CEX.io
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Upcoming Changes: Shit that will change the gameplay in Eve Online

R/P
    Power
    Drunk N Disorderly, Late Night Alliance, Villore Accords are all alliances that are still in FW.

I don't know why this chestbeating is going on though, all the successful 0.0 alliances pretty much specialize in making the game as awful as possible to play for the other side.
    Mfume Apocal - Origin. - Black Legion.

2. The Theory and Practice of Time Travel Kitty Vintner's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Mfume View Post
    Drunk N Disorderly, Late Night Alliance, Villore Accords are all alliances that are still in FW.

I don't know why this chestbeating is going on though, all the successful 0.0 alliances pretty much specialize in making the game as awful as possible to play[s] for the other side.[/s]
    Let's not kid ourselves here

R/P
    Power
    What has happened to Officer and Faction belts rats drops. This year I have not had one decent drop like I used to which enable to pad my wallet and pvp.

I now have to participate in ISK-earning activities such as, Havens and Sanctums with a Corpy (Groupie) to make some decent isk on the ticker.

I want to log on when I have an hour or too for care-bearing and rat some solo, when the time suits me. Not have to check in Corp chat for a double act.

R/P
    Power
    nothing happened to officer spawns, you live in a cardboard box now (geminate).

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkRussian View Post
    It's a damn sight easier to defend a tech moon when you're a sov holding power bloc. I don't know the figures, but I'd wonder just how many pure low sec alliances/corps even have tech moon mining going on. My gut feeling is the figure would be pretty damn small, but you never know I suppose.
    Low sec alliances hold 0 tech moons, they might take one now and then but the sov alliances always come back. Unless you count Amamake legion as a low sec alliance, then lowsec entities are doing pretty good.

6. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Afr1can View Post
    What has happened to Officer and Faction belts rats drops. This year I have not had one decent drop like I used to which enable to pad my wallet and pvp.

I now have to participate in ISK-earning activities such as, Havens and Sanctums with a Corpy (Groupie) to make some decent isk on the ticker.

I want to log on when I have an hour or too for care-bearing and rat some solo, when the time suits me. Not have to check in Corp chat for a double act.
    Next up you're going to complain that you can't salvage other peoples' sites for enough ISK.

I don't have any sympathy for people who elect to rat belts when Incursions will pay out the ass for less effort and less risk.

7. What Good Is a Glass Dagger?
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodnovick View Post
    Low sec alliances hold 0 tech moons, they might take one now and then but the sov alliances always come back. Unless you count Amamake legion as a low sec alliance, then lowsec entities are doing pretty good.
    This would change pretty fast if you had to physically mine the moons with a ship. But then that would require player interaction and give multiple people reasons to fight over something. So that's crazy talk.

8. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Wki's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilmar Keller View Post
    I don't have any sympathy for people who elect to rat belts when Incursions will pay out the ass for less effort and less risk.
    The fact that this statement is 100% true is why Incursions are such a problem. No sane mind wants to do belt ratting when there is such an easy way to make isk. It really detracts from small gang pvp since less people are out in 0.0 which means less people to shoot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9. Super Moderator ihaveahelmet's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Next up you're going to complain that you can't salvage other peoples' sites for enough ISK.

both are , i prefer to just be poor

Quote Originally Posted by Wki View Post
    The fact that this statement is 100% true is why Incursions are such a problem. No sane mind wants to do belt ratting when there is such an easy way to make isk. It really detracts from small gang pvp since less people are out in 0.0 which means less people to shoot.
    To me, belt ratting isnt associated with isk making anymore, its only purpose is to work up a negative security status.

Richter_Belmont: under Article 14, section 88, paragraph 420 of the B0Tl0rd Accord, it says "you're gay LOL pwned"

10. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Opti's Avatar
    R/P
    Power

its hard to outdo garth telkins 4bil spacepenis

you know what they say about people from baltimore

11. How to Build a Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later El Space Mariachi's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Buff Salvaging. I want CCP to release a light, nimble T2 salvage frigate with a bonus to salvage cycle time and success rate, and a small signature, so that Kuzim Blak'yall will grace us with his presence again

No one would ever rat again, just jump in on other people's fleet fights in their salvaging frigates. The Caldari version could even be called the Magpie in keeping with the bird theme of their frigates! Can you imagine anything better than a T2 Bantam?

12. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Malcanis's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I rather like that idea

13. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. jimmychrist's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    T2 logistics destroyers with massive range bonus to small reppers.

14. I'm Only in It for the Money Grim's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I just want collisions to cause damage, and I mean serious damage. Not only would this make maneuvering and pilot skill more important, but think of the troll factor when 1 rifter rams the bridge of an avatar causing it to crash into a moonlike object and explode.
    If you kill enough of them they stop fighting - Gen. Curtis Lemay
    Fear the KKM

15. Leader of the Scandinavy Securitas's Avatar
    Oh trust me, I am more than special. I'm swedish!
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    I just want collisions to cause damage, and I mean serious damage. Not only would this make maneuvering and pilot skill more important, but think of the troll factor when 1 rifter rams the bridge of an avatar causing it to crash into a moonlight object and explode.
    100mn Stabbers ramming carriers...

16. The Ethics of Madness Iratus's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Peyote View Post
    Buff Salvaging. I want CCP to release a light, nimble T2 salvage frigate with a bonus to salvage cycle time and success rate, and a small signature, so that Kuzim Blak'yall will grace us with his presence again

No one would ever rat again, just jump in on other people's fleet fights in their salvaging frigates. The Caldari version could even be called the Magpie in keeping with the bird theme of their frigates! Can you imagine anything better than a T2 Bantam?
    This would make me a very fucking happy man.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hChYV.png[/IMG]

"Every rifter counts friend" - VR

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    I just want collisions to cause damage, and I mean serious damage. Not only would this make maneuvering and pilot skill more important, but think of the troll factor when 1 rifter rams the bridge of an avatar causing it to crash into a moonlike object and explode.
    200 Dreads jump to the same cyno, immediately explode

Everyone pretends it's an intended 'anti-blob' mechanic

R/P
    Power
    On the other hand if I could fly Pipebomb Discophoons that actually blew the fuck up when blazing into somebody and did some horrendous damage within a small AOE I'd fly one (or several) every op

19. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Securitas View Post
    100mn Stabbers ramming carriers...
    9/11cats?

20. The Ethics of Madness Iratus's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    9/11cats?
    Pearlharborcats

21. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    If it's based on mass x velocity (which it should) you can get a Rifter to over 4000 m/s and fill the cargo with 1600 plates. You'd get a whole lot more bang/buck over a cruiser hull that goes half as fast. LEMMINGCATS.

22. How to Build a Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later El Space Mariachi's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    How about making the Osprey/Exqueror/Scythe/Auguror actually have logistics bonuses instead of the mixed bag of mining upgrades and the like we currently have? I think it'd be great If they were Medium-sized variants of T2 logistics that healed quite a bit less in return for being cheap as chips. It would fit into CCP's new idea of "logical progression" of ship types, and who the fuck mines in an Osprey?

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Peyote View Post
    How about making the Osprey/Exqueror/Scythe/Auguror actually have logistics bonuses instead of the mixed bag of mining upgrades and the like we currently have? I think it'd be great If they were Medium-sized variants of T2 logistics that healed quite a bit less in return for being cheap as chips. It would fit into CCP's new idea of "logical progression" of ship types, and who the fuck mines in an Osprey?
    Lots and lots of pubbies mine in Ospreys, also mining newbies (who will be more prevalent with mineral prices) - a properly fit Osprey is a better miner than some of the dedicated hulls at a much lower skill outlay. The logistics skills tend to be SP intensive and require perfect or nearly-so capacitor, and end up being very powerful - something you want to require an expensive clone and pricy, uninsurable hull to make use of

24. How to Build a Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later El Space Mariachi's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MpozoY View Post
    Lots and lots of pubbies mine in Ospreys, also mining newbies (who will be more prevalent with mineral prices) - a properly fit Osprey is a better miner than some of the dedicated hulls at a much lower skill outlay. The logistics skills tend to be SP intensive and require perfect or nearly-so capacitor, and end up being very powerful - something you want to require an expensive clone and pricy, uninsurable hull to make use of
    How long does it take to get into a Procurer? I'm working on the assumption that it takes about 5 days, but come to think of it, I think it's more (Astrogeology's prereqs are a bitch of a train as I learnt in my formative days) - besides, you can't even fly them in the trial. I could be blasé and say "miners should just not bother" but okay, come to think of it they need to be able to mine in their trial so that if for some crazy reason they like it they can get a mining barge...

As for the points about Logistics, true, the potential for them to be too good for their class is there - but the aim wouldn't be for a cheap replacement to the Guardian/Scimitar, but for something to supplement Babby's first roams - unchanged healing rate, cap/range bonuses, medium reppers? Something to give prospective Logisticians a taster before they decide whether or not they want to skill for it intensely or commit to learning to fly Logi (admittedly, this is really geared at people who aren't in large 0.0 alliances, or want to fly logistics on small gang/unoffical ops, since the generous pay packages make flying Logi pretty attractive in nullsec entities).

I guess I'll just stick to waving the ninja salvage frigate flag

25. Super Moderator ihaveahelmet's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    An exequror with small remote reppers isn't actually THAT bad for the skill reqs and price tag, and is pretty damn easy to fit. Same goes for a similar Osprey setup, but the Scythe and Auguror are largely useless in that aspect.

Richter_Belmont: under Article 14, section 88, paragraph 420 of the B0Tl0rd Accord, it says "you're gay LOL pwned"

26. How to Build a Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later El Space Mariachi's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by ihaveahelmet View Post
    An exequror with small remote reppers isn't actually THAT bad for the skill reqs and price tag, and is pretty damn easy to fit. Same goes for a similar Osprey setup, but the Scythe and Auguror are largely useless in that aspect.
    The Auguror is a fucking abomination

27. The Alien Mind
    R/P
    Power
    The proposed changes to Tech (IE ring mining) makes zero fucking sense to me. The problem with moon minerals isn't so much that Tech is so valuable, it's the fact that everything else is so worthless. Ring mining may lower the value of Tech but it will completely decimate the value of the other products, meaning that even fewer moons will be of interest to players. The real problem with Tech was identified within what, weeks (maybe even hours) after the dominion annnouncements? And yet CCP has never just owned up to the fact that the T2 production tree is severely problematic in design and needs to be tweaked.

And what a difference that would make. If CCP did a proper overhaul of the T2 tree they could easily make all of the "worthless" moons (IE all but three) out there worth the effort to mine. And the result of that? People would be interested in low-sec again. After the fuel block patch me and my corp mates went around through a TON of low-sec looking for off-lined towers that had reactions/silos on them to kill. Flying through Molden Heath made me think of fucking Detroit. Every system had like 5 offlined towers that had been abandoned years ago and that was IT. No one gave a flying fuck about them. But if you turned those into something that made a decent profit you would see those areas filled with players. And you could do all of this while still maintaining Tech as the dominant "uber-goo" that is valuable enough to start a war.

I mean....I do NOT understand why this is so difficult for CCP to figure out. Instead they try to fix the Tech issue through retarded ideas like this "ring mining" bullshit and they try to make lowsec interesting through this FW crap. And for the most part they fail spectacularly in both cases.

Edit: And fwiw the datacore argument is fucking retarded as well seeing as the single largest way to passively earn ISK in EvE is to farm characters. Have fun removing that shit.

28. Expendable
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by hellkyte View Post
    The proposed changes to Tech (IE ring mining) makes zero fucking sense to me. The problem with moon minerals isn't so much that Tech is so valuable, it's the fact that everything else is so worthless. Ring mining may lower the value of Tech but it will completely decimate the value of the other products, meaning that even fewer moons will be of interest to players. The real problem with Tech was identified within what, weeks (maybe even hours) after the dominion annnouncements? And yet CCP has never just owned up to the fact that the T2 production tree is severely problematic in design and needs to be tweaked.

And what a difference that would make. If CCP did a proper overhaul of the T2 tree they could easily make all of the "worthless" moons (IE all but three) out there worth the effort to mine. And the result of that? People would be interested in low-sec again. After the fuel block patch me and my corp mates went around through a TON of low-sec looking for off-lined towers that had reactions/silos on them to kill. Flying through Molden Heath made me think of fucking Detroit. Every system had like 5 offlined towers that had been abandoned years ago and that was IT. No one gave a flying fuck about them. But if you turned those into something that made a decent profit you would see those areas filled with players. And you could do all of this while still maintaining Tech as the dominant "uber-goo" that is valuable enough to start a war.

I mean....I do NOT understand why this is so difficult for CCP to figure out. Instead they try to fix the Tech issue through retarded ideas like this "ring mining" bullshit and they try to make lowsec interesting through this FW crap. And for the most part they fail spectacularly in both cases.

Edit: And fwiw the datacore argument is fucking retarded as well seeing as the single largest way to passively earn ISK in EvE is to farm characters. Have fun removing that shit.

To me this just looks like more structures in space instead of more pilots which is what the ultimate goal should be. Even if you distribute the value of moons you still end up with the same power blocks gobbling up those moon resources. Ring mining may not be perfect either but it's at least an attempt to put more pilots in space.

R/P
    Power
    doublepost

30. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Quesa's Avatar
    Taking wagers on Soho's return to custody.
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by rottenb View Post
    To me this just looks like more structures in space instead of more pilots which is what the ultimate goal should be. Even if you distribute the value of moons you still end up with the same power blocks gobbling up those moon resources. Ring mining may not be perfect either but it's at least an attempt to put more pilots in space.
    I agree with this sentiment.

Passive ISK generation hopefully will be phased out soon and you'll have to rely on active methods. Moon-goo is to easy to convert to ISK and only the most powerful entities hold the vast majority of them.

31. The Ethics of Madness Iratus's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Quesa View Post
    I agree with this sentiment.

Passive ISK generation hopefully will be phased out soon and you'll have to rely on active methods. Moon-goo is to easy to convert to ISK and only the most powerful entities hold the vast majority of them.
    That seems to be the plan, so far, with the upcoming changes to datacores and all.

32. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Kevin's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I hope they don't completely destroy passive isk generation. Especially if the mineral side of things shoot back up, the average line soldier/random dude in a cane is going to have to pay a lot more for his boat, and that means he's going to have to earn a lot more. I'd rather him out roaming and getting blown up than having to spend twice the time grinding isk.

Tech is a different conversation, there's nothing 'average line soldier' about tech, though.

33. The Alien Mind
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by rottenb View Post
    The power blocks won't go after the resources because they will be too difficult to maintain for too little reward. Consider the current state of Dyspro and and Neo. Do Goons or PL or AA go out of their way to conquer all of the moons in EvE? I don't see any positive effects from Ring Mining other than a reduction in the value of Tech, and balancing that vs the deleterious effects it would have to all of the other "low ends" (ie non-Tech) completely negates the value as it would result in Tech being the only moon in EvE that is worth mining.

As for putting pilots in space....fuck me I hate that sentiment. There's a certain point where pilots need to take some responsibility on their own shoulders for actually playing the game.

34. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Quesa's Avatar
    Taking wagers on Soho's return to custody.
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by hellkyte View Post
    The power blocks won't go after the resources because they will be too difficult to maintain for too little reward. Consider the current state of Dyspro and and Neo. Do Goons or PL or AA go out of their way to conquer all of the moons in EvE? I don't see any positive effects from Ring Mining other than a reduction in the value of Tech, and balancing that vs the deleterious effects it would have to all of the other "low ends" (ie non-Tech) completely negates the value as it would result in Tech being the only moon in EvE that is worth mining.

As for putting pilots in space....fuck me I hate that sentiment. There's a certain point where pilots need to take some responsibility on their own shoulders for actually playing the game.
    It actually could promote PvP/Indy partnerships for 0.0, increasing the population in null - for which I'd be agreeable too.

35. The Indefatigable Frog
    R/P
    Power
    Get rid of POS moon mining. Make moon miners a titan-only module. You want tech, go mine it with your titan. You want to interdict someone else's tech? Go camp the damn moon. Gives post-nerf titans a new role. Lots of capital pvp. Won't stop folks from dropping POS on a tech moon with the appropriate moon goo refining gear. But only active players get to suck on the moon goo jew juice tech titty. Also risk vs reward.

36. The Alien Mind
    R/P
    Power
    Yeah, because that will open up access to more pilots/alliances. Sometimes I am glad that CCP doesn't listen to their customers.

37. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Kevin's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Thats a terrible idea

38. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Opti's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    this game is a sandbox

who the fuck do you think you are presuming that your pvp must trump everything else

get out mah face

39. This is harsh. Evaluate me
    R/P
    Power
    I think any boost that makes it a lot easier to catch ratters should be accompanied by a boost in isk/hr in nullsec. Ideally the boost should be in a way that encourages pvp.

Maybe introduce a new type of pve content in nullsec that requires multiple players to run but can only be left via a gate that takes a while to spool up or something. The rewards from the site should be tuned so it's worth the risk of running the site, and you know you might loose some ships to a roaming gang from time to time.

40. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Slycat View Post
    I think any boost that makes it a lot easier to catch ratters should be accompanied by a boost in isk/hr in nullsec. Ideally the boost should be in a way that encourages pvp.

Maybe introduce a new type of pve content in nullsec that requires multiple players to run but can only be left via a gate that takes a while to spool up or something. The rewards from the site should be tuned so it's worth the risk of running the site, and you know you might loose some ships to a roaming gang from time to time.
    I call bullshit. Here's what this 'new type of pve content in nullsec' is called: Sanctums. You pretty much won't run them solo anymore unless you're in a capital, and I see no reason why PVE thannies/nyxes/titans need protection against roaming gangs.

You can argue that ratters aren't abundant in 0.0 anymore because the high-sec payouts are greater, but arguing that the solution is to buff nullsec payouts completely ignores the absurd isk-shitting prowess of highsec incursions and L4s. Nullsec ratting only has to be valuable by comparison.

R/P
    Power
    You just described incursions. I'm not sure if that's the joke or not.

42. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex
    R/P
    Power
    I think any boost that makes it a lot easier to catch ratters should be accompanied by a boost in isk/hr in nullsec.
    Angel missions are already nearing 150mil/h, probably more if you're going to really minmax aka. dualbox Noctis for looting tags. Spiraling up the income further is retarded.
    I'm actually pretty content with what CCP is doing - nerfing highsec incursions a slight bit (i think?) + putting some pressure on bots. P happy about the bot sweep, so i dont have to scan the same 30 courier-mission bots when suicideganking.
    Maybe sometime we'll see a 0.0 where more than 20% of the map is populated by actual players.

43. I have galactorrhea :( Setrof's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I said "given a method that would guarantee a successfull kill". Now since that is as unspecific and abstract as it gets I don't understand how do you niggers know it still wouldn't be enough.
    But hey, what are we even talking about here. If we wanna hurt the bears, we kick them out of their space which ain't done with small gang or solo stuff. The game is how it is and it's not wrong (
    as you might have made yourself believe) just because it's less forthcoming to your desired playstyle.

44. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Setrof View Post
    I said "given a method that would guarantee a successfull kill". Now since that is as unspecific and abstract as it gets I don't understand how do you niggers know it still wouldn't be enough.
    How dare we try to understand your advanced grasp of the English language. Forgive me, good sir; I know not what I have done.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post
    Maybe sometime we'll see a 0.0 where more than 20% of the map is populated by actual players.
    You'd need a single, coalition-sized, mega-alliance crammed into a tiny region like Fade for that to happen.

46. This is harsh. Evaluate me
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Mfume View Post
    You just described incursions. I'm not sure if that's the joke or not.
    If I'm running an incursion in nullsec and a roaming gang jumps in they are guaranteed at least a partial fight before I can leave the site?
    That's not my understanding of how it works.

The point is from my experience catching people in nullsec in regular sites or incursion sites requires them to be dumb, or requires silly mechanics like logging of a cloaked ship in the site (even then its touch and go).

47. Adjustment Team
    R/P
    Power
    If I'm running an incursion in nullsec and a roaming gang jumps in they are guaranteed at least a partial fight before I can leave the site?
    Lots of the incursion rats have tackle* and most of those that do are left alive when blitzing because you don't have to kill them to complete the site (once the site is completed, all of the remaining rats warp off). If you get the drop on your targets just as they're starting a site, they're unlikely to be able to kill off all the tackling rats before you make your entrance, so they'll have to either warp out and leave a few of their own to die or stay and fight.

* They're also better at spreading points than some gangs I've been in.
    [I]spherical monkey fears and envies[/I]

48. What Good Is a Glass Dagger?
    R/P
    Power
    Holy shit there's people who think "Warp to 15km" was a good game mechanic. Derp.

49. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubutai View Post
    Lots of the incursion rats have tackle* and most of those that do are left alive when blitzing because you don't have to kill them to complete the site (once the site is completed, all of the remaining rats warp off). If you get the drop on your targets just as they're starting a site, they're unlikely to be able to kill off all the tackling rats before you make your entrance, so they'll have to either warp out and leave a few of their own to die or stay and fight.

* They're also better at spreading points than some gangs I've been in.
    Not to mention Incursion fits != PVP fits, nobody bothers fitting a prop mod. This is of course assuming you can get your tackle/gang into the warp gate before the enemy gang realizes they're about to get majorly fuxxored.

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    You see it dawned on me. We're approaching this issue in a whole wrong way. CCP needs numbers. EVE is a numbers game. Ratters, miners, incursioners, ect approach CCP was xxisk/hr figures. That's what we need to approach CCP with in our proposed plans to fight them. I want to make xxisk/hr hunting these people, now make it happen.