CEX.io
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

League of legends-- hella fun, free and the acronym is LoL :D

1. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Arrador's Avatar
    Perrigrin, tenerifis, immensea, fucked if I know
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinata View Post
    I've been pushed back to the Nexus with one of the Nexus towers destroyed, and then we wiped the enemy team while our entire team was alive. We then pushed mid hard and destroyed their Nexus before they respawned.
    This.

Also, if you want a chance to come from behind, you'll need to understand that some characters have 'expiration' dates as the game progresses. Based on your team comp, you either need the game to be over at the 25-30 min mark, or you need to hold out longer.

Pantheon is a classic example of a char who has a fantastic early/mid game. Early Phage+brutalizer and start roaming. But as the game continues, his viability falls off into just utilizing his W as an initiate. And Support chars are a must. I play Janna, and over the weekend I think I won 8 straight games with her and always coming from behind and down on towers. And it wasn't a 5vs5 premade, just me and 1 other dude.

After you save you're teamates from certain death a couple times, they tend to stick around you and so you can lead the team a bit.
    [Arrador] possesses a considerable understanding of ship configurations, strengths and weakness. He gives clear and purposeful instructions, is good at taking advantage of the fleet-composition he's dealt, and never loses sight of the main goal: fun. This, paired with an excellent tolerance for strong drink gives him an almost Churchillian capability to win, despite being completely pissed on booze most of the fleet operation.

2. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Arrador's Avatar
    Perrigrin, tenerifis, immensea, fucked if I know
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakhodit View Post
    So Full AP runes or what?
    Unless you are getting the per/lvl runes or percentage runes, rune pages start having diminishing returns around lvl 9-11. Also depends on your first item builds and mastery orders.

Just guesstimating, never played teemo. I'd think you'd want marks of magic pen, and glyphs of either CDR/AP/Mana. Dunno about the seals, Teemo is too small of a char for me to play, I end up losing myself in the teamfights and I generally suck balls as ranged characters. :P
    [Arrador] possesses a considerable understanding of ship configurations, strengths and weakness. He gives clear and purposeful instructions, is good at taking advantage of the fleet-composition he's dealt, and never loses sight of the main goal: fun. This, paired with an excellent tolerance for strong drink gives him an almost Churchillian capability to win, despite being completely pissed on booze most of the fleet operation.

3. Slowly Dying Like Dried Grapes Vonqueesha Shenaynay's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    So I had typed up a whole thing for zak but accidentally left the page so I lost it all.

I guess I'll just tl;dr it.

90% of games are lost before teamfights even begin. When people give up, its done. I mean, yeah if you're pushed all the way to base at 25 minutes it's probably about done but depending on what's going on it's always possible for a comeback. Most of the time, all that's needed for a good comeback is to last until late game, when you can farm enough to counter with item builds and allow those awesome late game champs to shine.

Basically no not believin.
    [B]I PAID 25 EUROS FOR A SIG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SHITTY TROLL ATTEMPT[/B]

4. Super Moderator ihaveahelmet's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    SURRENDER @ 20 ERRYDAY

@Zak: I think Traakile's link to the guide by TheRainMan is your best bet. A tanky-ish AS/on-hit build seems to be what most Teemos I see doing, and it's effective enough. Just keep in mind that you can't basically dump him vs any other champ and expect to do well: he may be annoying with his poison, shrooms and blinds, but his range is very short and he's squishy as fuck. He'll do best against melee champs that mostly rely on their auto-attacks. Tryndamere pisses you off? Not with Teemo he won't!

Richter_Belmont: under Article 14, section 88, paragraph 420 of the B0Tl0rd Accord, it says "you're gay LOL pwned"

5. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Traakile's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Inspired by the Teemo related posting I unlocked him yesterday and tried TheRainMans build and ended up going something along the lines of 10/3/12 in the first 20 minutes. Lategame I just splitpushed and even managed to kite their whole team through half of their jungle filled with my shrooms, ending in a spectacular ace at dragon.
    I think I'll be getting a lot of shit from the guys I play with for having bought Teemo.

Edit: it was a trynd janna lane against a teemo riven one.

Edit2: For anyone wondering about runes as far as I know per lvl ones are better (my experience is with manaregen runes) @ around lvl 6-8 compared to the flat value ones. (I can't quote any sources, pulling numberes out of my ass)

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrador View Post
    Teemo is too small of a char for me to play, I end up losing myself in the teamfights and I generally suck balls as ranged characters. :P
    Yeah, team fights turn into "Where's Waldo" er... Teemo. When chaos begins I can hear Teemo spitting poison darts faster than a Miner 49er but with all the animations I loose track of the furry little shit and when it's all said and done where once there was a Teemo remains only a mashed camouflaged smear.

Although I did get lucky one fight when I showed up the chaos had already started. Noting that I had been a Bad Teemo with three mushrooms stacked up I popped my W and circled the wagons dropping my 'shrooms. When the enemy realized they were losing, they scattered like mice, right into my trap.

Triple kill with Teemo. (Stolen, but Triple kill none the less.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vonqueesha Shenaynay View Post
    So I had typed up a whole thing for zak but accidentally left the page so I lost it 90% of games are lost before teamfights even begin. When people give up, its done... ...Basically no not believin.
    Oh I don't give up. My gaming philosophy has always been: If you can't do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly. I don't have an issue with losing. I'm 35, bald, and ugly. But my wife is smoking hot and lets me play video games all the time. I've won life so I can pretty much lose all the video games in the world and be good with it.

What does get me angry is when I'm playing with someone who flips out as if the world is ending becaue the game is lost. OR when some neck beardy E-penis starts blaming every other player/factor/phase of the moon/amount of bellybutton lint as the reason they lost. Not that, ya know, they may not be as 1337 as they think. Fuck that noise.

The only point I was trying to make is the further ahead the other team gets in kills AKA gold and build, the harder it is to come back. But if they draw out the game so they can stack a bunch of kills. While they fart around and HUEHUEHUE in local you catch up and even out the ~isk war~ as it were, when then Comebacks are possible. (So I've been told by players with more experince than myself.)

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveahelmet View Post
    @Zak: I think Traakile's link to the guide by TheRainMan is your best bet. A tanky-ish AS/on-hit build seems to be what most Teemos I see doing, and it's effective enough. Just keep in mind that you can't basically dump him vs any other champ and expect to do well: he may be annoying with his poison, shrooms and blinds, but his range is very short and he's squishy as fuck. He'll do best against melee champs that mostly rely on their auto-attacks. Tryndamere pisses you off? Not with Teemo he won't!
    Yeah, Trynd is my new bitch. It's fun to watch my team hack all his life off and then he flashes or spins away with his undying rage giving my mates the communication finger and then I hit the Teemo after burner and fire a poison dart into his ass. That's the only kill steal no one complains about.

SO: Runes for Teemo.

Quints: AP Pen (they have those right? I'm talking out my ass here because I have no link to the game at work.)
    Marks: I think AP Pen is primary here, so more of that.
    Uh... Gold ones: Cool Down Reductions
    Them Blue ones: Attack Speed

As for build I've been starting with the sword what gives +100 HP +10 Atk and a wee bit of life steal. Then grab Beserk grieves. Then I build the purple sword that gives the +50 to AP and then a phantom Dancer. Then usually get what ever seems most needed at the time. (Do you like how I know the names of all that shit? yeah...)

EDIT: I haven't had a chance to look at RainMan's build but that's what I'm trying next.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

R/P
    Power
    3/0/28 as singed

we lose

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Wow. What the hell happened?
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

9. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Traakile's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Someone obviously forgot to kill that Master Yi with 5 Bloodthirsters and a pair of boots.

R/P
    Power
    Dominion is AWESOME.

Absolutely perfect for when I only have about 20 minutes in between classes, lots of fun.

So many new builds its gonna take me awhile to adjust, gotta rethink how to work some characters, but all around its just lots of action packed killingsprees >

11. Super Moderator ihaveahelmet's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    SO: Runes for Teemo.
    Quints: Armor Pen, Movespeed or Health
    Marks: Armor Pen
    Seals: Flat Armor or HP/lvl
    Glyphs: Flat Magic Resist or per lvl, or a mix of speed

Teemo is especially weak in his first levels. He can harass a fair bit with his toxic shots, but most of the harassment it does is psychological, the poison isn't THAT effective (yet). The armor penetration (I think that makes you start with 25-30?) lets you deal true damage to creeps and almost true damage to champs early on, so that will help you do a bit more damage and last hit easier. A combination of armor and MR runes means you show up to lane with 30-40 armor and magic resist. It may not look like much compared to the 150+ some people easily achieve late game, but you'll find that you take a lot less damage from both minions and champs. I tend to go with flat armor yellows, four flat MR blues and five MR per level blues on most of my champs (I only change them when I play AP carries, which is rarely), it's really nice being able to practically ignore creep attacks when you harass your lane opponent.

If you go with Magic Penetration marks, you're better off having a good magic nuke early on or buying Sorc Shoes, otherwise by mid-late game having an extra 12-15 flat magic pen is pretty much useless, and typically as Teemo you don't get those boots and your only "nuke" is your shrooms. The same goes for the cdr yellows and AS blues - they don't give you as big an advantage early on and by mid-late game their usefulness is dwarfed by your items.

As a general rule, try to pick runes that can counter an early weakness of your champion, or seriously buff one of its strengths to give you a clear advantage over your lane opponent. Of course, you have to pick things that can synergie well with each other. For example, even if I usually begin with a point in E as Irelia (her E, Equilibrium Strike is a short range moderate dmg magical nuke that can slow or stun) I won't pick Magic Pen reds; i'll go with armor penetration to help her consistently last hit with auto-attacks. As Teemo, you don't do a lot of magic damage early on unless you leave Toxic Shot activated forever and spam those darts, but if you do that you're always going to run out of mana so for what you do, the Archaic Knowledge mastery (15% magic pen, needs 9 points in offense) is more than enough.

Hope that helped.

[spoiler=Edit: shameless quoting of solomid's rune guide below]

Runes 101
    These are some good starter runes that are really broad in use and are commonly recommended on a lot of characters.

Red

• Armor Pen: 410 IP. For junglers and AD characters. Erryboddy gots armor.
    • Magic Pen: 410 IP. Penetration for AP characters.

Yellow

• Scaling Mana Regen: 205 IP. AP or AD, many characters use mana.
    • Flat Armor: 205 IP. Works on junglers, melee characters who gotta get in there to do damage, and characters who just have poor early game stats/survivability.

Blue

• Magic Resistance: 205 IP. A lot of characters don't get magic resistance per level and it helps everybody for those late game team fights where unfocused AoE magic nukes get tossed around. There are two kinds you can buy: Scaling or flat. Scaling is as good as flat by level 10. Matter of preference.
    • Scaling Ability Power: 410 IP. For AP characters. If you don't have the cash for these, magic res works fine on AP characters since they don't get magic res per level and they're usually paired against another caster in mid lane.

Quints

• Flat Ability Power: 1025 IP. Gives AP characters some extra oomph in their spells early game for laning. Also an option for support characters who have heals that become stronger with AP.
    • Armor Penetration: 1025 IP. For AD characters. Armor pen is strong all game since everyone has armor and gains armor each level. These are also used by junglers to get 12 armor pen while being able to use attack speed red runes.

Rune Pages 101
    With the above runes, you can make 2 pages for AP and AD characters. The AD page will be able to double as a jungle page.

Generic AP

• Red: Magic Pen
    • Yellow: Scaling Mana Regen
    • Blue: Scaling Ability Power or Magic Res
    • Quint: Flat AP

Generic AD / Jungle

• Red: Armor Pen
    • Yellow: Flat Armor
    • Blue: Magic Res
    • Quint: Armor Pen

Runes 201
    These runes are more specialized and/or way more expensive than the runes above but still fit a lot of characters. Which of these will suit you best will depend on what characters you play frequently and want to buy runes for.

Red

• Attack Speed: 410 IP. For junglers. Something people do on their jungle pages is only get 12 armor penetration because the small mobs have 12 armor, then get attack speed. You can do this with 8 red attack speed runes, 1 red armor pen rune, and 3 armor pen quints.

Yellow

• Scaling Health: 410 IP. These are common for mana-less AP characters. Vladimir, in example, has no mana and gets additional AP from bonus health. Rumble also has no mana and gets pretty tanky.
    • Dodge: 820 IP. Character-wise, Jax is the only character who "needs" Dodge. Other characters who use dodge runes are tanky characters who take the Evasion and Nimbleness masterieres for kiting and chasing. A single rune can also act as a "lucky charm" of sorts. One of my friends puts a single dodge rune on every single one of his rune pages. Your default chance to dodge is 0%. With a single dodge rune, your chance to dodge is now higher than 0% and you gain the possibility to dodge attacks.

Blue

• Scaling Mana Regen: 205 IP. Slightly less powerful than the yellow versions. They're cheap and give you some flexibility to use another yellow rune.
    • Flat Cooldown Reduction: 820 IP. Works on junglers (compliments their blue buff), supports (they scale well with cooldown right now), AP carries (lets you hit max cooldown with blue buff and masteries), and mana-less characters who are only restricted by cooldowns. The scaling versions are cheaper, but they aren't as good as the flats until level 14. Also, with blue buff and 9% CDR from masteries, the scalings would actually make you go over the CDR cap.

Quints

• Gold Generation: 515 IP. Very cheap runes used commonly on supports. In the current meta, support character don't farm minions so these give you some cash inflow.
    • Flat Attack Damage: 1025 IP. Helps AD characters with early game last hitting since minions have little armor for you to penetrate.
    • Movespeed: 2050 IP. Movespeed is boss. The benefits last all game instead of being only early game or scaling over levels. Sometimes paired with dodge runes and the Evasion and Nimbleness masteries. Work on pretty much all characters.
    • Flat Health: Flat health runes are hard to recommend yet not recommend. See, health is universal for all characters. But tier 3 health runes are really expensive (2050 IP ea) and the bonus health from these runes becomes negligible after the first few levels in-game. If you need the extra health for early game, you could buy tier 2 runes which are 1/2 the price for 6 less health. Once you get enough IP, you'll probably find quints that better suit your playstyle. But it could just be my perspective since I'm not level 20 anymore.

[/spoiler]

Richter_Belmont: under Article 14, section 88, paragraph 420 of the B0Tl0rd Accord, it says "you're gay LOL pwned"

12. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Traakile's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Spoilers, man, spoilers! My scrolling finger hurts.

I got my self pretty much the same runes as in that guide only that I take cdr/lvl as I used to play tons of vlad and still quite often do. I've yet to regret taking hp quints as they've saved my ass a lot of times, even moreso before the nerf on them. I recently got the manaregen/level ones as I realized that I play Annie a lot, which got me to thinking might as well get some AP ones, should help with the Vlad gameplay too.

Also runepages, why so expensive?

R/P
    Power
    Xin's free this week...

[spoiler=Required to play when playing Xin] http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=ZSS5dEeMX64 [/spoiler]

14. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Traakile's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Free morde/xin/ori week...
    This will surely end well.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Rer View Post
    Xin's free this week...

[spoiler=Required to play when playing Xin] http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=ZSS5dEeMX64 [/spoiler]
    MYSTERIOUS AS THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

I have every champ this week besides three

16. Super Moderator ihaveahelmet's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Traakile View Post
    Spoilers, man, spoilers! My scrolling finger hurts.
    fine

17. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Traakile's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    The Shaco bug fixes kinda helped him in funny ways. Had a game as Shaco last night where I camped near their wraith camp in the brush waiting for their jungling Shaco to appear with their blue buff. In the end, my JitBs ripped him apart giving me his blue buff and first blood. From there it went to both Shacos just JitBing the hell out of each others jungle. I probably spent more time trying to figure out where the other Shaco was than actually jungling and ganking.

18. Former Former Community Manager and Former Chief Senior Analyst Vinata's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    So the match was a 4v4?
    ?"eve's a bad mmo, really bad, it's only saving grace is the people playing it, which i guess doesn't say great things about the people playing other MMOs"

19. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Traakile's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Pretty much, I got a lot of shit for doing it. I get a lot of shit in general for playing Shaco and lately Teemo. I wonder why...

Edit: BUFF VLAD

20. Former Former Community Manager and Former Chief Senior Analyst Vinata's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Man, as long as one of our guys is constantly tieing up one of their guys, I'm fine with a 4v4
    ?"eve's a bad mmo, really bad, it's only saving grace is the people playing it, which i guess doesn't say great things about the people playing other MMOs"

R/P
    Power
    Soooo, this patch brought about a 'certain bug'.

See, I was playing Kassadin, as I do from time to time (<3 Portal + Flash for epic long escape or initiates). We get about halfway through the game when our opponent Nidalee and Cassopeia disconnect. No biggy, they return about 30 seconds later.

Here's where shit gets weird. I was doing fairly well, about 3 kills under my belt so I start to roam around and jump on people. Usual Kassadin faggotry. When suddenly the other team just EXPLODES in chat, going WHAT THE FLYING FUCK KASS?!

Normally I'd just guess they get angry easily but as it turns out, those two that disconnected could no longer see me. I was literally an invisible jumping machine. Now as it happens, I knew the fix for it (just relog, patches it right up), which they refused to do on the principle that I was 'hacking' and thus they all wanted to stay so they could report me.

Meh, I went like 24/4/8 soooooo... worth it? (Oh and I FRAPs'd the game, just in case)

22. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Traakile's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    On the topic of gimmick champions, AP Yi and Trist are super fun. Saw one (AP Yi) last weekend tanking a fed GP while channeling under his ulti, ending in GP dying to him.
    Then this happened:

23. Former Former Community Manager and Former Chief Senior Analyst Vinata's Avatar
    R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    I went like 24/4/8 soooooo... worth it? (Oh and I FRAPs'd the game, just in case)
    Upload this shit

24. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex ente's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    So, opinions on Dominion? It was live last night and this noon for 2 hours each on EU West. I, for one, think that its unbelievably pointless and around 90% of the tanks are useless, aswell as all champions with below 320 base movementspeed. I had my best games playing as Gankplank, building +5 boots, 3 zeals and a shurelias. I am disappoint.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinata View Post
    Upload this shit
    If you're serious I'll look into it. Maybe just upload a few minutes where they go WTF?

Edit: I'm not sure how much actual material I'll have, I mean its just me jumping on people out of nowhere , but I'll watch the game.

26. Drama Queen of Lowsec Grarr Dexx's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    [QUOTE=Mulla Nasrudin;238829]I believe in Karma. If we do bad things to people it just means that they deserve it.[/QUOTE]

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Dominion is my new favorite.

I don't think I'll ever play the old boring way again. (And that means retiring Nasus since he is, in fact, usless here)

It's like having a Ménage ŕ trois with a supermodel and a somewhat attractive lesiban. There is a lot of chaos, the action is fast, you're not sure if you should be grabing what you are grabing, or if the current position is going to last long. All you do know is that when it's over, whether or not you scored, you want to do it again. And you want to do it right now.

All the neck beardy old players with their build orders and Rune sets can take all that old game play and shove it. All I know is I run with Teemo and five musrooms clustered over a speed boost is fucking hilarious. Games that end in 17 minutes with a final score of 0 - 7 have actual 'edge of your seat' value instead of an hour of "YAWN someone ward Baron"

If you don't like it, that's cool. Stick your monocle back on and enjoy gameplay that wont raddle your pacemaker.

28. Super Moderator ihaveahelmet's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    i dont normally do this but

umad

R/P
    Power
    Hey, to each their own. My only issue with Dominion is champions with slow movement speed are effectively... useless. Guess I just need to adapt and try new champs. That and (again, could just be getting used to it but..) seems like meaty DPS is the current FotM for Dominion. Longer you can stay out and cause chaos the better it seems.

30. Drama Queen of Lowsec Grarr Dexx's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    RAMMUS.
    [QUOTE=Mulla Nasrudin;238829]I believe in Karma. If we do bad things to people it just means that they deserve it.[/QUOTE]

31. Super Moderator ihaveahelmet's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Singed B)

R/P
    Power
    fiddle seemed to rape pretty hard on dominion.

that said, dominion is terribad

33. Drama Queen of Lowsec Grarr Dexx's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Attachment 1687

You can unlock the skin by going to http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/youtube, replace EUW by EUNE or NA according to your server.

34. Super Moderator ihaveahelmet's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Grarr Dexx View Post
    Attachment 1687

You can unlock the skin by going to http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/youtube, replace EUW by EUNE or NA according to your server.
    what skin?

edit: HAHAHAHA oh man their team's builds

35. Drama Queen of Lowsec Grarr Dexx's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    We evaporated them, so Orianna and Sion sold everything and went dunkmaster. I'm talking about Unchained Alistar, by the way. Big horns, blue, no skirt.

36. Super Moderator ihaveahelmet's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Oh i see now, thanks. I should play Alistar more, by the way, since I'm looking into playing some supports.

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Grarr Dexx View Post
    No Rod of Ages to troll with your mad AP skillz? I am disappoint.

Also, dat loincloth

38. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Traakile's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I played Dominion the couple times it was up. It's ok but just feels kinda awkward at times, not to mention some champs that just seem outright overpowered on Dominion. A full sustain Vlad seems to work fine on this map and did some wonders with singed also. I'm eagerly waiting for the ranked games to see what kind of a metagame evolves around it.

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    i dont normally do this but

umad
    Yes. Where do we go from here?

My only issue with Dominion is champions with slow movement speed are effectively... useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traakile View Post
    ... some champs that just seem outright overpowered on Dominion.
    The largest issue Riot faces with Dominion is that not every champ works with the play style. People who seem to like Dominion are those who play champs that fit in well with the game design. People who don't like it play champs that don't fare well on the map. Any champ has a place in the classic play style, because when the champ was designed, that was the playstyle the champ was designed for.

However, when they put together the Dominion map, they clearly didn't think about every champ and what they do. The first champ that comes to mind (Of the champs I use and own) is Nasus. He's slower than dirt, His DPS is dependant on Q farm, and if you plop him into the game at level three, he's hindered rather than accelerated.

That is IF you build him the same way you would in the classic play at Summoner's Rift. The question is, and I don't have an answer fo it yet, is there a way to bulid Nasus so he's useful in Dominion? Even if there is, my guess is it's not ideal for the map. I'd say only a quarter of the available champs are good for Dominion.

Caitlyn and Ashe sure as hell aren't. Teemo, Blitzcrank, and Rammus all work well because they have abilities that let them speed across the map. Actually all three of those champs work really well in Dominion.

I like the play style of Dominion and I like the speed of the game. But most of that has to do with the fact that I have champs that can play on Dominion well. To be honest, if I only had Caitlyn and Nasus, I wouldn't like Dominion so much. I would be inclined to pick up champs that work well but here's the other whammy: The full Tier 3 rune set I just got for Cait, doesn't work so well in Dominion. And any runes I just got for Teemo aren't what I want to use either.

So, either Riot tweeks it so that any champ has a role in Dominion, OR they add a bunch of new champs that work well and make you buy them either with IP or RP. I'm guessing the latter since that's how a FTP model works.

40. Super Moderator ihaveahelmet's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    1Any champ has a place in the classic play style

i could name a few champs just to nag

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    i could name a few champs just to nag
    Didn't say it was a good place. Only that when the champ was created, the map and how game play was already known and planned in the design of the champ.

But I am curious. Please, name those champs. I want to see who shows up with big teary eyes and a grumpy frown to tell you how you're wrong.

R/P
    Power
    But I am curious. Please, name those champs. I want to see who shows up with big teary eyes and a grumpy frown to tell you how you're wrong.
    I'll give you a biiiiig hint. Its the MMO we all play or deny playing.

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    True, but in theroy, with a skilled player and the right team comp, she has a function.

EDIT: and EVE gets owned in Dominion too.

R/P
    Power
    True, but in theroy, with a skilled player and the right team comp, she has a function.

EDIT: and EVE gets owned in Dominion too.
    As does any champ, but she requires a ridiculous amount of ganks to be viable, and even then racle: and 'up, well you're pointless again'.

I find she's actually at least somewhat better in Dominion. Her general speed and the fact that stealth characters in general I find are stronger there (lots of grass, always ganks going on, blah blah) makes her a tad bit more viable...

[spoiler=But much like Incarna...]Still terrible overall[/spoiler]

R/P
    Blog Entries
    Power
    Yeah but Ganks have almost no effect on the outcome. They don't pay enough and stealthed or not, you have to un-stealth to cap the tower. I've owned her plenty with Rammus by just waiting for her to show up and try and get the tower down. Spin stun from the bushes, taunt, then ulti and she's pretty much dead.

Rammus is epic fun when you tie up 4 enemy champs while the rest of your team caps towers. I can get a fight started and then run, causing all the kill happy fools to chase me down and my team caps 4 towers. The enemy gets one kill, - 2 points off our nexus and I get +40 Martyr points and we have four towers up.

As always a good team (players, not champs) can go a long way. I spent one game trying to explain to a guy that killing the creeps in the lane and calling MIA was pointless in Dominion.

And when they instalock a jungle champ with smite yeah, we're going to lose.

46. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Traakile's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    If I remember correctly I two-shotted a squishy on Dominion yesterday as GP and prevented a ton of shit with the ulti. I think I found my one true Dominion champ...

On the topic of Eve (champion, not the game) on Dominion, she's kinda useful in the way that she'll cap your points and pick the low hp champs off but seems mostly useless in the team fights and such. I'm hoping for a partial remake after or before the stealth remake, preferrably before. And the chances of that happening anytime soon? Not that high.

47. Super Moderator ihaveahelmet's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Her new abilities and stats (as well as Twitch's) have already been posted on the official forums I think.

edit: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...3#post12122293 (twitch)
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1036661 (7th post) (evelynn)

48. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Traakile's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Huh, the last time there were only vague guesses and outlines, that's some definite answers. Me Gusta!

When I'm usually playing against a Shaco, I don't feel that obligated to get oracles as fast as possible where against a roaming Eve, it's almost a necessity. Not so much after the nerf.

R/P
    Power
    http://i.imgur.com/akJGp.jpg

[spoiler=Smug Posting](Image Hosting isn't working for me for some reason but 16/0/12 Cait with 340 CS) [/spoiler]

50. The Theory and Practice of Teleportation Traakile's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Dat farm.