CEX.io
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 1529

Introducing the Gentlemen's Agreement

  1. Impostor
    Joined
    2011 Mar
    Posts
    15
    R/P
    0.73333333333333
    Power
    4
    When I was first playing this game, the first time I heard the command 'passive allign to <whatever>', I asked, what the fuck is a passive align? However, there seems to be a lot of people that believe a passive align means trying to align your ship to something at zero speed, which is kinda dumb to think that, because everyone that has played this game for more than an hour has already figured out that a zero speed align doesn't work.

    The post I made in the Gents forums that has Kesper so up in arms, I sorry I can't reproduce here, as my forum access has been terminated. And please, if anyone from Gents would like to copy my post to here, please do so.

    Anyway, my post went something along the lines of;

    Why is there all this hate against passive aligning? What's wrong with having your fleet stay together, with everyone aligned to the warp out point, and near zero speed? Your fleet will stay together, and not get all strung out as it would with a full speed align. Your fleet will still enter warp faster than a fleet that is stationary, or has ships flying off in other directions, that would need to decelerate, and align before they could warp.

    And yet, you are telling me that aligning to a point at full speed is ok, but having a fleet aligning to a point at only a couple of meters per second, is such a dangerous manoeuvre, that you will immediately get your fleet taken away from by Lake, as happened the other day.

    Or, are you one one of these people, that when they here a command they don't know, instead of asking, just take a guess at what the command means, guess wrong, and then proceed to punish for people for doing said wrong thing you imagine they are doing. So tell me, do you really think a passive align is an extremely dangerous manoeuvre that is banned from being used by every FC in this alliance, or are you one of these dumb fucks that thinks a passive align means trying to align to something at zero speed because you were to proud, or ignorant to bother asking what exactly a passive align is?

    -------------------------------------------------------

    It seems that posting the above on the Gents forums, was enough for the Gents lerderships to call for me to be tarred and feathered, along with Dan for his shenanigans.

    What gets me is, Kesper and Lake are always going on about people participating on the Gents forums, 'never stop posting' is their catch-cry. And they they proceed to censor and/or delete any post they don't like. In fact, one of, if not the longest discussion thread on the forums, was about complaint from people about all the censorship that goes on.

    And yet, as Kesper and Lake have both said, we, Ascendent, were an asset to them. And yet, no matter how good a corp is, make a post on the Gents forums insulting Lake, and you get insta kicked, no warnings, no chance to evac your stuff, just out. However, you can be the shittiest corp in the game. You can have spies, awoxers, thieves, anything, doesn't matter, provided you continue to suck Lake's dick, while he whips you with a stap.


    Now, for those of you that don't know Lake already, and even perhaps are thinking of joining Gents, this is the sort of shit you will have to deal with;

    (6:20:59 PM) dr_kang: hai gais! Soooooo, what's going on?
    (6:22:03 PM) Kesper North <tally>: dr_kang: daniel decided to shitpost on kugu and leaked one of his posts from the leadership forum, and now he and marcus are chiming in badmouthing us in general.
    (6:22:25 PM) Kesper North <tally>: they're also claiming that .UP. doesn't want to be in this alliance anyway. v0v
    (6:22:30 PM) Kesper North <tally>: check out the GENTS thread and see for yourself
    (6:23:30 PM) dr_kang: I was being
    (6:23:32 PM) dr_kang: facetious
    (6:23:37 PM) Kesper North <tally>: v0v
    (6:23:45 PM) dr_kang: when have you not known me to know whats going on
    (6:23:54 PM) Kesper North <tally>: When you're blackout drunk?
    (6:23:59 PM) dr_kang: fair enough
    (6:25:03 PM) dr_kang: because dan and lake have been pissing on each other's leg for a while, and Dan went public, we've been booted with no warning period at all, do I understand correctly?
    (6:25:26 PM) Lake: dr_kang: I gave Dan what he wanted.
    (6:25:33 PM) Kesper North <tally>: You've been temporarily removed from the alliance; this isn't 'booting'.
    (6:25:36 PM) Lake: Up to UP to decide if it's what UP wants.
    (6:25:47 PM) Kesper North <tally>: This is, in spirit, the same thing as temp-kicking a corp with an awoxer.
    (6:25:59 PM) dr_kang: Yeh see, that's my issue.
    (6:26:17 PM) Kesper North <tally>: As far as I'm concerned Dan is basically awoxing us, only he's generating posts instead of KMs.
    (6:27:05 PM) dr_kang: Wow Kesper, I was hoping we'd reach an amenable solution to this steaming pile but if you equate mean words to awoxing Im not sure what can be done
    (6:27:13 PM) Lake: o.O
    (6:28:15 PM) Lake: You think this is about "mean words"?
    (6:28:32 PM) dr_kang: What then? Insubordination?
    (6:28:41 PM) Kesper North <tally>: It's not :words: It's the fact that he's been an ongoing problem, raising intensity with each try. He's spammed our forums. And he's actively trying to damage the alliance as a whole.
    (6:29:00 PM) Lake: He made it clear he was trying to provoke something.
    (6:29:04 PM) Lake: He succeeded.
    (6:30:39 PM) dr_kang: Oh and first the yuri dos/script/spam thing. That I don't know what to say. If he was in fact running a spam script then he gets what he gets- I wasnt aware and certainly dont condone that shit
    (6:31:49 PM) Lake: dr_kang: and dan not only condoned it, but both championed it and provoked it.
    (6:32:20 PM) Kesper North <tally>:

    Right. Part of why .UP. has been temporarily removed is that more than one person in UP is involved in this, and they seem to be egging eachother on.

    (6:32:27 PM) Kesper North <tally>: We're trying to demonstrate that actions have consequences.
    (6:36:01 PM) dr_kang: and you couldnt have come to me about this? The reason the apparent "fuck lake" post-off is going on was because the original comment was erased. Certainly I dont condone spamming, but the need to censor a negative comment seems to have given birth to this. And please spare me phrases like "actions have consequences".
    (6:36:16 PM) Kesper North <tally>: dr_kang: you haven't been available in literally days
    (6:36:18 PM) Lake: It wasn't censoring "a negative comment".
    (6:36:30 PM) Lake: It was just my routine of clearing durpshit out of a thread.
    (6:36:36 PM) Lake: Something I do at least once a week.
    (6:37:31 PM) Lake: Then Dan picked it up as some sort of crusade...
    (6:37:43 PM) dr_kang: I was away for three days. UP in general and shang all have my cell #. But let us not digress
    (6:37:47 PM) Lake: I assumed he was just wasted so tempbanned him from the forums to stop the annoyance in the most practical way.
    (6:38:15 PM) Lake: When I came back to EVE I found he'd taken his crusade to Kugu.
    (6:38:22 PM) Lake: And that was that.
    (6:39:26 PM) dr_kang:

    I can abide the temp banning. And the constant spam is reason enough. I was also made aware of the situation last night, and had planned on speaking to the both of you..and this happened

    (6:39:57 PM) Lake: You say "this" as if it's me who did "it".
    (6:40:22 PM) dr_kang: the situation, chief
    (6:42:26 PM) Lake: In hindsight it would appear that the durpdurp comment was as irrelevant as it initially seemed.
    (6:42:44 PM) Lake: Dan seemed intent on provoking something, and does not seem to care what the "issue" is that he uses.
    (6:43:23 PM) dr_kang: My issue is the way in fact, you handled it. There are how many corporations in this alliance, that are actually terrible-ones that have had repeated awoxers, spies, abyssmal particiaption and no-show leadership. These corporations get warnings and grace periods. UP, who has proven itself to be highly competent and has helped grow this alliance since the very early days, gets "temp banned" for what amounts to forum drama
    (6:43:40 PM) Lake: No.
    (6:43:45 PM) dr_kang: then explain it
    (6:43:51 PM) dr_kang: as thats what it looks like over here
    (6:43:54 PM) Lake: You were temp banned because you asked for it.
    (6:44:16 PM) Lake: Dan attempted to provoke this, and succeeded.
    (6:44:37 PM) Lake: I behaved exactly as he anticipated, and how everyone else should anticipate I would behave.
    (6:45:09 PM) dr_kang: ...asked for it. Shit I better take off this cute dress before something bas happens
    (6:45:14 PM) dr_kang: bad
    (6:45:39 PM) Lake: dr_kang: Do you dispute that dan was explicitly provoking this?
    (6:46:02 PM) Shangpo [shangpo@eve-mail.net/ebba6374] entered the room.
    (6:46:48 PM) dr_kang: I think he was frustrated and lashing out. Juvenile? Sure. So is booting the entire corp over something juvenile
    (6:47:07 PM) Lake: If I could have booted only Dan, I would have.
    (6:47:13 PM) Lake: But that option is not available to me.
    (6:47:32 PM) Shangpo: o/
    (6:48:22 PM) dr_kang: aaaaand you couldnt have said to us "you have 24 hours to remove dan"? Even corps with spies get that much.
    (6:48:43 PM) Lake: That's what Kesper initially did.
    (6:48:54 PM) Lake: I didn't have that much patience.
    (6:49:03 PM) Lake: Harsh, yes, but I won't apologize for it.

    (6:49:07 PM) dr_kang: yes we know
    (6:49:30 PM) dr_kang: you do realize that it looks like you got your e-honor hurt and kicked us, right?
    (6:49:56 PM) Lake: Look, let me be really clear here:
    (6:50:07 PM) Lake: I have a very low tolerance for this sort of bullshit in my hobby.
    (6:50:32 PM) Lake: I will kick every single corp from the alliance, and then kick every single member of PRAX, and then stop playing EVE entirely if that's the only way to avoid it.
    (6:50:52 PM) Lake: The in-game political ramifications be damned.
    (6:51:27 PM) Lake: So you can decide for yourself what you think is prudent, fair, and reasonable.
    (6:52:04 PM) Lake: Everyone around me knows what to expect from me.
    (6:52:31 PM) Lake: So I have little sympathy for those who complain when I do what is expected of me.
    (6:52:58 PM) Lake: Okiedokie? =)
    (6:53:10 PM) dr_kang: So if I know the dog is incontinent, and it shits on my rug, I shouldn't be mad at it?
    (6:53:25 PM) Lake: Be mad all you like, but don't expect sympathy from your dog =p
    (6:53:55 PM) Lake: Love the comparison though, real subtle.
    (6:54:11 PM) dr_kang: thanks, I hear Im gud wif the wurds
    (6:55:25 PM) dr_kang: youre justifying your actions by saying 'Im right, because you know Im going to react a certain way, and if you take umbridge its your fault, because you know how I am. Even if in fact, I am actually wrong, I am right, because you KNEW I would react wrongly and ecpected otherwise"
    (6:55:39 PM) dr_kang: thats quite a psychological defense youve got there.
    (6:55:43 PM) dr_kang: anyhoo
    (6:55:51 PM) ***Lake smirks.
    (6:58:11 PM) dr_kang: Ive tried Lake. I really have. I have taken endless shit at the hands of ppl I have flown with for years to stay in this alliance and make it grow, because no bullshit, I believed in our success. And to not even get the benefit of the doubt after all the work my corp and me personally have invested is problematic
    (6:58:13 PM) Lake: Let us accept the premise that I 'acted wrongly' for a moment, and equate that to punching someone in the face. If you walk up to someone and do everything in your power to provoke them into punching you in the face, are you so shocked when you're punched in the face?
    (6:58:52 PM) dr_kang: youre acting on the idea it was meant to provoke this particular response
    (6:58:59 PM) Lake: Yes, I am.
    (6:59:04 PM) Lake: That is what the evidence suggests to me.
    (6:59:51 PM) Lake: And I have been giving you the benefit of the doubt.
    (7:00:08 PM) Lake: But you guys crossed a line.
    (7:00:10 PM) dr_kang: really? UP still looks booted to me
    (7:00:42 PM) Lake: That you've been set blue, not had leadership access revoked, had forum access temp-instated despite the API, and we're having this conversations...
    (7:00:47 PM) Lake: That doesn't seem like the benefit of the doubt?
    (7:01:24 PM) Lake: Luke and Chris spent the whole morning chatting about this in Tally.
    (7:01:34 PM) Lake: Dan and Marcus have taken to kugu.
    (7:01:46 PM) Lake: I honestly don't know who speaks for UP
    (7:02:34 PM) Lake: No one from UP stepped up to handle this situation.
    (7:03:26 PM) Lake: Dan is the most senior member of UP that's been in contact through this episode.
    (7:03:50 PM) Lake: Who am I to assume UP corp policy is anything but what he speaks?
    (7:04:13 PM) Lake:

    I'm not quite that naive mind...

    (7:04:30 PM) Lake: ... but you can see how this is inextricable from UP as a corp.
    (7:04:43 PM) dr_kang: Yeh well, here I am. I was at work. I was apprised of it and ran home. Here we are. The essential issue seems to be that you see what Dan wrote as a tripe dog dare to boot the WHOLE corp. I see it as some forum bullshit that got the corp as a whole booted
    (7:04:45 PM) Lake: Dan's actions are UP's actions, and the consequences apply to UP.
    (7:05:23 PM) Lake: You ran home when UP was removed.
    (7:05:33 PM) Lake: You didn't comment in teh 24h+ previous.
    (7:05:50 PM) Lake: Dan's little crusade didn't all just happen this morning.
    (7:05:55 PM) Lake:

    it came to a head this morning.

    (7:06:10 PM) Lake: Luke and Chris ahve kept their heads down.
    (7:06:22 PM) dr_kang: Because I told them to
    (7:06:23 PM) Lake: Marcus' only input has been some equally shitty posting on the forums the night before.
    (7:13:28 PM) Lake: Let me reiterate before we got too wrapped up in our sparring...
    (7:13:34 PM) Lake: I *like* ascendent in general.
    (7:13:42 PM) Lake:

    You guys have obviously contributed hugely to the alliance.

    (7:13:45 PM) dr_kang: What do you want me to tell you? Have I been on top of things for the las 3 days? No. RL multi-million dollar sale of a business>Eve. I know you understand. Last night I was apprised of the forum blurf. This morning at 7am EST I was filled in of the kicking...How is any of this relevant? Were out of the alliance for shit said on Kugu. Were not kicking Dan. I'm not going to convince you of any point but you're own. All I can ask is to re-accept us for say 72 hours to evac all our shit from CFC space. I think we've earned that much, and we have billions of assests, SCs included
    (7:13:54 PM) dr_kang: was typing that out
    (7:14:00 PM) dr_kang: before we get any further
    (7:14:21 PM) dr_kang: and I would hate for my rank-and-file, who had NO idea any of this was coming
    (7:14:24 PM) dr_kang: to get fucked
    (7:15:26 PM) Lake: While I understand your predisposition to "defend one of your own", Dan's actions are indefensible, and while I have some sympathy for those who got caught up in this, their fate is up to you.
    (7:15:53 PM) dr_kang: amazing
    (7:16:33 PM) Lake: Actions have consequences my friend.
    (7:16:39 PM) dr_kang: Just stop
    (7:16:42 PM) dr_kang: seriosuly
    (7:16:57 PM) Lake: You came in here saying we should have granted you 24h to remove Dan.
    (7:17:07 PM) Lake: And yet you say you aren't removing Dan.
    (7:17:08 PM) Lake: v0v
    (7:17:24 PM) dr_kang: theres the principle of the issue, and practical action
    (7:17:32 PM) Lake: Why should I do favors for those that are openly hostile to me?
    (7:17:58 PM) Lake: Your corp leadership is busy posting up a storm of insults on kugu...
    (7:18:58 PM) dr_kang: there is nothing I can say here Lake. Nothing. So you're right. Actions have consequences, and we all need to learn that.
    (7:19:17 PM) Lake: It's a shame to lose the value you brought to the alliance.
    (7:19:56 PM) Lake: But if it means I don't have to deal with a repeat of Dan's stunt, then it's worth it.
    (7:20:10 PM) Lake: You may not agree with that, but it's a decision I made years ago.
    (7:20:17 PM) dr_kang: Yeh well that's that. Like you said, actions have consequences.
    (7:20:18 PM) Lake: I've long since learned to live with it.
    (7:21:06 PM) dr_kang: We've dicussed your life choices at length Lake. As I've said its a beautiful construct you've made for yourself
    (7:21:39 PM) Lake: We all have our delusions I suppose :smirk

  2. King Dong
    Joined
    2010 May
    Posts
    2,120
    R/P
    0.83396226415094
    Power
    9
    God dammit, bold the fucking good parts, no one wants to read the whole thing!

  3. Impostor
    Joined
    2011 Mar
    Posts
    15
    R/P
    0.73333333333333
    Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by poaw View Post
    God dammit, bold the fucking good parts, no one wants to read the whole thing!
    Bloody hell, OK... Give me a minute to highlight some bits.

  4. The Gripping Hand Soft Insanity's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Jan
    Posts
    582
    R/P
    0.5979381443299
    Power
    5
    I still have no idea what the goal of all of this was in regards to certain members of UP. It really seems the goal was to get kicked out of GENTS by Lake. Why they didn't just, you know, leave is perhaps best left for UP as I'm sure they have their reasons.

  5. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Jan
    Location
    Waffe's Holesquad Grub 'n Gas
    Posts
    3,164
    R/P
    1.4443742098609
    Power
    14
    Is there any reason besides sov-dropping that GENTS hasn't been reset by Goons and Test?

  6. Electric Ant Daniel Essig's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 May
    Posts
    29
    R/P
    0.41379310344828
    Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Soft Insanity View Post
    I still have no idea what the goal of all of this was in regards to certain members of UP. It really seems the goal was to get kicked out of GENTS by Lake. Why they didn't just, you know, leave is perhaps best left for UP as I'm sure they have their reasons.
    It was humorous to rip into lake in a public forum and it needed to be done.

    I'm happy to be the catalyst that anyone else can use to come out about what they think.

  7. The Indefatigable Frog
    Joined
    2010 Nov
    Posts
    55
    R/P
    0.12727272727273
    Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix Lag View Post
    Is there any reason besides sov-dropping that GENTS hasn't been reset by Goons and Test?
    The benefits of sucking on the goon tit, even though your alliance is totally shit.

  8. King Dong
    Joined
    2010 May
    Posts
    2,120
    R/P
    0.83396226415094
    Power
    9
    BTW does anyone know if Lake ever fixed the overview bugs he gets whenever the outcome of a fight is in doubt? Bringing a second or third fleet usually clears it up, but it's not really a solution he should depend on in the long term.

    And stop hating on the quiet acceptance, many leaders like Pol Pot, Stalin, and Mao were quietly approved of. The only ones who complain openly are miscreants, otherwise why would they end up in the GULAGs?

  9. Impostor
    Joined
    2011 Mar
    Posts
    15
    R/P
    0.73333333333333
    Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Soft Insanity View Post
    I still have no idea what the goal of all of this was in regards to certain members of UP. It really seems the goal was to get kicked out of GENTS by Lake. Why they didn't just, you know, leave is perhaps best left for UP as I'm sure they have their reasons.
    No one told us that giving Lake shit was an insta boot offence. There is no one on these forums that would deny than Lake sure does make himself a target for ridicule. At first we (corp leadership) put up with his shit, and told our members to do the same. As time went on, and we worked hard to prove our worth to the alliance, and members of Ascendent were promoted to alliance leadership positions, and we were giving many assurances of just how much we were appreciated, that it was decided to allow our membership to respond to any shit Lake gave them, any way the please.

    Turns out, we (corp leadership) were mistaken. Turns out that, no matter how good of a corp you are, giving Lake shit will always remain a no no.

    Just how low must Lake's self esteem be, that he needs to act this way to feel good about himself? I wonder if he's a postal worker?

  10. Ask Me About My Flux Capacitor Fix Lag's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Jan
    Location
    Waffe's Holesquad Grub 'n Gas
    Posts
    3,164
    R/P
    1.4443742098609
    Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by emilyhaines View Post
    The benefits of sucking on the goon tit, even though your alliance is totally shit.
    Eff why aye I'm not in an alliance. I'm currently winning Eve.

    Just thought I'd let you know.

  11. The Gripping Hand Soft Insanity's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Jan
    Posts
    582
    R/P
    0.5979381443299
    Power
    5
    Confirming I am in a gulag

  12. Prominent Author Warband's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 May
    Location
    Nulli Secunda
    Posts
    502
    R/P
    0.45617529880478
    Power
    4
    I thought Kesper was exec? Why is Lake booting corps? Given the nature of the argument, it would seem the wise course of action would be for Lake to remove himself from the issue and let Kesper handle it. But with all this drama it seems cooler heads did not prevail.

  13. Thoggron
    Guest
    Want to deep throat more cock there Soft Insanity? I have one...but i don't know if I can squeeze anymore room in your mouth with all those others that are already in there.

  14. "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Ivo THE1's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Feb
    Location
    Aussie SMX; -FA-
    Posts
    106
    R/P
    0.28301886792453
    Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Phey Onat View Post
    To be fair, we didn't just voluntarily leave. They booted us after our CEO called lake a narssistic psyco.

    They did give us time to evac though < 3
    Just remember, you must inform everyone with global on mumble when you tackle a neutral, let alone inform a fleet formed 20 minutes after you started ya 2 man gate camp of the P5 (watever that gate is in BYXF leading towards low-sec) gate that of said tackling of Neutral, then to try to calm down the situation on comms and explain ya supposed wrong doing (NRDS!?), then to have your ceo try and calm down the situation then to be kicked out in 48hrs?.
    Sluggo is too Passive Aggressive! (Still don't get how that works tbh. Is it like using angry words on forums but calm chat on comms ... HELP MEEEE
    I guess we can all agree that Lake loves this game, maybe just over complicates the feelings associated with passion and thus comes off as a dick, life has more to teach him I guess.
    I don't know limits or boundaries, but others do..so I push em till I get what I desire

  15. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Wusti's Avatar
    Joined
    2009 Oct
    Location
    With my New Bro Overlords in HONOR!!
    Posts
    3,541
    R/P
    1.3242022027676
    Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Ratz View Post
    No one told us that giving Lake shit was an insta boot offence. There is no one on these forums that would deny than Lake sure does make himself a target for ridicule. At first we (corp leadership) put up with his shit, and told our members to do the same. As time went on, and we worked hard to prove our worth to the alliance, and members of Ascendent were promoted to alliance leadership positions, and we were giving many assurances of just how much we were appreciated, that it was decided to allow our membership to respond to any shit Lake gave them, any way the please.

    Turns out, we (corp leadership) were mistaken. Turns out that, no matter how good of a corp you are, giving Lake shit will always remain a no no.

    Just how low must Lake's self esteem be, that he needs to act this way to feel good about himself? I wonder if he's a postal worker?
    Thos logs were you posted captured the essential Lake quite nicely didn't they? He probably really did do you a favour man. Chin up.

  16. Crashlander Aelith's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Oct
    Posts
    263
    R/P
    0.34600760456274
    Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdul View Post
    Right now, I want a way to do "max speed" with my keyboard.
    CTRL + ALT + Space (or bind it to D like I have)

    Do note that you need to spam this the same as you would the full speed button, because you still are governed by the align until the target cloaks even though you have set full speed (because this is a shitty game).

  17. The Gripping Hand Soft Insanity's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Jan
    Posts
    582
    R/P
    0.5979381443299
    Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoggron View Post
    Want to deep throat more cock there Soft Insanity? I have one...but i don't know if I can squeeze anymore room in your mouth with all those others that are already in there.
    I.... what? I haven't come down on one side or the other because it really doesn't make all that big of a difference to me. Outside of UP not being on comms or in fleet, my life in Eve is exactly the same. I just think it's funny that because I'm not here shitposting on Lake it means.... something.

  18. Thoggron
    Guest
    Go back and read...every time someone posts something you chime in with your little "I want to look good to leadership and get more under the desk work" comment.

  19. The Gripping Hand Soft Insanity's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Jan
    Posts
    582
    R/P
    0.5979381443299
    Power
    5
    I don't really know how asking why they didn't just leave instead of trying to get kicked is "looking good in front of leadership" but I'll stand by my first thought on the matter. Since I'm not actively bashing Lake, I'm somehow whiteknighting him.

  20. Gabriel Grimoire
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Ratz View Post
    (6:49:56 PM) Lake: Look, let me be really clear here:
    (6:50:07 PM) Lake: I have a very low tolerance for this sort of bullshit in my hobby.
    (6:50:32 PM) Lake: I will kick every single corp from the alliance, and then kick every single member of PRAX, and then stop playing EVE entirely if that's the only way to avoid it.
    This pretty much encapsulates the core problem with a leader like Lake. Always going to put his own petty interests in front of anyone and everyone who he supposedly leads. Historically, that has only ended badly; both for the leader, and his followers.

  21. Go fuck yourself Frodo! Lake's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Sep
    Location
    Gentlemen's Agreement, Vale
    Posts
    175
    R/P
    0.53142857142857
    Power
    4

  22. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Wusti's Avatar
    Joined
    2009 Oct
    Location
    With my New Bro Overlords in HONOR!!
    Posts
    3,541
    R/P
    1.3242022027676
    Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Soft Insanity View Post
    I don't really know how asking why they didn't just leave instead of trying to get kicked is "looking good in front of leadership" but I'll stand by my first thought on the matter. Since I'm not actively bashing Lake, I'm somehow whiteknighting him.
    The assumption they were trying to get kicked is where you went wrong mate - if he can't handle the heat he should fuck off out of the fire.

  23. At the office, getting paid to be on here (unofficially) Jacabon Mere's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Feb
    Posts
    814
    R/P
    0.25061425061425
    Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake View Post
    am pretty sure your the one we are laughing at

  24. Glimmung Zakhodit's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Jun
    Location
    Y=7x^2+5
    Posts
    1,710
    R/P
    0.55672514619883
    Blog Entries
    2
    Power
    6
    Appropriate, I think, that Jacabon's avatar sums up that entire log post.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

  25. The Gripping Hand Soft Insanity's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Jan
    Posts
    582
    R/P
    0.5979381443299
    Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Wusti View Post
    The assumption they were trying to get kicked is where you went wrong mate - if he can't handle the heat he should fuck off out of the fire.
    Dan said as much in one post "Lake did what i had hoped he would do"

    Ninja Edit!

    If you run under the assumption Lake is an overreacting dick, then you have to assume this was coming. I don't see how people can say "Lake kicks people who disagree with him" and then "I can't believe he kicked us for disagreeing with him".

    For the record, again, I really don't care all that much. Tomorrow I'm still going to have work to do for Prax (assuming I don't get booted too ) and life will go on. Whether or not people like Lake? I don't care, that's Lake's issue to deal with if he wants to, not mine.

  26. Impostor
    Joined
    2011 Mar
    Posts
    15
    R/P
    0.73333333333333
    Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Soft Insanity View Post
    I don't really know how asking why they didn't just leave instead of trying to get kicked is "looking good in front of leadership" but I'll stand by my first thought on the matter. Since I'm not actively bashing Lake, I'm somehow whiteknighting him.
    Stop feeding my trolls or they won't eat their dinner

  27. Gabriel Grimoire
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake View Post

  28. The Gripping Hand Soft Insanity's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Jan
    Posts
    582
    R/P
    0.5979381443299
    Power
    5
    Someone has to help keep the thread going! This is the most activity we've seen in weeks!

  29. Tradik's love child
    Joined
    2011 Feb
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    129
    R/P
    -0.41085271317829
    Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Soft Insanity View Post
    I still have no idea what the goal of all of this was in regards to certain members of UP. It really seems the goal was to get kicked out of GENTS by Lake. Why they didn't just, you know, leave is perhaps best left for UP as I'm sure they have their reasons.
    When you decide you have a problem with one of us, you really have a problem with all of us. We have been flying together for years now, and no egotistical dumbass is going to split us apart. Even if it means leaving an alliance we helped build. As Kang is often heard saying, we will always go to bat for each other and when someone steps over the line it means war. We may be decent at flying internet spaceships but our posting is of the worst quality (with exceptions). So yes, verbally assaulting Lake may prove to be an easy accomplishment and one not worthy of all our effort, but god damn it feels good. Especially since it seems the majority of EvE agrees with us in saying that lake is the biggest cockmongler of them all.

    So riddle me this soft, are you really satisfied staying in a corporation that mass recruits out of the recruitment channel, is determined to further their cause by increasing member count instead of member skill, has a universally hated CEO that drives away corporations in droves, and is notoriously unable to accept any form of criticism without flying off the handle?

    No matter what happens or where we end up, if Lake is in my fleet I am going to shoot him. No questions asked, no thought of the consequences, no mercy.

  30. Impostor
    Joined
    2011 Mar
    Posts
    15
    R/P
    0.73333333333333
    Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Soft Insanity View Post
    If you run under the assumption Lake is an overreacting dick, then you have to assume this was coming. I don't see how people can say "Lake kicks people who disagree with him" and then "I can't believe he kicked us for disagreeing with him".
    Recently, I actually did become a little concerned about being kicked out of the alliance. I had chat to Chris Rittenhouse about three or four weeks ago. As he had known Kesper for quite awhile, I asked him if Kesper was the sort of person that may kick us from the alliance, if Lake complains to him about my guys giving him to much shit. I ask, just how much influence does Lake have over Kesper? Should I be concerned? Chris assured me that Kesper was not that sort of person. That, if it did become a problem he would come and talk to us first and discuss it. He'd never do anything rash like that, he's not a douchbag.

    I had no idea, never suspected for a moment, that Lake had the authority, and the ability, to kick us from the alliance, when ever the whim takes him. Thus, didn't gave a shit how much shit Lake and my tolls threw at each other. I sat, blindly ignorant, under the belief that, if things got out of hand, someone would simply say, that's enough and tell them to stop. What's that line from Life of Brian, "Crusification?", "Yes, first offence.".

    Anyway, as I was sayin', seems Chris didn't know about his either. Therefor, it's all his fault!

  31. The Indefatigable Frog Sausage's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Jun
    Posts
    50
    R/P
    0.7
    Power
    3
    This thread sucks v0v
    [FONT='comic sans ms'][SIZE=2][COLOR=#b22222]:viper:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

  32. Glimmung Zakhodit's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Jun
    Location
    Y=7x^2+5
    Posts
    1,710
    R/P
    0.55672514619883
    Blog Entries
    2
    Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Ratz View Post
    What's that line from Life of Brian,
    Some things in life are bad
    They can really make you mad
    Other things just make you swear and curse.
    When you're chewing on life's gristle
    Don't grumble, give a whistle
    And this'll help things turn out for the best...

    And...always look on the bright side of life...
    Always look on the light side of life...

    If life seems jolly rotten
    There's something you've forgotten
    And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
    When you're feeling in the dumps
    Don't be silly chumps
    Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

    And...always look on the bright side of life...
    Always look on the light side of life...

    For life is quite absurd
    And death's the final word
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.
    Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
    Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

    So always look on the bright side of death
    Just before you draw your terminal breath

    Life's a piece of shit
    When you look at it
    Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
    You'll see it's all a show
    Keep 'em laughing as you go
    Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

    And always look on the bright side of life...
    Always look on the right side of life...
    (Come on guys, cheer up!)
    Always look on the bright side of life...
    Always look on the bright side of life...
    (Worse things happen at sea, you know.)
    Always look on the bright side of life...
    (I mean - what have you got to lose?)
    (You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.
    What have you lost? Nothing!)
    Always look on the right side of life...
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

  33. The Gripping Hand Soft Insanity's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Jan
    Posts
    582
    R/P
    0.5979381443299
    Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by DurpDurp View Post

    So riddle me this soft, are you really satisfied staying in a corporation that mass recruits out of the recruitment channel, is determined to further their cause by increasing member count instead of member skill, has a universally hated CEO that drives away corporations in droves, and is notoriously unable to accept any form of criticism without flying off the handle?
    Well since I myself came from the recruitment channel, I am one of those terrible pilots. As for the question, if I didn't enjoy my time in Prax, I wouldn't be here. The rest of the post is meh

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Ratz View Post
    I had no idea, never suspected for a moment, that Lake had the authority, and the ability, to kick us from the alliance, when ever the whim takes him.
    You didn't know that? I mean Shang even kicked a corp from GENTS once.

  34. Piper in the Woods
    Joined
    2011 Feb
    Location
    Igneus Auctorita
    Posts
    49
    R/P
    0.040816326530612
    Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Ratz View Post
    Recently, I actually did become a little concerned about being kicked out of the alliance. I had chat to Chris Rittenhouse about three or four weeks ago. As he had known Kesper for quite awhile, I asked him if Kesper was the sort of person that may kick us from the alliance, if Lake complains to him about my guys giving him to much shit. I ask, just how much influence does Lake have over Kesper? Should I be concerned? Chris assured me that Kesper was not that sort of person. That, if it did become a problem he would come and talk to us first and discuss it. He'd never do anything rash like that, he's not a douchbag.

    Anyway, as I was sayin', seems Chris didn't know about his either. Therefor, it's all his fault!
    vv
    Oh, did I do that? :ohdear:

  35. Expendable Lo'k's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 May
    Location
    PKME
    Posts
    34
    R/P
    1.5294117647059
    Power
    3
    Regardless of context, this all feels vaguely familiar.
    [I][B]PKME [/B][/I]

  36. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Phey Onat's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Aug
    Location
    The Doom of Valyria
    Posts
    2,724
    R/P
    0.98201174743025
    Power
    11
    People are going on about Lake, what I enjoyed is Kesper being upset about people leaking command level info to Kugu.
    I've noticed that there's a pretty big disconnect between the general consensus of kugu and what's actually happening. It seems enough people have said it in this thread that people are taking it as fact.

  37. Expendable orphenshadow's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Nov
    Location
    Easy Co., BDEAL
    Posts
    35
    R/P
    0.34285714285714
    Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Phey Onat View Post
    People are going on about Lake, what I enjoyed is Kesper being upset about people leaking command level info to Kugu.
    What... Stuff being leaked to kugo.... NOOOOOO that never happens.

  38. Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night Zagdul's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Aug
    Location
    Shopping
    Posts
    1,988
    R/P
    0.68360160965795
    Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
    and by the way... lol at your ddos attack, its quite easy. a few simple steps for the Idiots...

    1. Select Text
    2. Select Copy
    3. Go to the Gents Forums
    4. Select post
    5. Click reply to post
    6. Push ctrl-v
    7. Click save post.

    repeat steps 4 - 7 and apparently if you do this, the idiots will consider this a ddos atttack, especially if its 3am your tired and you do it about 40 times....
    so go ahead and report me to my isp...



    Idiots.....
    may we see the copied text?

    http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread...l=1#post279290

    found it.

    EDIT: yeah me and some friends used to do forum wars where we'd have like 40 tabs open with all the text pasted ready to roll to fill an entire page with fucked up things. It's really not hard to do.

  39. Becalmed in Hell Kazanir's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Jul
    Posts
    807
    R/P
    1.0235439900867
    Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix Lag View Post
    Is there any reason besides sov-dropping that GENTS hasn't been reset by Goons and Test?
    Our leadership forums are like 5 times as bad. Just less leaky! :toot:

    EDIT: WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF SHITTY-ASS FAGGOT FORUM DOESN'T HAVE A TOOT EMOTE?

    Attachment 1332

    That's better. Fix your shit Viper.

  40. Slowly Dying Like Dried Grapes Vonqueesha Shenaynay's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Nov
    Location
    Bay Area / Chicago
    Posts
    3,169
    R/P
    0.12338277059009
    Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake View Post
    As has been covered before in this very thread: My intolerance for this sort of bullshit is immediately obvious to those who know me. My experience is that this is quietly approved of by many, and loudly complained about by a few.


    My response to things like this is nothing if not predictable, so there is no great accomplishment in eliciting it.


    ---


    I've had a cordial, thorough discussion with what appears to be UP's corp leadership, Dr Kang. They are condoning what I find unacceptable, and are no longer welcome in GENTS.
    There's a big difference between approval and just dealing with it.
    [B]I PAID 25 EUROS FOR A SIG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SHITTY TROLL ATTEMPT[/B]

  41. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee? Shangpo's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Oct
    Location
    The Gentlemen's Agreement,Branch
    Posts
    149
    R/P
    0.30201342281879
    Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by DurpDurp View Post

    So riddle me this soft, are you really satisfied staying in a corporation that mass recruits out of the recruitment channel, is determined to further their cause by increasing member count instead of member skill, has a universally hated CEO that drives away corporations in droves, and is notoriously unable to accept any form of criticism without flying off the handle?
    I think its important to keep your corp growing. Recruiting constantly keeps people interested, training and learning. We have got some great recruits from the channel. If you dont keep filling your corp you will never be a large alliance/corp. Just wont happen. To the next point that will inevitably be made, yes it also keeps our numbers up when Lake drives them away.

    Yes, Lake can be an incredible douchebag at times. Yes, he can be vindictive and even childish. Yes, Lake has the social graces of a small cardboard box. I dont/wont defend what Lake does, but we have told every single corp how GENTS is structured. We have all talked about the commonly known "Lake Effect" (Where we explain Lake's proclivities and how Kesper and Lake make one complete human).

    As COO, its easy for me to say, "holy shit, that was excessive or, wow I would have done things differently". It is easy to be an armchair Alliance leader, much harder to actually "wrangle the cats". For equal parts bad, Lake has amazing insight to this game, one of the best FC's I have ever seen (Laz, Tradik, and others are equally fantastic). His reasoning for recruiting the way we do does make sense. As far as PRAX is concerned, its probably one of the most organized corps in the game.

    If you want to play in the "big boy" 0.0, you are going to deal with massive ego's. Mittani, Zagdul, Wutsi, Monti, and Lake. (I never have thought that Kesper had much of an Ego) Personally, I have never had a problem with any of them and I deal with massive ego's all the time at work (RL) so I can maneuver around them to "get things done". I tend to do the same in this terrible game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soft Insanity View Post

    You didn't know that? I mean Shang even kicked a corp from GENTS once.
    Yup, it was for a AWOX'er

  42. King Dong
    Joined
    2010 May
    Posts
    2,120
    R/P
    0.83396226415094
    Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangpo View Post
    ...one of the best FC's I have ever seen...
    I'm going to go out an a limb here (and a sturdy one at that), and assume you don't see many FCs outside of your alliance...

  43. King Dong Atticus's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Nov
    Location
    Unsub. Stay swole. Get hole.
    Posts
    2,389
    R/P
    1.1456676433654
    Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangpo View Post
    I think its important to keep your corp growing. Recruiting constantly keeps people interested, training and learning. We have got some great recruits from the channel.
    All new people are spies.

    If you dont keep filling your corp you will never be a large alliance/corp.
    History teaches us that all the successful corps/alliances have become bloated and filled with members. :

    Yes, Lake can be an incredible douchebag at times. Yes, he can be vindictive and even childish. Yes, Lake has the social graces of a small cardboard box. I dont/wont defend what Lake does, but we have told every single corp how GENTS is structured. We have all talked about the commonly known "Lake Effect" (Where we explain Lake's proclivities and how Kesper and Lake make one complete human).
    Someone name a benefit of having this 'vindictive and even childish' person in your alliance.

    As COO, its easy for me to say, "holy shit, that was excessive or, wow I would have done things differently". It is easy to be an armchair Alliance leader, much harder to actually "wrangle the cats". For equal parts bad, Lake has amazing insight to this game, one of the best FC's I have ever seen (Laz, Tradik, and others are equally fantastic). His reasoning for recruiting the way we do does make sense. As far as PRAX is concerned, its probably one of the most organized corps in the game.

    If you want to play in the "big boy" 0.0, you are going to deal with massive ego's. Mittani, Zagdul, Wutsi, Monti, and Lake. (I never have thought that Kesper had much of an Ego) Personally, I have never had a problem with any of them and I deal with massive ego's all the time at work (RL) so I can maneuver around them to "get things done". I tend to do the same in this terrible game.
    Did you just reinforce their 'massive egos' by sucking their 'massive dicks'?
    "It pains me to say it but you are a good poster." - Vonq

  44. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Checkbox Poll's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Jul
    Location
    snigg
    Posts
    4,246
    R/P
    1.1321243523316
    Blog Entries
    1
    Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangpo View Post
    "Lake Effect"

  45. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Wusti's Avatar
    Joined
    2009 Oct
    Location
    With my New Bro Overlords in HONOR!!
    Posts
    3,541
    R/P
    1.3242022027676
    Power
    16
    Confirming I have a massive dick.

  46. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Arrador's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 May
    Location
    Perrigrin, tenerifis, immensea, fucked if I know
    Posts
    2,777
    R/P
    1.2898811667267
    Power
    12
    And people wondered why ME voted kesper out :P
    [Arrador] possesses a considerable understanding of ship configurations, strengths and weakness. He gives clear and purposeful instructions, is good at taking advantage of the fleet-composition he's dealt, and never loses sight of the main goal: fun. This, paired with an excellent tolerance for strong drink gives him an almost Churchillian capability to win, despite being completely pissed on booze most of the fleet operation.

  47. The Indefatigable Frog
    Joined
    2011 Apr
    Posts
    54
    R/P
    0.48148148148148
    Power
    4
    We should all leave this thread, its not polite to point and stare at the mentally handicapped.

  48. How to Build a Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later El Space Mariachi's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Jan
    Location
    ebin pasta syndigate x---DDD
    Posts
    10,218
    R/P
    1.3838324525347
    Power
    38
    It's not polite to fart mid-coitus but everyone does it anyway

  49. How to Build a Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later El Space Mariachi's Avatar
    Joined
    2011 Jan
    Location
    ebin pasta syndigate x---DDD
    Posts
    10,218
    R/P
    1.3838324525347
    Power
    38
    although that's a lie because we neckbeards are afraid of women so we don't fart mid coitus because we never have it

  50. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee? Shangpo's Avatar
    Joined
    2010 Oct
    Location
    The Gentlemen's Agreement,Branch
    Posts
    149
    R/P
    0.30201342281879
    Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrador View Post
    And people wondered why ME voted kesper out :P
    He was voted out cause he cant speak Nazi.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •