CEX.io
Page 9 of 91 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Ye Olde Providence Thread - I put on my chains and slave collar

1. We're Only in It for the Money Ooohyoutouchmytralala's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Practicality would dictate CVA could use M. Corps supers on their side, but CVA has never been one for practicality when dealing with how they like to play the game, and you know what? I'm ok with that. Give em hell CVA.

2. The Fourth Profession Tyrael's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/M._PIRE/corporations

M. Corp itself joined -42- so I doubt they'd have many PvP dudes there either way
    +rep ;)

3. We're Only in It for the Money Ooohyoutouchmytralala's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael View Post
    http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/M._PIRE/corporations

M. Corp itself joined -42- so I doubt they'd have many PvP dudes there either way
    If the alliance is there, I think it stands to reason that the main corp would eventually work its way down there as well.

4. We're Only in It for the Money Ooohyoutouchmytralala's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I can of course think of other MH corps that should be going to providence, but I'll accept no for an answer

5. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacabon Mere View Post
    echo also approached cva with us wanting nrds. We sent a mail about 2 weeks before we took sov, which equinox ignored. Then he said because we took sov without cva prior knowledge (would have to dig for the mail for exact wording) that we would remain red. Bit counter productive but oh well.
    Yeah, CVA's diplos are as slow and plodding as ever. There's a couple other alliances I know of who have been trying to get in contact with someone for weeks on end about arranging standings and making sure that their attempts on sov would be "okay" with CVA. No replies, no contact from the diplo room either.

Some things don't change

6. Go fuck yourself Frodo!
    R/P
    Power
    Goes back to the whole "wanting people that stuck with cva in misaba" mantra. No offence intended, but random people that have no past history with cva or the region would be less inclined to get a response vs Sev3rance returning. Quite a few of the Old Providence groups are coming 'home'. While they did go north after the fall of Old Provi, they did afterall build a fair share of the outposts that now the 'randoms' want or have bought/claimed.
    And they are old friends that have stayed in touch even after leaving.

Aaaaad nrds have secondary effect. Having to deal with constant conflicts in the citadel population. Diplos are already overworked and population in citadel have barely pushed 400.

The joys of nrds.

7. The Fourth Profession Tyrael's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooohyoutouchmytralala View Post
    I can of course think of other MH corps that should be going to providence, but I'll accept no for an answer
    Well somehow Evoke is also in PB. I noticed one of their renters with sov in Providence has a corp named Krautsourced hehe
    +rep ;)

8. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieTopSiders View Post
    M.PIRE also wants to keep NRDS, but CVA refuses to talk to us (even though we sent a mail a few days before we took sov).
    Keep trying! Have you tried cva-diplo? I'm glad I started speaking to some of the right people before taking sov. I am hoping it would have been a pain for an alliance as small as mine to suddenly find itself red because of not opening channels to CVA prior to getting the space. Maybe they'd let you drop sov in a system or two and allow you to stay? Can't know if you don't spend the time to find out.

BTW, It would help if you guys opened station services to public use. Kinda defeats the purpose of an open Provi when you lock down station services like factories. and bubble the hell out of your refinery station gates.

Quote Originally Posted by Niding View Post
    CVA isnt in a position per see to dictate who can have what SOV on a larger scale, but who is KOS or not has never changed.
    That's a similar statement for all of the opportunistic takers, that they get ignored after they bought sov without contacting CVA first. I mean, how hard is it to open diplo to the people you want to be neighbors with?

I disagree that CVA isn't in any position. As long as the bug null alliances stay out of it, CVA could probably slowly grind down these guys. It would nice to see them find a way to make nice but I think eventually they'd leave without outside help.

9. The church of Batman the redeemer needs you
    R/P
    Power
    hell, CCP made provi totally useless again so people are abandoning the region.

Amarr victor?!

10. Shoot blues, Tell Vile Rat. Vile rat's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Hey is this the right thread to ask about that great Providence evacuation deal? On behalf of GSF I'd like to take you up on it ev0ke.

R/P
    Power
    At least now we got a new place to rat people again =)

12. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper van View Post
    hell, CCP made provi totally useless again so people are abandoning the region.

Amarr victor?!
    In a lot of ways... Pretty much.

I've got to admit I'm shocked nobody (ex-NC) has considered going after some of the other non -A- southern assets. I imagine the drones as a block would be less enthusiastic trying to keep places like SP with their newfound tech goldmine.

13. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Manfred Hideous View Post
    In a lot of ways... Pretty much.

I've got to admit I'm shocked nobody (ex-NC) has considered going after some of the other non -A- southern assets. I imagine the drones as a block would be less enthusiastic trying to keep places like SP with their newfound tech goldmine.
    Scalding Pass is pretty shit though. You're within drop range of Curse and the true-sec is horrible, etc, etc. Wicked Creek is a bit better, and I bet they could snag Detroid pretty easily.

But it's more work for less reward. Attacking the Delve pets is smarter. They're weaker than what the rear guard of the Russians (Red Alliance) can bring. What surprises me is that the former NC entities haven't made a deal with -A- regarding Delve. If they had foresight, they should get -A- to realize their usefulness as a nearby ally, concentrate on the TEST pets and the TEST sov. It's not like the former NC entities and -A- don't have a common enemy, after all.

Restored parts of Providence are great again. Always some small pirate gang comes through that you can get a good brawl with. I look forward to the reclaiming spreading to the East eventually.

14. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofSatan View Post
    Scalding Pass is pretty shit though. You're within drop range of Curse and the true-sec is horrible, etc, etc. Wicked Creek is a bit better, and I bet they could snag Detroid pretty easily.

But it's more work for less reward. Attacking the Delve pets is smarter. They're weaker than what the rear guard of the Russians (Red Alliance) can bring. What surprises me is that the former NC entities haven't made a deal with -A- regarding Delve. If they had foresight, they should get -A- to realize their usefulness as a nearby ally, concentrate on the TEST pets and the TEST sov. It's not like the former NC entities and -A- don't have a common enemy, after all.

Restored parts of Providence are great again. Always some small pirate gang comes through that you can get a good brawl with. I look forward to the reclaiming spreading to the East eventually.
    I know it's not providence but Would RA bother? They've dropped a few systems in the south already.

I guess I was hoping less for something smart and more for doing something different or unexpected. Everydamnedbody seems to be doing Delve, these days.

Eastern Providence is pretty cool, too even though it's not pacified. Possibly because it's not, really.

15. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    Red Alliance has been bothering with Initiative in Wicked Creek (which used to be White Noise space, not RA), so I'd believe that they would defend timers in Scalding, certainly. RA loves it's renter space, it is easily the most greedy of the entities in the Russian bloc. I would not be surprised to see them try to absorb a lot of the space that WN had down south, Wicked Creek first, then Detroid.

Dealing with the Russian entities first-hand, RA is the worst to deal with. They are ravenous regarding having lots of space to rent out.

16. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?
    R/P
    Power
    Red Alliance has been bothering with Initiative in Wicked Creek (which used to be White Noise space, not RA), so I'd believe that they would defend timers in Scalding, certainly. RA loves it's renter space, it is easily the most greedy of the entities in the Russian bloc. I would not be surprised to see them try to absorb a lot of the space that WN had down south, Wicked Creek first, then Detroid.

Dealing with the Russian entities first-hand, RA is the worst to deal with. They are ravenous regarding having lots of space to rent out.
    deal /w RA depends on ur race, my ceo/alliance leader is russian and we were quite able to get some nice stufff rom em for relative lill trouble

guess its a matter of knowing the right persons i presume, saying the right words, etc, etc....

17. The Idiot Bastard Son Internet Spaceships's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    If you think Brick or MM would make a useful ally, you're dumber than I originally thought.

18. We're Only in It for the Money Ooohyoutouchmytralala's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet Spaceships View Post
    If you think Brick or MM would make a useful ally, you're dumber than I originally thought.
    Better than Atlas and Vera Cruz, two of -A-'s current allies in the area.

19. The Theory and Practice of Time Travel CCP Nozh's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    -A- holds lot of space at the moment so they will have to loose a region or two but beyond that DRF will probably let them keep it. If DRF were to own most of the 0.0 then we will see rest of the eve teaming up against them. It may not happen next month but given a year you'll see a even bigger coalition forming to remove DRF.

20. The Idiot Bastard Son Internet Spaceships's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Better than Atlas and Vera Cruz, two of -A-'s current allies in the area.
    Neither of those alliances are in Delve.

21. We're Only in It for the Money Ooohyoutouchmytralala's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Querious, PB, and Delve are all Delve Thunderdome to me

R/P
    Power
    VCruz are actually pretty chill bros. Would rather have them over northern refugees any day tbh.

23. Banned
    R/P
    Power
    They certainly would make a more useful ally than what's in Delve already, from an -A- perspective. Only half of the region is allied to -A-, and a few of those allies have larger amounts of space elsewhere (ROL/FAIL). The other pets are fine people to have tea with, I'm sure, but not more useful than castoff core NC providing a useful buffer against TEST/Goons while being rabidly anti-RUS at the same time. Are you suggesting Chaos Theory or Hun Reloaded would have made a better showing in Geminate against the RUS than Brick Squad did? C'mon now.

It's not like the -A- pets in Delve can't be resettled elsewhere anyways, you can take half of them and settle them in Querious, the other half can be installed in Detroid, Teneferis or any of the other ghettos that -A- currently controls.

24. We're Only in It for the Money Ooohyoutouchmytralala's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    They certainly would make a more useful ally than what's in Delve already, from an -A- perspective. Only half of the region is allied to -A-, and a few of those allies have larger amounts of space elsewhere (ROL/FAIL). The other pets are fine people to have tea with, I'm sure, but not more useful than castoff core NC providing a useful buffer against TEST/Goons while being rabidly anti-RUS at the same time. Are you suggesting Chaos Theory or Hun Reloaded would have made a better showing in Geminate against the RUS than Brick Squad did? C'mon now.

It's not like the -A- pets in Delve can't be resettled elsewhere anyways, you can take half of them and settle them in Querious, the other half can be installed in Detroid, Teneferis or any of the other ghettos that -A- currently controls.
    This. Vera Cruz might be chill, but are they going to bring the numbers MM could during a conflict? How about supercaps? Even Nulli, who I like quite a bit, couldn't take Brick or MM 1 on 1 I think. There is plenty of space for small alliances, even booting atlas. out of northern querious and opening up space there would be a big chunk of the delve groups.

Thats what I've been getting at. -A- supercap numbers are pretty poor right now, and like it or not supercaps win conflicts. MM and Brick have supercaps, the others don't (in quantity)

R/P
    Power
    Numbers on paper don't translate to actual combat capability. For 3 weeks now, Bricks/MM/Borg have been fighting the southern group against S2N/CHOAT/Huns and S2N and co have been winning most fights and have taken back several systems from the northern refugees. MM has 3,000 or so, Borg has 800 or so and Bricks have 2800 but their fleets are still small for their number, S2N and co can put 200 on field for EU TZ, whilst the northern refugees can get 300 even though they significantly outnumber S2N and co on paper. I won't comment on supercap numbers but they don't put them out often in large numbers for a reason.

In short, I think -A- is very happy with S2N/CHOAT's/HUN's combat capability and would rather go with people they trust and know can perform rather than kicking them out just because some dudes come that look better on paper (But don't actually perform anywhere near that level.)

26. God is dead. They found his carcass in 2019.. Mr Coloredshirt's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    If the alliance is there, I think it stands to reason that the main corp would eventually work its way down there as well.
    mcorp is dead jfyi mpire is just the industrial corp

27. The Idiot Bastard Son Internet Spaceships's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Only half of the region is allied to -A-, and a few of those allies have larger amounts of space elsewhere (ROL/FAIL).
    True, but you need to remember that Delve currently has a NIP in place so those alliances that aren't aligned with -A- pose no discernible risk at the moment.

The other pets are fine people to have tea with, I'm sure, but not more useful than castoff core NC providing a useful buffer against TEST/Goons while being rabidly anti-RUS at the same time.
    You overestimate the quality of this core that you're putting your confidence it. It has the integrity and strength of a wet sponge.

The unique aspect of Delve at the moment is that everyone is extremely content with the current arrangements. The mere threat of MM/Brick/BORG taking and holding sov has prompted all of the Delve residents to work together and push them out in an effective manner. Pretty sure you can't say the same about the old NC when their sov was in jeopardy.

Along the same vein as Warband's reply, despite being completely outnumbered on paper we're holding our own with a great deal of confidence. Until MM and Co can demonstrate that they can handle fighting groups less than half of their size, I see no reason why -A- would willingly choose to install an group of alliances that have no distinguishable successes in the past few months.

28. The Idiot Bastard Son Internet Spaceships's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    MM and Brick have supercaps, the others don't (in quantity)
    To the best of my knowledge they've yet to use them save for reinforcing towers and systems right before DT, when the odds of a counter drop is next to nothing. Last night MM dropped a Nyx one jump from CHAOT's main hub and our JB to the HUN pocket, all for a mackinaw kill. Had we been one minute faster with getting a dictor in system, MM would be down one supercap.

So yes, they have supercaps, but if they can't figure out how to use them intelligently it's not going to be a significant factor with their successes in Delve.

Edit: You brought up Vera Cruz again. Vera Cruz has yet to significantly (if at all) involve themselves with the fights taking place in Delve, so a such they've been a non-factor. Referencing a PB alliance when referring to the stability of alliances installed in Delve seems like you're comparing apples to oranges.

29. We're Only in It for the Money Ooohyoutouchmytralala's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet Spaceships View Post
    To the best of my knowledge they've yet to use them save for reinforcing towers and systems right before DT, when the odds of a counter drop is next to nothing. Last night MM dropped a Nyx one jump from CHAOT's main hub and our JB to the HUN pocket, all for a mackinaw kill. Had we been one minute faster with getting a dictor in system, MM would be down one supercap.

So yes, they have supercaps, but if they can't figure out how to use them intelligently it's not going to be a significant factor with their successes in Delve.

Edit: You brought up Vera Cruz again. Vera Cruz has yet to significantly (if at all) involve themselves with the fights taking place in Delve, so a such they've been a non-factor. Referencing a PB alliance when referring to the stability of alliances installed in Delve seems like you're comparing apples to oranges.
    They are more worried about a counter drop from -A- or GSF than from you. Honestly, I'm not talking about the stability of the delve regions, I am saying that if -A- could work out a deal, to relocate some of the delve, querious, and PB residents to other areas and set up a relationship with Razor, MM, and Brick in those areas, their powerblock would become quite a bit more secure. If some alliances refused to relocate, then tough luck for them. Not to mention the fact that I doubt the old NC core would take that offer. I would honestly guess its probably already been discussed among SC leadership and NC leadership.

But this is the providence thread, and should be discussed elsewhere.

30. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Konev's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Delve space is not -A- space. Delve alliances will not move in order to install useless pets. Here is a more intelligent idea, move MM and co to those other spots rather than giving them space to sit and rot in again.

Lets try get this thread back on topic, Delve thread is down the hall, 2nd door on the right.

31. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    They are more worried about a counter drop from -A- or GSF than from you. Honestly, I'm not talking about the stability of the delve regions, I am saying that if -A- could work out a deal, to relocate some of the delve, querious, and PB residents to other areas and set up a relationship with Razor, MM, and Brick in those areas, their powerblock would become quite a bit more secure. If some alliances refused to relocate, then tough luck for them. Not to mention the fact that I doubt the old NC core would take that offer. I would honestly guess its probably already been discussed among SC leadership and NC leadership.

But this is the providence thread, and should be discussed elsewhere.

What would be awesome about that is them getting sov right now would be like ringing a dinner bell. I imagine the fairly strong anti-NC contingents would love to finish driving a stake into the heart of old NC. Fact is it might even work. There's only so much many people will take and if they think they'll be followed and crushed whenever they get on dotlan, the remainder of the troops will flow quite freely.

My old corp is down about 25% from its numbers a couple months ago when I quit playing and a lot of them were the long time players.

32. Piper in the Woods Rump Rider's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    I'm concerned that CVA and Ushra Khan will settle their differences, ban together, and take over all of 0.0. Watch out it could happen!

<rump rider ponders that this might get the thread back on track while scratching his chin>
    Just hitchin' a ride on my older brother's ass

33. The Fourth Profession Tyrael's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Hey stop shitting up my thread!!11

Now, I notice some of the biggest corps in CVA are the ex PXF dudes and dudettes - how is alliance chat for you? There are rumors that you can only speak in emotes and /bow whenever Gibguard has the floor?
    +rep ;)

34. Go fuck yourself Frodo!
    R/P
    Power
    Surely you mean Highfather Gibguard and Priestess Neddy? Yes, they are only second to Goatmaster Equinox, his royal highness of the great and mighty best and all powerful caldari leader of the free people of The Legion of Spoon, defender of the Common man, Protector of Goats, And lover of Spoons, Eq the 1st.

35. This is harsh. Evaluate me
    R/P
    Power
    Our "pants down" gangs are because of Incarna now called "Skirts up"

And it's old time fun again, chasing wabbits.

36. Electric Ant
    R/P
    Power
    Hmm last I checked, this wasn't an -A- or a Delve thread...how topics change lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Sansa Comfrey View Post
    Out of curiosity does the price for docking in a CVA station scale with ship size?
    Yes. All Coalition stations will have the same docking fees. If you have +5 standings it will be 50% lower and for +10 (set mostly only between coalition/holder alliances) will be free.

Quote Originally Posted by StevieTopSiders View Post
    M.PIRE also wants to keep NRDS, but CVA refuses to talk to us (even though we sent a mail a few days before we took sov).
    A few days...? And who is M.PIRE? I've been in providence for about 2 years straight and I've never heard of you I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacabon Mere View Post
    echo also approached cva with us wanting nrds. We sent a mail about 2 weeks before we took sov, which equinox ignored. Then he said because we took sov without cva prior knowledge (would have to dig for the mail for exact wording) that we would remain red. Bit counter productive but oh well.
    I suppose 2 weeks is a bit more time, but equinox is the man you needed to speak to and he has plenty on his plate at the moment. If you didn't get to speak to him beforehand than not our problem. You should have made sure you spoke to him first instead of just taking sov. Again, other than you jac, until ECHO took sov I had no idea you guys existed. (Shoulda stayed with us mate :P)

Back before the Catch invasion things moved a lot slower. We (APOC) used to fly in -7- space and established a great repoire with them, getting +10 standings. CVA still had us neutral months after -7- made us +10. It took us 7-8 months or so before CVA recognised us as a fellow NRDS alliance and set us +5. Getting holder status took a further 2-3 months or so and all because of our presence and willingness to get involved, not necassarily because of our ability to bring big guns or numbers....just loyalty. We got to a stage that just before the Catch invasion -7- was looking to transfer sov to us in 1-2 Catch systems, but before it could be finalised via CVA war broke out. All in all what I'm trying to say is that it took a long time back then, and that isn't anywhere near the case these days. It's probably up x3-4 times quicker to get holder status. CVA I'm happy to say is a little less stringent and more welcoming to new coalition/holder faces than its ever been. However, it still takes more effort than a few eve mails.

The Alliances CVA has blue and want to share sov with them are people that has stood by them when they where kicked back into LOW sec, abiding by NRDS.
    To be honest this is the crux of the matter. Now that provi seems to be a more attractive place for CVA/Friends we suddenly have a lot of new friends...or at least who want to be friends. The old days may be gone, but the fact remains is CVA doesn't just set blue standings just like that. And being granted holder status doesn't happen overnight and doesn't happen to everyone.

Goes back to the whole "wanting people that stuck with cva in misaba" mantra. No offence intended, but random people that have no past history with cva or the region would be less inclined to get a response vs Sev3rance returning. Quite a few of the Old Providence groups are coming 'home'. While they did go north after the fall of Old Provi, they did afterall build a fair share of the outposts that now the 'randoms' want or have bought/claimed. And they are old friends that have stayed in touch even after leaving.Aaaaad nrds have secondary effect.
    Niding that's spot on. ECHO and M.PIRE are probably getting the cold shoulder for this very reason, even if they want to be NRDS, giving them sov at the moment isn't on the top of their minds. They would probably get a better response if they dropped all sov and handed it to CVA, displayed a presence in the area as NRDS and be granted a few systems later on down the road. But you'd have to talk to equinox, as he's the only one who can arrange anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred Hideous View Post
    BTW, It would help if you guys opened station services to public use. Kinda defeats the purpose of an open Provi when you lock down station services like factories. and bubble the hell out of your refinery station gates.
    Manfred that is selectively based upon the alliance/corp that owns the stations. Some of them don't have much in the way of services (such as only a few factory slots) so are either alliance or +10 only.
    Life is a Gift: Use it Wisely

37. Legitimate Rape Baby
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SirFur View Post
    Manfred that is selectively based upon the alliance/corp that owns the stations. Some of them don't have much in the way of services (such as only a few factory slots) so are either alliance or +10 only.
    Oh I understand that. This was an M. PIRE factory station and wasn't available to use. I didn't have any BPs or mins, just checking available services and making what I thought might be a helpful suggestion to Steve. I imagine it wouldn't really help them now that I've read more helpful posts on the situation.

38. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee? Byrr's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SirFur View Post
    A few days...? And who is M.PIRE? I've been in providence for about 2 years straight and I've never heard of you I'm afraid.
    It looks like it's made up of the M.Corp offshoots. They were a big part of Daisho Syndicate, who was part of the Providence Fight Club/Squatters/Skittles Coalition that were in Providence in between CVA and NCdot/Ev0ke.

R/P
    Power
    OK, I'd like to request a history lesson on Provi Fight Club. When was it? Who were the players? What made it so awesome?

I was up in the north at the time and only heard snippets of what it was all about. But everyone I've known who was in it says it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    "It pains me to say it but you are a good poster." - Vonq

40. We're Only in It for the Money Ooohyoutouchmytralala's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    OK, I'd like to request a history lesson on Provi Fight Club. When was it? Who were the players? What made it so awesome?

I was up in the north at the time and only heard snippets of what it was all about. But everyone I've known who was in it says it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Early to mid-late 2010. Started out with Chaos Theory Alliance, Opticon Alliance, Daisho Syndicate, Ushra'Khan, Enforcers of Serenity, Agony Empire, Legio Astartes Arcanum, Star Fraction, The final stand, Noir Mercenary Group, Paxton Federation, Flying Dangerous, Sodalitas XX (or something like that), Malevolence, and I honestly think that’s it.

As the situation evolved, some alliances were kicked out. Opticon Alliance was replaced by Circle of Two, Enforcers of Serenity was replaced by Important Internet Spaceships league, Paxton Federation was replaced by Dara Cortham, the final stand got replaced by Teutonic Guard, which quickly crumbled, Ushra'Khan got hijacked and reformed as Damu'Khonde, very short lived, Noir mercenary group was going to be betrayed by the nip and be taken out by kadeshi and Mercenary Coalition, but they flipped their space to CVA instead. Malevolence merged into Imperial order, who tried pretty unsuccessfully to take sov in providence at the time. Then there was some other alliance, think it might have been get off my lawn? Who held some sov briefly and failed to hold it against the nip. And when Ushra'Khan left providence, they gave Chribba 9UY which is still in his possession today.

It was basically a thunderdome where everyone would come together in case of sov warfare, enforced by -A-.

When -A- lost their space to WN and co, things started degrading, the alliances were however standing on their own until evoke came down, and then later NC.

The rest is history.

As to why it was awesome, I suppose it was a lot of small gang PVP and larger skirmishes against CVA, with little to no sov consequences. Some of the greatest small gang pvp groups in the game were there in agony and BDEAL, and the rest held their own pretty good. -A- was neutral to everyone btw, so they stopped by for visits every once in awhile.

41. Go fuck yourself Frodo!
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Warband View Post
    Numbers on paper don't translate to actual combat capability. For 3 weeks now, Bricks/MM/Borg have been fighting the southern group against S2N/CHOAT/Huns and S2N and co have been winning most fights and have taken back several systems from the northern refugees. MM has 3,000 or so, Borg has 800 or so and Bricks have 2800 but their fleets are still small for their number, S2N and co can put 200 on field for EU TZ, whilst the northern refugees can get 300 even though they significantly outnumber S2N and co on paper. I won't comment on supercap numbers but they don't put them out often in large numbers for a reason.

In short, I think -A- is very happy with S2N/CHOAT's/HUN's combat capability and would rather go with people they trust and know can perform rather than kicking them out just because some dudes come that look better on paper (But don't actually perform anywhere near that level.)
    If you think subcap fleets allow you to hold sov, you are deluded, or have never faced a titan and sc fleet in your subcaps...

R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by lolol View Post
    If you think subcap fleets allow you to hold sov, you are deluded, or have never faced a titan and sc fleet in your subcaps...
    Quote Originally Posted by warband
    I won't comment on supercap numbers but they don't put them out often in large numbers for a reason.
    Subcaps are all that matters when opposition isn't facing a "titan and sc fleet"

43. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee? Byrr's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post

It was a time of turmoil and chaos, glory and legend. Also, some boring shit happened too.

As a serious answer, there's a lot to cover there. It doesn't help that with so many involved parties there are a lot of different perspectives on the whole thing. The boiled down basics is that CVA lost a war with -A- (and allies, of course), and the space was repopulated by smaller alliances under the auspices of UNITY and -A-. These alliances had a non-invasion pact, but engages in small-gang and skirmish warfare against each other. CVA never stopped harassing the lot of them, trying to get their space back. It wasn't very stable, resulting in a bunch of conflicts that ranged from just above friendly skirmishes to one major civil war with groups forming with and against UNITY (briefly under the ticker USHRA as a reformed alliance) for control of the region. Eventually NCdot and Ev0ke got pushed south and settled here, pushing the "fight club" out.

I could go into more detail on how things were from the LEGIO perspective and I'll bet that there are some from the other factions that would do the same, but since it's not in the realm of Providence current events it might be best to not clutter up this thread.

The threads with most of the history are here:
    About the time the fight club was moving in:
    http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread...nce-slap-fight

Right after PXF was pushed out:
    http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread...452-providence

Providence Civil war era:
    http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread...681-Providence

From the period NCdot and Ev0ke were pushing out the remaining alliances:
    http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread...ence-revisited

44. We're Only in It for the Money Ooohyoutouchmytralala's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    The old nip alliances didn't really scatter too much, which is strange for how loosely affiliated they all were. Clusterfuck Coalition or -A- seems to be it.

CTA are in delve

Sodalitas p. much merged into one corp, paragon fury, and is now in cascade Imminent

Legio is allied with -A- and has some sov in catch

Imperial order is also a -A- ally, with some sov out in bumfuck ex atlas space

BDEAL is now in fountain, and dara cortham merged into one corp, the fifth ace, which is in BDEAL.

Opticons best pilots started Death Incarnate Inc, also in BDEAL.

It was also the downfall of Circle of Two in my opinion, from a well respected pvp alliance to a joke, the transition in providence to the south where they got crushed by stainwagon, and then returned to venal much smaller.

Daisho died, which apparently is a big deal, not sure who Daisho used to be. Maybe someone could explain that to me.

45. We're Only in It for the Money Ooohyoutouchmytralala's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrr View Post
    It was a time of turmoil and chaos, glory and legend. Also, some boring shit happened too.

As a serious answer, there's a lot to cover there. It doesn't help that with so many involved parties there are a lot of different perspectives on the whole thing. The boiled down basics is that CVA lost a war with -A- (and allies, of course), and the space was repopulated by smaller alliances under the auspices of UNITY and -A-. These alliances had a non-invasion pact, but engages in small-gang and skirmish warfare against each other. CVA never stopped harassing the lot of them, trying to get their space back. It wasn't very stable, resulting in a bunch of conflicts that ranged from just above friendly skirmishes to one major civil war with groups forming with and against UNITY (briefly under the ticker USHRA as a reformed alliance) for control of the region. Eventually NCdot and Ev0ke got pushed south and settled here, pushing the "fight club" out.

I could go into more detail on how things were from the LEGIO perspective and I'll bet that there are some from the other factions that would do the same, but since it's not in the realm of Providence current events it might be best to not clutter up this thread.

The threads with most of the history are here:
    About the time the fight club was moving in:
    http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread...nce-slap-fight

Right after PXF was pushed out:
    http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread...452-providence

Providence Civil war era:
    http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread...681-Providence

From the period NCdot and Ev0ke were pushing out the remaining alliances:
    http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread...ence-revisited
    You should put a disclaimer on those links Byrr.

WARNING: BUTTERDOG POSTING INSIDE.

R/P
    Power

Oh god, I already clicked.

47. Go fuck yourself Frodo!
    R/P
    Power
    Agreed, they do not matter if they are not being fielded. They will however only be fielded to kill another supercap, or if sov is being contested. And since there are no plans for sov currently...

What i meant was that you should not equate numbers being fielded by Nulli/Hun etc. to capability to actually contest sov. In a sov war, -A- et al will only look at super numbers because they are the only ones that really matter. Subcap number will generally be the 'meatshields'. Should Nulli/Hun etc have numerious supers, they will of course become more attractive to whomever is doing sov warfare.

48. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee? Byrr's Avatar
    R/P
    Power

Oh shit, I forgot. Still, maybe that's a good reminder for those with rose-colored nostalgia glasses that it wasn't always better in the old days.

49. We're Only in It for the Money Ooohyoutouchmytralala's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=10050460

S
    hiny?

I think the REAL story here is....

Care Factor has a supercarrier? O.o

That alone makes me call troll, any word on it here?

EDIT: Actually it was just confirmed by a few friends still in CVA (one who was quite mad he didn't get pinged)

50. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex Snake's Avatar
    R/P
    Power
    Yeah, its confirmed. I didn't get pinged until after it was over >.>

TL;DR: titan bridged in a couple of freighters then jumped himself. He logged off as soon as he jumped but not before Dunn got him aggroed. So he was just probed down and killed.

I'm sure Dunn will post a proper BR once he finishes fapping.