Majesta Empire Leadership Structure
NOTE: Only two people from the same corp can hold positions of PM or Minister at any given time. If there is difficulty in finding candidates the Council is empowered to vote on making an exception for a third person from the same corp for a particular position.
PRIME MINISTER (might need better title, but went with this for now since it's vaguely parliamentarian)
* Holds executor position in Privy.
* Sets goals and strategic direction for the alliance
* Creates action plans for achieving those goals with the advice and input of the relevant cabinet ministers
* Carries out those plans by delegating tasks and authority to those who need it
* Primary diplomatic interface with the NC: is very active on coalition forums, in jabber. Responsible for giving the impression of an active, healthy ME.
* Informs membership of NC actions, plans, and ops.
* Mediates disputes between ME members
* Negotiates standings, rental agreements, and new corps joining
* Oversees the general health and operations of the alliance, including making sure that each of his cabinet ministers know what they are supposed to be doing and how they are supposed to do it.
* Maintains oversight and verifies that these tasks are being carried out.
* Backup for Minister of Revenue to make sure bills are paid
ELECTION: The Prime Minister is elected from a set of candidates by simple majority vote of the council of CEOs.
TERM LIMIT: The PM's term of office is 6 months from their being elected to office. With the first term starting in March, this means that ME will hold elections every March and September.
RE-ELECTION: There is no limit on the number of times the PM can run for re-election.
REPLACEMENT: There are limits to the PM's power. Any corp CEO can make a motion of no confidence in the PM. If 1/3rd of the Council of CEOs is in favor of the motion of no confidence, a vote on whether to remove the current seated PM is held. A 2/3rds majority is required to unseat the PM. If unseated, the Council must elect a new PM. The old PM steps down and cedes control of the alliance when the new PM announces that he or she is ready to assume office.
FORUM ACCESS: FULL
SALARY: None, this position is a 'labor of love'.
DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER
* Designated backup for the PM. If the PM is unavailable during a time of crisis, the DPM assumes the full responsibilities of the PM position until the PM returns or the Council votes to remove the PM and a new PM election can be held, whichever happens first.
* Can be a sitting Minister.
FORUM ACCESS: Full
PRIVY COUNCIL CABINET
Each of these positions requires the holder to have an alt in Privy Council, with roles appropriate to their duties. The PM, DPM, Minister of War and Minister of Public Affairs all have director roles in the Privy Council. Only the PM, DPM and those two ministers are able to make changes to alliance standings.
ELECTION: Cabinet ministers are appointed by the PM.
REPLACEMENT: Individual ministers can be rejected or voted out of office by the council of CEOs with a simple 51% majority vote. Ministers can also be fired on the spot by the PM for theft, gross incompetence or dereliction of duty.
SALARY: Each minister is paid a small monthly salary, set by vote of the Council. This amount has not yet been decided.
DEPUTIES: Each Minister is themselves empowered to appoint a deputy with roles in Privy appropriate to their station.
Minister of War (typically but not necessarily Fleet Admiral of ME Navy)
* Planning and execution of wars, at the direction and with the assent of the PM
* Organization of the navy
* Is empowered to call upon corps to deploy staging poses for military deployments
* Is empowered to call alliance combat CTAs
FORUM ACCESS: Leadership, Council, Diplomacy, Logistics, POS Management, all Navy forums
Ministers of the Interior x 2:
* Responsible for development of ME space
* Administers outposts
* Responsible for moon-mining and reaction driveplan
* Develops profit-sharing plans for corps
* Responsible for upgrades to shared alliance systems
* Allocates moons for pos deployment
* Allocates corp systems
* Key goal is to maximize income for corps and the alliance while minimizing effort - decentralizing profit generation NOT making more work for themselves
* Is empowered to call upon corps to deploy poses in order to develop our space
* Is empowered to call alliance CTA mining ops
FORUM ACCESS: Leadership, Council, POS Mgmt, Logistics
NOTE: Yes, you read that right, two separate people hold this position. That's because it is too important to be entrusted to one person. They work together to make the magic happen and bring in the Minister of Logistics when needed.
Minister of Logistics
* Responsible for monthly pos fuel disbursement
* Responsible for transport of POS kits, sov-holding equipment, and other needed items from empire
* Responsible for moving products to empire for sale
* Keeps track of ME assets and maintains an evacuation plan in case we need to get alliance assets to empire
* Works closely with Minister of Interior to make sure they have what they need
* Is empowered to call upon corps to deploy poses in order to make logistics easier
* Is empowered to call alliance CTA logistic ops (freighters, jfs, rorquals, haulers, etc)
FORUM ACCESS: Leadership, Council, POS Mgmt, Logistics, Trade Orders
Minister of Revenue
* Handles buy and sell orders for the alliance.
* Coordinates shipping and receiving with Minister of Logistics
* Works with Ministers of the Interior to ensure Majesta remains within its budget
* Responsible for making sure sov and alliance bills are paid (shared with PM)
* Responsible for payout of PM and minister salaries
FORUM ACCESS: Leadership, Council, Logistics, Trade Orders
Minister of Security and Special Tasks
* Responsible for reviewing Privy Council transactions to make sure nothing is going missing
* Planning and executing counter-intelligence operations
* Site inspections of alliance towers (moon-mining, strategic, logistic, whatever) to verify that they are fitted and running properly
* Otherwise free to help other ministers with their duties as needed
FORUM ACCESS: Full
Minister of Public Affairs:
* Responsible for keeping standings up to date on a day to day basis (check tribute blue list, etc)
* Monitors renters for violations of agreements
* Propaganda (please don't be terrible at this)
* Backup for PM and DPM for dealing with diplomatic issues
FORUM ACCESS: Leadership, Council, Diplomacy
COUNCIL OF CEOS
* Elect Prime Minister
* Replace PM when vote of no confidence reaches 2/3rds majority
* Veto cabinet ministers
* Determines whether to accept or reject trial corps
* Bring problems and concerns to the attention of the PM
* Come up with ideas to present to the PM
* Identify and recommend potential cabinet ministers, FCs, and other roles.
* Sets salary for minister positions