1. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Malcanis's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Jm24 View Post
    npc regions for everybody

2. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation GreenDaemon's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    ^^ this. The lack of NPC regions & accessible jump points are probably the reasons why I dislike the east compared to the west / north so much

R/P
    Power
    Why add to inflation by adding in drone bounties? The removal of drone loots is already sending the market into full retarded mode.

CCP claims to understand that isk faucets are causing them grief in the economy. Why double down by adding bounties to drones? Now they say they have to nerf bounties across the board to balance it all out. Who's sailing this ship, Corky?

This was a perfect opportunity to attempt a new system. A test pilot for the big fix to remove the major isk faucet from the game. Instead they just dig a deeper hole in a half ass 'just nerf titan tracking' sorta way. There has to be a way to give 0.0 dwellers a significant reward without literally printing isk.

4. We're Only in It for the Money pinoyzzz's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Minerals are an ISK faucet too (via insurance)

5. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyncognito View Post
    Why add to inflation by adding in drone bounties? The removal of drone loots is already sending the market into full retarded mode.

CCP claims to understand that isk faucets are causing them grief in the economy. Why double down by adding bounties to drones? Now they say they have to nerf bounties across the board to balance it all out. Who's sailing this ship, Corky?

This was a perfect opportunity to attempt a new system. A test pilot for the big fix to remove the major isk faucet from the game. Instead they just dig a deeper hole in a half ass 'just nerf titan tracking' sorta way. There has to be a way to give 0.0 dwellers a significant reward without literally printing isk.
    tbh, the new bounties will make the space popular with people who dont want the hassle of moving mins to make their money. I imagine there will be wars over that space now. ISK sink through losses and more content potential.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyzzz View Post
    Minerals are an ISK faucet too (via insurance)
    Thats very true indeed Mr.Pinoyzzz.

7. This is harsh. Evaluate me Farham's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Boy, Xdeath sure looks rather brilliant picking when he did to just up and empty the vault then leave the drone regions.

Just hanging around yo.

8. Sigs are too damn expensive. Elo's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    farham come back

9. This is harsh. Evaluate me Farham's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Elo View Post
    farham come back
    Maybe someday...for now young hipster, you will have to lead the revolution.
    Just hanging around yo.

10. Sigs are too damn expensive. Elo's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    please

11. Sigs are too damn expensive. Elo's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    YOU CAN JOIN MY CORP

12. The Alien Mind
    R/P
    Power
    After the insurance changes from a year ago or so (the one where it uses market data), I can't imagine anyone would use insurance as a way to convert minerals to ISK these days. It's simply too easy to just compress them and move them to highsec to sell. The price difference (especially now) between hull amd insurance just seems way too big for anyone to do that.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyncognito View Post

They're adding drone bounties, and they're reducing bounty payouts in general by 10%, and incursions are getting a nerf as well. vOv
    Turning pretend colourblind angels from spaceship to madship samurais, one post at a time.

14. The Alien Mind
    R/P
    Power
    I remember hearing somewhere (can't remember where :mystery that Covetors will have their skill reqs reduced to lvl 4 for mining barges. This may end up making a huge difference in high sec mining as it damn near halves the required training time and may encourage more players to take up mining on alt accounts. To be honest I would probably train my station trader to do it since I could do it while managing orders.

R/P
    Power
    Also if you notice the top bounty for the biggest drone is only 1.5 mil, and theres only 2 drones worth over 1 million each. Most are 900k or under. Peregrin Falls gets removed as king shit region and is relegated to 2nd best drone region with a high concentration of .5 and .6 systems, both capable of supporting 3 ratting supers (2 titans and a supercarrier/bs combo). The Spire moves up in place to have the most high true sec in the drone regions.

Theres also a chance they iterate on it and add a small NPC pocket and proper officers for them with their sudden love for new mods and shit.

Also somebody told me theres no mexallon in the DR, which is pretty funny, but overall I think this makes the DR slightly more desirable, because the of living there just went way down.

16. Adjustment Team
    R/P
    Power
    There are also regular asteroids in your former overlords home area you know

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fluidvoid View Post
    There are also regular asteroids in your former overlords home area you know
    Yea idk, thats why i put the 'somebody told me' bit, im not sure what they mean, maybe none of the belt roids are the mex type, im fucking clueless, for once, maybe you know more than me.

R/P
    Power
    i was a miner for a few weeks, had a sick mining maelstrom.
    Mfume Apocal - Origin. - Black Legion.

19. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Quesa's Avatar
    Taking wagers on Soho's return to custody.
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Miner-Rokh pilots unite.

20. The Empire never ended July's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Mfume View Post
    i was a miner for a few weeks, had a sick mining maelstrom.
    I never understood why people mine in a battleship when they could be running missions with them instead.
    [URL="http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=12609601"][ 2012.03.02 08:32:51 ] Kurth Ren > whereas love squad avoids any engagement that is not a onesided curbstomp[/URL]
    [URL="http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=11888507"][ 2012.03.02 08:34:08 ] Kurth Ren > but you are literally arguing with the inventor of broski, you aren't going to win a debate about broski history with me[/URL]
    [URL="http://unidan.net/killboard/?a=kill_related&kll_id=1876"][ 2012.03.02 08:40:48 ] Kurth Ren > it's filled with bitter faggots who would rather be slaves to finns and run at the first sign of a fight then go on ops[/URL]

21. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee? Della Monk's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Because they've already been skilling for mining and gotten used to it as a source of income at that point? It's not like people say 'oh man all my missioning isk can finally get me a battleship, time to mine!', they lack pretty much any of the skills for the guns and shit.
    K(awaii)ugu(u)tsumen

22. God damn these electric sex pants Marivauder's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by July View Post
    I never understood why people mine in a battleship when they could be running missions with them instead.

It's the next big thing

23. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Marivauder View Post
    It's the next big thing
    It's actually as retro as can be. Apoc-mining used to be profitable... once... a very long time ago.
    Monkeys killing monkeys killing monkeys over places of the ground.
    Silly monkeys, give them thumbs, they make a club and beat their brothers down.

The universe is hostile, so impersonal: Devour to survive - So it is, so it's always been!

24. Impostor
    R/P
    Power
    Our pilots are used to being dumped on by CCP.

The region has zero tech moons. The SC nerfs kept most of our SCs from belt-ratting (THANK GOD!). Now this. More to deal with. But still nothing insurmountable.

Regardless, IRC (as the exclusive dweller in CE) will move on.

Oldma has run Alliances in other bounty spaces that were not "prime" and done well for our pilots. This is nothing new for us. And though our pilots aren't thrilled with these prospective changes . . . . It’s just another day in the CCP salt-mine.

Our guys seem to be surviving. We will continue to put up fleets. RZR / CFC (increasingly separate entities) seem to like coming into our spaces daily and our pilots legitimately seem to like fighting them (good practice for them and our FCs). Without us, RZR / CFC would have to jump 20-30 jumps for their first red and vice-versa.

These impacts aren’t material enough to change our culture.

TL/DR: We’re going to adjust just like everyone else.

25. Big slab'a Prussian wurst Malaclypse's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Axexut View Post
    Our pilots are used to being dumped on by CCP.

The region has zero tech moons. The SC nerfs kept most of our SCs from belt-ratting (THANK GOD!). Now this. More to deal with. But still nothing insurmountable.

Regardless, IRC (as the exclusive dweller in CE) will move on.

Oldma has run Alliances in other bounty spaces that were not "prime" and done well for our pilots. This is nothing new for us. And though our pilots aren't thrilled with these prospective changes . . . . It’s just another day in the CCP salt-mine.

Our guys seem to be surviving. We will continue to put up fleets. RZR / CFC (increasingly separate entities) seem to like coming into our spaces daily and our pilots legitimately seem to like fighting them (good practice for them and our FCs). Without us, RZR / CFC would have to jump 20-30 jumps for their first red and vice-versa.

These impacts aren’t material enough to change our culture.

TL/DR: We’re going to adjust just like everyone else.
    Will we be seeing all IRC membercorps except for AWECO being forced to set their taxes to 100% so that your little pyramid scam won't crash?
    That you already demand loot even from OOAlliance alts to be handed over is nothing new, so good for you that you're prepared for that already.
    Monkeys killing monkeys killing monkeys over places of the ground.
    Silly monkeys, give them thumbs, they make a club and beat their brothers down.

The universe is hostile, so impersonal: Devour to survive - So it is, so it's always been!

26. Impostor
    R/P
    Power
    Thank you for bringing this up Malaclypse! Sincerely.

Maybe we're doing it wrong, but we still are offering our pilots replacement ships at below Jita prices. No. Not quite a SRP. But then again, we don't have renters or a number of high-end moons to float our bills and make us rich.

I can tell you I personally have to go to shattered crystal and buy GTCs that I convert to Isk in Jita to replenish my ships and mods. And I'm HC and the head of the military. And other HCs are routinely out there ratting / mining to make their Iskies. Don't take my word: Ask any of the cloaky CFC guys who see them out there every day.

Not sure where that rumor started about us making tons.

Hell, at times I wish it were true.

27. Expendable
    R/P
    Power
    Thank you for bringing this up Malaclypse! Sincerely.

Maybe we're doing it wrong, but we still are offering our pilots replacement ships at below Jita prices. No. Not quite a SRP. But then again, we don't have renters or a number of high-end moons to float our bills and make us rich.

I can tell you I personally have to go to shattered crystal and buy GTCs that I convert to Isk in Jita to replenish my ships and mods. And I'm HC and the head of the military. And other HCs are routinely out there ratting / mining to make their Iskies. Don't take my word: Ask any of the cloaky CFC guys who see them out there every day.

Not sure where that rumor started about us making tons.

Hell, at times I wish it were true.
    So is IRC going to force their members to buy GTC's so they can buy new ships to lose in vain trying to save the leaderships baby supers?

(FYI: I doubt anyone believes that shit with you buying GTC's for that)

28. Impostor
    R/P
    Power
    Letters - you obviously have zero spies on our comms or you would know better. (one of the few)

But thank you for playing, and here's the Travel Edition of Eve so you can remember your time with us!

29. Expendable
    R/P
    Power
    Letters - you obviously have zero spies on our comms or you would know better. (one of the few)

But thank you for playing, and here's the Travel Edition of Eve so you can remember your time with us!
    Secretely hoping that you are a troll (otherwise retarded).

30. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Quesa's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    The person who says they don't have spies on their coms...
    [spoiler="my first spoiler!"]is probably the spy.[/spoiler]

31. The Indefatigable Frog Fatyn's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Despite the fact that a few industrialists seem to be getting fat playing the IRC system, it's fun space to fly in and everyone knows it. They bring gangs, and smack talk (perhaps due to low self esteem) is within acceptable boundaries. Maybe it's *because* the average grunt is poor as fuck, needs to rat to replace their last ship, and generally scratching out their meagre existence on the edge of the universe that they actually try to defend their space from roamers. This is how EVE should be folks!!

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Manfred Hideous View Post
    tbh, the new bounties will make the space popular with people who dont want the hassle of moving mins to make their money. I imagine there will be wars over that space now. ISK sink through losses and more content potential.
    Destroyed ships are an isk faucet ...

33. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Quesa's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Matos View Post
    Destroyed ships are an isk faucet ...
    Only if you can produce or acquire the ship for less than the purchase price and insurance cost. I thought mineral prices were pretty much floored at that level making the actual gain negligible. Compounds just replace the traditional ratting faucet so the change is just a shift in faucets.

...wait, what?

34. Inconstant Moon
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Quesa View Post
    Only if you can produce or acquire the ship for less than the purchase price and insurance cost. I thought mineral prices were pretty much floored at that level making the actual gain negligible. Compounds just replace the traditional ratting faucet so the change is just a shift in faucets.

...wait, what?
    Purchase price goes to another player.

So long as the money destroyed on NPC elements (factory slots, insurance cost, market fees, etc) is less than the money created by insurance payouts, more money ends up created than destroyed. And while this is mechanically different from the real world central bank model in that the monetary authority is basically everyone, the end result is roughly similar. It's the lack of a financial system that fucks everything.

Anyway, so long as income keeps pace with the rising price level -- we're gonna gloss over the details -- it's not a big deal. 2-3% inflation is perfectly normal (necessary even) for an economy growing at 3-4%. I don't know the stats on the EVE economy because the person doing it has clearly never worked in a stats bureau, or I'd be having loads of fun arguing about that sort of stuff.

35. I'm Only in It for the Money Grim's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Can someone put the time in to make a seperate thread listing all the isk sinks/faucets, so that we can link them whenever we get on this topic? Would save a lot of posting.
    If you kill enough of them they stop fighting - Gen. Curtis Lemay
    Fear the KKM

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    Yea idk, thats why i put the 'somebody told me' bit, im not sure what they mean, maybe none of the belt roids are the mex type, im fucking clueless, for once, maybe you know more than me.
    Yeah it has gotta be that or something, but you can't get mex/iso from the nullsec ABC ores anyway so vOv

The DR change will make nullsec mining profitable but it won't change the dynamic of nullsec having to import nearly everything, sadly

37. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Muhadin's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Oh look, more isk faucets for botters to take advantage of.
    Muhadin - Origin. - Black Legion.

R/P
    Power
    Unless they made trit/pyerite mining something which the alliance can do in an upgraded system, to make the act of making ships locally won't be as eyestabbingly awful and provides the alliances with either an added income source or a way to provide the shitties minerals for usage in ship replacement programs etc.
    Turning pretend colourblind angels from spaceship to madship samurais, one post at a time.

39. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee? Della Monk's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeon221 View Post
    Purchase price goes to another player.

So long as the money destroyed on NPC elements (factory slots, insurance cost, market fees, etc) is less than the money created by insurance payouts, more money ends up created than destroyed. And while this is mechanically different from the real world central bank model in that the monetary authority is basically everyone, the end result is roughly similar. It's the lack of a financial system that fucks everything.

Anyway, so long as income keeps pace with the rising price level -- we're gonna gloss over the details -- it's not a big deal. 2-3% inflation is perfectly normal (necessary even) for an economy growing at 3-4%. I don't know the stats on the EVE economy because the person doing it has clearly never worked in a stats bureau, or I'd be having loads of fun arguing about that sort of stuff.
    Am I reading this wrong or are you ignoring the opportunity costs of the minerals used in production, which are destroyed?
    K(awaii)ugu(u)tsumen

40. Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night Viribus's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Della Monk View Post
    Am I reading this wrong or are you ignoring the opportunity costs of the minerals used in production, which are destroyed?

1. That's not an opportunity cost
    2. The cost of the minerals is paid to another player, keeping the money in circulation

41. I'm Only in It for the Money Grim's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Della Monk View Post
    We arent talking about self destructing to insurance scam. you will "lose" money when your ship goes boom, but isk also enters the world in the form of insurance, technically making it a faucet.
    Fear the KKM

42. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Somebody with time, patience, and an exceeding tolerance for retards needs to make an Eveonomics thread.

R/P
    Power
    You just volunteered.

44. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee? Della Monk's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    We arent talking about self destructing to insurance scam. you will "lose" money when your ship goes boom, but isk also enters the world in the form of insurance, technically making it a faucet.
    Ah, ok. So basically how insurance transforms minerals via ships directly into isk. Yeah that makes sense.
    K(awaii)ugu(u)tsumen

45. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by tgr View Post
    You just volunteered.
    Okay, I'll write something up this weekend. It'll be technical and probably riddled with errors, but whatever.

R/P
    Power
    we don't have renters or a number of high-end moons
    Perhaps you should moons scan again?

Its my understanding that at least 1 Tech moon has been found by SOLAR, which was completely untowered by XIX. Yea, I don't get how you could live somewhere for 4 years and now probe every moon but evidently thats exactly what happened. Mabye you do have a tech moon and just haven't bothered to look.

47. I'm Only in It for the Money Grim's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix Lag View Post
    Okay, I'll write something up this weekend. It'll be technical and probably riddled with errors, but whatever.
    If you take a good hack at it I'm sure we can find someone willing to find fault with it. Once its decent we can sticky it for reference whenever people get on the topic.
    Fear the KKM

48. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Checkbox Poll's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    Perhaps you should moons scan again?

Its my understanding that at least 1 Tech moon has been found by SOLAR, which was completely untowered by XIX. Yea, I don't get how you could live somewhere for 4 years and now probe every moon but evidently thats exactly what happened. Mabye you do have a tech moon and just haven't bothered to look.
    We found a tech moon in Fountain this way.

R/P
    Power
    IRC had a surprising amount of tech moons in Tenal (that we have now taken) that somebody was certainly making bank off of

50. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Checkbox Poll's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MpozoY View Post
    IRC had a surprising amount of tech moons in Tenal (that we have now taken) that somebody was certainly making bank off of
    My money is AWECO directorate. I feel bad for the IRC grunts.