CEX.io
Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

League of legends-- hella fun, free and the acronym is LoL :D

1. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Traakile's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrador View Post
    You're the AD carry, he is the initiate. Working as intended, tell him to go hump a goat.
    Only if it were that simple would the world be a better place...

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Traakile View Post
    Me playing tyrandameere with our tank in a lane.
    He waits for me to run first into the enemy champs.

But then it sucks equally hard if you play the tank, attack them and your team turns around and runs away

3. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Arrador's Avatar
    Perrigrin, tenerifis, immensea, fucked if I know
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Traakile View Post
    Yea, well that's why I roll solo queue with /ignore all being the first thing I type.
    [Arrador] possesses a considerable understanding of ship configurations, strengths and weakness. He gives clear and purposeful instructions, is good at taking advantage of the fleet-composition he's dealt, and never loses sight of the main goal: fun. This, paired with an excellent tolerance for strong drink gives him an almost Churchillian capability to win, despite being completely pissed on booze most of the fleet operation.

4. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Traakile's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Matos View Post

But then it sucks equally hard if you play the tank, attack them and your team turns around and runs away
    Amumu: "ok guys, let's do this" *swoosh*
    Team: "fuck dat shit!"
    Amumu has died.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakhodit View Post
    I actually may get Cho'Gath first because eating champs gives me an excuse to go "AHM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM" on comms.
    teammate was actually like: "CANT HELP WITH BARON NEED TO EAT SOME HEROES" and then he got tripple :|

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Did he yell at you that you're feeding them afterwards too?
    Well at the time I was 9/2/1 so, no, he didn't. However, later I died twice in a row putting my score at 13/6/~5 and he did tell me to stop feeding.

You're the AD carry, he is the initiate. Working as intended, tell him to go hump a goat.
    I told him that I was truly sorry that everytime I killed someone his penis shrank just a little. I suggested that if he just logged off he could keep his current dick size and retire a happy man. I was unsure of what his reply was, since it was Portuguese but I'm sure it wasn't pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kythren View Post
    teammate was actually like: "CANT HELP WITH BARON NEED TO EAT SOME HEROES" and then he got tripple :|
    That's pretty funny actually. Time to grind some IP so I too may ignore imporant events and eat the other team instead.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

R/P
    Power
    let me tell you about alistar and cait

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mexxico View Post
    let me tell you about alistar and cait
    That was a great game.

Since, I know Ron will not, allow me to fill you in.

I was luckily enough to catch Ron for a game before I had to head into work. We braved the random pubbie rabble and ended up with Ron playing Alistar, myself in as Caitlyn short blue skirt. Our pubbies chose Katarina, Xerath, and Teemo.

Ron and I took bot with the intention to "Own Face" but like all the plans of Mice and Men, things went... shitty.

We faced Miss Fortune and Kayle and that was, to say the least, a pain in the ass. They worked well together and I suspect they were on comms. My attempts to harass either quickly had me at 0/4/0. "Oh, great" I thought, "the first time I get to play with Ron in a while and I suck monkey balls." The only good we accomplished down there was inflicting a lot of damage to their tower while protecting our own.

However their Udyr, (who finished 0/9/7) came down for a gank and the resulting chaos finished with a dead Alistar, A smashed and horribly ass raped Caitlyn, and a suddenly demolished tower. Things are looking grim as our mid and top tower have fallen. Our Xerath isn't awesome but he is at least doing better than I am. Teemo was slightly more terrible than me. Our Kat had a Vonq like insanity and didn't blink at 5-1 odds. Did I mention she was dead a lot?

But Ron does not despair and even after I type h Dear: in chat he counters with :ELO: Suddenly Galaxy Quest pops in my head and the mantra, "Never Give UP! Never Surrender!"

Ron helps me farm and slowly I build two Phantom Dancers and an Infinity Edge. In the mean time the fight rages back and forth, we take towers down, due to the inept Udyr and our ability to almost win every team fight. Each time we clash they only have one or two champs left alive, usually too weak to press the advantage.

One of their champs is Karthus and his ulti is truly devastating. He was fed at MID and his build is well thought out. At level 14 I would lose half my life just to that ulti alone. If anyone was below half... Ron himself escaped death by a sliver of green several times.

At one point, they had pushed over our inner turret and it looked like we were finished. But, for the first time in the game, Teemo came to the rescue and protected the inhibitor long enough for others to respawn. As a result the other team scattered about the map.

Ron said now was our best chance at doing Baron. We both pinged the spot and only Teemo was too timid to try. Xerath and Kat showed up and we took on the purple worm of doom. Their team tried to stop us but failed and the resulting team fight left only our Cait and Alistar standing! Quickly they pushed down the remaining mid towers and the inhibitor. For the first time in 40 minutes we were winning!

A few more closely matched team fights took place, and each time only one of the ten players was left standing. However the overconfident purple team became lax in their home defense and our creeps took out an inner tower! Another fight left both teams with only a few on the field, then a second fight moments later scored us an Ace!

And for the first time in the game, Caitlyn (who was rocking a score of 3/14/12) Did something useful! The moment I spawned I teleported to a creep that was shooting an inner tower. My auto attack was enough to down the tower and then the crystal, ending the game.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

9. King Dong
    R/P
    Power

Worse when you're playing Fiddlesticks and initiating teamfights with Crowstorm+Hourglass. Works when it works, but when your team decides they want no part of it, things go so horribly wrong. You're forced to watch for 2 whole seconds as the other team circles outside of range like a bunch of vultures over a starving African child.

10. "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
    R/P
    Power
    Overpowered 1.6k Jax alpha.

11. Super Moderator ihaveahelmet's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    There is nothing worse than initiating perfectly only to see your team backing away slowly, letting you face the wrath of a thousand (five) angry people:

Enemy Graves is fed as fuck and is on a rampage but finds himself alone at our mid tower. I as Janna flash behind him, knock him back into our tower with Monsoon, slow him with Zephyr, knock him up with Howling Gale - basically he's fucked and he's got tower aggro, and his team is nowhere near. All that as I ping wildly, targeting his ass for everyone to see. What happens? Our AP carry clears the minion wave and backs off.

Richter_Belmont: under Article 14, section 88, paragraph 420 of the B0Tl0rd Accord, it says "you're gay LOL pwned"

12. Super Moderator ihaveahelmet's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Also I don't think MF is that bad, it's just that she isn't one of the trendy picks lately, with Vayne, Cait and all the other ranged ADs. Tristana and her can mess up lanes that rely on HP sustain, her AoE slow isn't bad and her passive can make her hard to chase if you're good at positioning. In the end these champions spend most of their time auto-attacking so once you reach a certain level of farm they'll be just as good unless you happen to be playing at really high ELO.

Richter_Belmont: under Article 14, section 88, paragraph 420 of the B0Tl0rd Accord, it says "you're gay LOL pwned"

13. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Traakile's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by ihaveahelmet View Post
    Also I don't think MF is that bad, it's just that she isn't one of the trendy picks lately, with Vayne, Cait and all the other ranged ADs. Tristana and her can mess up lanes that rely on HP sustain, her AoE slow isn't bad and her passive can make her hard to chase if you're good at positioning. In the end these champions spend most of their time auto-attacking so once you reach a certain level of farm they'll be just as good unless you happen to be playing at really high ELO.
    True, at the levels I play at the team composition probably isn't that big of a deal and the individual skill still plays a major part in our success. But nevertheless MF does have certain traits that make her suboptimal when compared to the most of the AD carries. Trist, for example has a built in escape mechanism and a knockback from her ultimate. That alone makes her a far more suitable AD carry than MF, in my opinion. I think her ultimate is the biggest thing I can think of why she isn't that useful in higher ELO play, it's just plain useless in teamfights due to the low damage that could be done to a single target instead of channeling the ultimate.

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    I just bailed out of a Dominion game during champ select because of this:

Quote Originally Posted by Random Pubbie who just selected Nasus
    I'll take mid since I'm not going to get any boots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Other Random Pubbie
    Yeah, me neither. I'll go bot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakhodit
    You realize this is dominion right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Pubbie who just selected Nasus
    Yeah.

R/P
    Power
    Add me, my nick is Omeepuh - I'm not good at it though!

edit: I'm a beginner, I'm collecting points to buy characters, not sure who I should pick though.
    Are there some heroes I should clearly go for?
    Daroh > I've bought a telescope, watching you guys fly in eve from my place )))

16. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Arrador's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Omeega View Post

edit: I'm a beginner, I'm collecting points to buy characters, not sure who I should pick though.
    Are there some heroes I should clearly go for?
    Akali
    [Arrador] possesses a considerable understanding of ship configurations, strengths and weakness. He gives clear and purposeful instructions, is good at taking advantage of the fleet-composition he's dealt, and never loses sight of the main goal: fun. This, paired with an excellent tolerance for strong drink gives him an almost Churchillian capability to win, despite being completely pissed on booze most of the fleet operation.

R/P
    Power
    Akali
    Akali it is. Any other heroes?
    Daroh > I've bought a telescope, watching you guys fly in eve from my place )))

18. The Idiot Bastard Son Internet Spaceships's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Akali it is. Any other heroes?
    You can get Tristana for liking them on Facebook and Alistar for subscribing to their YouTube channel, both are pretty good heroes. Annie is a good caster and is only 450 IP, Master Yi is a relatively easy AD carry with great attack speed. Ashe is also a fun and cheap hero, if you played HoN she's a lot like Forsaken Archer.

R/P
    Power
    If your not good don't get akali Friend of mine dies all the time when he plays her (and then claims we lost because of me )

I generally don't get people who always blame others when they lose

R/P
    Power
    Don't even get me started on my former CEO who went 2/14/6 (or something along those lines) constantly who then bitched at me for having a positive K/D/A.

21. The Idiot Bastard Son Internet Spaceships's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I tried to add you but I guess you're on the EU server

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Akali isn't worth it. Plus, part of playing her is to be a complete cock to the rest of your team. If you're not an ass, you can't play Akali.

23. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Traakile's Avatar
    R/P
    Power

I generally don't get people who always blame others when they lose
    Welcome to the LoL community, enjoy your stay.

BF3 has really cut in on my LoL time since it's launch. I finally decided to get Gragas and had some really fun games with him.
    300 AP barrels really hurt.

R/P
    Power
    Caitlyn is free (or is about to be) along with Olaf and Shen.

New players should play all three to have fun playing 3 completely different archetypes.

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Caitlyn is fun, and as far as AD Carries go, one of the easiest. Her range lets you stay way out of the fight and if you are mid you can really piss off who ever you're up against. Just remember that she has slightly more hit points than a twinkie. So say out of range.

Olaf is a beast. He just got some tweeks (buffs) and he is a damn good brawler.

I've really only seen Shen when I mess around with bots. Shen bot is a pest. Never really seen him in game.

Best advice I can give, Omeega, is to play with as many free champs as you can while you save up your IP. (seems that's what you are doing.) I have champs that I many never play again because they looked cool but ended up not being the play style I like.

Currently I'm working on improving my BlitzCrank. I think he may be my new favorite when the team already has an AD carry in the line up.

26. Super Moderator ihaveahelmet's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Rer View Post
    Caitlyn is free (or is about to be) along with Olaf
    heh

R/P
    Power
    Currently I'm working on improving my BlitzCrank. I think he may be my new favorite when the team already has an AD carry in the line up.
    Pulling champs into your towers seems to be fun! Its one of the reasons i hate playing against him.

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    We all know Caitlyn has it bad for Graves.

Classic bad boy image with cowboy boots and a Harley parked at the front gate*.
    Even in her own words "Who doesn't like being under the gun?"

*( I suddenly had this image of the old loony toons cartoon with the sheep dog and "George" the coyote. All the Champs in LoL are friendly neighbors until the show up to work and do unspeakable things to each other.)

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Matos
    Pulling champs into your towers seems to be fun! Its one of the reasons i hate playing against him.
    It's quite hilarious when you are solo top facing two players who clearly aren't aware of the range. I'll actualy hid a bit behind the tower as if to say "Oh noes! They are pushing so hard what will I do?" Then ZOINKS they're getting owned.

Also something that puts a smile on my face is hiding in those bushes near the mid lane with a buddy. A champ runs by, pull him over the wall and then he gets mugged while the rest of his team tries to figure out where he went.

However Blitz is only as good as his supporting cast. If your lane buddy runs the moment you pull (Happens way too often) you can end up fucked. Also, if kills are more important than the assists, Blitz isn't your champ. Sure he can be a murder machine but his best use is to make sure your lane buddy gets fed like a thanksgiving turkey.

EDIT 2:

Also, I used some of my disposable income to get the "Piltover Customs" skin. Makes him twice as fun to play, if only because of that horn going off just as you gank someone from a bush.

R/P
    Power
    Also, I used some of my disposable income to get the "Piltover Customs" skin. Makes him twice as fun to play, if only because of that horn going off just as you gank someone from a bush.
    Seems a bit like Cho Gath, the only reason i like to play him is to write NOMNOMNOMNOM in /all after I've eaten a Champ. (But thats a very compelling reason!)

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    I have Cho, and like Blitz, I'm not going to get the super skin until I'm at least half way decent with him. I haven't gone live with Cho yet but my practice bot figths are not good.

Most of this is that I have no good runes for him, and the other part is I'm horrible at melee.

R/P
    Power
    I'm now at a Stage where i can own regular bots with any decent Champ.
    It has gone from "Will we win?" to "How fast will we win?"

At least when my teammates have any clue at all what they are doing.

Are you on EU Server?

R/P
    Power
    I think Traakile is the only guy on EU (I'm probably wrong)
    Spaceship friends don't let other spaceship friends madpost.

33. Super Moderator ihaveahelmet's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    However Blitz is only as good as his supporting cast. If your lane buddy runs the moment you pull (Happens way too often) you can end up fucked. Also, if kills are more important than the assists, Blitz isn't your champ. Sure he can be a murder machine but his best use is to make sure your lane buddy gets fed like a thanksgiving turkey.
    Check out Dyrus and Reginald double jungling as Blitzcrank and Alistar, there are videos of it on solomid.net

It's hilarious

34. Super Moderator ihaveahelmet's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    OH SHIT TEEMO FREE WEEK

35. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Traakile's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I think Traakile is the only guy on EU (I'm probably wrong)
    EUNE in this case. Omee will be probably the third player to play on the eastern servers along with my neighbour unless he's on NA. Hopefully we can have a proper tournament now that we have three players and playing against polar bears just isn't that fun anymore.

But to be honest, EUNE isn't probably so bad that I usually sperg about. It's more than likely that me and my more than eccentric view of other EUNE players tend to go to real fun places and end up coming back covered in Teemo blood. But sperging aside, I think it's a statistical fact that free Teemo week correlates directly with around a 45% increase in deaths per game.

R/P
    Power
    I'm on the Europe Sever too. My nick should be Horlan there.

37. Whoremonger Chipmunk McPaul's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Alister

Oh god Alister

literally having more fun then ever
    ~~~ Ripperljohn ~~~

unsubbed since Jan '12[COLOR=#FF0033][FONT=comic sans ms]

[/FONT][/COLOR]

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Late game Blitzcrank, with full cooldowns and all the good stuff...

I jumped into a team fight and was literally juggling enemy champs I was knocking them up so fast.

82 minutes and we finally lost because our Trynd just never caught on that he should join us for team fights, not show up late, alone, and try to take them all on.

R/P
    Power
    Late game Blitzcrank, with full cooldowns and all the good stuff...I jumped into a team fight and was literally juggling enemy champs I was knocking them up so fast. 82 minutes and we finally lost because our Trynd just never caught on that he should join us for team fights, not show up late, alone, and try to take them all on.
    Against bad players that can work! Activate ulti, instagib 3 of them, whirl + flash away. (But only against bad players )

R/P
    Power
    82 MINUTE LONG GAME???

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    82 MINUTE LONG GAME???
    Yeah, They were kicking our ass until they lost a player. We made a steady comeback and then when both sides had pushed to the inner towers it just sort of stalled. I had a build I'll never have again: Manamae, triforce, the boots that give you cool down, TWO warmogs, and some cool down book. Both sides tried to surrender for 20 minutes. neither side pushed hard because if one side got aced, it was over. And then we got aced and it was over. Ta-da

R/P
    Power
    Jesus christ, by the 50 minute mark I probably would have sold my shit, gone for back-door build and had the 4v5 fight go either by our wall or river (where you can easily maneuver out) and just stall them so I could BD a tower or inhibitor. (Granted this varies given what champ you're playing and as a Blitz that doesn't really work so hot)

R/P
    Power
    warmogs on blitz :3

44. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Arrador's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mexxico View Post
    warmogs on blitz :3
    This. one warmogs... meh. But two?!

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    This. one warmogs... meh. But two?!
    I had time to try a few things. Anything that added mana was nice but at that point in the game my HP was stripped off so fast that my shield was the only thing that kept me alive. The warmogs made my normal HP a usefull buffer and made me last longer in the fight. And since I was the only guy back dooring towers, Warmogs were very handy.

The only reason we lasted so long was that the other team seemed as disinterested in killing towers as mine was. Once my team caught up to lvl 18 and started pushing back the other team paniced and played ultra defensive. Of course, my team had been ultra defensive (read: inept) since the start. Since I had a shit ton of gold and time to spare I figured I'd give everything a try. I killed five towers solo and manged to get away 4/5 times when the baddies came to stomp me. My shiled and W let me get away, but the Warmogs kept me from loosing all of my HP to creeps or the tower.

I don't ever intend to bulid him like that again, it was a one time deal. Since I'm really only good with Cait my knowlege of armours is very limited. With Cait it's either Banshee's/thornmail/none depending who we're fighting.

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Jesus christ, by the 50 minute mark I probably would have sold my shit, gone for back-door build and had the 4v5 fight go either by our wall or river (where you can easily maneuver out) and just stall them so I could BD a tower or inhibitor. (Granted this varies given what champ you're playing and as a Blitz that doesn't really work so hot)
    More or less excatly what I was doing. And you're right, doesn't work well with Blitz. I mean, creeps are easy to take out, my ulti was up every 20 secs and one use would clear an entire wave. W helped get a tower down fast, but the build was awkward. If one champ showed up to stop me I'd take him out with hilarious effect. E was ready ever 2.5 seconds and they spent their time in the air. Just when they though thier were close my shild would kick in giving me damn near full health. If they came in a group I was borked.

FAKE EDIT: Sorry for the double post but the edit buttan is not working

R/P
    Power
    I had time to try a few things. Anything that added mana was nice but at that point in the game my HP was stripped off so fast that my shield was the only thing that kept me alive. The warmogs made my normal HP a usefull buffer and made me last longer in the fight. And since I was the only guy back dooring towers, Warmogs were very handy.

The only reason we lasted so long was that the other team seemed as disinterested in killing towers as mine was. Once my team caught up to lvl 18 and started pushing back the other team paniced and played ultra defensive. Of course, my team had been ultra defensive (read: inept) since the start. Since I had a shit ton of gold and time to spare I figured I'd give everything a try. I killed five towers solo and manged to get away 4/5 times when the baddies came to stomp me. My shiled and W let me get away, but the Warmogs kept me from loosing all of my HP to creeps or the tower.

I don't ever intend to bulid him like that again, it was a one time deal. Since I'm really only good with Cait my knowlege of armours is very limited. With Cait it's either Banshee's/thornmail/none depending who we're fighting.
    just play alistar. i'll show you the ways of the cow my friend

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    May the Moo be with you.

49. Slowly Dying Like Dried Grapes Vonqueesha Shenaynay's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Akali isn't worth it. Plus, part of playing her is to be a complete cock to the rest of your team. If you're not an ass, you can't play Akali.
    Akali is one of my mains and has been for like 5 months now :P Are you saying I'm a total dick?

Also, Akali is not a starter champion. I picked her up at like, level 22, and it took me something like 150 games or so with her before I realized that she only works well in some situations with certain team comps. Also, don't play her until you hit level 30 and have a dedicated rune page just for her. So much of her power is her ability to get ahead in the early game due to the massive amount of sustain she has with her passives + hex revolver. You can only get this if you have flat AP / AD runes that, combined with her masteries, allow you to proc both passives by level 2 (level 1 if you're bot with sona.)

Pros:
    - If she gets fed, she snowballs out of control. An Akali with 400 AP by 20 minutes almost always leads to immediate surrender. Her burst at 500 AP is roughly 3000 magic damage in a span of about 3 seconds, with roughly 2100 of that being spell vamped back to your own health
    - Very strong laner and can harass / last hit very well
    - Her bubble is a total nig and makes her very hard to locate while shes attacking in this
    - Once you get Rylais, you can essentially run away / chase down with ease, as your Q applies the slow
    - She can dive once she has level 6 + flash
    - You'll usually make alot of people mad once you start getting fed. You'll also reach a point in the game where you're so fed that it almost becomes the equivalent of walking into the Ronald McDonald House and punching the shit out of everything in sight, except noone will tell you to stop.

Cons:
    - What's up oracles? What you know about getting fucked?
    - Really though, Oracles will fuck your ass raw and without mercy. If you see someone on the other team with oracles, don't even get up in that teamfight. You'll GET FUCKED.
    - Any team with AOE cc or just a hefty amount of tanky cc in general will make you ineffective. The majority of what makes her hard to kill is the fact that she can hang out in her bubble during a team fight, only showing herself to burst the fuck out of a squishy and then sneak out the back of it. Heavy CC means that you won't get very far from your bubble before your cloak ends, which is essentially an execution sentence for you.
    - Tanky teams in general will give you alot of trouble as you're very fucking squishy and your sustain hinders on spell vamp. However, spell vamp doesn't do much good against tanky teams as it heals you for a percentage of damage done. This can be a bit of a problem against tanky teams, as tanky teams tend to have higher resists. Higher resists mean less overall damage done, which means that you get less spell vamp from your attacks. This leads to you GETTING FUCKED.

You can very easily GET FUCKED while playing akali, which is why I wouldn't recommend her to newer players. I know everyone else has akali and you desperately want to be a cool kid, but this isn't the way.
    [B]I PAID 25 EUROS FOR A SIG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SHITTY TROLL ATTEMPT[/B]

50. Slowly Dying Like Dried Grapes Vonqueesha Shenaynay's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    http://i.imgur.com/Rup6U.jpg

Perfect example actually. I had 20 stacks.
    [B]I PAID 25 EUROS FOR A SIG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SHITTY TROLL ATTEMPT[/B]