Help test Time Dilation and Node Remapping to benefit us all
CCP wants to test these things on duality tonight:
- Automatic activation of time dilation on heavy lag
- Remapping of nodes (splitting it from a server under high stress / reinforcing it on the fly, from what I can gather - it will disconnect people, but only for a very short time)
Usually, about 250-350 dudes show up for these tests, majority of which are empire pubbies FC'd by CCP employees. This is a rather low number to test heavy lag situations with, for good reasons: the tests are boring and the only 'reward' is skillpoints on singularity.
While I'm no fan of CCP and hardly want to suck their dicks, I do want to take initiative to help them test time dilation and node remapping. Coming from an alliance that arguably benefits the most from laggy nodes, I still want to see it completely eradicated. CCP has agreed to put ~the 0.0 crowd~ into a separate, third fleet without CCP fc, so I'm asking all of you and all willing alliance members to setup a test server client and join our fleet tonight. GSF has setup an open mumble to accomodate everyone.
The test will take about ~1 hour and involves shooting hundreds of empire pubbies. Yes, we can bring (glasscannon turret) titans. If this experiment is succesful, we can expect CCP to work with us to create a more fun and valuable event for 0.0 alliances.
This is how you connect to the test server
- Download the automatic test server patching tool, please try to start running/updating this at 19.00 GMT, it takes 15-30 minutes depending on third world or proper internet. UPDATE TO DUALITY, NOT SINGULARITY
- When logged in, join channel masstesting and perhaps moveme, follow instructions to get teleported to staging area. It has a market with most ships/items for 100 isk.
- Buy whatever (faction) ship / bring a supercap and wait for fleet to go up on Mister Vee, mumble details will be shared once in fleet
Needless to say, the more data they gather, the better. Spread the word, everyone is welcome ?
Update: apparantly the patch is quite large, so it might take an ~hour to download. Start early!