Sometimes you feel like you should come in and post something to save a thread, then theres threads like this one where you look at it, then put your hands up and back away slowly.
Cheer up -A-
"This video is unavailable in your country"
*leaves mumbling about living in a third world*
Cyno's lit, Bridge is up, but one pilot? wont be jumping home. R.I.P VILE RAT
>Grogoth Drem: I think that Shadoo's goals in eve are the same as his apparent goals in real life. To become the largest single entity there is.
News from the battlefield: The HBC is now fighting over who gets to fight AAA.
[21:18:35] Van Schnitzel > init ruinin our fight
I'll do anything for rep.
>Souls of Steel
My fucking sides. This is one of the best ones yet.
"When did Shadoo become such a pussy?"
"My application with PL is just processing, I'm just too good for them"
"Will someone jam that fucking keres already?"
"Shadoo is just afraid so he embedded himself like a coward into the largest alliance"
"PL got like 7 titans stolen yesterday so yeah"
"I remember when they took fights 4-to-1 and won outnumbered now they can't win 2-1"
welcome back friendo
so Maka formed a fleet since ages. he wanted a full fleet of tengus, got 220 only, meh, 50 scimitars though. first time i flew the 100mn AB scimitar. being skeptical first but after flying it and being primed by 200 dudes and not being scratched, i love it.
so we didn't really know what was gonna happen, probably going to help ROL when the mighty test alliance jumped into 4-07. i thought cool, no ass long travels, no structure repping, just undock and pvp. thats what happened. i was really suprised to see test and their PL FCs jump into a cynojammed system with something other than t1 fitted rifters. so the fight started (keep in mind even numbers eh :P) , primaries were dropping fast. our reps were holding easily except for those who didn't broadcast quick enough or did get lost in space. so after a while test was like "oh shit - that even number thing doesn't work out". lets retreat or loose the whole fleet. good decision! we followed them into 49 and no big suprise opponents carriers and later supers followed. dropped a couple of more targets, lost quiet the tengus though. tengus near the anchor with quick fingers were all safed easily. unfortunately in 200 man fleets you always get people disconnecting or doing their own thing, so you cant safe everyone.
so we jumped back to our home-system, gfs were exchanged in local and now we started moving towards our actual destination. apparently Test got so scared from the -a- alliance, despite their shityness - that they pinged for 600 dudes. so maka said fuck it, if they don't want to fight, lets go home and let them jerk off that they conquered a new system. fleet agreed and we went home.
Preemptive Free Centra
I was gonna nap for two hours between ops and slept for nine. Guess that's what I get for working nights and staying up all day.
There's nothing worse than having a good idea for a post not being good enough to pull it off :negative:
Those who do not follow the party line will be punished! I guess g00n cultural policies have rubbed off on TEST to the point that they no longer are distinct from them. Too bad too, because alliances like AAA have managed to mantain a strong cultural identity for years now without having to compromise anything to the CFC/NC, but I guess when you suck without a massive blob that is the price you must pay to go anywhere.
We had a roam posted so formed about 50 duders in nagas/scimis/canes with some pots and pans for luck and headed for k-6
There were 100+ test in a drake fleet in K-6 who didnt want to seem to jump into us to Lee 'Bushido' Chanka convoed Dingo and told him we'd get off the gate to let the 100 test dudes into system safely so they could get a nice fair 2:1 fight with us. We/Test obliged and started dancing around a gate with each group trying to get a range that worked from them while we shot all the usual test tackle that burnt for us 1 by 1. We had word of a 50 man init naga gang heading for the fight and assumed TEST had told them we had arranged a fight but init piled in anyway.
P.funny hearing both -a- and TEST tell init to fuk off. Like the sad ginger kid that nobody wants to play with sosad
Anyways, init stuck around and TEST ran out of rifterlings so facing 150+ duders we headed home hoping that just one fleet would follow. Seems TEST went to dig up more tackle or something and init followed. We engaged and did pretty poorly in the end. Init did a good job of swapping and changing up primaries and our logis wernt in a great spot so we lost a bunch early.
gf tho and glad lee still sticks around trying to skirmish a fight with a 50 man fleet vs a 150 man fleet.
i can't believe people still are in init
obv those faglords say "we don't wan't sov" when there is nobody to give it to them
Ron Mexxico - Broski North
Helios Black > not mad ron
INIT on helios black levels of mad atm
Ron Mexxico - Broski North
Helios Black > not mad ron
Init and Raiden remind me of the French. They have lost every war they have ever been involved in. Then when a big alliance gives/sells them space. They immediately start marching in the streets, furiously waving their little flags, like a 8 year old waves his dick around. Screaming at the top of their lungs; "We did it, We WON, we are the best."
Especially the Init posts about: if test didn’t give us space we would have simple taken it from them, make me lol real hard J.
I give it 3 weeks before, Init and raiden leave (read: get kicked out) of Delve again, calling it cultural differences with TEST
- Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, France is conquered by of all things, an Italian. [Or at ths time in history, a Roman -ed.]
- Hundred Years War
- Mostly lost, saved at last by female schizophrenic who inadvertently creates The First Rule of French Warfare; "France's armies are victorious only when not led by a Frenchman." Sainted.
- Italian Wars
- Lost. France becomes the first and only country to ever lose two wars when fighting Italians.
- Wars of Religion
- France goes 0-5-4 against the Huguenots
- Thirty Years War
- France is technically not a participant, but manages to get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her.
- War of Revolution
- Tied. Frenchmen take to wearing red flowerpots as chapeaux.
- The Dutch War
- War of the Augsburg League/King William's War/French and Indian War
- Lost, but claimed as a tie. Three ties in a row induces deluded Frogophiles the world over to label the period as the height of French military power.
- War of the Spanish Succession
- Lost. The War also gave the French their first taste of a Marlborough, which they have loved every since.
- American Revolution
- In a move that will become quite familiar to future Americans, France claims a win even though the English colonists saw far more action. This is later known as "de Gaulle Syndrome", and leads to the Second Rule of French Warfare; "France only wins when America does most of the fighting."
- French Revolution
- Won, primarily due the fact that the opponent was also French.
- The Napoleonic Wars
- Lost. Temporary victories (remember the First Rule!) due to leadership of a Corsican, who ended up being no match for a British footwear designer.
- The Franco-Prussian War
- Lost. Germany first plays the role of drunk Frat boy to France's ugly girl home alone on a Saturday night.
- World War I
- Tied and on the way to losing, France is saved by the United States [Entering the war late -ed.]. Thousands of French women find out what it's like to not only sleep with a winner, but one who doesn't call her "Fraulein." Sadly, widespread use of condoms by American forces forestalls any improvement in the French bloodline.
- World War II
- Lost. Conquered French liberated by the United States and Britain just as they finish learning the Horst Wessel Song.
- War in Indochina
- Lost. French forces plead sickness; take to bed with the Dien Bien Flu
- Algerian Rebellion
- Lost. Loss marks the first defeat of a western army by a Non-Turkic Muslim force since the Crusades, and produces the First Rule of Muslim Warfare; "We can always beat the French." This rule is identical to the First Rules of the Italians, Russians, Germans, English, Dutch, Spanish, Vietnamese and Esquimaux.
- War on Terrorism
- France, keeping in mind its recent history, surrenders to Germans and Muslims just to be safe. Attempts to surrender to Vietnamese ambassador fail after he takes refuge in a McDonald's.
The question for any country silly enough to count on the French should not be "Can we count on the French?", but rather "How long until France collapses?"
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Or, better still, the quote from last week's Wall Street Journal: "They're there when they need you."
fraps of makalu fail fc'ing from 4/10/12, enjoy : )
Is it that time of the year again? Am I going to have to quote the war nerd article that is the answer to that dumb fucking list?
http://www.exile.ru/articles/detail....K_ID=35&PAGE=1Nobody, no army on earth, could've held off the Germans under the conditions that the French faced them. The French lost because they had a long land border with Germany. The English survived because they had the English Channel between them and the Wehrmacht. When the English Army faced the Wehrmacht at Dunkirk, well, thanks to spin the tuck-tail-and-flee result got turned into some heroic tale of a brilliant British retreat. The fact is, even the Brits behaved like cowards in the face of the Wehrmacht, abandoning the French. It's that simple.