Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Best/Worst things about Fanfest 2012

1. Banned
    R/P
    Power

2. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Aurora148's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    those were just mockups from Torfi's eve future presentation, its just to show the direction they want to go in.

3. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Tyrrax Thorrk's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by White Tree View Post
    Assuming left to right, top to bottom, the last 5 are alternates.
    no there's only 7 non-alternates this time (everyone in the lower row is an alternate)
    [URL]http://eve.klaki.net/heist/[/URL]

R/P
    Power
    Luckily core members of CSM6 like Mittens, Two Step, Trebor, Seleene, and Elise will remain. Dovi will certainly have a say, as the role of the alternates is not irrelevant. I have high hopes that more good work will come out of CSM7. I was unhappy that Prom didn't get at least an alternate spot, as both he and myself were the most ferocious 'Balancing' candidates. I might attempt to run for an alternate spot on CSM8 depending on how I feel about whether or not balancing gets neglected during CSM7, but I doubt it will be.
    prom was unlucky in a few ways, a lot of guys that would've voted for him went with fon or leboe instead. otoh, he would occasionally go out and piss off his whole base, so that might've hurt his chances too.
    Mfume Apocal - Origin. - Black Legion.

5. Impostor
    R/P
    Power
    Just found this after idly searching for fanfest coverage:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...uicidal-player

Will there be any come back from this does anyone think?

6. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Tyrrax Thorrk's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    definitely not
    [URL]http://eve.klaki.net/heist/[/URL]

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Feryl View Post

Oh shit you guys are dead irl

R/P
    Power
    Since they proposed the changes to FW we've been debating if they'll be good or bad. One of the biggest influx into FW is null-sec players who are tired of sov grinding and the like, and now they're introducing these "wonderful" i-Hubs to FW. They say they'll be different, but knowing CCP no one will be surprised if by different they'll mean "even more boring".

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Feryl View Post

Its fucking stupid that anybody should expect anybody to be nice to somebody who's talking about killing themselves.

Fuck you the worlds over populated, end your fucking self and make space for the next maggot.

10. The church of Batman the redeemer needs you
    R/P
    Power
    The best thing about Fanfest 2012 is the explosion of shrieking, hysterical pubbies who just watched the alliance leader panel on YouTube and are demanding that CCP launch an investigation into Mittani's UNACCEPTABLE, IMMORAL and DISGUSTING presentation. Ten threads on the EO General Discussion forums and more going up all the time.

R/P
    Power
    Tbh a handful of big gaming media sites are now covering it. I'm not sure how CCP will react to it, they've launched an 'investigation', I think? Or whatever? I didn't watch the panel myself so I don't care. But this could sort of escalate, hopefully it won't.

12. The Idiot Bastard Son Kanloch's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Thing is media and CCP are more likely to jump on the band wagon than defend mittens; whether something comes of it remains to be seen. Though it'll probably be funny either way.

13. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Checkbox Poll's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    If mittens ends up getting dethroned over this the pubbies have truly won.

14. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex zero's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I have to use the ccp suicide hotline every time I lose a t2 cruiser.

R/P
    Power
    If Mittens gets in IRL trouble for anything it should be for dying on his arse with that dreadful "performance"

You are NOT FUNNY, god damm

16. Prencleeve Grothsmore
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco, Alexander Gianturco,

R/P
    Power
    Its probably not doing the game any favors, but then again, I don't really care if people who get so upset about such a thing join the game or not. vOv

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjggg50 View Post
    annnoying spam
    you know when the csm voting was up it says people real names.

19. Prencleeve Grothsmore
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by anzoxe View Post
    you know when the csm voting was up it says people real names.
    Hence why I refer to him by his real name.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjggg50 View Post
    Hence why I refer to him by his real name.
    so you just spam his name?

a true sign of affection

21. What Good Is a Glass Dagger? Adri's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    the reality is that the sandbox is amoral. you don't have to like it, but

reality owns
    This post happily existed in all possible states before you observed it. Now it has collapsed into a single state.

I hope you're satisfied, fuckwad

22. Former Former Community Manager and Former Chief Senior Analyst Vinata's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    If you were a true Mittens fan you would also recognize him by the name Alexander Agincourt.
    ?"eve's a bad mmo, really bad, it's only saving grace is the people playing it, which i guess doesn't say great things about the people playing other MMOs"

23. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    We should have a LARPing contest between Mittens and Prencleeve. To the death. Winner gets control of Eve Online.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrrax Thorrk View Post
    Assuming left to right, top to bottom, the last 5 are alternates.
    no there's only 7 non-alternates this time (everyone in the lower row is an alternate)
    Actually, I think the "new" CSM model is that all 14 are delegates, but only the top seven make the trip to Iceland.

25. We're Only in It for the Money pinoyzzz's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    CCP now have a cost-benefit analysis to do, politically speaking.

Is Mittani's positive publicity of Eve on Ten Ton Hammer, and publicity via surrogates on SA worth the negative publicity this is generating, not only for the CCP employees on stage but also the Eve fanbase that attended fanfest? Some people will likely generalize fanfest attendees to the Eve playerbase. For a MMO known for being harsh, this only reinforces that perception. Remember, this is also all on video and looks very bad to anyone outside the culture.

Since this story seems to be spreading wildly now, Mitanni may be done. CCP is getting some attention right now in the broader gaming media for DUST and can't afford this to be part of the story. On the other hand, getting rid of Mittani only and not punishing the CCP employees on stage may only generate more negative publicity.

In the end, it all depends on how much press this story gets in the next few days and if any of it is linked with DUST.

R/P
    Power
    Somebody neg repped me for not taking pity on potential suicide attention seeking cocksuckers, showing that there is at least one straight up bitch on these forums.

27. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Ugh, really? One Giacomo-whatever-the-fuck-his-name-is is more than enough.

28. Monalisa Overdrive Phineas Freak's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinata View Post
    If you were a true Mittens fan you would also recognize him by the name Alexander Agincourt.
    i refer to him by "A Relaxant Ice Ground" but yours looks better on a signet ring. even more when mirrored on a forehead.

edit: worrying about what happened on a stage during a nerd convention? one word: steve ballmer.

29. This is harsh. Evaluate me
    R/P
    Power
    I'll repeat what I said on jabber. The problem isn't The Mittani it's a lack of organizational control at fanfest. You have people getting shitblasted up on stage doing Jagerbombs, shots, and drinking games. What the fuck do you think is going to happen?

CCP tries to come off as a "players' staff" where they want to be your friends since they also play the game where they needed to be the "parents" and put some stricter guidelines in place.

This sets a dangerous precedent for future scamming if action is taken. Get scammed for 500m? File a petition and threaten to kill yourself. It's quite out there as a possibility but you know people are all about the easiest path to a solution not the smartest.

R/P
    Power
    CCP could make it part of the noob guide to at least google the fucking peeps that are trying to recruit you.

31. What Good Is a Glass Dagger? Adri's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    hey guise! let's mix together a potential suicide, a bunch of ruthless sadistic motherfuckers, and a lot of booze, and stream it over the internet! what could possibly go wrong?
    This post happily existed in all possible states before you observed it. Now it has collapsed into a single state.

I hope you're satisfied, fuckwad

32. "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by aryndel vyst View Post
    I'll repeat what I said on jabber. The problem isn't The Mittani it's a lack of organizational control at fanfest. You have people getting shitblasted up on stage doing Jagerbombs, shots, and drinking games. What the fuck do you think is going to happen?

This tbh. it's one thing getting drunk and having fun at night at pub with friends from in-game, but getting wasted on presentations where hundreds of ppl are watching you is kinda lame. Would expect it from high school kids.

33. The Theory and Practice of Time Travel Kitty Vintner's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Nothing's gonna happen, the guy would need to actually kill himself for this to properly blow up.

34. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Wildside's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    alliance leaders should beat eachother up in orginized 1 on 1 fights at fanfest.(I vote for mma rules, tho guess boxing could work if ppl are cowards) Would make good(and free) entertainment.
    ------------------------------------
    "God created the world in seven days, in a smaller, but no less impressive gesture, I destroyed HTA in 5"
    Grath

Mr Blue / Twisted girl /Stripperella - SNIGG - PL

35. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CCP Wrangler
    EVE is not designed to look like a cold, dark, unforgiving world. It's designed to BE a cold, dark, unforgiving world.
    Sounds like just the game for a depressed and potentially suicidal person to play.

36. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Some Generally Awesome Dude's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I'm starting to think he might be fucked here. Not convinced at all, but I'm definitely not just brushing it off anymore.

When I look at it from the viewpoint of Joe Reads the First Paragraph and Forms an Opinion, it looks really fucking bad. CCP isn't going to go to bat over this one if it hits wider media than massively (rofl), they're just gonna hang him.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Yobdab View Post
    This tbh. it's one thing getting drunk and having fun at night at pub with friends from in-game, but getting wasted on presentations where hundreds of ppl are watching you is kinda lame. Would expect it from high school kids.
    Go fuck yourself dickhead, its a fucking video game space ship vacation, if it means more than that to you than get fucking therapy.

Jesus christ you fucking waste of flesh, how can one fucking human be so god damn bunged the fuck up that you cant see how going to iceland and getting drunk on stage talking about internet spaceships isn't something fun, then perhaps its you that should actually go fucking kill yourself.

38. "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    Go fuck yourself dickhead, its a fucking video game space ship vacation, if it means more than that to you than get fucking therapy.

Jesus christ you fucking waste of flesh, how can one fucking human be so god damn bunged the fuck up that you cant see how going to iceland and getting drunk on stage talking about internet spaceships isn't something fun, then perhaps its you that should actually go fucking kill yourself.
    You sound like a high school kid also, chill lol

R/P
    Power
    Thread: Best/Worst things about...
    you got some issues, son

Man up you closet pussies, which ones of you are seriously riding the "oh we should take pitty on the faggot that doesn't want to live" train.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Adri View Post
    hey guise! let's mix together a potential suicide, a bunch of ruthless sadistic motherfuckers, and a lot of booze, and stream it over the internet! what could possibly go wrong?
    Lasts year panel was much better, almost the same guys. Just better content and half the alcohol consumed.

41. We're Only in It for the Money pinoyzzz's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    Man up you closet pussies, which ones of you are seriously riding the "oh we should take pitty on the faggot that doesn't want to live" train.
    hi

42. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. jimmychrist's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Drink is the curse of the working classes

43. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Malcanis's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    On the one hand: anyone who thinks that mittens genuinely did something ~evil~ here should genuinely kill themselves because jesus fucking christ

On the other hand: someone who's been smugging so god damb hard about what a genius space ~puppetmaster~ politician they are shouldn't have been so fucking dumb

44. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Some Generally Awesome Dude's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    On the one hand: anyone who thinks that mittens genuinely did something ~evil~ here should genuinely kill themselves because jesus fucking christ

On the other hand: someone who's been smugging so god damb hard about what a genius space ~puppetmaster~ politician they are shouldn't have been so fucking dumb
    lol i think that more or less sums up my feelings

45. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Malcanis's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmychrist View Post
    Drink is the curse of the working classes
    The proper form of that is: Work is the curse of the Drinking classes

Sidenote:

If with the literate I am
    Impelled to try an epigram,
    I never seek to take the credit;
    We all assume that Oscar said it.

- Dorothy Parker

R/P
    Power
    BH if you wanted to end your life I'd actually start mailing you supplies to get the job done right.

Thread: Best/Worst things about...
    Go fuck yourself dickhead, its a fucking video game space ship vacation, if it means more than that to you than get fucking therapy. -take your own advice faggot

Whoever you are, I hope somebody close to you took their own life.

It was probably because your such a fucking cunt and they just couldn't take it anymore.

47. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. jimmychrist's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    PL brought the titan nerf upon themselves by abusing their powers

R/P
    Power

A shining goodpost in another awfulshit thread.

49. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Malcanis's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmychrist View Post
    PL brought the titan nerf upon themselves by abusing their powers
    Actually I now think that the spacegeniuses of PL predicted how bad the Titan problem would be way back in 2009 and, in their own inimitable style, decided to ensure that the problem would be fixed.

50. We're Only in It for the Money pinoyzzz's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Schadenfreude.

This was bound to happen to someone with that ego. Mittens is literally Anthony Weiner.