CEX.io
Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 1802

Mad Max: Beyond ThunderDelve (Oct 2011 - onwards)

1. What Good Is a Glass Dagger? Fear's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    SNIPE!

If MM is jumping ship, are they leaving Brick to fight PL/ evoke/rdn?

Killing in lowsec is kickable.. what kind of alliance does that shit?! All it means is if you want to Hotdrop MM just park your neut in a cyno ship and wait.

2. Impostor
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Fear View Post
    Well i for one hope that MM takes that bitch Sirius A and his corp of rejectes and fucktards like spottington and go npc curse and die. But i dont think even MM is stupid enough to take sirius A.

but i can dream, what a magical dream that would be...
    And of course leave Mr Intelligent here, who cant even spell rejects properly to rule Delve! Duh. Yeh. Me can dream too mummy.

3. "It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane"
    R/P
    Power
    What makes me laugh is that Fear THINKS she is one of the cool people, It's probably that thing Ripley Weaver or could it be possible it is even worse than half male half female? (If you can try get a look at what Ripley looks like in RL then you will see the funny part as well)

4. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Elise Randolph View Post
    You could use all the help you can get, that's for sure.
    They are still sticking to that stuff? Oh my, MM really does not want to improve itself.
    Monkeys killing monkeys killing monkeys over places of the ground.
    Silly monkeys, give them thumbs, they make a club and beat their brothers down.

The universe is hostile, so impersonal: Devour to survive - So it is, so it's always been!

5. The Mote in God's Eye Elenor Pewpew's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Can someone make an "Australian Deathanimal of Doom of the Day" post please? My head hurts like there is no tomorrow and all this fighting about stupid Alliance numbers doesn't help.
    Sorry, I got drunk on Friday night, and when I woke up it was Monday morning and I was at work. Oops. I wasn't drinking Fosters in case anyone asks - no one drinks that rat-piss.

So today's one I'll keep short because :words: and frankly, I can't be arsed today.

Today's Australian Deathanimal of Doom of the Day: The Blue-Ringed Octopus

Ok, so strictly speaking this animal isn't confined to Australia, but it's fairly well concentrated around the southern part of the east-coast, compared to the other parts of the Pacific. The Blue-Ringed Octopus (BRO for short) is a chill dude, he likes to hang around in rockpools and eat shit, like crab, shrimp, and fish, and they don't go after people in the surf or anything like that. They just wanna sit there and get fat and hang out, but unfortunately humans are fucking retarded and like to poke around rock pools and grab shit. Moreso, not only do they grab shit, they like grabbing shiny shit.

So when they're poking around they agitate the BRO and he lights up his rings blue to try and warn things off, because in the animal world, when something changes colour, that means that you need to get the fuck away, but humans are stupid and so they think the blue means... well, I dunno, but it's shiny and they keep their hands in the rock pool.

So then the octopus gives them a bite with the beak, and then probably fucks off away somewhere to eat more fish and generally just be a BRO, and the human goes away and probably doesn't even notice they've been bitten.

And then you realise that you're having trouble moving. And then you realise you're having trouble breathing. Because what the BRO has just jabbed you with is a neurotoxin that blocks sodium channels, which means electrical impulses can't really get through to the cells. If you get hit with a strong enough dose (BROs carry enough venom to kill 26 humans) then what happens is you lose all motor function which includes breathing, BUT you're still wide awake whilst paralysed. Basically you're going to lie there and die and there's nothing you can do about it because the venom doesn't get metabolised by the body for around 4-8 hours.

You can try and kick and scream but you won't be able to do anything, even blink. I'm not sure if it'll stop your heart but there's a pretty good chance of that if you get hit with a big dose I think?

Obviously this is fantastic for when the BRO is stabbing fish because you get the freshness of a live meal without that awkward struggling which can really put you off your food, but for humans trying to breathe it's not going to be so great.

Now you can be saved if someone's willing to perform rescue breathing on you for about 4-6 hours until the toxin wears off and you can breathe on your own again - this is made easier if there's a resuscitation bag + mask, so all you have to do is sit there and pump a bottle for that time, until an ambulance gets you to a hospital at least. It's possible to do rescue breaths for 4 hours but if you're not a hot chick I don't like your chances of me going for more than a couple of minutes.

6. The Ethics of Madness Iratus's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenor Pewpew View Post
    You can try and kick and scream but you won't be able to do anything, even blink. I'm not sure if it'll stop your heart but there's a pretty good chance of that if you get hit with a big dose I think?
    Yes, it theoretically could stop the heart, but "lack of breathing" will do it first anyway. An acquaintance of mine got bit by a BRO a few years back, while visiting that god forsaken land of yours. Barely survived because his gf (now wife) is a doctor and didn't mind giving him rescue breathing untill the ambulance arrived.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hChYV.png[/IMG]

"Every rifter counts friend" - VR

7. The Mote in God's Eye Elenor Pewpew's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Iratus View Post
    Yes, it theoretically could stop the heart, but "lack of breathing" will do it first anyway. An acquaintance of mine got bit by a BRO a few years back, while visiting that god forsaken land of yours. Barely survived because his gf (now wife) is a doctor and didn't mind giving him rescue breathing untill the ambulance arrived.
    Well, I meant that even if you got rescue breaths you might be fucked, but I haven't found anything about BROs stopping hearts yet.

8. At the office, getting paid to be on here (unofficially) Jacabon Mere's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    you have to be pretty stupid to get bitten. They are ratehr risk adverse and you really need to piss them off (treading on them does it) to get bitten.

I've only seen one in my lifetime, and i have been to the beach and gone through the rock pools many times.

9. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    There is no such thing as NRDS. There is only "fire at that ship over there," and "reload."

Fuck. I really need to check if I was replying to a post at the end of a page in the future. Whatever.

Some friend of mine got stung two months ago snorkeling off the coast of Jamaica. Word on the street had it that pissing on the sting wound would help relieve the pain.

10. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Traakile's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    So far I've come to the conclusion that Australia is a place I'll never willingly visit.
    The moon starts to look barren enough to visit, no BRO-fish out there.

11. SHADOO OUTSIDE NOW progodlegend's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    My friends laugh at me when I say I don't like swimming in the ocean, and I just look down and sigh, as it is I who will have to attend the funerals when its all said and done.

Fuck the ocean.

12. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenor Pewpew View Post
    Stuff.
    Michael Crichton used this as a way that bad guys killed off people in one of his books. Pretty BAMF creature.

13. The Mote in God's Eye Elenor Pewpew's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Wasn't that tom clancy? Well, he did it too at least. Except it was something that stopped your heart as well.
    Anyway the point of all this posting is that Aussie bogans have a saying: "Fuck Off, We're Full" and I'm doing my part to make sure no one else comes into the country

14. The Mote in God's Eye Elenor Pewpew's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Seriously it's a nice country and I haven't come close to being killed by the local flora for AT LEAST a year.

15. Go fuck yourself Frodo! Jive Turky's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I saw a group of 5-7 YO's playing in the rock pools of my local beach last year. I wandered over to see what they had found and they had a little blue ring under the water. It was happily walking over there hand then too there friends. He was P chilled out wasn’t lit up or anything. I have seen them light up though and it didn’t take too much more than what the kids were doing.

I talk to people who live in the US and the stories of Bears and Timber wolves scare me more than any land based animal in Australia no matter how many legs it has and Califonia has a huge Great white population so id say its all on par in the ocean aswell.

Of course we have sensible gun laws so that makes AU much safer.

16. God damn these electric sex pants Marivauder's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I dissaprove of this thread, because the op is a SNIPER FAGGOT

17. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Wusti's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Jive Turky View Post
    Of course we have sensible gun laws so that makes AU much safer.
    Homo Sapiens Sapiens is far and away the most dangerous critter alive.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Wusti View Post
    Homo Sapiens Sapiens is far and away the most dangerous critter alive.
    Tell that to the business end of a great white.

19. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Or a polar bear. Those things actively hunt people. Good thing in [s]America[/s] Alaska when we have a problem like that we send our kids to the bus stop with rifles to stop that shit.

20. The church of Batman the redeemer needs you
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by progodlegend View Post
    Fuck the ocean.
    The ocean is just like nullsec or lowsec. Know the rules and bring the appropriate mods and you'll be fine. HTFU nubslice. I've been stranded at 140 feet with nothing but my wits and a vaguely inquisitive tiger shark, and it ended up being no big thing. It's doable, man, don't hate on the ocean, hate on the retards that spam it.

R/P
    Power
    The ocean is 'scary' because of how fucking huge/unexplored/unmapped it is.

and stuff like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloop
    http://www.bloopwatch.org/thebloop.html

22. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezja View Post

and stuff like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloop
    http://www.bloopwatch.org/thebloop.html
    Just one of the many reasons water scares the shit out of me.

You can't tell me not to be afraid of whats in it, because factually, we have no fucking idea whats in it.

If you point to a shrub or bush, even a forest, or a large land mass, you can definitely point out whats going to be there, and whats not, yes, I understand that new life is discovered every year in different areas, but for the most part, the big shit is out there in the open, we know what it is.

There isn't a 40 foot fucking squid washing up somewhere, or a shark jawbone big enough to fit grown ass men inside:

Attachment 1980

Basically fuck you until its all well lit and I know for 100% certain everything that lives in it over the size of a small dog.

R/P
    Power
    Crap, it's the Great Old Ones snoring.

25. The Theory and Practice of Time Travel true's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

26. Naturally I finished my set Stronke's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Please keep your Klingon jibba jabba to your self True
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

R/P
    Power
    The Bloop is probably whale farts.

R/P
    Power
    Okei the whales are snoring/farting but so am I vOv no biggie. How is Delve today?

Did RAWR finally say it out loud "Fuck Delve", or are big ships moving to Kheram still business as usual?
    How is Brick taking these news? I see they had a lots of meetings yesterday...
    Goons moving to M2 to start another round in operation freeport Delve.

Interesting times ahead

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stronke View Post
    Please keep your Klingon jibba jabba to your self True
    I think H P Lovecraft is slightly less nerdy than Klingon speak, but I could be wrong

I saw on a David Attenborough, these humpback whales were hunting together.
    They made a curtain of bubbles to trap a huge shoal of fish, then one whale came up from below and blasted them with a noise that measured at 190 decibels!! to scare them to the surface

That may not be as loud as the bloop, but it's louder than a rocket taking off and fucking impressive.

30. Piper in the Woods Troll Bridgington's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    My friends laugh at me when I say I don't like swimming in the ocean, and I just look down and sigh, as it is I who will have to attend all the funerals when its all said and done.

Fuck the ocean.
    Relevant quote I came across on a forum a while back:

"FUCK the entire ocean, I swear to god. What's even worse is that there is still a ton of life down there that we have never discovered. You know why Cthulhu sleeps beneath the waves? Because fuck the ocean, that's why."

31. The Mote in God's Eye Elenor Pewpew's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Look all in all it's unlikely that you'll ever see a BRO, let alone stand on one and then come face to face with your own mortality in an extremely direct way, like being buried alive.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Fear View Post
    SNIPE!

If MM is jumping ship, are they leaving Brick to fight PL/ evoke/rdn?

Killing in lowsec is kickable.. what kind of alliance does that shit?! All it means is if you want to Hotdrop MM just park your neut in a cyno ship and wait.
    you are so cute when theorizing about what two corps are doing near provi, maybe that "dont kill things in lowsec" mail is in any way connected to this... hmmm oh wait http://mv-corp.com/kb2/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=26275 and http://mv-corp.com/kb2/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=26297

e
    vil mv is killing stuff in lowsec and people in 1dh go on barricades.

also fuck the sea, i hate jellyfish that shit makes me go all ughhhh everytime i wanna swim in the sea.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezja View Post
    This movie is totally real.

"It pains me to say it but you are a good poster." - Vonq

34. Edenfalls
    They shit our forums up something fierce, which seemed to affect their performance in fleets as well.

Not sure they would have made it.
    Are you sure about that? http://kb.overplayed.de/?a=kill_related&kll_id=4616
    o
    ur activity in fleets seem fine to me.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Edenfalls View Post
    Oh no you didn't just use kb stats.

PGL is saying your posting is bad which common knowledge suggests your pvp prowess is terrible.

36. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Traakile's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Oh no you didn't just use kb stats.

PGL is saying your posting is bad which common knowledge suggests your pvp prowess is terrible.
    All about the k/d ratio, man!
    Oh wait, ISK war.

37. Inconstant Moon Player of no importance's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    In news that should come as a surprise to noone, that PVP powerhouse of Eve, that bastion of "goodfites," Starfleet Enterprises has boldly gone where basically everyone goes when the going gets tough: the other side. I welcome the chance to get on the anticipated Fiberton super killmail at some point.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/StarFleet_Enterprises

R/P
    Power
    What alliance did they swap to? I can't access dotlan at work.

R/P
    Power
    the exalted RED.Legion

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by penifSMASH View Post
    the exalted RED.Legion
    If you can't beat them, fail at making it on your own and join them?

41. I'm Only in It for the Money Grim's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I too can't access dotlan at work, but who is Red.legion? Is that RAs renters or something?
    If you kill enough of them they stop fighting - Gen. Curtis Lemay
    Fear the KKM

R/P
    Power
    I don't think they actually rent, but they are RA pets. Own a few outposts and a bunch of sov in Detorid.

43. I have galactorrhea :(
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Player of no importance View Post
    In news that should come as a surprise to noone, that PVP powerhouse of Eve, that bastion of "goodfites," Starfleet Enterprises has boldly gone where basically everyone goes when the going gets tough: the other side. I welcome the chance to get on the anticipated Fiberton super killmail at some point.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/StarFleet_Enterprises
    foiled again...they r on 2 us

spiders

44. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Some Generally Awesome Dude's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Joining the winning side just as they start to lose.

:starfleet:

45. I have galactorrhea :(
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Market Dude View Post
    Joining the winning side just as they start to lose.

:starfleet:
    we like to think of it as a challenge

R/P
    Power
    Oh god you really just pulled that card..?

47. I'm Only in It for the Money Grim's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius A View Post
    we like to think of it as a challenge
    I challenge you to stay in an alliance for 6 months without it collapsing.
    If you kill enough of them they stop fighting - Gen. Curtis Lemay
    Fear the KKM

R/P
    Power
    Oh awesome we get to kill them again in Omist.

49. What Good Is a Glass Dagger? Ricky's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Warband View Post
    Oh awesome we get to kill them again in Omist.
    And we cant wait,

50. God damn these electric sex pants Marivauder's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by penifSMASH View Post
    I don't think they actually rent, but they are RA pets. Own a few outposts and a bunch of sov in Detorid.
    They have an article on the RA main website or something,

RED.Legion is basically just the Non-Russian wing of Red Alliance..
    Which makes them pets

Although when i first saw them take sov months ago i just assumed "Red Alliance and Legion of xxdeathxx made a joint renter alliance?"