the Money UnknownPoster's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Marivauder View Post
    i can't wait for the log off timer update

The other day a small gang i was in had a chimera into structure before the lolog off timer ran out
    Where you in a Concordiat/Evol Roam?

48. God damn these electric sex pants Marivauder's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UnknownPoster View Post
    Where you in a Concordiat/Evol Roam?
    no

49. Super Moderator ihaveahelmet's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I for one can't wait to rape a tier3 BC fleet with only 4 bombers

Richter_Belmont: under Article 14, section 88, paragraph 420 of the B0Tl0rd Accord, it says "you're gay LOL pwned"

50. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    buff tier3 bc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]